Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953875 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2013
transcorp is rebounding today as it formed a tweezer.although am measuring some weakness in sentiment but should increase with almost five percent.i've not done analysis for some time now but still have some in memory.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2013
Kashif:
Bros, if you call speculation gambling then am afraid you are greatly mistaken. In stock, you gamble when you buy junk stocks hoping to make quick gains.

I have held stocks since 2008 till date. Have they appreciated? Pathetic no! Holding junk equity over years does not turn it into gold. Smart 'investing' is not about how long you hold your position, but the yield. What shall it profit you to hold a stock for two years when it has never moved in the last 18 months? It does not make sense to me.

Pull out any fundamentally strong stock and look at its technicals over the last year. You will never find a straight slope.

To answer your question. If I make 30% (or less) on a single stock, what follows depends on what I see on the charts.

You all seem to miss part of my last post. I do not have need for the money in January, but I cant hold any one stock if I buy now, past then, unless I see room. The fund is there indefinitely, with the intention of increasing it even. Vex ke? for my oga? You want make he sack me??

I am here to learn from the gurus, but I am not a novice.

Behind every stock is a company, try and understand the company, management and the industry you invest in, the stock price of the company you invest in is just one part of the equation. Shrewd investors based on the cash-flow that can be generated from the the investment.
As a value investor if the price of a fundamentally good stock which I have interest in goes down, I will definitely buy more of the stock.

A lot of us were madly bullish in 2008, you need to ask yourself what value did you see in the stock you bought in 2008 that made you buy at the price you bought. A banking stock selling at a PE of over 40 in 2008 may be termed expensive, you would have done well rather buying a NB stock for N40, Nestle for around N200, Presco at N10 etc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2013
stockbull: transcorp is rebounding today as it formed a tweezer.although am measuring some weakness in sentiment but should increase with almost five percent.i've not done analysis for some time now but still have some in memory.

I think the future looks bright for Transcorp.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2013
Every good investors needs to learn how to value a company. I will advice every investor to read Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham., and Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:50am On Oct 18, 2013
manie: Every good investors needs to learn how to value a company. I will advice every investor to read Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham., and Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd.

Investors make money when they buy, while speculators hope to make money when they sell. A value investor looks forward to having cheaper stock prices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2013
A good company can sell at a bad price, while a bad company can sell at a good price. I remember a bad company selling at a good price of less than N1.00 in 2006 based on the company's fundamentals. A group of new investors invested in this company, raised more funds through right offer that sold at N0.85k in 2006 and turned around the company, as we speak the stock is selling around N20.00 giving an annualised return of about 60% between 2006 and 2013.

The company is International Brewery Ilesha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2013
ihedioramma: are you buying it now or have u?

I offloaded my Oando prior to the Ibori saga. Now that the dust is getting settled, I may start accumulating soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2013
Elai147:

I offloaded my Oando prior to the Ibori saga. Now that the dust is getting settled, I may start accumulating soon.

Oando may be another International Brewery. I guess the management of Oando have learnt their lessons.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2013
9free:
Eterna is a good speculative stock if and only if you can get it at N1.5 - N1.9
@B2bR, Their debt to equity ratio dey make afraid fear me.

Na that N1.5 junction I dey wait for am. Wetin concern you with their debt to equity ratio? Abi you wan keep am for long term?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2013
Has the Cashcraft suspension been lifted?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
stockbull: new friends should not forget to read the first page before taking any stock recommendation very important.the stock market understand herself more than any body.
I guess I shld streamline myself with her for informed decision. One think iv noticed in NSE is that some stocks rise out of sentiment, but speculators are always waiting to cash in on that to stop the upward trend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
I am looking the way of NASCON N9, FBNH N11 they have history of good dividend and maybe oando N10 ,transcorp N1 & skybank 50K. I just pray it falls to those prices. I am still eyeing okomu though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
SWG 1: I am looking the way of NASCON N9, FBNH N11 they have history of good dividend and maybe oando N10 ,transcorp N1 & skybank 50K. I just pray it falls to those prices. I am still eyeing okomu though.
you people will never allow me to stop laughing and thinking about past life.faith,hope and guess will never work in stock market.also,the most difficult thing in stock biz is arriving at conclusion.can u even buy when it suddenly get to those prices.do u think low price is naturally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
I did 1 to 5 years technical analysis of Transcorp and discovered it just started coming down from the resistance level. I'm am amateur though. I love to buy again after selling over a week ago with about 40% gain. The gurus should kindly lend their voice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
stockbull: you people will never allow me to stop laughing and thinking about past life.faith,hope and guess will never work in stock market.also,the most difficult thing in stock biz is arriving at conclusion.can u even buy when it suddenly get to those prices.do u think low price is naturally.

All these prices .. FBNH @ 11 , skye bank at 50k , Is it possible ? Well make we dey watch sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Kashif:

So tell me if selling recharge card is not better....

