Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953208 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hello guys. I intend to start investing in the stock market as soon as possible and i need help. i just started working so i want to save as much as i can while i can. i want to start off with N100,000

Please i need help with
1. A good stockbroking firm or stock broker
2. Shares i should invest in

Nestle looks so tempting but i obviously cant afford anything substantial. Unity bank cannot get any worse unless the bank crashes and i want to buy transcorp as soon as yesterday or else i can see myself regretting very soon. i want OANDO also but I cant tell how long it will take for them to rise again. i'll invest another 150k by March next year. God willing......and if i don't become materialistic

I recently started following the market but i'm very interested. Please advise
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
be kiaful n only invest the monies you don't need at all only!

Rawdeal: Hello guys. I intend to start investing in the stock market as soon as possible and i need help. i just started working so i want to save as much as i can while i can. i want to start off with N100,000

Please i need help with

Nestle looks so tempting but i obviously cant afford anything substantial. Unity bank cannot get any worse unless the bank crashes and i want to buy transcorp as soon as yesterday or else i can see myself regretting very soon. i want OANDO also but I cant tell how long it will take for them to rise again. i'll invest another 150k by March next year. God willing......and if i don't become materialistic

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Born 2be Rich: So after OANDO and NESTLE...which stock is the one that we can quickly position in before the ride?? Where @petaling? make im come tell us wetin im girlfriend say on this one..we need more people that can share information here on this forum cheesy
C&I OR UBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
ihedioramma: C&I OR UBA
Am looking at UBA Capital.....though the train may not take till January 2014. Am just waiting for Oga's in the house to let it slide down to N1.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
9free:
Am looking at UBA Capital.....though the train may not take till January 2014. Am just waiting for Oga's in the house to let it slide down to N1.

I know investors love to hate unitybank but some invisible forces might drag the bus up-north
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
I'm just imagining a #100k invesment in nestle. Only about 80 shares. Chai these guys badt o. I'd rather go for Oando since its only just about to start the upward journey. I dey fear Transcorp, since it might take some years before they start paying dividends(given the number and amount of loan they have taken, and the fact that they are also planning on new investments) some may become impatient and begin to shed their shares leadin to a fall in price. Or what do you think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emorse(m): 12:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Cashcraft oooooooo!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:56am On Nov 21, 2013
9free:
am talking of uba hold co
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:03am On Nov 21, 2013
SWG 1:
I know investors love to hate unitybank but some invisible forces might drag the bus up-north
UNITYBANK OR WEMA? AM SORRY BANK PHB,AFRIBANK E.T.C ARE MY EXAMPLE IF THIS STOCKS ARE ALIVE I WILL JUST BE RICH AS 9FREE OR BORN 2BE RICH I LOST SO MUCH I WILL NOT TRY IT ANY MORE. SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING ECOBANK WANTS TO TALK OVER ONE OF THIS BANKS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:43am On Nov 21, 2013
Rawdeal: Hello guys. I intend to start investing in the stock market as soon as possible and i need help. i just started working so i want to save as much as i can while i can. i want to start off with N100,000

Please i need help with

Only invest money you can afford to lose. Try meristem (www.meritrade.com). What you need now is to grow your capital so that you can take long term positions in the future. You can still join the Transcorp ride and make profit. Oando is also on the move, if u have the courage you may join the train too but be at alert to know when to exit these trades. This is just my opinion- you have the final decision. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Mpeace :
I'm just imagining a #100k invesment in nestle. Only about 80 shares. Chai these guys badt o. I'd rather go for Oando since its only just about to start the upward journey. I dey fear Transcorp, since it might take some years before they start paying dividends(given the number and amount of loan they have taken, and the fact that they are also planning on new investments) some may become impatient and begin to shed their shares leadin to a fall in price. Or what do you think?

You are right-it may take long before Transcorp will start paying dividends- but in the meantime you can use it for capital appreciation if you are not ready to take your long term position yet. Bonuses may also not be likely any time soon as they already have too many shares in issue (though share buy-back may be a possibility). It requires a great deal of boldness and caution to benefit greatly from Oando. A lot of investors here are taking positions in this stock in anticipation of the completion of COP deal, hopefully by the end of the month/year. Investment in the stock market is all about hope regardless of whether we are going for short, mid or long term. We can only pray for God's guidance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by henrimoto(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2013
9free:
No be only you ooooohhhhh
I get 200K units of UnionHomes, 200K units of BecoPet, and 150K units of DaarCom for my longest tie portfolio. Na these yeye stocks I use welcome myself into the NSE in 2008.
I don find buyers tire for those stocks since then but I no see. I just simply moved them into my longest time portfolio for my grand grand children. grin
The current newbies into the NSE dey lucky well well as dem dey learn from our past mistakes.
hahahahaha.....daar communications plc. 5 naira times ...... yeye company, even after 5 years of their IPO, no sign of a better tomorrow. we still dey hear say the company dey hold big gbesee. abegi!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by henrimoto(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

I dont mind if you will sell ur gtbank shares to me for N5..i go buy am from ur hand.
hahahahahaha.... bros, you fit buy 1 million units ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2013

