Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (24683 Views)

Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by abouzaid: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
Clemzy16: This woman is just jealous that We're growing in christ while her country is still serving idols(voodoo) at the 21st century.
ur growing in terrorism. From d niger delta to the north east.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
abouzaid: Never tell d bitter truth to a nigerian, he would reply u with insult and denial. Just allow him stew in his own mess. I know that harare use to be d most beautifull capital in africa, the university of zimbabwe was highly recognised and they have d best health system in subsaharan africa all before d western sanctions. They are gradually going back to their old glory while nigeria gets worse

Another realist - thank you, brother...

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
Let me also put this out there - their military is well trained and far better than the Nigerian army...

If you want to know more, just ask Tony Blair why he backed off from military intervention/regime change in the country, when the yanks said they won't support it... And the Russians and Chinese told the yanks to back off...

The UK is a paper tiger, take trident out of the UK, and the British Army is 3rd rate at best... Going to Zimbabwe alone would have ended up with a sound beating for the British Army...

Nigerians need to read more international news and foreign affairs - Africa is bigger than Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by 1025: 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
Clemzy16: This woman is just jealous that We're growing in christ while her country is still serving idols(voodoo) at the 21st century.

uncle, do u know the difference between growing in Christ and growing in churches? you better start reading ur Bible and stop deceiving urself. if we are growing in Christ as u imagined, how come we are still under the ruler-ship of cultists? do u think Christ lives in a dark country like us? what we have here are churches and nothing more. the day we grow in Christ, a lot of things will change here.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx: Let me also put this out there - their military is well trained and far better than the Nigerian army...

If you want to know more, just ask Tony Blair why he backed off from military intervention/regime change in the country, when the yanks said they won't support it... And the Russians and Chinese told the yanks to back off...

The UK is a paper tiger, take trident out of the UK, and the British Army is 3rd rate at best... Going to Zimbabwe alone would have ended up with a sound beating for the British Army...

Nigerians need to read more international news and foreign affairs - Africa is bigger than Nigeria...
This rubbish you wrote up here has discredited all the trash,you have been writing.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2012

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx: Let me also put this out there - their military is well trained and far better than the Nigerian army...

This rubbish you wrote up here has discredited all the trash,you have been writing.
Fake Nigerian,stop posting trash.
Some of us are actually aware of things,even if others aren't.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2012

Comrade Clemzy16,

The person who's been lying to you needs to be frog marched up the 3rd mainland bridge, while carrying a placard that reads "stop the deceit", just for good measure!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2012

Nigerians nee
d to read more international news and foreign affairs - Africa is bigger than Nigeria...

Ok hold it right there!! The Zimbabwean military better than the British Army?! The very same Zimbabwean military that WE Nigerian provided with arms and training covertly during the Rhodesian war in the 70s/80s? Now you want to compare that same military with a 1st rate army like the British Army who've been conquering nations long before Zimbaber's creation as a nation? Oh boy...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Seriously shymexx, READ AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST TRASH!! Thank you.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Horus:

The UAE is far,far beautiful and breath-taking than the USA.
Does it makes it more developed and wealthier than the USA?
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

Ok hold it right there!! The Zimbabwean military better than the British Army?! The very same Zimbabwean military that WE Nigerian provided with arms and training covertly during the Rhodesian war in the 70s/80s? Now you want to compare that same military with a 1st rate army like the British Army who've been conquering nations long before Zimbaber's creation as a nation? Oh boy...

Where did I say the Zimbabwean army is stronger than the British army? The British army right now can only defend the UK against external threats - it can't win on the offensive against a well trained army like the Zimbabwean army... That was my point!

The UK is just living in past glory and hiding behind the big brother(USA) - our army isn't what everyone thinks it's... Punching above your height don't make you strong, it just hides your deficiencies...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
solomon111: This rubbish you wrote up here has discredited all the trash,you have been writing.
Fake Nigerian,stop posting trash.
Some of us are actually aware of things,even if others aren't.

