Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (21145 Views)

Poll: Yes or no?

Yes: 75% (78 votes)
No: 25% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2008
[/color]loads of banging and in an english woman
[color=Black]
would u care to clarify your point dee02?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2008
yvskc (you should have taken a simple name like Ngozi or Nneka smiley)

The mere fact that when you look around you,you see hundreds and hundreds of failed marriages of people that spoke the same language and even rode the same double decker buses growing up shows you that true love in marriage has absolutely nothing to do with being of the same tribe or race.

Don't waste your time in the "what ifs" the list is endless.
Enjoy your marriage.
He knew you couldn't speak Igbo or cook ofe nsala when he married you
I have an uncle here in the States married to an African American for over 25 years now and they are one of the happiest couples I know and I'm yet to hear her say "Ndewo or nno"
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2008
faketan:

ndu mmiri, ndu azu

I never hear this one o
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2008
babyo ty for the comment. yvskc are the initials of my children grin
my husband calls me onyinyechi as he says that means more to him than my english name cool
true say what if can mess with your head
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2008
you have 5 kids?
bless you dear.
The man ain't going nowhere then.
You already have him on lockdown ROFL
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 11:39pm On Feb 09, 2008
lol that's true grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2008
I love this thread.
Many times on nairaland there's this bashing of Igbo men.
There are many women of all colors and creed married to lovely Igbo men and I'm one of them.
I love me my Igbo men
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by spoilt(f): 12:04am On Feb 10, 2008
@ original poster
you are worried because you dont speak his mother tongue? relax! you've come this far without speaking igbo.

@ 4him
you're right . leilah is not married to an igbo man

@ Leilah if you state that you know many nigerian men who treat their wives like shit one more time, i'll scream.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 10, 2008
Leila's brute needs to stripped naked and flogged in Ogbete market.
She picked the worst of them all.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by TheSly: 4:05am On Feb 10, 2008
Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife?

[size=15pt]YES[/size] cool
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 9:54am On Feb 10, 2008
That's how I'm unlike you too, I may be 'English' but I am a (mixed race) black woman.
Almondjoy my man can cook! He tells me that if we were at home his mother would flog him for cooking for me all the time,and that she would want me to cook all his meals. I cook too,but my husband only EVER wants to eat naija food.I can cook some but not as well as him, and the Jamaican food I cook well,he does eat it but not all the time.He is a real back home boy!

that you are mixed dose not make you better than white Leilah. you cannot speak the language and you cannot cook the food.
were is your village?

Leilah if you state that you know many nigerian men who treat their wives like shit one more time, i'll scream

i know many nigerian men who treat their wives like shit

Leila's brute needs to stripped naked and flogged in Ogbete market.
She picked the worst of them all.

so now its her fault

happyness is in the eye of the beholder all that talk of my king and my queen after five kids sounds like new wedds or brainwashing.all all your kids for the same man.?
there is somethg funny about this story.
you mean after 5 kids (min 5 years) you still cannot cook.
you are still worried that he will stay.
you have not spoken to his mum?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:26am On Feb 10, 2008
@ mamaput,

I noticed from your write up that you are quite troubled, you need to start asking the right questions.

@ yvskc,

You 've got a good head on your shoulder, you sound pretty much unlike an average western woman, am impressed. the fact that you don't understand the language don't mean nothing, am talking from experience, watch out for mamaput, the next thing she would tell you might probably be about feminism.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by EastnEuSis(f): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2008
mamaput:

all all your kids for the same man.?

This is veeeery painful to you, innit?

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by egoldman(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2008
To the poster , from the way u described your marriage , i do not think you should worry about anything .
off topic ; Babyosisi laughter is about to kill me cos of the picture in your profile ooooh grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2008
NINETOFIVE:

@ mamaput,

I noticed from your write up that you are quite troubled, you need to start asking the right questions.

