Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (96094 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
tavon: Obamo is overrated. He has failed to deliver in all his promises. I know that Bush left this country in a state of calamity buy Obamo promised change. Only aspect he delivered on was health care. Infact if it was a White man that bleeped up the way Obama did everyone would want his head on d chopping board. The only reason why some voters are voting for Obama mostly has to do with race not his policies.

Intact black people have come under attack for saving a vote for Romney. Why d Bleep will u call me uncle Tom cos I don't believe Obama can change the economy around.

You mean close to 60 million voters are voting for Obama because of Race? What is the population of black people in America? Obama is polling about 45% among white people. Do you think these white folks want him because he is black? Seriously. I can tell you it is the other way round. Some of the 55% of white people against him is because of race.

Obama hasn't been excellent but I give him a pass mark. Unemployment was over 9% when he took over. He has worked with a Congress that has oppossed all his ideas. And you say all he has done is healthcare! Hello! How many issues are bigger than Healthcare in America? Only Economy and possibly Foregin Policy. All I can say is that because of Barack Obama, Osama Bin Ladin is dead and General Motors is alive!!!

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nashville:

Obama does not need FL to win. He can even win without FL, VA and OH. But Romney has to win at least two of the three. I honestly do not see how Romney will win this one. He has a chance of winning the popular votes (although I think not) but I just cant see how he will win the electoral college. Even Fox news isn't as optimistic. I predict a 290 - 248 win for Obama.

Obama will win PA, VA, NH, CO, IA. That should be enough. He doesn't need Florida and Ohio. And forget that the polls are close. Most of those polls survey older people with land lines. A vast number of Obama voters are young people and minorities who haven't always voted so they are usually not part of the polls.

Most polls predicted a much closer race in 2008 as well but Obama won 365 - 173. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama gets 300 electoral votes
Very well said.
I was only stating that it's by no means a certainty that Florida is going Romney's way.
P.S. Personally, I've never believed in opinion polls!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Laugh all you want but Karl Rove is a proven political consultant & strategist.

He got Bush elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004, not to mention the 1994 and 1998 Texas gubernatorial victories he engineered.

YES, Obama might come out on top but I wouldn't be too haughty if I were you AND lest we forget the "Bradley effect" is not dead so I'll take the opinion polls with a pinch of salt.

What Bradley effect? Obama is an incumbent not some unknow black dude seeking a first time. Over 60 million people voted him in the last election and won by 365 - 173 electoral votes and you are talking about Bradley effect? He is not a JJC, he is the incumbent!

As for Karl Rove. His initial calculation of was 236 - 201 votes for Obama with the rest as toss-ups. So he virtually has given Romney all the battleground states for Romney to win. Isn't that too optimistic? How can Romney win all battleground states. Even Rove doesn't expect Romney to win but he has to support his party as a loyalist!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Alaanyihaji(m): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
This is the moment of decision for all Americans-
decision to choose war and rising debts in pusuit of American interest
or the tool of constructive engagement,diplomacy and decisive actions
in pursuit of the same. To choose between consistency or
flip-flop approach to actions required to revive the domestic economy.
Decision to choose between a person who change positions on issues by the dictates of
public opinion or a person tested and have delivered on avered promise:
-to reverse the trend of ditching economy comparable to the great depression.
-to end the war in Iraq that gulped countless amounts in American human and material
resources.
-to institute a tax regime that gave a good relief to the less privileged, low income and middleclass Americans.
-Revive collapsing institutions through decisive bail outs that saved lots of jobs and motgages.
-to smoke out and bring to justice the terrorist that brought great calamity on Americans
on the September11 2011, without a loss of a single American life.
Hence, we can confidently say that the choice of today is that between
-GRADUAL BUT STEADY PROGRESS IN DOMESTIC ECONONY AND RELAPSING TO
RETROGRESSION TO DEPRESSION THROUGH POLICIES WITH FIGURES THAT DON'T ADD UP.
- CONSISTENCY DRIVEN BY HARD WORK AS DEMONSTRARED IN HURRICANE SANDY AND STAGE SHOW.
- AND CHOICE BETWEEN CONTRUCTIVE ENGAGEMENT,CALCULATED DECISIVE ACTIONS AND IMPULSIVE WAR
NO MATTER HOW CLOSE THIS PRESIDENT WILL GET A DESERVED SECOND TERM IN OFFICE.
As a keen follower of American history,there is nothing in this president that is a semblance of those
that American electorates denied a second term in office. Though politics is not mathematics; in
america,when you look well, you predict right, because the average American always look
beyond the emotions of the rostrum.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Jibsonified(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
سحيميظل: Remind me again why me or nigerians or any other country for that matter gives a......about the voting in the US?
Did americans follow ours in '09? I bet you, 89% of americans can't point where nigeria is on a map, just like how a guy said hers not too long ago, his co-worker taught nigeria is in brasil!?