I'm proud to be a fake Nigerian, most Nigerians think I'm, anyway.. grin

As long as you don't call me a fake African, or fake black man - we're good, brother... cool

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Djmensix(m): 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
segunsd: President Robert Mugabe’s wife, Grace has blasted members of Nigerian preacher TB Joshua’s church who frequently fly out of Zimbabwe going for healing and other church meetings.

Mrs Mugabe said Zimbabweans should not waste their money visiting foreign prophets but should instead seek salvation cheaper locally.

Addressing thousands of Christians of the Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa, ZAOGA, at the Today’s Women Conference at Glamis Stadium in Harare yesterday, Grace referred to Christians who visit what she termed war-torn countries naming Nigerian and Ghana, of which it could be only TB Joshua’s country Nigeria since it is the other of the two which is war torn.

“I really don’t understand why scores of people are putting their faith on foreign preachers. They are having to raise a lot of money to visit them when in Zimbabwe we are blessed with anointed people of God who are able to do even greater things,” she said.

Grace Mugabe’s comments come at a time when scores of Zimbabweans, including Cabinet ministers, are flock¬ing to countries such as Ghana and Nigeria seeking divine intervention.

“It doesn’t matter which denomina¬tion you belong to, we are all seeking one God. Believe in our prophets and stop wasting money visiting faraway countries. In Zimbabwe we have people who, through prayer, can heal you from your sickness and restore your broken marriage.

“People have this misconception that Zimbabweans do not know how to pray. Little do they know that we have a lot of anointed people who are able to help us because they know the environ¬ment that we are operating under. A closer look at the countries which are being thronged by our people reveals that they are torn by war and hunger,” she said.

Grace Mugabe told the thousands of people who attended the last day of the conference, organised by Prophetess Eunor Guti of the Zimbabwe Assem¬blies of God, that she also seeks the help of local spiritual leaders.

“I might be Grace Mugabe of Zimbabwe, but I cannot do it all on my own,” she said to wild applause.

“I go to Amai Guti seeking guid¬ance and she prays for me. The prayers enable me to keep my family and life together. I see God’s power in her and I have come to realise that God gives you people in your life to do certain tasks that you cannot do on your own because they are anointed in that area.

“There is no point in trying to com¬pete or badmouth the anointed because theirs is a gift from God.”

Amai Mugabe added that she also believes in fasting as she seeks God.

“Prayer and fasting have sustained me and I have also learnt to ask God for wisdom every day.

“The book of James 1:5 says: ‘If any of you lack wisdom, let them ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him.’

“To know what to do require wis¬dom that comes from God,” she said.

The conference ran from November 8-10 and attracted dele¬gates from more than 182 countries. [indepthafrica]

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=61103

angry
segunsd: President Robert Mugabe’s wife, Grace has blasted members of Nigerian preacher TB Joshua’s church who frequently fly out of Zimbabwe going for healing and other church meetings.

Mrs Mugabe said Zimbabweans should not waste their money visiting foreign prophets but should instead seek salvation cheaper locally.

Addressing thousands of Christians of the Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa, ZAOGA, at the Today’s Women Conference at Glamis Stadium in Harare yesterday, Grace referred to Christians who visit what she termed war-torn countries naming Nigerian and Ghana, of which it could be only TB Joshua’s country Nigeria since it is the other of the two which is war torn.

“I really don’t understand why scores of people are putting their faith on foreign preachers. They are having to raise a lot of money to visit them when in Zimbabwe we are blessed with anointed people of God who are able to do even greater things,” she said.

Grace Mugabe’s comments come at a time when scores of Zimbabweans, including Cabinet ministers, are flock¬ing to countries such as Ghana and Nigeria seeking divine intervention.

“It doesn’t matter which denomina¬tion you belong to, we are all seeking one God. Believe in our prophets and stop wasting money visiting faraway countries. In Zimbabwe we have people who, through prayer, can heal you from your sickness and restore your broken marriage.

