Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (96171 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by babaowo: 12:04am On Nov 07, 2012
dl_jbd: Obama must win!
....yes and his winning at the moment!!!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88: Just heard that New Jersey will be counting votes until Friday, imagine.

Florida and Ohio need to catch up with the times. How can people still be waiting 3-8 hours just to vote? It's common sense to have plenty of early voting options as well as absentee voting. I have driven past several polling stations today and have seen not one single line.
I'm in Ohio and I didn't notice any of what you're talking about. On the contrary, we had early voting options as well as absentee voting and the queue wasn't long at all when I got to my polling station. Voting was a breeze.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by AjanleKoko: 12:12am On Nov 07, 2012
If Obama wins, he had better get his shyt together this time.
Else he screws the Dems for another 8 years at least.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by uzoexcel(m): 12:15am On Nov 07, 2012
berem: I hope NL front page won't be littered with the US elections today.we need news that concerns Nigeria and Nigerians.Mods take note! undecided
how far d american dv lottery wey u apply for?result never show?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 07, 2012
CNN

The first nationwide exit poll results are in, and here's some preliminary data heading into election night:

60% of voters say the economy is the most important issue facing the country, followed by 15% who said the deficit, and 17% who said healthcare.

What's the most important candidate quality? 29% said "a vision for future," 28% said "share my values," 19% said "strong leader," and 20% said "cares about people."

Who is more in touch with people like you? 52% said Obama and 44% said Romney.

Who would better handle the economy? 47% said Obama and 51% said Romney.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2012
I am enjoying this election season and lots of funny comments.

DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, 2012

Dear Red States,

We've had enough of your Neanderthal attitudes and politics and we've decided we're leaving. We in New York intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of The Enlightened States of America (E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states to pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur, coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

Red States, you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Thirty-eight percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

We're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,
Citizens of the Enlightened States of America

By Amerlok

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2012
I'm trying to cash in on the next big war - and Romney is the guy to make that happen...

Romney!! cool
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 12:19am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx: CNN

How does that affect the price of gari? grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

How does that affect the price of gari? grin

Since I'm Ijebu and you lot know we produce the best garri in Nigeria...

If Romney wins, more subsidy on Ijebu garri!!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by GeJ79: 12:21am On Nov 07, 2012
First result Romney wins Kentucky
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2012
GeJ79: First result Romney wins Kentucky

and Indiana
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by dotcomnamename: 12:23am On Nov 07, 2012

Where did u get that from? Your Source pls?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2012

Obama wins Hew Hampshire
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Ribaman(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2012
As expected! Nothing new, or exciting here!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 07, 2012
African Americans are rallying their people to go out and vote with slavery storyline... grin

Obama has done absolutely nothing for AAs, I still don't why they want him back in there... undecided
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 07, 2012
watabambam:
I'm in Ohio and I didn't notice any of what you're talking about. On the contrary, we had early voting options as well as absentee voting and the queue wasn't long at all when I got to my polling station. Voting was a breeze.

I was referring to the early voting lines they showed on CNN yesterday. According to them, there was only one polling place per county for early voting.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by UmericanGirl(f): 12:25am On Nov 07, 2012
grin grin
Kentucky Indiana
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by ayox2003: 12:25am On Nov 07, 2012
Ohio, Florida and Virginia are tough zones for Obama. I hope he wins cos those places are ground zero for the election!

Frawzey
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:26am On Nov 07, 2012
Riba_man:
As expected!

Yes, Kentucky and Indiana,(ROmney)Obama NH as usual..cnn/msnbc
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Obama wins Hew Hampshire

Don't muddle things up. Let us post what has been declared. Romney won IN and KY.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by TableLeg(m): 12:26am On Nov 07, 2012
Okoro2015: Obama takes the lead in Ondo & Ogun states as a result of Egunjeism and Naija police "alertness" on duty.
Dun/ce

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

and Indiana
Yes he took Kentucky and Indiana on a landslide!

18 electoral votes from both states
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: Yes he took Kentucky and Indiana on a landslide!

Romney 18 - Obama 0

First to 270...
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 07, 2012
I just wish Obama can take Florida and Virginia. Together they would give him 42 electoral votes + 236 already taken = 278 electoral votes. I wish he could! I repeat I wish he could!
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 07, 2012
CNN

since elections standardized in 1845, six elections on nov. 6. gop has won all six. #cnn2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:34am On Nov 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Don't muddle things up. Let us post what has been declared. Romney won IN and KY.

Obama won NH
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2012
romney lovers dn't celebrate...romney ws expected to win massively in indiana and kentucky so no surprises....exit polls indicate obama leading in new hampshire one of the key battleground states...first polls close in 22 mins
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2012
It's actually 19. KY= 8, IN=11

all4naija: Yes he took Kentucky and Indiana on a landslide!

shymexx:

Romney 18 - Obama 0

First to 270...
Obama still edges
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Obama won NH

Source please? I am on CNN, Fox News, nothing like that
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2012
all4naija: I just wish Obama can take Florida and Virginia. Together they would give him 42 electoral votes + 236 already taken = 278 electoral votes. I wish he could! I repeat I wish he could!

Obama will win Virginia confirmed! He does not even need Florida. He will win Ohio as well and it will be over at 11pm ET just like four years ago. No states have been called for any candidates yet so please stop posting false info.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Katsumoto: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2012
shymexx: African Americans are rallying their people to go out and vote with slavery storyline... grin

Obama has done absolutely nothing for AAs, I still don't why they want him back in there... undecided

And Romney is the saviour of African Americans

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (90) (Reply)

Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics) / Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) / Women Fight In Salon Over Politician In Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.