Abeg, guy, knack your head for wall..

I see that u are doin exactly that 'knackin ur head for wall'
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by SimplySEA(m): 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
solidbroda: I wish I was born American. This Nigeria shit, I'm not proud of it at all. We have everything, we are so poor. Mindless and callous leaders who call themselves human being. Pastors, preaching Love ur neighbor as yourself, which they practice not. We have high concentration of churches and mosques, yet, things are worse!!! Churches and mosques in my area now double the houses.
Anyway, God Bless America! May Nigeria Split for the best. Our almagamation is the greatest curse.
we are poor indeed, but sincerely my Guy, i'd rather be a proud Nigerian than originates from a country where i'd constantly be looking over my shoulders in a beer parlour for a$$ blowers! Tah......!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by andico34: 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
dear nairanlanders sentinents apart lets look at facts. fo obama to win he needs a turnout that supercedes his 2008 gotv and it is not happening so far from early voting records. and he is down 7 percent from the last poll among independents. he is in trouble in colorado where 80 percent of the votes have been cast and gop is stil leading. he has a net loss of 260000 votes in ohio from 2008. and he wil not win florida and virginia. mark my words. will make my own prediction here later but it is a romney night
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
andico34: dear nairanlanders sentinents apart lets look at facts. fo obama to win he needs a turnout that supercedes his 2008 gotv and it is not happening so far from early voting records. and he is down 7 percent from the last poll among independents. he is in trouble in colorado where 80 percent of the votes have been cast and gop is stil leading. he has a net loss of 260000 votes in ohio from 2008. and he wil not win florida and virginia. mark my words. will make my own prediction here later but it is a romney night

Not sure how you work out your maths, but in 2008 Obama won by 365-173 electoral votes and won by 7% in the popular votes and you still think he needs a higher turn-out to win this time? You must be a genius!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

That election was more comical than anything. Everyone knew Obama would win. Not only because of the never-ending train wreck named Sarah Palin, but John McCain was a drama queen himself. Remember, he suspended his campaign in September 2008 to "focus on the economy". Obama calmly responded, saying that a president has to be able to multitask. Everyone knew McCain was done before the debates even commenced lol.
In his words, "the economy is about to crater"...that guy was such a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
Instead of yall arguing about who's gonna win, go and vote jor...

I voted, did you? grin grin grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by andico34: 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
@nashville. every political pundit worth his salt except nate silver agrees that obama gotv must equal or surpass his 2008 level. research this. and it is not happening in this election cycle. enthusiasm among gop supporters is generally higher than that of democrats. the effect that gave gop the victory in 2010 is still there. pls no insults bv wil prove to you why romney will be the 45th potus
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: Instead of yall arguing about who's gonna win, go and vote jor...

I voted, did you? grin grin grin grin
My poll station opened at 6.30am but I'll head over there at 12.45pm. I just hope that the queue will not be terribly long when I get there.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
ItsModella:
My poll station opened at 6.30am but I'll head over there at 12.45pm. I just hope that the queue will not be terribly long when I get there.

