Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10966768 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:31am On Dec 15, 2013
Fellow investors somebody has been repeatedly telling us here that Transcorps will soon go into re-construction. The fundamentals are ok and I intend taking a position. But i am worried by this re construction alert. Pls my ogas what do you say ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Honestly, I don't know where this guy got his information from, but as far as am concerned transcorp is always a good buy. I bought 2 million units on Friday. Some people do misinform others and let them make mistakes just for nothing. Please follow your heart and do as you are led. I see transcorp appreciate to 10 naira soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Toluway: Fellow investors somebody has been repeatedly telling us here that Transcorps will soon go into re-construction. The fundamentals are ok and I intend taking a position. But i am worried by this re construction alert. Pls my ogas what do you say ?

My recommendation is a quip from George Soros; "Money is made by discounting the obvious and betting on the unexpected." Every investor on nairaland might have a single view of Transcorp's future while the set of real outcomes may turn out to be practically infinite...Probabilities are not constant. Lemme give you one scenario to play with which is not a remote possibility: Transcorp, to a great extent, is wrapped around Mr. T's thumb and of course he's a nice guy and I wish him well, but if anything happens to him...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dumexoga: Honestly, I don't know where this guy got his information from, but as far as am concerned transcorp is always a good
buy.

transcorps has over 38billion units of outstanding shares for now and they need to raise cash for their power project.how are they going to do it.the likly options are 1:reconstruct the overbloated shares and comeback with a P.O or RIGHTS, 2:directly issue new shares through P.O or RIGHTS + existing 38billion 3;raise debt.( or a combination of all the alternatives)

I bought 2 million units on Friday. Some people do misinform others and let them make mistakes just for nothing. Please follow your heart and do as you are led. I see transcorp appreciate to 10 naira soon

there is a cavert in every opinion expressed here,goodluck with your newly acquired 2million units of transcorps(N8MILL : cool coolcool TIME WILL TELL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Toluway: Fellow investors somebody has been repeatedly telling us here that Transcorps will soon go into re-construction. The fundamentals are ok and I intend taking a position. But i am worried by this re construction alert. Pls my ogas what do you say ?

reconstruction per-se doesnt affect the value of your holdings in a company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
SWG 1:
thanks for the analysis, UPL seems to be illiquid

thats why i said its a div stock ,i bought mine in tranches.
the last div of 35k can serve as a guide in calculating the max entre price.

HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
hbrednic:

reconstruction per-se doesnt affect the value of your holdings in a company.
Reconstruction is a destroyer of investment.

Whenever I remember IEI reconstructions and the effect on my holding, I feel real bad. Can you imagine having a million units of stocks and after reconstruction of 4:!, your holding becomes 25k units. Forget the high price of the stock before the reconstruction because immediately after every reconstruction, the price of the stock will start falling and you will not be able to sell. At the end of the day, you end up with heavy loss. My brother, I fear reconstruction more than anything. Better my stock remain at car park without affecting my shareholding o. grin That's me, anyway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
@Jamace- it depens on the shares u are Holding. I remembered UBA did reconstuction while consolidating all their business entities based on CBN directive and this led to price increase without affecting the holder's equity. I allign with hbdrenic position.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Follow ur intuition and understand ur risk apetite, I just bought on friday and I'm confident by thurs I would have gained close to 20%. As a comfort, I just read BGL analysis of Transcorp shares in this day newspaer of today recommending BUY and putting a price of N7.01 in the short to medium term investment. It's a good buy anytime. I know d share will b a scarce commodity tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aks:
Follow ur intuition and understand ur risk apetite, I just bought on friday and I'm confident by thurs I would have gained close to 20%. As a comfort, I just read BGL analysis of Transcorp shares in this day newspaer of today recommending BUY and putting a price of N7.01 in the short to medium term investment. It's a good buy anytime. I know d share will b a scarce commodity tomorrow

You are on your own, BGL is the issuing house to the right offer of Transcorp. Tony once worked at BGL, before he was seconded to Crystal bank that later turned to standard trust bank, which later merge with UBA. Tony is a shareholder in BGL, BGL can not give you an unbiased analysis about Transcorp
y

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
jamace: Reconstruction is a destroyer of investment.

