Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (21139 Views)

Poll: Yes or no?

Yes: 75% (78 votes)
No: 25% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2008
tpia:

if you're referring to the side argument between yourself, mellow and oziomatv disputing the Igboness or otherwise of Delta Ibos, then maybe you guys should start another thread to debate that.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to read!! are all deltans igbos?

tpia:

The only Igbo man who is being hated on here is Leilah's husband. That's why I said you should reread the thread from the beginning.

Leilah's Husband is hated all over Nairaland because she wanted us to hate him

tpia:

Doublecheck what you're referring to as Igbo hating.

I am not new in Niraland and i said it before

tpia:

Kindly point out the exact posts which are " Igbo hating" on this thread.

Quote from: romeo on Yesterday at 16:19:37
She wanted to know more about Nigerians and[b] i believe she came to the wrong place though, Too many igbo haters and ignorants of igbo cultures[/b]! They will not offer you good advice but they will spend more time trying to find faults in your post to prove their " i too know disease".

Some people always want to be smart where they shouldn't be Wink

I will repeat again, i was refering to nairaland as a website and not this thread. But because you can not understand things very well you will still ask me that again

tpia:

See your first post here, (a diatribe against "mixed" people, b.tw):

below is what the poster wrote that brought my response, If you claim to be igbo and you don't speak igbo then you're a joker

babes, i am igbo and don't even speak a word of it, well im mixed, spent most of ma time in n out of english schools

since your so keen on learning d lang, just stay and listen, quite frankly, u mite never get to speak it witout sounding like a retard,

I hope you're cleared for now!! i know you will still not understand and will ask the same questions again
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 3:32pm On Feb 14, 2008
can you plz go back and follow this thread from the beginning instead of posting prejudiced comments.

99% of the posters/responders here are either Igbo, half Igbo or married to Igbo. So who are the Igbo bashers and where are you seeing Igbo hating?

The only person being bashed unequivocally that I can see, is Leilah. People were raining abuses on both her and her husband. And she was told the quality of her own man is less than others, since nobody on Nairaland or even Nigeria itself has ever done anything her husband may be doing.

I don't know what you are reading here.

I agree, tpia. Dont know what Igbo haters have to do with THIS particular topic esp since none of the so called igbo haters have even replied this thread unless of course, I skipped a page. Maybe in general on NL, it's "true" but I dont see how that has anything to do with this thread.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2008
his_grace:

very very stupid and sad question and highly despicable and parochial in all ramifications and full of exuberatic nonsense and arrant thinking in a fashion that reflects myopic and misplaced jan jan jan -

shocked shocked grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

I agree, tpia. Dont know what Igbo haters have to do with THIS particular topic esp since none of the so called igbo haters have even replied this thread unless of course, I skipped a page. Maybe in general on Nairaland, it's "true" but I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread.

romeo:

I will repeat again, i was refering to nairaland as a website and not this thread. But because you can not understand things very well you will still ask me that again

d.loaded

why are you guys misunderstanding the dude? he has said it over again that he was refering to nairaland as a whole. and you even admitted it's "true" .so leave the guy alone joo.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
Um I understand that he's referring to NL in general, but what exactly does it have to do with THIS particular thread? That is why we're confused
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
his point was that nairaland is the wrong place to ask of the character of her igbo husband b/c there are many igbo haters in nairaland who will say negative things about her husband and encourage her to hate him. (his opinion though, not mine)
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Um I understand that he's referring to[b] Nairaland in general, but what exactly does it have to do with THIS particular thread?[/b] That is why we're confused

abi o,this thread has nothing to do with Nairaland.Its not even a part of Nairaland so his problem with NL in general can't be extended to this thread.

This thread is an independent thread existing on its own outside NL grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2008
4Play, shut the hell up jare.