I was at mine at 5:47am, and no kidding, about 300 people were on the line... I said to myself, I will do this before heading to work. I stayed in line, and thank God, the line moved quickly than I thought.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by andico34: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
My prediction ON THE SWING STATES

FLORIDA ROMNEY.......EARLY VOTE GIVES DEMOCRAT ONLY A HEAD OF 167,000 VOTES AND ROMNEY IS LEADING OBAMA BY MORE THAN 5 PERCENT ON PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE ON ELECTION DAY!

OHIO ROMNEY......ROMNEY WILL CARRY THE DAY HERE BUT WITH LESS THAN 0.5 PERCENT OF THE VOTE.......GOP ENTHUSIASM EXCEEDS 2010 LEVEL

COLORADO...ROMNEY....THE EARLY VOTING HERE ALREADY SPEAKS FOR IT SELF...NO COMMENT HERE

VIRGINIA........ROMNEY WITH LESS THAN 1 PERCENT

IOWA....OBAMA

WISCONSIN.....TOO CLOSE TO CALL...BUT THE DEMOCRATS ARE LAGGING HERE AND NOT VOTING! WILL BE BACK
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
I voted by mail 3 weeks ago. I've heard that the GOP are using 'Robocalls' to give people wrong info about the voting process. Smh
my ultimate prediction is that the election will come down to both Alaska and Hawaii. grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by armyofone(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
getting nervous undecided

I don't feel like voting because i'm impatient with queue but I will. Even if it is just for women right and equal pay, here i come kiss

God bless our troops
SemperFI.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
andico34: My prediction ON THE SWING STATES

FLORIDA ROMNEY.......EARLY VOTE GIVES DEMOCRAT ONLY A HEAD OF 167,000 VOTES AND ROMNEY IS LEADING OBAMA BY MORE THAN 5 PERCENT ON PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE ON ELECTION DAY!

OHIO ROMNEY......ROMNEY WILL CARRY THE DAY HERE BUT WITH LESS THAN 0.5 PERCENT OF THE VOTE.......GOP ENTHUSIASM EXCEEDS 2010 LEVEL

COLORADO...ROMNEY....THE EARLY VOTING HERE ALREADY SPEAKS FOR IT SELF...NO COMMENT HERE

VIRGINIA........ROMNEY WITH LESS THAN 1 PERCENT

IOWA....OBAMA

WISCONSIN.....TOO CLOSE TO CALL...BUT THE DEMOCRATS ARE LAGGING HERE AND NOT VOTING! WILL BE BACK

You're beginning to sound like Mr. Rove...smh undecided undecided undecided
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by andico34: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
my brother this is not roveism but cold hard truth and facts. you can do your own research on this
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
I love California. Voting took 2.4 seconds hahahaha!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by babaowo: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: .

Why should Obama affect Nigeria? Has GEJ affected the US?
..1, They are the aclaimed world power...2, they are Nigeria's No.1 crude oil customer or collector lol.... but i wish barak to win again for black history,if obama no win 2nd time,me i dey run come back home ooo!!!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ok, according to Politico, here it is

RCP Poll Average Electoral Votes
States Obama Romney Obama Romney
Colo. 48.8% 47.3% 9 0
Fla. 48.2% 49.7% 0 29
Iowa 48.7% 46.3% 6 0
Nev. 50.2% 47.4% 6 0
N.H. 49.9% 47.9% 4 0
N.C. 46.2% 49.2% 0 15
Ohio 50.0% 47.1% 18 0
Va. 48.0% 47.7% 13 0
Wis. 50.4% 46.2% 10 0
Swing-State Votes 66 44
Leaning/Likely State Votes 237 191
Total Overall Votes 303 235

Other than FL where Romney is leading by 1.5%, and N.C. by 3.0%, Obama is pretty much leading by the average results. I'm not good at prediction, anyway, as the evening draws near, we shall see where each candidate stand.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: I love California. Voting took 2.4 seconds hahahaha!