Whenever I remember IEI reconstructions and the effect on my holding, I feel real bad. Can you imagine having a million units of stocks and after reconstruction of 4:!, your holding becomes 25k units. Forget the high price of the stock before the reconstruction because immediately after every reconstruction, the price of the stock will start falling and you will not be able to sell. At the end of the day, you end up with heavy loss. My brother, I fear reconstruction more than anything. Better my stock remain at car park without affecting my shareholding o. grin That's me, anyway.
All the reconstruction my shares ever witnessed in the past was counterproductive and disasterous to my holding.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by civilserva: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

You are on your own, BGL is the issuing house to the right offer of Transcorp. Tony once worked at BGL, before he was seconded to Crystal bank that later turned to standard trust bank, which later merge with UBA. Tony is a shareholder in BGL, BGL can not give you an unbiased analysis about Transcorp
y

On point.

The buy or sell recommendations you get from these firms serve their interest. You'll be given buy recommendation when they want to drive up the price and offload their holdings and sell recommendation when they want to buy to increase their holdings. Just compare the recommendations on one stock from three different firms and you'll get the point. Mind you no firm will see a gold mine in the stock market and broadcast it to the world. Always do your own research and compare with others.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
As an investor, you weigh diff analysis and not just buy blindly. The analysis of BGL and proshare has always work for me interms of decision making and that's y I put it up to guide willing minds. I don't miss Thisday papers on sunday cos of BGL analysis and Simon Kolawole's column. 1 man's poison is another man's food. I'll recommend Transcorp shares for anybody anytime anyday QED
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by clip: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aks: As an investor, you weigh diff analysis and not just buy blindly. The analysis of BGL and proshare has always work for me interms of decision making and that's y I put it up to guide willing minds. I don't miss Thisday papers on sunday cos of BGL analysis and Simon Kolawole's column. 1 man's poison is another man's food. I'll recommend Transcorp shares for anybody anytime anyday QED
What fundamental do Transcorp has that you recommend them?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by economia: 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
MY HOLDING IN COSTAIN IS NOW DOWN BY 30%, I BOUGHT IT WITH NO MUCH CALCULATION. ACTUALLY I HAVE BEEN IN MARKET TO SELL FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW BUT KNOW BUYER. PLEASE ADVISE ME EITHER TO SELL OR NOT TO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Google transcorp and see their investment in Oil and gas, Power and Energy, Hospitability businees and Agric sector. See their financials, u'll c d facts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Do you know what? There are people in this world who will always be scared of taking risk but they want to be rich. I have been on his stock issue for over 6 years now I don't take recommendations from no one. I do my research and come out with answers. Transcorp is a good buy anyway. Some people will sit down and analyse share reconstruction, while the wise ones take position. Watch and see what will happen tomorrow. As for those scared of buying transcorp, I wish you well, but I am so sure of smiling to the bank this week. One love
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020love: 6:38am On Dec 16, 2013
Eee done tay when I day fear to buy transcorp shares. The outstanding number of shares it has it so so much.
If naa only transcorp shares remain for market I'd prefer to put my money in my bank savings account or use my money start business
Note_ this advice is for those playing stock market for the long term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2013
Dumexoga: Do you know what? There are people in this world who will always be scared of taking risk but they want to be rich. I have been on his stock issue for over 6 years now I don't take recommendations from no one. I do my research and come out with answers. Transcorp is a good buy anyway. Some people will sit down and analyse share reconstruction, while the wise ones take position. Watch and see what will happen tomorrow. As for those scared of buying transcorp, I wish you well, but I am so sure of smiling to the bank this week. One love

It is very obvious that speculators have forgotten what happened to them between 2007 and 2008. A bad stock can increase in price, but on the long run water will always find its level.

