Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,054 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (97420 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ektbear: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
igbo2011: I don't like either. I like Jill Stein but too bad she won't win. Just two imperialists. Africans need to be aware that both of these men will bring hell to Africa.

Will they bring hell to Africa, or has Africa already been hellish even before they were born?

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Olaone1: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
Present
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by TableLeg(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88: Finally I'm home from school. I didn't sleep last night at all and I don't see myself sleeping tonight.

I've been decked out in my gear all day! I got my "I Voted" sticker before school too lol. Fired up!

Well done
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Umm now what??
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by chic2pimp(m): 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Our friendship is currently terminated until after the election angry

Meet Me in my Bedroom after Romney becomes the 45TH US PRESIDENT.

Nah u I go take celebrate tongue

*Ileke-IdI:

I dont think so. My school has been agitating (A population of 55-56000 students alone) for Obama. About 250 faculties and staffs have donated money to the Obama committee on campus. Obama committee helped with transportation to voting events. etc.

Miami is predominately a blue zone.

I believe in Florida to give Obama a second chance.
Don't kid yourself.
Y'all can donate as much as u like. The Fact remains all your efforts will not come fruition.
The Exits polls are currently predicting a Mitt Romney victory by the slimmest of margins.

#TEAM ROMNEY~#
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ceejayluv(m): 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
20 Celebrities Endorsing Obama Or
Romney On Social Media

www.nairaland.com/1095618/20-celebrities-endorsing-obama-romney
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by soma042(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
oby all the way
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by StarFlux: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Don't worry, Obama will win.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
What do you expect from Nairalanders? Obama ll win. grin grin grin grin Laughable.

Obama will rule for four more years in Chicago as we welcome President Romney in white house.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by armyofone(m): 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
finally i voted. phew! 3 hours of standing, Jesus H. Christ!!! shocked

Looking for food and Singing We don't need another herooooooooo by Tina Turner.

OUT OF THE RUINS
OUT FROM THE WRECKAGE
CAN`T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THIS TIME
WE ARE THE CHILDREN
THE LAST GENERATION
WE ARE THE ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND
AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE
LIVING UNDER THE FEAR, TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS

WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO
WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME
ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND
THUNDERDOME

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING
WE CAN RELY ON
THERE`S GOTTA BE SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE
LOVE AND COMPASSION
THEIR DAY IS COMING
ALL ELSE ARE CASTLES BUILT IN THE AIR
AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE
LIVING UNDER THE FEAR TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS

ALL THE CHILDREN SAY
THUNDERDOME

SO WHAT DO WE DO WITH OUR LIFES
WE LEAVE ONLY A MARK
WILL OUR STORY SHINE LIKE A LIGHT
OR END IN THE DARK
GIVE IT ALL OR NOTHING

THUNDERDOME

Added We don't need Mr. Romney grin

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Prof Corruption: What do you expect from Nairalanders? Obama ll win. grin grin grin grin Laughable.

Obama will rule for four more years in Chicago as we welcome President Romney in white house.

^^^ Boy would you be disappointed come tomorrow morning! grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: ^^^ Boy would you be disappointed come tomorrow morning! grin grin

Romney is good for Africa

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Give me Florida and Ohio, that guy is back in Chicago. Team Romney babe! grin grin grin

If Mr Romney is to win that vote, as distinct from the popular one, he needs somehow to get from 191 to 270. That is not quite as daunting as it sounds. In Florida he has consistently led the polls since immediately after the first presidential debate, on October 3rd, in which the president performed so badly. More to the point, all the signs are that the president has given up on the state, investing neither time nor much money there. Florida suffered worse than almost any other state in the recession, and the recovery has been particularly weak.

So it is not unreasonable to assume that Florida, with its 29 votes, as well as North Carolina, with its 15, now sit in the Republican camp. (Similarly, Pennsylvania, with 20, though ever on the Republican wishlist, does not seem minded to move out of the Democratic camp this time round, although it too remains a close race.)

Add Florida and North Carolina to the 191 solid Romney votes, and he has 235. To win, another 35 votes are still needed. Where might he get them? Two obvious possibilities lie thousands of miles apart, in Colorado, in the mountain West, and in Virginia, the other remarkable upset that Mr Obama pulled off in 2008 by winning a state that the Republicans had held since 1968. At the moment both states are in a tie, according to RCP’s rolling average. Mr Romney had a wildly successful rally in liberal Denver last week, though, suggesting that he might in fact take Colorado. Virginia is still anyone’s guess.