“People have this misconception that Zimbabweans do not know how to pray. Little do they know that we have a lot of anointed people who are able to help us because they know the environ¬ment that we are operating under. A closer look at the countries which are being thronged by our people reveals that they are torn by war and hunger,” she said.

Grace Mugabe told the thousands of people who attended the last day of the conference, organised by Prophetess Eunor Guti of the Zimbabwe Assem¬blies of God, that she also seeks the help of local spiritual leaders.

“I might be Grace Mugabe of Zimbabwe, but I cannot do it all on my own,” she said to wild applause.

“I go to Amai Guti seeking guid¬ance and she prays for me. The prayers enable me to keep my family and life together. I see God’s power in her and I have come to realise that God gives you people in your life to do certain tasks that you cannot do on your own because they are anointed in that area.

“There is no point in trying to com¬pete or badmouth the anointed because theirs is a gift from God.”

“Prayer and fasting have sustained me and I have also learnt to ask God for wisdom every day.

“The book of James 1:5 says: ‘If any of you lack wisdom, let them ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him.’

The conference ran from November 8-10 and attracted dele¬gates from more than 182 countries. [indepthafrica]

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006: Seriously shymexx, READ AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST TRASH!! Thank you.

I'm giving you facts, brother...

I'm into military as well, and I know about almost every country's military capabilities and doctrines...

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

you should know that shymmex is an anti-Nigerian pricck.
He wouldn't mind saying that somalia is better than Nigeria?
The only country in Africa with bragging rights over Nigeria is south-africa.
And it is only a matter of time before the tables are turned.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Djmensix(m): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2012

angry

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx: Time to get you Nigerians off your high horse... grin

Countries far better than Nigeria in subsaharan Africa:

- Seychelles.
- Madagascar.
- Gambia.
- Cape Verde.
- Kenya.
- New Rwanda.
- South Africa.
- Ethiopia.
- Zimbabwe.
- Botswana.
- Republic du Benin.
- Swaziland.
- Tanzania.
- Angola(the new Angola).

Thank me later! cool

If what to rank South Africa and maybe Botswana over us, all well and good. But do NOT put Africa's 2nd largest economy in the same league with drought-stricken Ethiopia, HIV-infested Swaziland, and the French dumping grounds of Benin. And don't even mention the new Angola, a country still recovering from its disastrous civil war (a war were we equally helped the MPLA win against the South-African backed UNITA) and their sit-down dictator. Even with all our flaws from endemic corruption to decaying civil infrastructures, Nigeria is waaay better than the countries you just listed. Seriously, read before you post.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

I'm proud to be a fake Nigerian, most Nigerians think I'm, anyway.. grin

As long as you don't call me a fake African, or fake black man - we're good, brother... cool
Then stop posting mis-truth,and we're good,brother...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
solomon111: you should know that shymmex is an anti-Nigerian pricck.
He wouldn't mind saying that somalia is better than Nigeria?
The only country in Africa with bragging rights over Nigeria is south-africa.
And it is only a matter of time before the tables are turned.

I'm not anti-Nigeria because Nigeria is geographical location blessed with everything...

However, I'm anti-bs and anti-medieval-Nigerian-fake-bigman-mentality - peep the difference..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

If what to rank South Africa and maybe Botswana over us, all well and good. But do NOT put Africa's 2nd largest economy in the same league with drought-stricken Ethiopia, HIV-infested Swaziland, and the French dumping grounds of Benin. And don't even mention the new Angola, a country still recovering from its disastrous civil war (a war were we equally helped the MPLA win against the South-African backed UNITA) and their sit-down dictator. Even with all our flaws from endemic corruption to decaying civil infrastructures, Nigeria is waaay better than the countries you just listed. Seriously, read before you post.
He also did not put over-population into cognizance,as that is one of the clogs in our wheel of progress.
Imagine Nigeria with the population of botswana.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

I'm giving you facts, brother...

I'm into military as well, and I know about almost every country's military capabilities and doctrines...

