Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,137 members, 7,852,864 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11040495 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (7806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
History is about to repeat itself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
9free: Whatever is moving Eterna Oil should please remember Japaul(Jegede) Oil
Japaul will soon leave the car park, may be late in December, plz accumulate more of it if you can! Remember, this Privatization of Nat. Refineries is in the pipeline and that means more push for Japaul. I won't be suprised if Beco also leaves the car park soon!
I warned investors of Oando yesterday coz so many people are in a hurry to dump that stock. Transcorp passengers should not be greedy plz! Selling it will be a big problem bcoz of investors' fears of their debt burden! So if you are buying Transcorp now, just have the long term in mind.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
feelamong:

Bros well done o!
I can remember that you said this same thing when Nestle was N800 a couple of months ago in SMN.....
Today Nestle is going for N1200....

Nestle is a good company, but there is a whole lot of difference between a good company and a good stock price, I can buy a bad company if it is selling at a very price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Nestle is a good company, but there is a whole lot of difference between a good company and a good stock price, I can buy a bad company if it is selling at a very price.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oga ewumi, OYO on the bolded oooohhhh.
For me and my household, We buy good [size=14pt]companies at a very very discounted price[/size].
Happy investing.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
9free:
NEM on full speed: 10%
OandO decelerating as Oga feelamong don drop [size=14pt]10Million units [/size]

Hahaha...bros na only half of my holding wey I don drop off o!.....d tin na tasere units self..

I believe that there will be a price reversal soonest...my holding cost at d moment self don drop to 11.79 as I sell half of my holding...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
ucheson2: You've sounded like my formal stockbroker which firm now defunct. In 2008 when I wanted to buy N300,000 worth of Nestle at N100/unit he ask me similar question when ll nestle get to N200 ..... I finally bought 200units of Nestle worth with N20,000+ & and with his advice I pured the rest into the so call 'peny' stock e.g capoil etc. Two weeks later SEC suspended most of them freed some after 1 week, in 2day it became the turn NSE to delist them..... The remaining 1s have remain at their car park ever since e.g capoil from N13 to 50k others died natural death e.g finbank to mention a few. But my N2000+ Nestle has recovered 4 me all my loses via price appreciation, bonuses & dividends a has also made more profits 4 me. What killed the stockbroking firm? 'peny' stocks..... Gud luck 'mr pany stocks'.

stockbrokers are the wrongest group to take investment advice from o!
Most of them know Naaathing, in addition they are an interested party, whether you gain or loose, as far as you trade, they make commissions, so ; "Wetin concern them?"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
Even unity is moving..please what's driving livestock and how far can it go
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mashaun(m): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
gosj:
Japaul will soon leave the car park, may be late in December, plz accumulate more of it if you can! Remember, this Privatization of Nat. Refineries is in the pipeline and that means more push for Japaul. I won't be suprised if Beco also leaves the car park soon!
I warned investors of Oando yesterday coz so many people are in a hurry to dump that stock. Transcorp passengers should not be greedy plz! Selling it will be a big problem bcoz of investors' fears of their debt burden! So if you are buying Transcorp now, just have the long term in mind.

I am interested in this Journey.

Please can you shed more light on Japaul and privitization of refineries that is on the way.

I have some units that i have abandoned at the garage.

I wish to acquire more if there is going to be hope sooner.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=datovid ]Even unity is moving..please what's driving livestock and how far can it go[/quote
By the time your eyes are able to see its push, the bus wud have been full.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
datovid :
Even unity is moving..please what's driving livestock and how far can it go

New investors are interested in Unity Bank, dats why its moving
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=gosj][/quote]
somebody must be trying so hard to control the money in circulation. cos i don't get all this magic stocks that are skyrocketing in prices towards the end of the year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mehnnnnnn, Oando fall my hand today o, so surprised @ d fall. I had to offload a good chunk of the shares in my portfolio today and plan to re-enter again next week @ a reasonable price of like N12 cos N22 is still d destination. I know the fall will still take toll on monday and prob tuesday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
SWG 1:
somebody must be trying so hard to control the money in circulation. cos i don't get all this magic stocks that are skyrocketing in prices towards the end of the year.
My bro when the big boys of NSE are interested in a particular stock then, all those boarding the flight are in for a ride!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Aks: Mehnnnnnn, Oando fall my hand today o, so surprised @ d fall. I had to offload a good chunk of the shares in my portfolio today and plan to re-enter again next week @ a reasonable price of like N12 cos N22 is still d destination. I know the fall will still take toll on monday and prob tuesday
Oando is coming down in obedience to the law of demand and supply. Am afraid this law will make its price to nose-dive for a while!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
T-john:

New investors are interested in Unity Bank, dats why its moving
My Sis this speculation has been around for a while now without any concrete proof to back it up on the tabloids. So dont be caught in the web oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
9free:
NEM on full speed: 10%
OandO decelerating as Oga feelamong don drop [size=14pt]10Million units [/size]

No wonder... Anyway E good because as him don sell finish that means the stock go fit get breathing space now to continue its northward movement.

9free: Whatever is moving Eterna Oil should please remember Japaul(Jegede) Oil

Amen ooo. This end of year miracle must not bypass Japaul oil.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
Whether OANDO closes the ConocoPhilips' deal or not, the most realistic investment horizon for that stock is not less than 18 months. TRANSCORP and others might get into new Gas Supply Agreements with OANDO in the medium term.

