Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10837144 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) ... (7737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
are u telling me that out of 11yrs in NSE it is only 2011 and 2015 that u did not favour you.... nawahoooooooooo!!!!!!! l must invest in 2016 and make 1m per 3mths start up cost 100k... so that I will be like u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
ufotty2001:
are u telling me that out of 11yrs in NSE it is only 2011 and 2015 that u did not favour you.... nawahoooooooooo!!!!!!! l must invest in 2016 and make 1m per 3mths start up cost 100k... so that I will be like u

I wasn't in the market 2008 and 2009 and if at all I will trade in 2016 it will be in the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
PETERiCHY:

I wasn't in the market 2008 and 2009 and if at all I will trade in 2016 it will be in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

very soon we will hear entered fbn @ 4.98 and exit at 5.22.may God have mercy on us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
i will soon get the following stocks interesting as a matter of where the economy is diversifying to.courteville,ftn cocoa,livestock,transcorp,okomu oil and presco.when the price of oil hit $15 and oil stocks collapses,the non oil stocks will lead at NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Hahaha so u made huge loss in your save haven and last week u came out shouting buy 'Oando" because fuel subsidy will be removed

#OlodoRabata

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maslong(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thank God I now have peace of mind over a month ago that I stopped checking NSE price list.

NO 1 TIP TO STAY HEATHY :
stop checking daily NSE price list until Buhari vacate aso rock.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
maslong:
Thank God I now have peace of mind over a month ago that I stopped checking NSE price list.

If you are a savvy investor u should know how to pick your stocks with some gains and minimal looses in others.
then I'll advice you stop investing till he completes the term majority of Nigerians gave him.
May 29,2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonitorinSpirit(m): 1:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Myjoy085 is not Locodmy. The person behind the moniker: either Franktalk1 or Angrybull.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 29, 2015
maslong:

How can a farmer go to the farm without cutlass and hoe?Anyway i dont think you are an investor.if you are and you dont check prices regularly,how will you know when a stock is bottomed out,how will you know a week,month or 52 weeks low and high.you will be confused by your broker when you finally decide to buy because they will suggest you to buy shares already in their hands which is for dispose.pls avoid not checking prices and daily stock news and regulatory news.it will help you alot even if you decide not to buy for now or 4 years time,try to comply in checking daily stock update.speed on my tires, vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by elubiazo: 6:01am On Dec 29, 2015
locodemy:
i will soon get the following stocks interesting as a matter of where the economy is diversifying to.courteville,ftn cocoa,livestock,transcorp,okomu oil and presco.when the price of oil hit $15 and oil stocks collapses,the non oil stocks will lead at NSE.
sharp man!!! it seems u're really following the news and the new government policies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2015
elubiazo:

sharp man!!! it seems u're really following the news and the new government policies.

oh i forgot to add multiverse,ccn and the other cocoa producing company in competition with ftn.can someone remind me the name pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 29, 2015
Oh just log on to www.proshare.ng,they have even confirmed what i posted yesterday concerning stocks that will lead NSE next year.ok o vuuuuuuum vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:38am On Dec 29, 2015
http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/up-to-50-hike-in-fuel-prices-from-today/

RIYADH — The Council of Ministers on Monday decided to increase petrol prices by more than 50 percent for some products from Tuesday.

The price of lower-grade petrol (Octane 91) for a liter was increased to 75 halalas from the current 45 halalas, a 67 percent rise, while the price of higher-grade unleaded petrol (Octane 95) was hiked to 90 halalas from 60 halalas, a hike of 50 percent.

Prices will also increase for electricity, water and sewage, diesel and kerosene, the Saudi Press Agency reported quoting a Cabinet statement.

Saudi Aramco said in a statement it was immediately closing petrol stations until midnight on Monday, when it will resume sales at new prices.

According to the Cabinet decision, prices of natural gas, kerosene, Arabian light and heavy crude oil, heavy fuel oil, ethane, and butane have also been revised. The new prices for these products will be effective from Jan. 11.

