Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work (11506 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Muhammed Teachings About Shaitan (Satan). . .Just Too Hilarious! / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Ubenedictus(m): 12:28am On Nov 29, 2012
Boomark:

Catechism or from bulletins!

May be he is trying to say that he was given the freewill to do what he is predestined to do.

Welldone bro!
so your awake doesn't teach predestination? That means u guy have removed another biblical teaching. Una weldone!
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 29, 2012
@Mr Ube,

You do know that the relationship between God and man (before the original sin) is not the same as after the original sin right? So, to suggest that God actually gave man free will before original sin and also predestined him to fall is wrong! That would just be like a setup my guy.

If man had fallen according to God's predestination, there would be no reason for Him (God) to be sorry He created man!

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Ubenedictus(m): 1:22am On Nov 29, 2012
seriallink: @Mr Ube,
You do know that the relationship between God and man (before the original sin) is not the same as after the original sin right? So, to suggest that God actually gave man free will before original sin and also predestined him to fall is wrong! That would just be like a setup my guy.

If man had fallen according to God's predestination, there would be no reason for Him (God) to be sorry He created man!

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
just a note, i didn't use d bolded words. And God's prescience is dont dependent on man's relationship with God, God knows what will happen independent of mans' relationship. God know d future by d very fact that he is God. I repeat God is prescient by the fact that he is God not by relationship.
So yes i hold that God wasn't ignorant of d man will chose, infact i hold that God know the end from the beginning.
Lastly friend God is alway "sorry" when man sins that doesn't mean God was ignorant that man will sin.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by truthislight: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: are you denying Gods ominiscience? Or are you denying his prescience or foreknowledge? A verse 4 u I MAKE KNOWN THE END FROM THE BEGINNING, FROM ANCIENT TIMES WHAT IS STILL TO COME. I SAY MY PURPOSE WILL STAND AND I WILL DO AS I PLEASE that is is 46:10

God created d devil a good even as he chose to fall and he created adam good even as he chose to fall, yet i maintain that as isaiah says the lord truly knew the outcome of the whole story even b4 it started. God didnt make man fall, but God knew man will fall and becos God created man with freewill God allowed man fall. GOD DIDNT NEED TO WAIT AND SEE THE RESULT, HE ALWAY KNEW.

these are ur own words not mine!
these are also ur words

bring it on, ur accusation are just too much 4 me now, if u have a problem speak! U are d one calling God a liar by insinuating that God didnt know what will happen, i repeat God needed no "proof" he already knew what will happen! Not becos he staged it but becos he has both knowledge of d past, present and future!

bring it on! Speak if u are bold enough and if ur comments are true!

if God had destroyed Adam and satan from the onset how will the faithful angels have come to know that satan was unto no good?

God let him run his cause for all to see.

That is why you and me are able to know that satan is a liar, well, not you and me but me and others minus you and Obediah777 that sees "good in satan"

God can foreodain whatever he has interest in, and can tell what the future will be if he is interest on that issue and work to see it to the end. But it is not all that man has Interest in that Yahweh will be interested in.

If i decide to be immoral tomorrow are you saying that Yahweh will still be interested in that or he will abandon me to my desire?

Yes, he will abandon such a person but he knows all the ways of man that he has already giving laws and warning to that end.

Like Adam, he said, "if you eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad you will positively die"

yes, Adam will die God said, not that he had already predestine him to eat and die, but he God being the source of life to Adam knows he will abandon him should he disobeyed him being the source of life and that will lead to Adam's death since he was the one sustaining him and can sustain him for all eternity. Disconnection will lead to death.

^^^ Yahweh and satan cannot shear anything(both masters cannot shear)

God knowing of the future is Good, that enable him to give infallible laws that can stand the test of time and put confidence in us that all he has promise will come to pass, but not to use that to justified predestination of all men.

Same thing for Esau and Jecob, God shows by his foresight that he appreciate those that have a love of spiritual things and hate those that shows disdain for spiritual things.

This rather build my faith in his promises for the future.

Same goes with the intake of blood, from the time of Noah till the time of the Israelite, to the apostles, God said dont eat blood though all the nations all around were eating blood.