But even if Mr Romney adds Colorado (nine votes) and Virginia (13 votes) to his probable haul, he still ends up with only 257—a tantalising 13 votes short. Nevada (six votes) is, we think, out of reach for him; too many Latinos vote there. New Hampshire (four votes) and Iowa (six votes) are too small to help much, and Mr Romney is trailing in both (though in Iowa he has a chance: all four of the state’s main newspapers have endorsed him).

Which brings us, as with all recent elections, to the Midwest. If Mr Romney could secure Ohio, with its 18 votes, he would have the election in the bag. But his momentum there may have stalled, leaving him a couple of points shy of victory. Both contenders have spent more time there than anywhere else: neither seems to have acquired any momentum.

Mr Romney does have a couple of other Midwestern options. He could win in Wisconsin, the home of his running-mate, Paul Ryan. The polls have been shifting in his favour since the first debate; but he is still trailing by a couple of points. And Wisconsin carries only ten votes, so he would still need to pick up one other state. Either Iowa or New Hampshire would do it: if it were New Hampshire, he would win the Electoral College by a breathless 271-267.

There is, however, a last possibility, if only a long shot. This week’s most intriguing news is that Michigan (Mr Romney’s native state, but long thought to be solidly Democratic) is also on the move. A poll in the Detroit News had Mr Obama’s lead, despite the car industry bail-out, down to just 2.7% from 6.7% a month ago. If Michigan is really in play, November 6th will be a very long night.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21565672-over-past-two-months-we-have-looked-most-important-battlefield-states-where
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
ekt_bear:

Will they bring hell to Africa, or has Africa already been hellish even before they were born?

They're not going to bring anything to Africa is the point. Which is okay anyway. China is here already wink

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Romney is good for Africa

Umm you don't speak for the whole of africa, let africans be the judge of it and not you.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Umm you don't speak for the whole of africa, let africans be the judge of it and not you.

Vote for Romney!

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Vote for Romney!

Already voted for obama, you're a tad bit late undecided undecided cool
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Already voted for obama, you're a tad bit late undecided undecided cool

Quite sad. cry cry cry cry
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by nitlad: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

You can't blame me sha. I remember how I was crushed in 2000. Jaw was hanging for days. I only trust my vote lol.

I'm watching MSNBC now. Martin Bashir is calming my nerves. When you start listing Romney's offenses, the sky seems a lot brighter lol.
I perfectly understand your reservations. lol
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Quite sad. cry cry cry cry

No, no, don't cry. It was a happy moment for me.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dljbd1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
Obama must win!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
dl_jbd: Obama must win!

grin grin grin grin Are you OBJ?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
I think Obama will win!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
all4naija: I think Obama will win!

Why did u said that?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Obama should nick it. But, man, this election is way too close. Both candidates were still hustling voters as of noon. Romney and team showed up in Cleveland, and Joe Biden makes a quick stop as well. All on election day.

Even voting machines are rigged to indicate Romney, anytime you select Obama. WTF?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by roymary: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
chic2pimp

Meet Me in my Bedroom after Romney becomes the 45TH US PRESIDENT.

Nah u I go take celebrate tongue

You go wannk your priick alone with tears running down your face when u see Romney waka go MA with no Trophy.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
AjanleKoko: Obama should nick it. But, man, this election is way too close. Both candidates were still hustling voters as of noon. Romney and team showed up in Cleveland, and Joe Biden makes a quick stop as well. All on election day.

Even voting machines are rigged to indicate Romney, anytime you select Obama. WTF?

That's funny!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by babaowo: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
engineerd: Obama is going to lose this election hands down!
.. u be God nii
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
Obama takes the lead in Ondo & Ogun states as a result of Egunjeism and Naija police "alertness" on duty.

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by jspac(m): 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
send obama back to kenya.
Thank you.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2012
First set of exits about to be released. Ok, let the landslide begin. Obama all the way. It will be over as a contest in an hour when VA and PA are called for Obama. And in 2 hours, OH and FL will be for Obama and team Romney can continue their generational curse of election defeats! Like father and mother, like son!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2012
I don't have problem with anyone becoming president. But I, generally, prefer a republican president in white house. Bad or Good, S/he is predictable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

13 Thailand Boys Trapped In The Cave Are Finally Rescued After 18Days(Photos) / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / It Rained Fish In Thailand. Must See. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.