Haha, you lie... grin grin grin grin

2.4seconds?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: Haha, you lie... grin grin grin grin

2.4seconds?

I dropped my ballot in the box, grabbed my sticker, and left lol.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by poweredcom(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
solidbroda: I wish I was born American. This Nigeria shit, I'm not proud of it at all. We have everything, we are so poor. Mindless and callous leaders who call themselves human being. Pastors, preaching Love ur neighbor as yourself, which they practice not. We have high concentration of churches and mosques, yet, things are worse!!! Churches and mosques in my area now double the houses.
Anyway, God Bless America! May Nigeria Split for the best. Our almagamation is the greatest curse.

Thanks bro the same mind we have Nigeria is a mistake created by that mumu lord lugard -- as for obama romney well anybody like make dem win it won't affect me anyhow here
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

I dropped my ballot in the box, grabbed my sticker, and left lol.

Oh, I see, well we weren't given that option.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by andico34: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
the results of the election for the first village to vote in new hampshire are out! and it is an indication of what will happen tonight. non minority democrat voters are staying home! in 2008 obama won this place with 23 votes mc cain 9 votes. this year election after several people left the village the likely voters stayed at 16 democrats and 6 gop. what happened today? the tally was 5 obama 5 romney. 10 likely democratic voters stayed home!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: Oh, I see, well we weren't given that option.

I figured. It's such a breeze.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Elueme: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
For sure, am gonna avoid what happened in 2008; not sleeping a whole night because I was monitoring the counting and the college votes. I still remembered Obama unofficially being declared winner( around past 4 or 5 a.m local time )during the counting of California vote which had about 50 college vote( can't be too sure now).. I was Obama's biggest fan in Nigeria by self assessment because I needed a change in the world order. I just wanted history to be made that a black man could become president of the United States. I was passionate about the prophecy and vision of the Martin Luther's.. I remember NEPA taking light around 3a.m , how I sneaked in the dark to a neighbor with transistor radio so I could be getting correspondence from voice of America and BBC. But, the truth be said, after the euphoria of a black skinned man ( who has a white mentality) winning the election, has there been any other benefit to an African Negro like me with Obama presidency? The policy has not been fairer to Africa if I am asked. Bush had programs and policy for Africa though he was a disaster by himself. In a nutshell, let the will of God be done in America as they decide.. Though as a black man, I would have still loved Obama to win, maybe this time, luck could shine on us, lol, but am not gonna lose my sleep, not anymore!!!!

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ParisLove2(f): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
So who's wining?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life:

Haha, you lie... grin grin grin grin

2.4seconds?
Mine didn't take long either. I decided to go to the poll station immediately after my class. I met two people voting when I got there. I figured many people must have voted early this morning.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
ItsModella:
Mine didn't take long either. I decided to go to the poll station immediately after my class. I met two people voting when I got there. I figured many people must have voted early this morning.

I waited for about 45mins to vote. A lot of working folks came early morning and besides ours had 9 items on the ballot - President/VP, Senate, Rep, and 6 other legislative measures. It took me abt 3mins though but I waited for a min.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: I was listening to Sean Hannity on my way home from school, where he was discussing the election with fellow "genius" Karl Rove. I nearly died laughing. One would not believe those wackos were following this very election. They were so calm and Rove bet that Romney would escape as the victor. He went as far as saying that Romney would win Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, AND Colorado. So laughable. If Romney wins all of those, then I will move to Kaduna. Also, they're really hoping that the storm affects tomorrow's outcome in the northeast, as that is democratic territory. Smh in disgust.

I watch Fox regularly and I see the way they deceive themselves. You cant but just shake your head

For Hannity, O Reilly and their new friends John Sununu, Ann Culter and Karl Rove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

SA Parliament Zoom Meeting Hacked With Porn Images, Racial Abuse / A Soldier's Face Before And After 4 Years Of War, 1941 - 1945(Pics) / Women Fight In Salon Over Politician In Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.