Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (97431 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
Lamasta: And how does Obama's Victory affects my salary or bring down the price of garri in the market ehn?
Who cares about how much price your GARRI cost! We are talking about Obama not you and your silly GARRI comment

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by KayDee4: 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:
1800s? Youre are kiddin right? Even Martin Luther King Junior was a republican! The blacks only started joining the democratic party in the 90s and moved enmass because of Obama. Even the republican blacks voted Obama in the last 2 elections.

The current republican party is full of racists - fact. Even Lawrence Wilkerson, a white republican said the same some weeks ago. They constantly make hateful racial statements against blacks and other minorities. Someone like Michelle Bachmann who is very 'religious', thinks all muslims are evil and constantly spews hateful thrash about them. Whether the democrats were more racist in the past is irrelevant.

thelastPope:
My family have never had any racial issues with white Americans. Especially the evangelicals. They are the nicest people in the world. Very accomodating and loving. But guess who we have had issues of segregation with?

You right! Black Americans! They are the worst people to be around. They are the real racists. They even discriminate against their fellow blacks from Africa and you telling me what?

Abeg o, I never said black Americans are the worst people to be around.

I have never had any open race-based issues with white or black Americans but racism is still very much alive. It happens in the undertone of events around us.
Don't be deceived by the thinking that republicans are evangelicals and are therefore, angelic. They are mostly hypocrites (an anti-abortion republican congress man was recently caught persuading his pregnant girlfriend to go get an abortion), the republicans I know in person don't even go to church and they do all sorts.

thelastPope: Unchecked immigration is not a good thing. All that talk of them adding to the economy is paper talk. All through history, unchecked immigration has always brought down the nations where it happened. I will say the truth no matter how it sounds and whether it affects me or not. Most Nigerians who go to the US somewhat add to the American economy because they tend to be responsible and follow carier paths. They might not be rich but most are decent. But the latinos are to the US what the north Africans are to france. They are slowly turning America to the new Mexico and thanks to the democratic party, they will succeed. If you think social security will continue to sustain for the next 10 years, you are lying to yourself. By the end of Obama's second term, America will be in a big financial mess. Please bookmark this page so you can refer to it.

About more people contributing to the economy, its not mere 'paper talk', it is real. If you say it's false then you have to give a good reason for saying so.
Of course unchecked immigration is not a good thing but who invented that ? Not the Democrats, not the Republicans and not OBAMA, it's an American problem which they have been trying to fix, the democrats didn't open up the borders for everyone to stroll through.
From my observation and in my own opinion, Mexicans are more hard working than Nigerians here, the older ones work extremely hard doing all sorts of jobs and from whatever money they make, they ensure their children go to good schools to get a decent education. They are not 100% parasites like some paint them to be.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
Result: Heidi Heitkamp (D) is the Senator-elect in North Dakota.

With this victory, there will be 20 female Senators serving in the next US Senate.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Horus(m): 12:02am On Nov 08, 2012

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Freiburger(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2012
ogugua88:

Clinton-Bush, 1992. If anyone's wondering, that's silly red Indiana in the sea of blue lol.

Indiana has always been traditionally republican, The Obama camp spent some substancial amount of money making it blue in 2008. It might be they didn't felt the need for it this time.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ektbear: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Interesting picture:

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ektbear: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by preselect(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
I don laugh tire grin

Most of them old white men.

Welcome to the 21st century. America is multicultural and the GOP has to adapt. Or get irrelevant tongue

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by preselect(m): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
and this is for mitt . . . tongue

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ektbear: 12:48am On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 09, 2012
89 Pages.....
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2012
@ royal: this should be a record number of pages and views for a political event on nairaland. (over 40 000 views!!)

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by igbo2011(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Will they bring hell to Africa, or has Africa already been hellish even before they were born?

Most of Africa was relatively peaceful before Europeans came. Yes there were some battles for pre colonial Africa was very civilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJCJZNAAXJc
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Horus(m): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2012

A sand sculpture congratulating U.S. president Barack Obama for a second term in office in Puri, India, Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012.

Sarah Obama, step-grandmother of President Barack Obama, waves her walking cane towards supporters in celebration before speaking to the media about her reaction to Obama's re-election in the U.S. presidential election in the garden of her house in the village of Kogelo, western Kenya, Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012.

A Kenyan supporter of U.S. President Barack Obama cheers as he watches a broadcast showing that Obama has won the U.S. presidential election for a second term, Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012.

A shop assistant watches US President Barack Obama speaking on TV screen in Moscow TV shop, Russia, Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by chichiman: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2012

chic2pimp: The Girls are slowly but surely developing into very pretty Young Adults

TWO CUTE NIGERIAN GUYS MUST BRING THEM HOME TO NAIJA,PLEASE, AND THEY'LL BE THE GREATEST ACHIEVERS IN THIS WORLD. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 13, 2012
Election Update: Krysten Sinema (D- Arizona) will be the first openly bisexual member of the US Congress.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 13, 2012
The US is making progress cool
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 13, 2012
sambos994:

Oi....don't they have a lot coal? Or is that West Virginia.

i know im late but...
wth?

grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by petnkool: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
petnkool:
Why he no go win ?? See as masonic rings dey come in from all angles . Anyway , A country may struggle with a good judgment of deciding . A man may have his chance more than once, but something can be guaranteed, empty skinny hands and more family stories. #TeamRepublican
yes mehn

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply)

13 Thailand Boys Trapped In The Cave Are Finally Rescued After 18Days(Photos) / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / It Rained Fish In Thailand. Must See. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.