Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,036 members, 7,956,837 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (97446 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Obama won NH
Poll will close by 8. It is only 4 electoral votes coming from that state!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2012
Nashville:

Obama will win Virginia confirmed! He does not even need Florida. He will win Ohio as well and it will be over at 11pm ET just like four years ago. No states have been called for any candidates yet so please stop posting false info.

Tell me what gave u the impression?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: Obama still edges

Ronald Reagan vs. Jimmy Carter Part 2!! grin

I'm not a Romney supporter, however, I think he's going to win..
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Tell me what gave u the impression?

All exit polls show he is winning both and your can check the odds as well if you like betting. It's 20 mins before close in Virginia so lets wait and see. It's NOT going to be a long night just like 2008!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 07, 2012
Katsumoto:
And Romney is the saviour of African Americans

Nah, at least they would know what to expect, and critique him..

With Obama in the white house, AAs have not been able to speak with one voice about their plights... And Obama has refused to talk about them...
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:39am On Nov 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Source please? I am on CNN, Fox News, nothing like that

msnbc,democracy plaza NY confirmed.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2012
Nashville:

Obama will win Virginia confirmed! He does not even need Florida. He will win Ohio as well and it will be over at 11pm ET just like four years ago. No states have been called for any candidates yet so please stop posting false info.
Let's hope so,dude. Just my correlation!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by bouncino(m): 12:40am On Nov 07, 2012
These results, KY and IN, have not been officially called. Only less than 5% as been called
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: Poll will close by 8. It is only 4 electoral votes coming from that state!

I know it's four but that four is strategic because NH is technically a swing state.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Katsumoto: 12:41am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

With Obama in the white house, AAs have not been able to speak with one voice about their plights... And Obama has refused to talk about them...

Obama is the president of the US and not just AAs. AAs have been neglected for years and AAs haven't helped matters as well. Obama was never going to change their plight in 4 years.

What do you suggest Obama should have done that he didn't?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:42am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

Oh Really?? so does that mean Detroit is predominantly white then , since you said he hasn't really done anything for AA's
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 07, 2012
CNN

Some info on early exit polls from Florida:

67% of today's voters are White, 16% are Hispanic, 13% are Black and 1% are Asian.

Forty-nine percent of today's Florida voters say President Obama would better handle Medicare while 47% say Romney.

Twenty percent of Florida's voters --one in five-- waited until late in the campaign to decide which presidential candidate to support, while 78% say they made up their minds before October 20th.

Romney should win Florida with ease...
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2012
Katsumoto:

Obama is the president of the US and not just AAs. AAs have been neglected for years and AAs haven't helped matters as well. Obama was never going to change their plight in 4 years.

Obama is both black and white(white mother and a black father). I hate when it boils down to race or skin color.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

Obama is the President of America and not African Americans. He cannot be seen to be fighting the cause of African Americans against all other races. And remember they constitute 13% of the electoral so he has to be very careful! The US is not 9ja where we will say "it is turn of South South to enjoy since our son is there now"
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by GeJ79: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Second result: Romney wins Indiana
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: Obama is both black and white(white mother and a black father). I hate when it boils down to race or skin color.
That's my thought exactly. He is not even black enough
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 07, 2012
Katsumoto:

I know - however, white people already have the upper-hand in the scheme of things, and every policy would definitely benefit them more than the minorities... Obama should have at least tried to implement a couple of minority-oriented policies directed towards AAs..

He talked about immigration(Hispanics) - he should have at least done something about the war-on-drugs and the prison system to solve the problems of disproportionate imprisonment of young black males....
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2012
No state has been declared anyway. Both Romney is leading in the aforementioned states of IN and KY
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Oh Really?? so does that mean Detroit is predominantly white then , since you said he hasn't really done anything for AA's

Detroit is still the same - and Indiana has turned to the new Detroit...

GM is about to go bankrupt again..
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by GeJ79: 12:48am On Nov 07, 2012
Second result: Romney wins Indiana
SOURCE.......CNN
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2012
Nashville:
Obama is the President of America and not African Americans. He cannot be seen to be fighting the cause of African Americans against all other races. And remember they constitute 13% of the electoral so he has to be very careful! The US is not 9ja where we will say "it is turn of South South to enjoy since our son is there now"

Come on they voted for him en masse in 2008, yet he's allergic to talking about them - it's sad!!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2012
Romney carries Indiana and Kentucky....2 redneck states, so nothing new here!

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2012
GeJ79: Second result: Romney wins Indiana
SOURCE.......CNN

He is yet to win. Romney is leading based on available results. No state has been declared.
Of course, I am for Romney all the way
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: Obama is both black and white(white mother and a black father). I hate when it boils down to race or skin color.

America is the home of "one-drop" rule - Obama is as black Kevin Garnett, stop that shyte! grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2012
DO U THINK OBAMA WILL WIN THIS ELECTION TODAY?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:51am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

So what, if GM is going bankrupt. At least he tried to save it, and Chrysler would not have had a fighting chance if not for him. And you keep talking about how he could have done more, Is he a dictator?? Only dictators can pass the law that they want to pass, and do as they wish. Its called checks and balances.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: DO U THINK OBAMA WILL WIN THIS ELECTION TODAY?

No, I don't
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

Do we think Romney can move the country forward?! My take on this election is that Obama tried his best which wasn't good enough - so, he should be given the second chance. I also blame the GOP on failure to cooperation by them on bipartisanship!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Katsumoto: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2012

I am sorry but I don't see the connection of your post to mine.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

No, I don't

WHY?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx:

Come on they voted for him en masse in 2008, yet he's allergic to talking about them - it's sad!!

The issue of African Americans should be a separate thread we cannot discuss at the moment. I do not see what more Obama could have done. Who were they people you think Romney was referring to as the 47%? Don't you think African Americans and Hispanics. Obama don try abeg, he cannot focus only on 13% of the electorate and abandon 87%, he can never get re-elected that way.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 07, 2012
Damn I really wish we in d UK could vote. Britain gets dragged into every American war hence I feel we should have a stake in who becomes president!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (90) (Reply)

13 Thailand Boys Trapped In The Cave Are Finally Rescued After 18Days(Photos) / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / It Rained Fish In Thailand. Must See. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.