Please i need help with

Nestle looks so tempting but i obviously cant afford anything substantial. Unity bank cannot get any worse unless the bank crashes and i want to buy transcorp as soon as yesterday or else i can see myself regretting very soon. i want OANDO also but..... Please advise
Since u r nw I ll advice that u concentrate on blue chip stocks with long term value, they r still d 1s dat have been benefitial even for short term. Nestle and Oando r good, unity is a wrong choice u dont want 2 gamble with ur money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 7:38am On Nov 21, 2013
You may also check out page 136 of this thread second to the last comment there listed some blue chip stocks you can select..... You need to gain balance first before ..... You just started working you dont want to loose your N100,000, Probably you frist save
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2013
Why is it that some stocks have a PE RATIO running into negative. Does that mean they made loses the previous year. Are they safe for longterm buying.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Guys, kindly exercise caution on Unity bank stock, the rally and appreciation there is IRO take over of UNITY by another bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2013
ihedioramma: UNITYBANK OR WEMA? AM SORRY BANK PHB,AFRIBANK E.T.C ARE MY EXAMPLE IF THIS STOCKS ARE ALIVE I WILL JUST BE RICH AS 9FREE OR BORN 2BE RICH I LOST SO MUCH I WILL NOT TRY IT ANY MORE. SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING ECOBANK WANTS TO TALK OVER ONE OF THIS BANKS.

A whole Oga at the top like you were get mansion for banana iceland, you wan come here dey code abi? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2013
henrimoto: hahahahahaha.... bros, you fit buy 1 million units ?

Na just my usual 2,000units i need smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Nigeria gets $100m loan for power supply

2. SEC Restates Commitment to Protect Investors

3. Big CAPs boost market further, key benchmark jumps by 559.78bpt

4. JOSBREW breaths fresh air after 10-wk heat, sets for a new rally

5. DANGFLOUR declares N7.22b loss in 9M '13 result

6. FBN Capital expects modest multiple expansion in equities in 2014

Source: @proshare

Enjoy. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2013
first i'm advised to buy stock, then i'm advised not to, then i'm advised to buy with only money i'm willing to give away. smh.

it's just that i'm at a point in life where i can afford to save. i dont want to just bury money in the bank

I think i like Meristem. i dont have the energy to pester stockbrokers with endless calls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
pls i hav made a purchase order for oando and eterna but till now dey re not available..wat do i do? which good shares can i buy dat is available cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Aks: Guys, kindly exercise caution on Unity bank stock, the rally and appreciation there is IRO take over of UNITY by another bank.
So ure saying, i cant sell if i am to buy it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2013
SWG 1:
So ure saying, i cant sell if i am to buy it?
Sure you can if you are smart investor but SEC might place the shares on suspension at anytime
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FINMGR: 11:19am On Nov 21, 2013
you can PM me , we are a reputable stockbroker- ECL Asset Management Limited

Please i need help with

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Akinmail: Why is it that some stocks have a PE RATIO running into negative. Does that mean they made loses the previous year. Are they safe for longterm buying.

Look at it from the equation: P/E, if the company has been losing money, earnings (E) will be negative and when you have negative earnings that means the P/E ratio will be negative. However, you don't usually see it reported as negative because in finance it is not acceptable, the same way it is impossible to see a negative stock price. so the negative P/E can be reported as N/A, NIL, etc. So if you are buying into such a company with a long term view it means you are hoping things will turn around for the company and that they may go back to profitability.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2013
Elai147:

Look at it from the equation: P/E, if the company has been losing money, earnings (E) will be negative and when you have negative earnings that means the P/E ratio will be negative. However, you don't usually see it reported as negative because in finance it is not acceptable, the same way it is impossible to see a negative stock price. so the negative P/E can be reported as N/A, NIL, etc. So if you are buying into such a company with a long term view it means you are hoping things will turn around for the company and that they may go back to profitability.
Gracias, so on point and in a lay man's language
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Rawdeal: first i'm advised to buy stock, then i'm advised not to, then i'm advised to buy with only money i'm willing to give away. smh.

it's just that i'm at a point in life where i can afford to save. i dont want to just bury money in the bank

I think i like Meristem. i dont have the energy to pester stockbrokers with endless calls

The best thing for you to do is to read some books. There is a new thread by Stockbull in the investment section (Business/investment Book Directory by stockbull). There are links to E-books that you can download and enjoy. This will enable you make investment decisions yourself. To be very successful in this trade, you have to be the CEO of your investment portfolio and make decisions yourself. This doesn't mean you should not seek advice when you need one. Meanwhile, there are other safe but less profitable investment like Treasury bills in case you are scared of losing your capital because that is the truth- in stock market you can lose your capital. So please be sure you know what you are doing and don't put all your money in stock market. Hope you find this useful.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mascotlawman: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2013
please anyone with information about cashcraft asset management? I have a lot of transactions with them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Aks:
Sure you can if you are smart investor but SEC might place the shares on suspension at anytime

And when the suspension has been placed on the stock, the next thing that may follow is for almighty ETI to perform share reconstruction because that is what they know how to do best. There is no mercy for the shareholders of the coy they acquire.

Abeg oga Ess what is the current situation of our Oando and Transcorp? Any 10% gain today?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Elai147:

And when the suspension has been placed on the stock, the next thing that may follow is for almighty ETI to perform share reconstruction because that is what they know how to do best. There is no mercy for the shareholders of the coy they acquire.

Abeg oga Ess what is the current situation of our Oando and Transcorp? Any 10% gain today?
[b]

bros.. we are still on course.. no shaking..10% gain!!grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
Elai147:

My brother it is swinging oh today. There was a massive 100m cross deal today. It shook the price down. Let's see whether it will go back to the 10% again before closure.
Oando at around 7%
Transcorp at 10%

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jaybee3(m), Freespirit89(m), rebekah2011(m), dapix, Diyke4rich, Mpeace(m), leparj(m), mails4funshi(m), robobo, NettyNelly(m), LILBIMS and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.