How will he had explain what "HIV aids" is for those ancient people to understand what he meant?

But he simply said dont eat blood.
And all those that have had full trust and confidence on Yahweh have reap countless blessing from that obedience and will also be rewarded with eternal life for being obedient to him.

Such are the beauty of Yahweh's foresight.

3 Likes

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by truthislight: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2012
seriallink: @Mr Ube,

beautiful ^^^

2 Likes

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by truthislight: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: just a note, i didn't use d bolded words. And God's prescience is dont dependent on man's relationship with God, God knows what will happen independent of mans' relationship. God know d future by d very fact that he is God. I repeat God is prescient by the fact that he is God not by relationship.
So yes i hold that God wasn't ignorant of d man will chose, infact i hold that God know the end from the beginning.
Lastly friend God is alway "sorry" when man sins that doesn't mean God was ignorant that man will sin.
Thank you.

what some silly contradiction.

Well, God cant operate at this your low frequency.

1 Like

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by clemz85(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2012
ATMC: With respect to your post no. 1, i thought jesus said my peace i leave with you, how come he's given satan power to take away peace from d world, when and how did it happen?

Hmmm esokwam juo!
We christians can twist word.
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Boomark(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: so your awake doesn't teach predestination? That means u guy have removed another biblical teaching. Una weldone!

Awake didn't see predestination in the bible and it does not teach it. So tell us what your bulletin saw and added in the bible.
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2012
@ Mr. Ube, If God had predestined man to fall, He wouldn't have instructed him not to eat from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

God knew Satan was looking for worship too and might come with his temptations to brainwash man into disobeying God and worshipping him (Satan) to justify his rebellion against God, so that he won't be punished. And for the fact that God created man with an ability to make a choice (Free will), it'll be illogical not to instruct him and tell him the consequences of his actions should he chose to disobey!

God is not an author of confusion. Predestination would only work with free will in the sense that the end result of doing good and evil are eternal life and death respectively. Unless Yahweh has a special interest in some cases for His own reasons as stated by truthislight.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Boomark:

You for use enemy instead of satan, make me see how e work.

How about when the godly curseth?

What is the opposite of satan in human being?
WHEN THE GODLY CURSETH IT IS THE SATAN IN HIM THAT IS CURSING, WHICH MAKES HIM UNGODLY BECAUSE GODLY PEOPLE DONT CURSE. AND CURSING IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. CURSING IS DEEPER THAN WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. THE WORD CURSING IS CASUALLY USED IN NIGERIA. CURSING IS RITUALISTIC IN NATURE. TO PUT A CURSE ON SOMEONE. GODLY PEOPLE DONT DO THAT. SO THAT MAKES YOUR QUESTION MUTE, PHARISEE BOOKMARK cheesy
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Boomark:

Speaking from both side of the mouth.
WELL THE STORY OF LAZARUS IS A PARABLE. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE BRAH undecided
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2012
Boomark:

I hope you added everything that belongs him there, under pharisees and sadusees?

Also create a list for Gentiles. He should be the only one in this list.
grin grin grin
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2012
truthislight:
what!
Why do you think i am pesecuting you ?

Am only trying to help youuuuuu!

Ok see your approach to issues:

this below was the answer to a question that was ask concerning apocriphal by Todaynatoday :

and your answer:

my own answer to same question below
Compare your own with this and answer the question.

so, like you can see, your approach to the scriptures needs a lot of improvement.

Dont say i am pesecuting you, i only want you to be real and realistic and not stop what you are doing now that will be stumbling people even though you mean well.

