Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,859 members, 7,956,239 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (97445 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by lovetterrison(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: I was listening to Sean Hannity on my way home from school, where he was discussing the election with fellow "genius" Karl Rove. I nearly died laughing. One would not believe those wackos were following this very election. They were so calm and Rove bet that Romney would escape as the victor. He went as far as saying that Romney would win Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, AND Colorado. So laughable. If Romney wins all of those, then I will move to Kaduna. Also, they're really hoping that the storm affects tomorrow's outcome in the northeast, as that is democratic territory. Smh in disgust.
,,you funnie die ,i nearly break my lappy now now. kaduna bad like dat ne

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by lovetterrison(m): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2012
chinese too like copycopy like igbo dem ..can you imagine dem ma dey change presido same time
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

Lmao I dey your back. It comes down to Ohio. I have family out there and have instructed them wella cool

Lol. My fear is long lines. Their voting procedures are comparable to that of 1980. Imagine that for early voting, there was only one polling place per COUNTY. I couldn't figure out why their lines were miles long, until CNN elaborated. That's nonsense.
That's not gon' be a problem. The will is so strong that even having to line up for spells is not gon' break it. Lol
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: LOL... Abeg deal with it... There are new voter laws in some of these key states. They try to frustrate Obama, but we shall overcome grin grin grin

My poll station is like 4mins drive, and I'm leaving at 5:30am exactly to be there ahead of time. My station opens as 6am, the sooner I vote, the sooner I can vote, the better. grin grin grin

I am hearing horror stories from Ohio and Florida. Those two places, I don't trust their votes at all. We must overcome, must!

Won't you be cold? Lol. Our stations open at 7am. It's walking distance but I'll drive and head to class from there. Hopefully there's no line. A lot of people vote by mail. Where are you? I'm in Cali.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Rick9(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2012
Price of Gaaaa_rrrr_iiiiiii. On my mind. Wetin concern me with Us election.

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by oubi: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2012
12 inches!:
Well it's wat it is. The U.S media. But I bliv Nigerians shud be more concerned about local and national politics and policies than whether obama is president or not. Anyway what we have in Nigeria as election is a sham. Time to see how it's done in saner climes.

Dis is wht Ʊ get whn u live only In ūя̲̅ own local world.

To Ʊ, dis is d only election conducted right by d americans.. SMH
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2012
nitlad: That's not gon' be a problem. The will is so strong that even having to line up for spells is not gon' break it. Lol

I hope so. My fingers are crossed lol. I can't wait for Wednesday. Anxiety has been killing me for too long.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

I am hearing horror stories from Ohio and Florida. Those two places, I don't trust their votes at all. We must overcome, must!

Won't you be cold? Lol. Our stations open at 7am. It's walking distance but I'll drive and head to class from there. Hopefully there's no line. A lot of people vote by mail. Where are you? I'm in Cali.

FL has ALWAYS been a republican state, they tried to change their voter laws, thanks to the Federal courts halting them. My station opens at 6am. I'm in battleground Virginia, grin grin grin... Ah, cold is nothing compared to the difference I'll make. BTW, that's why I have my super thick sweater and jacket... grin grin grin We're used to the cold, so cold is no problem as long as it's not in the 20's
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ammyluv2002(f): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2012
Rick9: Price of Gaaaa_rrrr_iiiiiii. On my mind. Wetin concern me with Us election.
I tire for the whole thing o! We too like to always dey involved for white man life even when they don't even give a f**k about us. Some Nigerians don't even know which state that conducted elections recently not to talk of knowing the names of the candiates but they sabi US candiates own, they know the date and even Campaign for the candiate of their choice and I start to wonder if Nigerians are allowed to vote....*smh* I know US is important to the world economy but there other countries too(VETO POWERS) so let's just stop making this mumu noise and start thinking of moving Nigeria forward. @ poster, I'm sure u are a chelsea fan because na una like noise too much....lol

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: FL has ALWAYS been a republican state, they tried to change their voter laws, thanks to the Federal courts halting them. My station opens at 6am. I'm in battleground Virginia, grin grin grin... Ah, cold is nothing compared to the difference I'll make. BTW, that's why I have my super thick sweater and jacket... grin grin grin We're used to the cold, so cold is no problem as long as it's not in the 20's

Ehn. Our cold is 40s, 50s if you're in LA lol. Hmm, you battleground states and the undecided folks get all the attention. It's not fair. In fact, it's discrimination lol. I don't think Obama ever rallied here. He visits from time to time, but you'll never catch him blitzing the way he did in Ohio and both the Virginias lol. He sent Bill Clinton here instead lol, which was cool to see and hear anyway.