Perhaps you can tell me why romeo picked this thread of all threads to discuss the anti-Igbo "ness" of Nairaland

Olodo.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
otele:

his point was that nairaland is the wrong place to ask of the character of her igbo husband b/c there are many igbo haters in nairaland who will say negative things about her husband and encourage her to hate him. (his opinion though, not mine)

That would make sense if someone had actually done that on here. Care to quote any examples on this thread?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

That would make sense if someone had actually done that on here. Care to quote any examples on this thread?

otele:

(his opinion though, not mine)

that question should be directed to romeo wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
@incontinent TOH

Perhaps he had a message to pass-don't seek advice concerning an Igbo person on Nairaland because Nairaland is full of tribalists-which is very much germane to this thread because the poster,wait for it. . . . . is seeking advice concerning an Igbo person on Nairaland which he thinks is full of tribalists.

You see,he may be hyper-sensitive IMO,but his point is relevant.

Maybe your huge mammaries is weighing heavily again on your thinking grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2008
Why people prefer to be dumb is still a mystery to me. embarassed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2008
4 Play:

LOL. o boy you wicked o grin grin grin
but those mammaries na FIFA approved cheesy i swear. thank God say toshman nova see that picture grin grin grin the guy for don de worry her now grin grin

abeg wetin be TOH?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
otele:

abeg wetin be TOH?

Her former username.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Blatant: 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
4 Play:

ha ha ha

you wicked o. you mean say her mammary powers big pass her brain power?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
Blatant:

ha ha ha

you wicked o. you mean say her mammary powers big pass her brain power?

ha ha ha grin grin grin
una don make de babe sign out grin grin grin grin grin
i swear i for no mind those mammaries o cheesy if the babe go gree grin after all today na val day

o boy her boyfriend de enjoy life o grin grin grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Blatant: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
I swear say she no fine. If you don see am, you for sabi say na true I dey talk. No let photo decieve you for internet o.

Na only mammaries she get

he he he

lol
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2008
u mean am? you don see the babe b4? anyhow sha, de mammary don do sha. if i bury my head for those FIFA approved mamaries, i no need to see the ugly face again now grin grin grin grin

abeg make i go find my date for today. we suppose meet at 5.30
all these small girls sef

happy val all man cool
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2008
4Play can you see the bullshit you are causing on here? Btw shouldnt it be "are" and not "is", maybe your vienna weenie has taken the blood supply required for your own brain sef.

Btw who the hell is Blatant? I don't know you, just because I denied your so called "getting to know you" garbage on YIm doesnt mean you should be running your mouth about me. Oloshi. Bloody babies don't know how to handle rejection like a man, have to go around yarning dust about the girl in various threads. Omo lasan, ikeji aja. Ko ni da fun e ninu odun tuntun yi.

4Play, the comment still doesnt make any sense because once again no one said anything bad about the Igbos in this thread and she didnt even make the thread all about her husband being Igbo hence "Nigerian husband", anyway whatever, I just found the outburst to be quite weird esp since from page 1, many people praised Igbo husbands.

otele, I'm glad you know the comment was intended for romeo and not you. Now you want to run away from the question, amebo  tongue
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Him(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
Blatant and otele wetin be all these reverse toasting?
Grow up young men.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
@TOH

Its not my fault. . . . . nothing like the subject of tits to provoke guys into a prurient frenzy grin grin

I think Romeo's claim is relevant irrespective of whether anyone did say anything "bad" about Igbos,actually one person did but modified it later.Would it had been better if he was the first person to post? He doesn't need to wait for the thread to degenerate to make his point even if I found his point invalid.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by darfur(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
reverse toasting grin grin grin
FIFA approved grin grin grin
nairaland na da bomb grin grin grin grin

anyway, i think romeo made the comment as a preventive or predictive measure. he probably thought someone may end up igbobashing but he didn't need to. the thread was unusually kind to igbos. very unusual in nairaland, if i may add.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2008
Actually if he was the first person to post, that would have made a lot more sense but hey whatever

And you sef, wetin I ever do you? This is the second time you are causing morons to yarn dust about me like Im the only person on NL with pics on her profile. I offended you abi wetin? Dont let me bite you like I do the otehrs jare  angry
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2008
darfur:

anyway, i think romeo made the comment as a preventive or predictive measure. he probably thought someone may end up igbobashing but he didn't need to. the thread was unusually kind to igbos. very unusual in nairaland, if i may add.