That your answer up there paints the picture that the scriptures are incomplete that some books are outside for political reason which is not true

take my advice and always think of God first befor saying any thing because :

"the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
peace

BRAH, THE KJV 1611 HAD THE APOCRYPHA IN IT TILL THE 1800s. SO WHAT CHANGED IN THE 1800s THAT IT HAD TO BE REMOVED ? SEE YOU ARE GETTING DISCOMBOBULATED, GANKED, HOODWINKED, HAD, AND DECIEVED BY SATAN. THE GREATEST TRICK SATAN EVER PULLED IS MAKING PEOPLE BELIEVE HE DOES NOT EXIST. THIS IS WHY REAL PROPHETS ONLY USE THE KJV 1611. IF YOU ARE TRULY A MAN OF GOD, HE WILL DIRECT YOUR SPIRIT TO THE RIGHT INFORMATION. HOWEVER YOUHAVE TO BE PART OF THE ELECT. HE HAS TO BE DEALING WITH YOU. SEE THE LORD ALREADY KNEW THAT SATAN WOULD DO WHAT HE DID. ITS IN 1 MACCABEES 3 VS 48, JOB 9 VS 24, AND HERE IS THE LORD CONDEMNING THE DEVIL BEFOREHAND BEFORE PULLING OUT THOSE BOOKS >>> REVELATION 22 VS 18 AND 19. IT MAKES SEEKING THE TRUTH MORE PRECARIOUS WHICH IS WHY THE LORD ALLOWED THE DEVIL TO DO WHAT HE DID. MEANING ONLY THOSE WHO SEEK DEEPLY WILL FIND. BLESSED IS HE WHO READS. STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED. TAKE ONE STEP TOWARDS ME AND I WILL TAKE TWO STEPS TOWARDS YOU
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink:

BuzugEE is a passive pharisEE and a sadducEE at the same time grin grin
COMING FROM AN ACTIVE PHARISEE, THIS POST IS MUTE grin grin

1 Like

Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: they are called apocryphal by protestants becos martin luthur removed them from the protestant bible in the 16 century, those book are part of the christian bible compiled by the early christians!
THEY GOT REMOVED IN THE 1800S NOT 1600S. BIBLE ONLY GOT COMPILED IN 1611.
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: the iconoclast werent d ones wu took out those books from the bible, infact d iconoclast didnt touch the bible, neither did the greeks nor the romom! The person wu did was a german, martin luther.
NAH THE BIBLE DESTRUCTION GROUP IS WHO REMOVED IT. WAS A GROUP FORMED IN THE 1800S. THEY ARE GRECO-ROMANS, OR WHAT YOU WILL CALL, CAUCASIANS TODAY. SAME PEOPLE. THE BIBLE WAS TAMPERED WITH AND ALTERED TO PROMOTE WHITE SUPERIORITY AND TO DECIEVE
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2012
ijawkid:

UBE how far??...I was just trying to deliver a message to buzugee... grin......
WHAT ARE YA ? THE POST-MAN grin
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2012
Boomark:

You shouted amen to this but fail to ask him what the half satanic spirit he said God created in every being (including jesus) is doing there. The one that also tempted Jesus.

SMH for follow follow people!
BOOKMARK YOU DO ERR. ONE HALF IS GODLY AND THE OTHER HALF IS SATANIC. YOU KNOW THAT PROVERBIAL DRAWING WITH ONE GOOD PERSON ON YOUR RIGHT HAND SIDE AND A RED DEVIL WITH PITCHFORK ON YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE BOTH TRYING TO ALTER YOUR DECISIONS ? YEAH PONDER ON THAT CUZ THATS EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE MADE. HALF GOD HALF SATAN grin grin SOUNDS CRAZY. THAT ALUU4 GUY PLANKING THOSE BOYS ? THAT WAS HIS SATANIC SIDE IN FULL BLOOM. THAT WAS SATAN
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: just a note, i didn't use d bolded words. And God's prescience is dont dependent on man's relationship with God, God knows what will happen independent of mans' relationship. God know d future by d very fact that he is God. I repeat God is prescient by the fact that he is God not by relationship.
Thank you.
AND TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY YOUR POINT, SEEING AS SERIALLINK IS BEING HIS USUAL PHARISEE SELF LOL