NO YOU ARE NOT. Else you wouldn't put the Zimbabwean army in the same league with the British Army that is leagues ahead of them technology and experience-wise. I won't even rank the more sophisticated South-Africans in the same league. Even with it's few weapons platforms, I have WAY MORE respect for the Ugandans than the Zimbabweans. So zip that talk about knowing the military cos you don't JACK!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

I'm not anti-Nigeria because Nigeria is geographical location blessed with everything...

However, I'm anti-bs and anti-medieval-Nigerian-fake-bigman-mentality - peep the difference..
Mr man,you are anti-truth.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
abouzaid: Never tell d bitter truth to a nigerian, he would reply u with insult and denial. Just allow him stew in his own mess. I know that harare use to be d most beautifull capital in africa, the university of zimbabwe was highly recognised and they have d best health system in subsaharan africa all before d western sanctions. They are gradually going back to their old glory while nigeria gets worse

Even today Harare is a beautiful city with a lot of clean gardens, green space, and yes the zimbabwean economy is recovering rapidly.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

Nigeria helped Angola win the civil war?? - Bwahahahahahaha

We all know what happened to your Head of State(Murtala Muhammed) when he spoke against the Western backed rebels in Angola - he was shot dead...

The brave Afro-Cubans fought and won the war for the Angolans, no African country has the capabilities to go against apartheid SA and destroy them the way the Afro-Cubans did...

Nigeria is a 10th rate country - deal with it, brother...

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
Horus:

How come you only post pics of Harare, a city who btw was built by the whites not the current Zimbabweans running the show there? And while you're at it, why don't you post pics of our commercial capital LAGOS, and Abuja, and Calabar, and co. You know, just for comparison.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by solomon111(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Horus:

Even today Harare is a beautiful city with a lot of clean gardens, green space, and yes the zimbabwean economy is recovering rapidly.
you haven't answered my question.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

I can see that you are misinformed about Angola, the Angolan economy recoverd rapidly after the war; in fact it was one of the fastest economic recovery never witnessed after a war. Do your research.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:
NO YOU ARE NOT. Else you wouldn't put the Zimbabwean army in the same league with the British Army that is leagues ahead of them technology and experience-wise. I won't even rank the more sophisticated South-Africans in the same league. Even with it's few weapons platforms, I have WAY MORE respect for the Ugandans than the Zimbabweans. So zip that talk about knowing the military cos you don't JACK!

Where in my post did I put them in the same league? - can you read at all?

I said intervention would have resulted in a sound beating for the British army - and that's because the British army don't have the capabilities to win against a well trained and equipped army like Zimbabwean army in Zimbabwe... Intervention against the poorly trained and ill equipped Nigerian army would be a walk in the park - however, Zimbabwe is a different ball game entirely...

And the British army doctrine right now, is more about protecting the UK against external threats- the UK can't fight outside the UK against countries like: Zimbabwe, Iran, South Africa, Algeria etc... These countries have well trained armed forces..

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by coogar: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Where did I say the Zimbabwean army is stronger than the British army? The British army right now can only defend the UK against external threats - it can't win on the offensive against a well trained army like the Zimbabwean army... That was my point!

The UK is just living in past glory and hiding behind the big brother(USA) - our army isn't what everyone thinks it's... Punching above your height don't make you strong, it just hides your deficiencies...

shymmex?
the british army would destroy every african state if there were to be a war....what are you talking about? nigerian mobile police unit would destroy the zimbabwean army.....nigeria have the best army in the whole of africa.....don't mess with naija army o!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

How come you only post pics of Harare, a city who btw was built by the whites not the current Zimbabweans running the show there? And while you're at it, why don't you post pics of our commercial capital LAGOS, and Abuja, and Calabar, and co. You know, just for comparison.

I am not here to do a comparison, I post the pictures just because some Nairalanders here believe that Zimbabweans live in trees.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
I no blame her rather I know the people to blame and hold resposible for what this woman said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obi's Budget In 2009 For Governor's Office Was Higher That Health And Education / Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.