The Cabinet also approved revision of electricity tariff.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2015
locodemy:
Oh just log on to www.proshare.ng,they have even confirmed what i posted yesterday concerning stocks that will lead NSE next year.ok o vuuuuuuum vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
.. can't find d like link
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2015
FOOD 4 THOUGHT

Put a frog into a vessel fill with water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water begins to rise, the frog adjust its body temperature accordingly.

The frog keeps adjusting its body temperature with the increasing temperature of the water. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog cannot adjust anymore.

At this point the frog decides to jump out. The frog tries to jump but it is unable to do so because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature.

Very soon the frog dies.
What killed the frog?
Think about it!
I know many of us will say the boiling water.

But the truth about what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people & situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust & when we need to move on.

There are times when we need to face the situation and take appropriate actions.

If we allow people to exploit us physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually or mentally they will continue to do so.

Let us decide when to jump!
Let's jump while we still have the strength.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2015
ufotty2001:
http://www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Where-to-invest-in-2016/29643
Proshare just grab all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2015
ufotty2001:
The link that will take you straight to proshare website is already in my post.just click on proshare,it will open and you look for WHERE TO INVEST IN 2016 AS UNCERTAINTIES.Pls check now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2015
In our opinion, equities
market had technically
moved closer to a point
where everybody had or
have almost exhausted
their supplies as ASI is
firming up above
26,000bpts, which
further points to likely
reversal in trends despite sustained broad weakness in
economic fundamentals- though, there are strong indications
that adverse effect of falling fundamentals may hit market
harder in the coming year 2016. Nevertheless, the tone of
economic policy as capped in proposed budget for 2016
fiscal year may spring up surprises in key sub-sectors.
As Santa Claus rally begins to gain momentum on
the Nigerian bourse, we consider it very important
to present more insight into trends and prospects
across board as bears had put investors into
cautious mode for long- This write-up is expected to
guide you towards informed decision and intelligent
investing ahead 2016
From trading pattern in the recent months, we have
highlighted high level of investors’ apathy and
sideline-trading postures, particularly in the last
6months, which had contributed immensely to
unimpressive performance recorded so far in the
year 2015.
However, we are of opinion that market had
technically moved closer to a point where
everybody had already exhausted their supplies,
which further points to likely reversal in trends
despite sustained falling fundamentals across
aboard, which was driven by high interest rates and
unfavourably FX rates, particularly in Banking and
Consumer Goods sub-sectors. Consequently, this has
led to unimpressive Profit-lines, considerable
decline in revenue base in the current year.
From all indications, the adverse effect of weak
fundamentals may hit market harder in the coming
year 2016. Dividend payout ratio may shrink across
board significantly- this may push companies to
consider unimpressive bonus reward for the
financial year 2015.
Nevertheless, taking clues from the proposed
budget for year 2016 that is characterised with
heavy spending and tax concessions policy towards
key economic sectors to drive diversification of
economy. Agriculture and Mineral Resources
sectors of the economy have been singled-out to
benefit tremendously from this policy- this in our
opinion would have rub-off effect on fundamentals
of some quoted firms as business environment
poised for positive change.
Government has displayed significant commitment
towards infrastructural upgrade and bridging the
infrastructural deficits across nation by committing
huge capital expenditure towards road networks,
housing and power generation.
In view of the tone of economic policy as capped in
proposed budget for 2016 fiscal year here are key
sub-sectors of the economy that may spring up
some surprises as their business fundamentals may
receive unprecedented boost. Agriculture
( OKOMUOIL, PRESCO and FTNCOCOA), Mortgage
( ASOSAVINGS, RESORTSAL ), Cement (DANGCEM,
ASHAKACEM, WAPCO, CCNN), Energy (FO,
OandoTRANSCORP ), Building, Construction/Real
Estate (JBERGER, COSTAIN ), Mining& Natural
Resources ( MULTIVERSE).
On the other hand, as uncertainty continues to grow
in the face of possibility of economic recession in
near term, we expect corporate firms to spend
more on Insurance as a way of reducing their