ISAIAH 46 VS 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: THE POINT HERE IS YOU CANT TAKE EVERY BIBLICAL VERSE LITERALLY. THE VERSE GENESIS 6 VS 6 JUST HAD TO BE SAID. DOES NOT MEAN THE LORD DID NOT SEE IT COMING. HE GAVE THE WORLD TO MAN, GAVE MAN FREEWILL FROM THE START ( THE PROVERBIAL TREE OF GOOD AND EVIL ) BUT KNEW MAN WOULD FALL. HOWEVER HIS WILL HAS TO BE DONE. HE STILL GAVE MAN THE WORLD ANYWAY. AND THEN HE WILL CULL THOSE WHO DID NOT FALL AWAY FROM THOSE WHO FELL. AND THOSE WHO DID NOT FALL WILL BE THE SEALED ELECT. THEY WILL BE THE ONES HE WILL GIVE THE WORLD TO EVENTUALLY WHEN HIS KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. DO YOU SEE THE FULL PICTURE ? THIS IS A MERIT BASED SELECTION PROCESS ON WHO HE WILL GIVE THE WORLD TO. THE RIGHTEOUS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH. THATS ALL THIS HAS BEEN
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: AND TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY YOUR POINT, SEEING AS SERIALLINK IS BEING HIS USUAL PHARISEE SELF LOL

ISAIAH 46 VS 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: THE POINT HERE IS YOU CAN TAKE EVERY BIBLICAL VERSE LITERALLY. THE VERSE GENESIS 6 VS 6 JUST HAD TO BE SAID. DOES NOT MEAN THE LORD DID NOT SEE IT COMING. HE GAVE THE WORLD TO MAN, GAVE MAN FREEWILL FROM THE START ( THE PROVERBIAL TREE OF GOOD AND EVIL ) BUT KNEW MAN WOULD FALL. HOWEVER HIS WILL HAS TO BE DONE. HE STILL GAVE MAN THE WORLD ANYWAY. AND THEN HE WILL CULL THOSE WHO DID NOT FALL AWAY FROM THOSE WHO FELL. AND THOSE WHO DID NOT FALL WILL BE THE SEALED ELECT. THEY WILL BE THE ONES HE WILL GIVE THE WORLD TO EVENTUALLY WHEN HIS KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. DO YOU SEE THE FULL PICTURE ? THIS IS A MERIT BASED SELECTION PROCESS ON WHO HE WILL GIVE THE WORLD TO. THE RIGHTEOUS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH. THATS ALL THIS HAS BEEN

Buzugee, hailings brah. We no see your breaklight yesterday, hope you are okay.

As regards to your post, what's the difference between free will and original sin? because it seems you are mixing it there. From my understanding, man was created without sin but with an ability to choose (Free will). The ability to choose is God's gift and not sin; Satan brought sin into the world through the first man, that doesn't mean God predestined or planned it to happen that way!
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink:

Buzugee, hailings brah. We no see your breaklight yesterday, hope you are okay.

As regards to your post, what's the difference between free will and original sin? because it seems you are mixing it there. From my understanding, man was created without sin but with an ability to choose (Free will). The ability to choose is God's gift and not sin; Satan brought sin into the world through the first man, that doesn't mean God predestined or planned it to happen that way!
ME BREDA KINGPIN ALHAJI CEO SERIALLINK I TROWAY SALUTE BACK. OH BOY YESTERDAY NA CRAZY DAY LOL. ALL IS WELL SHA. BRAH, THE BIBLE, KJV, THAT IS, IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WRITTEN BOOK IN THE WORLD IN THE MANNER OF WRITING. THATS HOW I KNOW THE BOOK WAS INSPIRED BY THE LORD. THE BOOK IS WRITTEN IN SUCH A WAY THAT A SITUATION THAT HAPPENS IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE CAN BE NARRATED IN A WAY THAT THE SITUATION APPEARS AS IF IT IS HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE ENCLOSED SPACE. THIS IS HOW THE BOOK IS WRITTEN. THE STORY OF SATAN COMING UP TO DECIEVE THE WOMAN ETC ETC, IS A STORY OF SOMEONE STRUGGLING WITHIN THEMSELF TO CHOOSE GOOD OR BAD. TO INDULGE THEIR SATANIC OR GODLY SPIRIT. BUT IT IS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN IN A WAY SO THAT YOU THINK THE SITUATION IS HAPPENING OUTSIDE THE PERSONS MIND. THIS IS A STORY OF SOMEONES STRUGGLES WITHIN THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF THE GIFT OF FREEWILL. SHOULD I INDULGE MY SATANIC OR MY GODLY SIDE ? THIS IS THE STORY OF EVERY MAN CREATED BY GOD. SHOULD I DO GOOD OR WRONG ? AND THIS WILL CONTINUE TO BE OUR STORY TILL WE GET INTO THE KINGDOM
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
If God planned it to happen that way, it will mean that He made a choice for man even before He created him (man). Which will contradict the fact the Adam and Eve made the choice for humanity!