Lol....................... TB na F for my side.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
ucheson2: Come on bros I dont mean it that way. Ok never mind the moment I take my Oando profit I will buy a bottle of 7up each for you and manie.

For wetin na?

Abeg, na dom baron de rothschild lafite pauillac haut medoc bordeaux france wine we dey drink.. smiley smiley

E no too expensive.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
9free:
Eterna is a good speculative stock if and only if you can get it at N1.5 - N1.9
@B2bR, Their debt to equity ratio dey make afraid fear me.

Elai147:

Na that N1.5 junction I dey wait for am. Wetin concern you with their debt to equity ratio? Abi you wan keep am for long term?

If eterna mistakenly fall to N1.9 i go highjack am..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
FO and Conoil are on rampage on the nse..whats the big deal with Conoil
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
stockbull: you people will never allow me to stop laughing and thinking about past life.faith,hope and guess will never work in stock market.also,the most difficult thing in stock biz is arriving at conclusion.can u even buy when it suddenly get to those prices.do u think low price is naturally.
im laughing alongside wit u oga stock bull, but remember the market has a mind of its own.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Born 2be Rich: FO and Conoil are on rampage on the nse..whats the big deal with Conoil

No be small something person dey see... Check out the Gap trading for these stocks...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
SWG 1: I am looking the way of NASCON N9, FBNH N11 they have history of good dividend and maybe oando N10 ,transcorp N1 & skybank 50K. I just pray it falls to those prices. I am still eyeing okomu though.

The only one that is likely here is Oando. But bros make you have mercy on Skybank na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Elai147:

The only one that is likely here is Oando. But bros make you have mercy on Skybank na.
I will after december, then it can crawl to N2 if it wants. As for first bank, n Nascon iv hired a bulldozer. I fit even leave the grasses(OANDO) for some other ppl.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Toluway: I did 1 to 5 years technical analysis of Transcorp and discovered it just started coming down from the resistance level. I'm am amateur though. I love to buy again after selling over a week ago with about 40% gain. The gurus should kindly lend their voice.
is this d same Tolu of kobomart i knw?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
So-brit:

is this d same Tolu of kobomart i knw?
Na him. The bros like money die!!!!!
Lol.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
9free:
Na him. The bros like money die!!!!!
Lol.....
lolz . I go catch am for in-house
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
manie:

Behind every stock is a company, try and understand the company, management and the industry you invest in, the stock price of the company you invest in is just one part of the equation. Shrewd investors based on the cash-flow that can be generated from the the investment.
As a value investor if the price of a fundamentally good stock which I have interest in goes down, I will definitely buy more of the stock.

A lot of us were madly bullish in 2008, you need to ask yourself what value did you see in the stock you bought in 2008 that made you buy at the price you bought. A banking stock selling at a PE of over 40 in 2008 may be termed expensive, you would have done well rather buying a NB stock for N40, Nestle for around N200, Presco at N10 etc.

I sincerely appreciate your opinion and some of it makes sense. I just want to comment about the banking stocks in 2008. A lot of people that knew how to analyse the market fell victim as well not because they didn't know p/e or dividend yield and the like. The problem was that the analysis was done on fraudulents annual reports and financial statements. This is still my problem with Nigerian stocks. I don't trust some of the CEOs and Directors. They are opportunist and they walk on anybody to get to the top. In other countries, though the CEO and CFO can cook books as well, but hardly would they escape jail term. In Nigeria you know the answer yourself. My advise is that whosoever want to buy and hold stocks for values, do your research on the Directors and CEO of the company. If you can trust them, then believe their company and what they stand for.

Personally, I trust the current Chairman of Transcorp and I believe you can't lose your money if you invest in the company now. Please I am not recommending the company. Moreover I have sold their stocks in my portfolio as my target had been reached. I think what you see is what you get. Again brodas perhaps sista in the room, do more research about the value investment in Nigeria. Nigeria is different from America.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Dis is daydreaming.skye at 0.5. Bros u ar callin for anoda melt down whic we will not vote for.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Krisuba: Dis is daydreaming.skye at 0.5. Bros u ar callin for anoda melt down whic we will not vote for.
Bros sufree oo! Dont worry it will stil climb to N2. AND wrong wit NEM this yr.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
manie: Every good investors needs to learn how to value a company. I will advice every investor to read Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.[/b], and Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd.

For those of us who wants to read Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham click the link below
http://www.amazon.com/The-Intelligent-Investor-Practical-Counsel/dp/0060155477#reader_0060155477
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

For wetin na?

Abeg, na dom baron de rothschild lafite pauillac haut medoc bordeaux france wine we dey drink.. smiley smiley

E no too expensive.
hahaha........ bros u no dose ones r not listed on nse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), Trone, Amaa2019(m), ayufun, lexy2lexy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.