Someone recently speculated in this space that TRANSCORP will do a stock buyback. This is very unlikely considering they need all the capital they can get to get Ughelli running at full capacity before eventually reaching their megawatt projections.

UACN is a great company to watch out for. The recent stake acquisition by Famous Brands of SA is a pointer.

I'm long LIVESTOCK. Started out with 20,000 units during the correction cycle that started in late July.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by henrimoto(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
@9free, born 2b rich, elai147, and co. pls. what is the EPS of prestige assurance for 2012' financial year ? biko, help!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
henrimoto: @9free, born 2b rich, elai147, and co. pls. what is the EPS of prestige assurance for 2012' financial year ? biko, help!

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/PRESTIGE%20ASSURANCE%20PLC%20-%2031.12.%202012.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dexterax: Whether OANDO closes the ConocoPhilips' deal or not, the most realistic investment horizon for that stock is not less than 18 months. TRANSCORP and others might get into new Gas Supply Agreements with OANDO in the medium term.

Someone recently speculated in this space that TRANSCORP will do a stock buyback. This is very unlikely considering they need all the capital they can get to get Ughelli running at full capacity before eventually reaching their megawatt projections.

UACN is a great company to watch out for. The recent stake acquisition by Famous Brands of SA is a pointer.

I'm long LIVESTOCK. Started out with 20,000 units during the correction cycle that started in late July.
With the completion of the correction, UACN force and the NSE factor might push the price of Livestock to an unprecedented peak.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dexterax: Whether OANDO closes the ConocoPhilips' deal or not, the most realistic investment horizon for that stock is not less than 18 months. TRANSCORP and others might get into new Gas Supply Agreements with OANDO in the medium term.

Dont forget that Oando currently has some producing asset (~5000 barrels/day). Assuming they're able to close the cop deal today, it will raise their production level right away. This will have positive impact on their consequent cash flow, earnings and quaterly/ fiscal year guidance. They dont have to wait 18 months to see the impact of the deal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
gosj:
With the completion of the correction, UACN force and the NSE factor might push the price of Livestock to an unprecedented peak.

It was the same sentiment that pumped the price to 7.18 back in june.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by qizick: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
uche son2: History is about to repeat itself.

Wat history pls do enterna pay divident
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
courage89:

Dont forget that Oando currently has some producing asset (~5000 barrels/day). Assuming they're able to close the cop deal today, it will raise their production level right away. This will have positive impact on their consequent cash flow, earnings and quaterly/ fiscal year guidance. They dont have to wait 18 months to see the impact of the deal.

Company profits and losses relate in a non-linear way to asset changes. Like someone said, obvious prospects for growth in a business do not translate into obvious profits for investors. For instance, what is the current condition of the oil assets in play? Will they start producing immediately the deal is sealed? How will the interest rate decisions by the Fed affect the interest payments on Oando's dollar-denominated debt? ..........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dexterax:

Company profits and losses relate in a non-linear way to asset changes. Like someone said, obvious prospects for growth in a business do not translate into obvious profits for investors. For instance, what is the current condition of the oil assets in play? Will they start producing immediately the deal is sealed? How will the interest rate decisions by the Fed affect the interest payments on Oando's dollar-denominated debt? ..........

Yes, they are suppose to start producing right away after the deal. Part of the assets in play are producing assets, and should contribute to current fy revenue, assuming they can finalize the deal on time.

Why should that be a problem. I don't think fx risk is an issue here, considering crude oil is sold in dollar (upstream business). And if it is, i want to believe management will have an hedge in place to mitigate the risk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Abeg CAP plc interim dividend don shele for anybody account? Payment date was 19 November.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Elai147: Abeg CAP plc interim dividend don shele for anybody account? Payment date was 19 November.
PLS GIVE ME THE TWO SITE U USE TO GET PRICE LIST EVERY DAY?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2013
ihedioramma: PLS GIVE ME THE TWO SITE U USE TO GET PRICE LIST EVERY DAY?

http://trw-stockbrokers.com/nsetoday.aspx

http://www.cashcraft.com/plistorder.php
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Aks: Mehnnnnnn, Oando fall my hand today o, so surprised @ d fall. I had to offload a good chunk of the shares in my portfolio today and plan to re-enter again next week @ a reasonable price of like N12 cos N22 is still d destination. I know the fall will still take toll on monday and prob tuesday

I bet you may not see this stock buy at N14.5. Was told by my broker that there are so much bid for Oando at N15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Elai147:

http://trw-stockbrokers.com/nsetoday.aspx

http://www.cashcraft.com/plistorder.php

http://www.nsepro.com/nigeria%20stock%20market/nigerian%20stock%20exchange%20full%20daily%20report.asp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Odutodaiwa: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2013
House, I find it very difficult to forgive myself. I sold 1,100,000Units of Transcorp at N1.80 some 3-4weeks back. The thing dey make me depressed as I dey calculate my loss everyday the price rises.

E be like say most stocks in my portfolio dey wait for me make I exit before they appreciate. I dey think say someone don swear for me because I used to be stubborn as a young boy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (7806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talktofemi, Mills55, RoyalP101(m), Curiouscity(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.