Why would God who hates sin predestine man to chose sin and then blame him for making the choice?

It's just like you programmed a robot to kill people, then when it starts killing you blamed it for what is happening! Does that make any sense to you?
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink: If God planned it to happen that way, it will mean that He made a choice for man even before He created him (man). Which will contradict the fact the Adam and Eve made the choice for humanity!

Why would God who hates sin predestine man to chose sin and then blame him for making the choice?

It's just like you programmed a robot to kill people, then when it starts killing you blamed it for what is happening! Does that make any sense to you?
GOD DID NOT PREDESTINE YOU TO CHOOSE SIN. YOU CHOSE SIN OUT OF YOUR OWN LUSTS JAMES 1 VS 13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

YOU HAVE A FIFTY FIFTY CHANCE OF CHOOSING GOOD OR EVIL. THE CHOICE IS YOURS AND THE RECOMPENSE IS YOURS. THATS JUST HOW IT IS LOL
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: ME BREDA KINGPIN ALHAJI CEO SERIALLINK I TROWAY SALUTE BACK. OH BOY YESTERDAY NA CRAZY DAY LOL. ALL IS WELL SHA. BRAH, THE BIBLE, KJV, THAT IS, IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WRITTEN BOOK IN THE WORLD IN THE MANNER OF WRITING. THATS HOW I KNOW THE BOOK WAS INSPIRED BY THE LORD. THE BOOK IS WRITTEN IN SUCH A WAY THAT A SITUATION THAT HAPPENS IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE CAN BE NARRATED IN A WAY THAT THE SITUATION APPEARS AS IF IT IS HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE ENCLOSED SPACE. THIS IS HOW THE BOOK IS WRITTEN. THE STORY OF SATAN COMING UP TO DECIEVE THE WOMAN ETC ETC, IS A STORY OF SOMEONE STRUGGLING WITHIN THEMSELF TO CHOOSE GOOD OR BAD. TO INDULGE THEIR SATANIC OR GODLY SPIRIT. BUT IT IS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN IN A WAY SO THAT YOU THINK THE SITUATION IS HAPPENING OUTSIDE THE PERSONS MIND. THIS IS A STORY OF SOMEONES STRUGGLES WITHIN THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF THE GIFT OF FREEWILL. SHOULD I INDULGE MY SATANIC OR MY GODLY SIDE ? THIS IS THE STORY OF EVERY MAN CREATED BY GOD. SHOULD I DO GOOD OR WRONG ? AND THIS WILL CONTINUE TO BE OUR STORY TILL WE GET INTO THE KINGDOM

It seems to me that your interpretation of how original sin came to be is quiet different from what most Christians believe. Maybe that's why we are debating on this topic.

Maybe as time goes on, I'll understand where you are coming from. Because almost all christians will argue with you if you tell them that the event described in Genesis (the fall of man) was actually a battle (between good and evil) in Eve's mind and not something that happened physically.
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: GOD DID NOT PREDESTINE YOU TO CHOOSE SIN. YOU CHOSE SIN OUT OF YOUR OWN LUSTS JAMES 1 VS 13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

YOU HAVE A FIFTY FIFTY CHANCE OF CHOOSING GOOD OR EVIL. THE CHOICE IS YOURS AND THE RECOMPENSE IS YOURS. THATS JUST HOW IT IS LOL

I get your point. But Mr. Ube is not saying the same. He believes in predestination and also believe that the fall of man was pre-planned! That would make God a liar, you know?