@ yvskc,

You 've got a good head on your shoulder, you sound pretty much unlike an average western woman, am impressed. the fact that you don't understand the language don't mean nothing, am talking from experience, watch out for mamaput, the next thing she would tell you might probably be about feminism.

yes am troubled. a woman with five kids i assume is married for like 10 years.
then why should she be asking the stupid question she is asking.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2008
EastnEuSis:

This is veeeery painful to you, innit?

get real how can anything anyone writes on the www be painful to me.
i have a life
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by egoldman(m): 11:13am On Feb 10, 2008
Mamaput let it go
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2008
let go of the rat i smell.
i smell a big fat rat.
good mother even of twins, good cook, good job good christian, good wife with good husband
never seen a better profile in my life
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by spoilt(f): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2008
i dont get it? is it shocking that all 5 of her kids are from the same man?
so what if she cant cook? this cooking issue is over flogged and overrated. apparently they havent all starved to death yet! If a woman cant cook, she cant cook. No need to bring out the cross, nails and hammer. grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2008
the poster is 34 her oldest children the twins are 13 that means she had them at 21. that means she must have married at 20 that means she must have met her husband when she was at about 18/19.
that means this topic is useless.
are you telling me she dose not know the man she married by now.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mellow(m): 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2008
mamaput:

the poster is 34 her oldest children the twins are 13 that means she had them at 21. that means she must have married at 20 that means she must have met her husband when she was at about 18/19.

Methinks there is reason in this. How come after all this years she became worried all of a sudden?

After 5 kids? Really, i doubt if all are from the same honourable Gentleman Igboman. Why the sudden

fear or anxiety? How come it is now she knows she cannot talk the talk or walk the walk? I am mixed

too though, My father is Delta and my mum is Edo and i never spoke a word of Igbo language, being in

and out of EngiAmerican schools all my humble life, wonder why i am yet to graduate. Nonsense Imo River

[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Albato(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2008
Where true love exists, cultural differences will become secondary issue and will be resolved with time. Several Nigerians live happily with English ladies. I had this friend who is married to a "whitie". He admits he is lost for what to say or do when he attends parties with his wife among her people but one way or the other he always gets through it. His wife has admitted to the same thing. Attending Igbo functions with the husband is a drag too because she cannot understand half of what is being said. What matters is that this couple have lived for many years together. The best part is the half caste kids they got. The greatest joy is when you have beautiful children.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by oziomatv(m): 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2008
lol
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by tilewill(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2008
@poster

Love wins! so, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about. l'm equally a nigerian
with Canadian born soulmate {thou, soon to be together}. You just be positive with him
in the areas of your responsibilities. Be focused and help things with prayers.

goodluck.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2008
oziomatv:

I can see a huge disappointment in your life accept my sympathy.
Delta is not IGBOS and will never be accepted as Igbos. go ahead with your hates who cares?

Point of correction!! Some Deltans are Igbos and some are not wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by spoilt(f): 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2008
Albato:

The best part is the half caste kids they got. The greatest joy is when you have beautiful children.

??
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 11, 2008
egoldman:

To the poster , from the way u described your marriage , i do not think you should worry about anything .
off topic ; Babyosisi laughter is about to kill me because of the picture in your profile ooooh grin grin grin grin

I'm glad I made you laugh.
bless you dear.

mamaput:

and so what ?
She never said she did not love her man or that he didn't love her.
It's only natural to think those thoughts,she's a human ain't she?
Everyone here has reassured her that Igbo or not is not an issue
my brother ninetofive on this thread is married to a Russian woman who I'm sure cannot carry on a conversation in Igbo.
4 him has Igbo mom and Yoruba dad.
Even you are a product of an Igbo dad and a German mother.
Same race and tribe is no guarantee to marital bliss.
don't be too hard abeg
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Leilah(f): 4:11am On Feb 11, 2008
VYSK or whatever you call yourself. I HAVE been to Nigeria and I DID meet all my husbands family. I never said THEY didn't appreciate me,
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by soccerchic(f): 4:35am On Feb 11, 2008
Is this story for real?? grin grin , just wondering cause I know people can be very creative when they want to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by tpia: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2008
personally, I'd be very uneasy if people suddenly started raining praises on me the way they're doing here to the OP while abusing Leilah.

Very very uneasy. But that's just me. lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 8:23am On Feb 11, 2008
thankyou @ the the last two posters.

@ babyosisi let me spell it out . the lady is telling lies
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 8:39am On Feb 11, 2008
am not talking about a relationship working out or not.
people that are happy in their marrage do not talk about it.
and do not laugh at other people like Leilah like she did something wrong.
this trend is disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Have Foreign Names? / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.