I am aware of the investments made by Transcorp, but as a value investor and someone who invests based on a company's fundamentals and i do not think I can invest in buy more of Transcop shares at the current price. Guys are buying based on hope and market sentiments, there are stable, steady income generating stocks to buy rather than Transcorp. That is my own view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2013
ogbs2020love: Eee done tay when I day fear to buy transcorp shares. The outstanding number of shares it has it so so much.
If naa only transcorp shares remain for market I'd prefer to put my money in my bank savings account or use my money start business
Note_ this advice is for[b] those playing stock market for the long term[/b]

I am in the same boat with you my brother.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2013
Yes oooo, e better for you to leave your money in the bank jare. Those wey go make money, go dey make am dey go.
But for those of us who are Smart and want to make money, please leave us alone to invest in transcorp. I am not telling any smart investor to buy transcorp and leave for long term, if you buy now, have a target and exit immediately. It's only the greedy ones that will always get their hands burnt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2013
I have been ringing this bell and telling it to everyone that cares to know that, Japaul will sooner or later leave the car bank. Intelligent and smart investors should start taking position now. I bet you, you will never regret doing this. Have a blessed week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Majority posting agst not investing in Transcorp shares have lil or no fact. Do you know what it means for a stock to qualify as market maker in determining NSE 30. @proshare: TRANSCORP, FO & WEMABANK are likely NSE-30 Incoming as Exchange Reviews Composition of Market Indice
http:///W4Kfi9c58H
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Aks: Majority posting agst not investing in Transcorp shares have lil or no fact. Do you know what it means for a stock to qualify as market maker in determining NSE 30. @proshare: TRANSCORP, FO & WEMABANK are likely NSE-30 Incoming as Exchange Reviews Composition of Market Indice
http:///W4Kfi9c58H

How does that affect the valuation of the company called Transcorp.

Can some one help me with the outstanding shares of Transcorp.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2013
Aks: @Jamace- it depens on the shares u are Holding. I remembered UBA did reconstuction while consolidating all their business entities based on CBN directive and this led to price increase without affecting the holder's equity. I allign with hbdrenic position.

UBA did not do share reconstruction, what they did was corporate restructuring which led to spinning-off of UBA registrars, UBA Properties and UBA capital and other non-core businesses due to CBN directives. The restructuring led to allocation of shares in UBA Registrars now Afriprudential Registrars, UBA Capital, UBA properties now Afriland Properties to the shareholders of UBA.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2013
AKS, you are there my dear, just don't worry yourself and let the wise ones continue to rule. Thank you there are still peoplelokeyou here, who are still gathering positive informations. See you soon as we smile to the bank lol lol lol i wan die for laugh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2013
I dey siddon look
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

How does that affect the valuation of the company called Transcorp.

Can some one help me with the outstanding shares of Transcorp.

Transcorp has about 25billion shares, by the time the right is list it will increase to about 38 billion. we can say that the company is currently valued at about N100 billion, by the time the right issues are listed the company will be worth N150 billion at the current price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Transcorp has about 25billion shares, by the time the right is list it will increase to about 38 billion. we can say that the company is currently valued at about N100 billion, by the time the right issues are listed the company will be worth N150 billion at the current price.
hmmmmnnnn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. FG secures N15.36tn investment commitment

2. FG directs power firms to resume metering scheme

3. TRANSCORP, FO & WEMABANK are likely NSE-30 Incoming as Exchange Reviews Composition of Market Indice

4. NSE delists Poly Products shares embarassed

5. NSE ASI extends two-day losing streak; records -0.03% marginal loss

6. First Bank upgrades online banking platform to curb rising fraud

7. Ecobank capital raises $500m pre-export facility for Orion Oil

8. FG stops AMCON from raising bonds

Source: @proshare

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.