Well, like I said, there is a huge difference between your interpretations of scripture and the normal thing I read from the scripture. Maybe, as time goes on, I'll get to understand where you are coming from!
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink:

It seems to me that your interpretation of how original sin came to be is quiet different from what most Christians believe. Maybe that's why we are debating on this topic.

Maybe as time goes on, I'll understand where you are coming from. Because almost all christians will argue with you if you tell them that the event described in Genesis (the fall of man) was actually a battle (between good and evil) in Eve's mind and not something that happened physically.
YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO MISTAKE ALLEGORIES AND SYMBOLISM AS LITERAL REALITY. ALMOST EVERY ASPECT OF THE BIBLE IS PARABOLIC. EVEN THE BIBLE TELLS YOU THAT IT IS WRITTEN IN HIDDEN WORDS AND PARABLES. SO ANYONE WHO TRANSLATES THE BIBLE LITERALLY ? GOD IS NOT DEALING WITH THAT PERSON YET. REMEMBER THAT WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING COMES FROM THE LORD. SO IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE UNDERSTANDING OF THESE HIDDEN WORDS, SUCH PERSON NEEDS TO DO SOME SELF EVALUATION
1-AM I A HUMBLE PERSON ? ( IF YOU ARE NOT HUMBLE THE LORD WILL NEVER DEAL WITH YOU )
2-DO I DEDICATE ENOUGH TIME TO STUDY THE LORDS WORD ( REMEMBER THE LORD DOES NOT DEAL WITH LUKEWARM PEOPLE. SCRIPTURE SAYS BLESSED IS HE THAT READS. STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED. READING THE SCRIPTURE TWICE A WEEK WILL NOT CUT IT. OR 10 MINUTES EVERYDAY. THE LORD IS NOT DEALING WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT. YOU HAVE TO LOSE YOUR LIFE IN OTHER TO FIND IT. MEANING YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING AND DEDICATE TIME TO STUDY THE WORD. AT LEAST 3 -5 HOURS EVERYDAY.
3-ARE YOU STILL CHASING GLORY AND VANITY IN THIS WORLD ? THE LORD AINT DEALING WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT

MY POINT IS, THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO READ THE BIBLE WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE THE LORD IS NOT DEALING WITH THEM FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER. NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS I AM A CHRISTIAN IS REALLY ONE. NOT EVERYONE WHO CALLS MY NAME IS OFF ME
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink:

I get your point. But Mr. Ube is not saying the same. He believes in predestination and also believe that the fall of man was pre-planned! That would make God a liar, you know?

Well, like I said, there is a huge difference between your interpretations of scripture and the normal thing I read from the scripture. Maybe, as time goes on, I'll get to understand where you are coming from!
HE IS RIGHT IN BELIEVING IN PREDESTINATION. LORD KNOWS THE END FROM THE BEGINNING. LET ME GET YOU A PREDESTINATION SCRIPTURE

REVELATION 22 VS 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

DANIEL 12 VS 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

THOSE ARE PREDESTINATION SCRIPTURES IF YOU CAN RECIEVE THEM wink
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: HE IS RIGHT IN BELIEVING IN PREDESTINATION. LORD KNOWS THE END FROM THE BEGINNING. LET ME GET YOU A PREDESTINATION SCRIPTURE

REVELATION 22 VS 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

DANIEL 12 VS 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

THOSE ARE PREDESTINATION SCRIPTURES IF YOU CAN RECIEVE THEM wink

You see where the problem is coming from? You just said God did not predestined Eve to make the choice she made in the garden of Eden and you are here defending Mr. Ube?

If you go back and read the message I posted for Mr. Ube up there, you'll understand my stance on predestination. The Lord only predestine what He is interested in. He doesn't predestine people to sin against Him; that's up to us to exercise our free will.

It's only when God finds out that your heart is hardened and knows that no matter what, you'll never change that He predestines you for condemnation.

Just like in the case of Satan, evil has been predestined to be destroyed from then beginning because the Lord knows Satan with his pride will never repent!
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
seriallink:

You see where the problem is coming from? You just said God did not predestined Eve to make the choice she made in the garden of Eden and you are here defending Mr. Ube?