exposures and increase cover for earning assets- we
encourage investors to buy into leading insurance
stocks with healthy operating efficiency as we
foresee moderate growth in this sub-sector.
Nevertheless, in the light of increased possibility of
reversal in global oil prices from new low, coupled
with tax concessions and low interest rate
environment, we anticipate an improved business
environment and a better management of foreign
exchange, which may translate to improved
economic fundamentals by quarter two in 2016.
On this note, we are of the opinion that investors
may also consider blue chips and big capped stocks,
particularly in Banking , Consumer Goods and
Industrial Goods sub-sectors, which have shed
weight considerably due to broad sell activities
witnessed across sectors during the year 2015- these
classes of assets tend to benefit tremendously as
economy begin to improve. www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Where-to-invest-in-2016/29643
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2015
ufotty2001:
In our opinion, equities
market had technically
moved closer to a point
where everybody had or
have almost exhausted
their supplies as ASI is
firming up above
26,000bpts, which
further points to likely
reversal in trends despite sustained broad weakness in
economic fundamentals- though, there are strong indications
that adverse effect of falling fundamentals may hit market
harder in the coming year 2016. Nevertheless, the tone of
economic policy as capped in proposed budget for 2016
fiscal year may spring up surprises in key sub-sectors.
As Santa Claus rally begins to gain momentum on
the Nigerian bourse, we consider it very important
to present more insight into trends and prospects
across board as bears had put investors into
cautious mode for long- This write-up is expected to
guide you towards informed decision and intelligent
investing ahead 2016
From trading pattern in the recent months, we have
highlighted high level of investors’ apathy and
sideline-trading postures, particularly in the last
6months, which had contributed immensely to
unimpressive performance recorded so far in the
year 2015.
However, we are of opinion that market had
technically moved closer to a point where
everybody had already exhausted their supplies,
which further points to likely reversal in trends
despite sustained falling fundamentals across
aboard, which was driven by high interest rates and
unfavourably FX rates, particularly in Banking and
Consumer Goods sub-sectors. Consequently, this has
led to unimpressive Profit-lines, considerable
decline in revenue base in the current year.
From all indications, the adverse effect of weak
fundamentals may hit market harder in the coming
year 2016. Dividend payout ratio may shrink across
board significantly- this may push companies to
consider unimpressive bonus reward for the
financial year 2015.
Nevertheless, taking clues from the proposed
budget for year 2016 that is characterised with
heavy spending and tax concessions policy towards
key economic sectors to drive diversification of
economy. Agriculture and Mineral Resources
sectors of the economy have been singled-out to
benefit tremendously from this policy- this in our
opinion would have rub-off effect on fundamentals
of some quoted firms as business environment
poised for positive change.
Government has displayed significant commitment
towards infrastructural upgrade and bridging the
infrastructural deficits across nation by committing
huge capital expenditure towards road networks,
housing and power generation.
In view of the tone of economic policy as capped in
proposed budget for 2016 fiscal year here are key
sub-sectors of the economy that may spring up
some surprises as their business fundamentals may
receive unprecedented boost. Agriculture
( OKOMUOIL, PRESCO and FTNCOCOA), Mortgage
( ASOSAVINGS, RESORTSAL ), Cement (DANGCEM,
ASHAKACEM, WAPCO, CCNN), Energy (FO,
OandoTRANSCORP ), Building, Construction/Real
Estate (JBERGER, COSTAIN ), Mining& Natural
Resources ( MULTIVERSE).
On the other hand, as uncertainty continues to grow
in the face of possibility of economic recession in
near term, we expect corporate firms to spend
more on Insurance as a way of reducing their
exposures and increase cover for earning assets- we
encourage investors to buy into leading insurance
stocks with healthy operating efficiency as we
foresee moderate growth in this sub-sector.
Nevertheless, in the light of increased possibility of
reversal in global oil prices from new low, coupled
with tax concessions and low interest rate
environment, we anticipate an improved business
environment and a better management of foreign
exchange, which may translate to improved
economic fundamentals by quarter two in 2016.
On this note, we are of the opinion that investors
may also consider blue chips and big capped stocks,
particularly in Banking , Consumer Goods and
Industrial Goods sub-sectors, which have shed
weight considerably due to broad sell activities
witnessed across sectors during the year 2015- these
classes of assets tend to benefit tremendously as
economy begin to improve. www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Where-to-invest-in-2016/29643