Florida is a republican state, but Obama won it in 2008. I was hoping Paul Ryan's Medicare nonsense would lean those seniors our way, and that Romney's self-deportation notion would push Latinos to Obama. I haven't checked Florida polls based on demographics, but I'm assuming Obama isn't getting enough of them to keep the state in his favor. It's amazing how Florida has switched to Romney since the first debate. Fickle people lol.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by manny4life(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

Ehn. Our cold is 40s, 50s if you're in LA lol. Hmm, you battleground states and the undecided folks get all the attention. It's not fair. In fact, it's discrimination lol. I don't think Obama ever rallied here. He visits from time to time, but you'll never catch him blitzing the way he did in Ohio and both the Virginias lol. He sent Bill Clinton here instead lol, which was cool to see and hear anyway.

Florida is a republican state, but Obama won it in 2008. I was hoping Paul Ryan's Medicare nonsense would lean those seniors our way, and that Romney's self-deportation notion would push Latinos to Obama. I haven't checked Florida polls based on demographics, but I'm assuming Obama isn't getting enough of them to keep the state in his favor. It's amazing how Florida has switched to Romney since the first debate. Fickle people lol.

I know, battleground states get ALL the attention...lol, sorry o. Virginians are not push-overs, I can state very highly that Obama WILL WIN VA.

As for FL, the points you mentioned are key deciding factors - Medicare, Immigration, etc. To make it better, Obama signed into law about two months ago, a law allowing children of immigrants access to work et all. Believe it, that worked big time in Obama's favor - even Romney endorsed the plan... Need I say more about Obamacare- the court sided with Obama, haha. As u can see, FL will be tight BUT we keep our fingers crossed
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ceejayluv(m): 9:58am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by chyseth(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2012
congratz...

you have not replied my tweet. lol

ogugua88: Oops. I've been posting in the other thread. Let me move my comment here lol...

It'll be awfully close, but I see my president being re-elected for a second term. I hope I'm not wrong. Americans can be very fickle. I don't see how someone could vote for Romney, who has given several different answers for main issues. I truly don't know how a Romney presidency will be, and I've been attentive to everything he has said, not just now but since 2007.

I was dropped from my parents' health insurance in 2009 or so. I couldn't go to the dentist, optometrist, or any other physician. The Affordable Care Act was signed, and I have been reinstated to my parents' insurance until 2014. Also, I saw an increase in my tax return (even though I worked fewer hours in 2011) as I'm a working student. I used that money for school fees and transportation. I'm sure I sound like a political advertisement, but it's the truth. Not only am I very grateful, but I'm better off now than I was four years ago. He has my support.

My t-shirt finally arrived lol. The hurricane delayed its shipment.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Ezeufi: 10:02am On Nov 06, 2012
lakad4u: WTF..does dis affect the price of bush meat in the town,wefin cosine me wf us election,if you don finish ahm,just tell me make I travel come and flex for your country..

It affects the timeline to world war. The first truely world war.

An Obama win will see the war delayed for at least 4 years. If Romney wins then the war is here within the next 12 months. Do you now see the relevance? If not yet then you need a malaria tablet.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2012
سحيميظل: Remind me again why me or nigerians or any other country for that matter gives a......about the voting in the US?
Did americans follow ours in '09? I bet you, 89% of americans can't point where nigeria is on a map, just like how a guy said hers not too long ago, his co-worker taught nigeria is in brasil!?

Abeg, guy, knack your head for wall..

I can bet my sunny nut that america has had more influence in your life than nigeria, you may not want to believe it, i may not want to either.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: I wouldn't be surprised if we don't know the outcome until early Wednesday morning. Every single vote in Ohio would have to be counted before we have an idea, assuming that Obama takes Pennsylvania again and Romney takes Florida.
Don't be mistaken Missy.
Darn! Why do folks think Florida will go GOP?!
Well FYI, Florida is not up for grabs. Its stamped Obama! Thanks to Jacksonville that's tilting Florida Obama's way.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: I know, battleground states get ALL the attention...lol, sorry o. Virginians are not push-overs, I can state very highly that Obama WILL WIN VA.

As for FL, the points you mentioned are key deciding factors - Medicare, Immigration, etc. To make it better, Obama signed into law about two months ago, a law allowing children of immigrants access to work et all. Believe it, that worked big time in Obama's favor - even Romney endorsed the plan... Need I say more about Obamacare- the court sided with Obama, haha. As u can see, FL will be tight BUT we keep our fingers crossed

Let's hope you're right. I'm fearful of surprises tomorrow lol.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 06, 2012
nitlad: Don't be mistaken Missy.
Darn! Why do folks think Florida will go GOP?!
Well FYI, Florida is not up for grabs. Its stamped Obama! Thanks to Jacksonville that's tilting Florida Obama's way.