If you go back and read the message I posted for Mr. Ube up there, you'll understand my stance on predestination. The Lord only predestine what He is interested in. He doesn't predestine people to sin against Him; that's up to us to exercise our free will.

It's only when God finds out that your heart is harden and knows that no matter what, you'll never change that He predestines you for condemnation.

Just like in the case of Satan, evil has been predestined to be destroyed from then beginning because the Lord knows Satan with his pride will never repent!
OK MAYBE WE NEED TO DEFINE PREDESTINATION. IS PREDESTINATION KNOWING THE END FROM THE BEGINING AND HENCE KNOWING EVE WOULD SIN ? IF THATS YOUR DEFINITION OF PREDESTINATION THEN YES SHE WAS PREDESTINED TO SIN. YOU THINK THE LORD WILL STOP HIS PLANS BECAUSE HE KNOWS EVE WILL SIN ? EVE SINNING IS PART OF THE PLAN EVEN THOUGH SHE DID IT OUT OF HER OWN FREEWILL.

AND I NEVER SAID GOD DID NOT PREDESTINE THAT EVE WILL SIN. grin

AND I REPEAT, SATAN IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON. SATAN IS IN EVERYONE <<<< THIS IS YOUR STUMBLING STONE. THIS IS WHERE YOU ERR. SATAN MEANS 'ADVERSARY'. WHEN YOU FORNICATE, YOU ARE BEING AN ADVERSARY TO GOD = SATAN, WHEN YOU STEAL KILL YOU ARE BEING AN ADVERSARY TO GOD = SATAN
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
^^^Obadiah, I want to ask you a question.

As a follower of Christ, do you believe in the existence of witchcraft and sorcery?

If you believe in it existence, how do you think they do it? It's Biblical but I don't know if it's parabolic and symbolic too! I want to know what you think...
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Boomark(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: BOOKMARK YOU DO ERR. ONE HALF IS GODLY AND THE OTHER HALF IS SATANIC. YOU KNOW THAT PROVERBIAL DRAWING WITH ONE GOOD PERSON ON YOUR RIGHT HAND SIDE AND A RED DEVIL WITH PITCHFORK ON YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE BOTH TRYING TO ALTER YOUR DECISIONS ? YEAH PONDER ON THAT CUZ THATS EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE MADE. HALF GOD HALF SATAN grin grin SOUNDS CRAZY. THAT ALUU4 GUY PLANKING THOSE BOYS ? THAT WAS HIS SATANIC SIDE IN FULL BLOOM. THAT WAS SATAN

So your satanic half theory is based on proverbial drawings. So no one should be blamed for committing evil since it is God that created them with half satanic spirit?

You don try with your proverbial book.
Re: Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: OK MAYBE WE NEED TO DEFINE PREDESTINATION. IS PREDESTINATION KNOWING THE END FROM THE BEGINING AND HENCE KNOWING EVE WOULD SIN ? IF THATS YOUR DEFINITION OF PREDESTINATION THEN YES SHE WAS PREDESTINED TO SIN. YOU THINK THE LORD WILL STOP HIS PLANS BECAUSE HE KNOWS EVE WILL SIN ? EVE SINNING IS PART OF THE PLAN EVEN THOUGH SHE DID IT OUT OF HER OWN FREEWILL.

AND I NEVER SAID GOD DID NOT PREDESTINE THAT EVE WILL SIN. grin

AND I REPEAT, SATAN IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON. SATAN IS IN EVERYONE <<<< THIS IS YOUR STUMBLING STONE. THIS IS WHERE YOU ERR. SATAN MEANS 'ADVERSARY'. WHEN YOU FORNICATE, YOU ARE BEING AN ADVERSARY TO GOD = SATAN, WHEN YOU STEAL KILL YOU ARE BEING AN ADVERSARY TO GOD = SATAN

So in other words, satan doesn't exist as an entity right? It's quiet atheistic to suggest that satan exist in our minds only, don't you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Truth About Head Covering For Christian Women / Your Favourite Preacher And Why / Are There Things You Cannot Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.