Thats good.you got it.i didnt want to mention oando because of what our members will say but the bitter truith is the more you look at OANDO the less you see.If the price of FO will not fall in 2016 then expect oando's price to go up.Oando is among the companies selected to boost economy in 2016.Holding little of their shares is not abad idea.I will only sell half of mine and invest in other stocks in the list of Government for Nigerian economy boosting.vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/cbn-now-to-allocate-forex-to-end-users/

ABUJA—The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, is now to allocate foreign exchange to end-users, with priority given to matured Letters of Credit, importation of petroleum products, raw materials and machinery.

This is in a bid to effectively manage the nation’s depleted foreign reserves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2016-economic-growth-fg-world-bank-disagree-over-budget-target/

Contrary to the projections of the World Bank that pegged the Gross Domestic Product growth rate at 3.7 per cent, the Federal Government economic agenda as contained in the 2016 budget breakdown insisted on GDP growth rate of 4.37 per cent thus making it ambitious.

Earlier this year IMF cut its growth forecasts for the global economy on the back of a slowdown in China, looming recession in Russia and continuing weakness in the eurozone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2015
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0UB01X20151228

Oil fell more than 3 percent on Monday, with global benchmark Brent back near 11-year lows as last week's short-covering dried up and players worried that crude prices had more room to swoon in the new year.

Brent settled down $1.27 at $36.62 a barrel, after falling to a session low of $36.52. It hit $35.98 on Tuesday, its lowest since 2004.

Brent also settled below U.S. crude's West Texas Intermediate (WTI) futures for a fourth straight day, showing its waning influence over WTI after this month's decision by the United States to lift a 40-year ban on U.S. crude exports.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2015
PETERiCHY:
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0UB01X20151228

Oil fell more than 3 percent on Monday, with global benchmark Brent back near 11-year lows as last week's short-covering dried up and players worried that crude prices had more room to swoon in the new year.

Brent settled down $1.27 at $36.62 a barrel, after falling to a session low of $36.52. It hit $35.98 on Tuesday, its lowest since 2004.

Brent also settled below U.S. crude's West Texas Intermediate (WTI) futures for a fourth straight day, showing its waning influence over WTI after this month's decision by the United States to lift a 40-year ban on U.S. crude exports.
the way bad news dey come out today.. be like say them be accumulate d news keep for today even all d JiJo experts will be affected in this days left for d year end..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2015
MonitorinSpirit:
Myjoy085 is not Locodmy. The person behind the moniker: either Franktalk1 or Angrybull.
what of you? you're not a newbie.
who is behind MonitorinSpirit ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2015
ufotty2001:
the way bad news dey come out today.. be like say them be accumulate d news keep for today even all d JiJo experts will be affected in this days left for d year end..

There is nothing like bad news.All these news have been there already.The market has nothing but to go up in these last few days.Gradually you will understand how Nigerian market works.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2015
zendi:
what of you? you're not a newbie. who is behind MonitorinSpirit ?
Ask peterichy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2015
http://www.businessinsider.com/russai-says-saudi-arabia-destabilized-oil-market-2015-12?r=UK&IR=T

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has destabilized the global oil market by increasing production, TASS news agency quoted Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak as saying on Monday.

"Saudi Arabia has this year increased production by 1.5 million barrels per day, thus effectively destabilizing the situation on the market," Novak was quoted as saying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2015
locodemy:

Ask peterichy
PETERiCHY looks too busy demarketing the market to have time for such pranks.

(sorry, modified)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2015
zendi:
PETERiCHY looks too busy demarketing the market to engage in such pranks.

pls help us fish the spirit out

(1) (2) (3) ... (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) ... (7737) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hajicairo(m), chuksnnaemeka, ZikkyChops(m), Locotrader(m), KayOn1, 222Martins(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.