As opposed to

"Yoruba Girls Are Dirty"
"I Would Never Marry A Yoruba Chic"
"Yorubas Are Not To Be Trusted"
"Yorubas Are Obanjes With 7 Colors/Powers"
"Every Yoruba Woman Is Divorced"
"Yorubas Are Jealous Of Nollywood"

etc

Abi?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
@TOH

No mind these Nairalanders.They are just horn dogs grin

No bite me o grin grin tongue
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Blatant: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Btw who the hell is Blatant? I don't know you, just because I denied your so called "getting to know you" garbage on YIm doesnt mean you should be running your mouth about me. Oloshi. Bloody babies don't know how to handle rejection like a man, have to go around yarning dust about the girl in various threads. Omo lasan, ikeji aja. Ko ni da fun e ninu odun tuntun yi.

What is getting to know you on YIM? abi the oversized breasts don dey disturb your mental balance?

I get wife and children o. Na you I go come dey toast?

If I want toast young babe sef, I go toast the one wey fine. I no fit get fine wife for house come dey toast girl wey no fine biko. How you go be when you old small?

get it right in your head - I have never and will never toast you or anyone else on this nairaland forum. na because I don see you before make me talk the thing wey i talk and if you want make I come open mouth, I go open my mouth like basket for you and others here
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Blatant: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2008
4Him:

Blatant and otele wetin be all these reverse toasting?
Grow up young men.

i no dey toast am o.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by omoge(f): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2008
Bite them hard D reloaded. awon okurin oni kuluso jealousy. ti won ba ti ri omu, won se ma se sukelesukele.
akwai nunu are kano, ku tafi cha!
na gal mammary dem see to dey make reference to.

ori omu lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
omoge, they are all just bitter jackasses with their "My girlfriend stinks" threads.  I've checked my IM archives and realized thatout Blatant is one of those people I've blocked in the past. Let him keep nursing those wounds. You've seen who before? Ori e ti baje. Oloribu, omo ale. You have a "wife and children" yet instead of taking care of your home, you are jumping randomly into threads attacking females for no reason? You are fooling yourself. Agbaya. embarassed

4 Play:

@TOH

No mind these Nairalanders.They are just horn dogs grin

No bite me o grin grin tongue

Na you cause these bastards to be running their mouths. Plenty of others with pics, let them go and bother them. Dont need cowardly imbeciles on my back. I warn you o, no make I bite your head off  angry
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
Hahahhaa Goshhhhhhhh!!!

I know Nairaland very well tongue, check my first post or second post in this thread. If she didn't mention that her husband took her home many people would've told her to runnnnnnnnnnn as long as her legs could carry her (just for being igbo)

I've made my point sha, Nairaland is not the place to seek advice about igbo husbands because you'll be wrongly adviced and they where going on that direction when i re-directed them back to topic cheesy cheesy

naija sweet no be small grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
romeo:

I've made my point sha, Nairaland is not the place to seek advice about igbo husbands because you'll be wrongly adviced and [B]they where going on that direction when i re-directed them back to topic[/B] cheesy cheesy

Where? I hope you dont mean the whole mess between mamaput and the OP?

Btw, have you ever read this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=106876.msg1891065#msg1891065

Please do and focus on the comments your brothers made.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Where? I hope you don't mean the whole mess between mamaput and the OP?

Btw, have you ever read this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=106876.msg1891065#msg1891065

Please do and focus on the comments your brothers made.

what's with the thread? Igbo guy marrying yoruba girl and people happy for them

Abeg save me some torture wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olubadan, Adetunji Saliu Celebrates 91st Birthday (Photos) / Why Do Africans Have Foreign Names? / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.