Romney's leading in Florida, so I'll assume he takes it for now lol. I don't even know the population or demographics of Jacksonville. Big cities tend to swing democratic though as they're usually saturated with educated folk.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2012
chyseth: congratz...

you have not replied my tweet. lol

I'm sorry. I don't think I saw it. I'll go look lol.

Off to bed... lol.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

I hope so. My fingers are crossed lol. I can't wait for Wednesday. Anxiety has been killing me for too long.
Be rest assured Missy.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by greaterlove(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2012
Woke up today so full of life, so happy that my Barack Obama will be given 4 more years at the whitehouse. we cant turn back now.

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

Romney's leading in Florida, so I'll assume he takes it for now lol. I don't even know the population or demographics of Jacksonville. Big cities tend to swing democratic though as they're usually saturated with educated folk.
Then get ready to be surprised when Florida inevitably goes Obama! Lol
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2012
nitlad: Then get ready to be surprised when Florida inevitably goes Obama! Lol

Obama does not need FL to win. He can even win without FL, VA and OH. But Romney has to win at least two of the three. I honestly do not see how Romney will win this one. He has a chance of winning the popular votes (although I think not) but I just cant see how he will win the electoral college. Even Fox news isn't as optimistic. I predict a 290 - 248 win for Obama.

Obama will win PA, VA, NH, CO, IA. That should be enough. He doesn't need Florida and Ohio. And forget that the polls are close. Most of those polls survey older people with land lines. A vast number of Obama voters are young people and minorities who haven't always voted so they are usually not part of the polls.

Most polls predicted a much closer race in 2008 as well but Obama won 365 - 173. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama gets 300 electoral votes
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by tavon(m): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2012
Obamo is overrated. He has failed to deliver in all his promises. I know that Bush left this country in a state of calamity buy Obamo promised change. Only aspect he delivered on was health care. Infact if it was a White man that bleeped up the way Obama did everyone would want his head on d chopping board. The only reason why some voters are voting for Obama mostly has to do with race not his policies.

Intact black people have come under attack for saving a vote for Romney. Why d Bleep will u call me uncle Tom cos I don't believe Obama can change the economy around.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by purplekayc(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2012
There is only one way mit romney would win this election check out this pic!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2012
We need a Republican in Mitts Romney to fix the Arab world.

I missed Bush Snr. and Jnr. For their actions against the terrorists nation.

Imagine Bush Jnr. Bowing before an Arab king or treating IRAN with kid glove,impossible. Nuclear enrichment would have been a dangerous venture for Iranian authority now.

Imagine Syrian Assad flexing muscle before world opposition, Bush Jnr.must have planted a fake terrorist in his domain and use that to bring him down.

Just like Bill Clinton with no action so is OBama and Democrats.

Team Romney
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Kx: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2012
Someone pls educate me
If all the candidates need is a 290 or so electoral votes, why should millions of voters go to the poll?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 06, 2012
"Fix The Arab World".....?...

I beg your pardon? .....who says there is one Way the entire world should be......

Should the "Arab" world help dictate and fix our corrupt drug laws that capitalize off inner city minorities and ignorance while making profit of such.

While hypocritically selling "drugs" themselves legally as a governement ....titled under the false gist of "medication"......

Is a dopee fiend's heroin not "his" medication......

So the rest of the world can dictate how the "Arab World" is governed but noone can dictate the control over our own unjust laws.

...Interesting...

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2012
see transparency.
ohhh my God when will Naija Elections be this way?
may be 2050......haba.

anyway obama will win but romney will give him a had chase.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: I was listening to Sean Hannity on my way home from school, where he was discussing the election with fellow "genius" Karl Rove. I nearly died laughing. One would not believe those wackos were following this very election. They were so calm and Rove bet that Romney would escape as the victor. He went as far as saying that Romney would win Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, AND Colorado. So laughable. If Romney wins all of those, then I will move to Kaduna. Also, they're really hoping that the storm affects tomorrow's outcome in the northeast, as that is democratic territory. Smh in disgust.

Laugh all you want but Karl Rove is a proven political consultant & strategist.

He got Bush elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004, not to mention the 1994 and 1998 Texas gubernatorial victories he engineered.

YES, Obama might come out on top but I wouldn't be too haughty if I were you AND lest we forget the "Bradley effect" is not dead so I'll take the opinion polls with a pinch of salt.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by TomTommy: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Who wins today determine what happens next, either good or bad
Vote wisely. Both parties have their flaws

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

13 Thailand Boys Trapped In The Cave Are Finally Rescued After 18Days(Photos) / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / It Rained Fish In Thailand. Must See. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.