Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894530 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
economia: MY HOLDING IN COSTAIN IS NOW DOWN BY 30%, I BOUGHT IT WITH NO MUCH CALCULATION. ACTUALLY I HAVE BEEN IN MARKET TO SELL FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW BUT KNOW BUYER. PLEASE ADVISE ME EITHER TO SELL OR NOT TO

this guy sounds like ihedioramma

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Transcorp targets N289bn revenue in five years

http://www.punchng.com/business/capital-market/transcorp-targets-n289bn-revenue-in-five-years/

Wonderful, they hope to consistently grow their revenue by 100% for 5 straights years. Oando guys sold this type of growth story to investors, and nothing tangible came out of such projections.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2013
My guy, make you look well well. Siddon look well well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2013
@ shigidi when did you join nairaland? I hope you still active on smn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 10:26am On Dec 16, 2013
smiley
emmanuel ewumi: @ shigidi when did you join nairaland? I hope you still active on smn.

Of course sir. SMN remains my base. but we pop in here once in a while
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebus511: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2013
please is it a good idea to invest on fbnh for a long term ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2013
http://www.jarushub.com/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-nigerian-stock-exchange-ii/

Which stocks should I choose?

That depends on what you want from your investments. About 300 securities are quoted or listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange; they range from government stocks to ordinary shares and their coupons or dividends vary from low to high. The important thing is to first determine your own objectives, discuss with a stockbroker and then invest accordingly.

What does “XD” mean?

It is a financial expression for “without dividend”. A stock that is purchased during the “without dividend” period will not earn a dividend declared in that period for its new owner.

What are scrip or bonus shares?

These are new shares made fully-paid by the capitalisation of reserve and allotted free of charge to ordinary shareholders in proportion to their existing holding. In this process, fractions of shares sometimes arise and are often aggregated and sold, after which a cash payment in respect of the fraction is made to every shareholder entitled to it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2013
http://www.jarushub.com/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-nigerian-stock-exchange-ii/

What is a blue-chip company?

A blue-chip company is a company that is well managed with consistent track record of return on investment.

What is Central Securities Clearing System Limited?

The Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) Limited, otherwise known as central Securities Depository, is the Clearing House of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

What are the benefits of CSCS to the operation of The Nigerian Stock Exchange?

Reduced settlement cycle; increased liquidity and reduced risk.
Increases efficiency by eliminating errors and lowering costs.
The automated system is able to handle surges in demand.
Centralisation of depository functions reduces cost and increases efficiency.
Attracts foreign investment.
Information can be easily retrieved and verified.
It allows investors to take advantage of capital appreciation.
It allows comprehensive audit trail.
Eliminates cases of lost share certificates.
Eliminates fraudulent request for replacement of missing share certificates.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 10:43am On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi: http://www.jarushub.com/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-nigerian-stock-exchange-ii/

That depends on what you want from your investments. About 300 securities are quoted or listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange; they range from government stocks to ordinary shares and their coupons or dividends vary from low to high. The important thing is to first determine your own objectives, discuss with a stockbroker and then invest accordingly.

What does “XD” mean?

It is a financial expression for “without dividend”. A stock that is purchased during the “without dividend” period will not earn a dividend declared in that period for its new owner.

These are new shares made fully-paid by the capitalisation of reserve and allotted free of charge to ordinary shareholders in proportion to their existing holding. In this process, fractions of shares sometimes arise and are often aggregated and sold, after which a cash payment in respect of the fraction is made to every shareholder entitled to it.

Sir manie, as a dividend investor which i know you are, you may want to pick up unviersity press. this stock has the best dividend yield as at fridays closing price. Close to 10%. i fear its liquidity sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2013
shigidi:

Sir manie, as a dividend investor which i know you are, you may want to pick up unviersity press. this stock has the best dividend yield as at fridays closing price. Close to 10%. i fear its liquidity sha

You should not have a problem if your shares in the company are worth some hundreds of thousand of Naira, but when you have UPL shares worth millions of Naira you may have liquidity problem, except if you trade with big houses who can easily cross the stock for you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:06am On Dec 16, 2013
http://businessdayonline.com/2013/12/yuletide-season-presents-new-opportunities-to-buy-low/

For investors who have been waiting for an opportunity to buy into the stock market when the prices are low, this Yuletide season presents such opportunity.

As many stock investors prepare for Christmas spending, their desire for more liquidity or the requisite cash to back their spending will impact equities supply side at the stock market.

Most stock market analysts have already called this period a ‘silent’ one because many active players are usually conservative in their approach to the market, while looking into the opportunities next year will hold for investors.

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) All-Share Index (ASI) which opened last week at 38,920.85 points closed at 38,738.15 points, indicating month-to-date (Mtd) decline of 0.47 percent; quarter-to-date (Qtd) decline of 5.89 percent, and year-to-date (Ytd) decline of 37.96 percent.

With less than two weeks to Christmas, the anticipated increase in stocks offered for sale preparatory to Yuletide spending clearly indicates the possibility of the NSE ASI lowering further to achieve a return of about 35 percent earlier envisaged by many market analysts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 11:08am On Dec 16, 2013
debostar: Please ,has anybody use FSDH as a stockbroker.?
I have been experiencing bad service or is it only me

please do send a complaint note to ( faderibigbe@fsdhgroup.com ).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2013
hbrednic:

please do send a complaint note to ( faderibigbe@fsdhgroup.com ).

Those guys at FSDH need to sit up, I sent a guy to open a stockbroking account with them but he was turn down because the money with him was just N 3 million. He has since opened his account with UBA stockbroker where he was readily accepted. Yet FSDH can not be classified as one of the top 20 brokers in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Those guys at FSDH need to sit up, I sent a guy to open a stockbroking account with them but he was turn down because the money with him was just N 3 million. He has since opened his account with UBA stockbroker where he was readily accepted. Yet FSDH can not be classified as one of the top 20 brokers in Nigeria.

This happened less than 2 months ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Over 20m units traded this morning on Transcorp. People are really playing with this stock.
The Giant DangCem has awaken...+5%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:49am On Dec 16, 2013
Dumexoga: Yes oooo, e better for you to leave your money in the bank jare. Those wey go make money, go dey make am dey go.
But for those of us who are Smart and want to make money, please leave us alone to invest in transcorp. I am not telling any smart investor to buy transcorp and leave for long term, if you buy now, have a target and exit immediately. It's only the greedy ones that will always get their hands burnt
I wonder what ucheson have to say about this after the unverfied information on Nem proposed dividend of more than 10k, Which is taking longer than vision 2020 to be released
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Wonderful, they hope to consistently grow their revenue by 100% for 5 straights years. Oando guys sold this type of growth story to investors, and nothing tangible came out of such projections.
They keep on sustaining the news to provoke price rally every now and then to make money out of it. Il advice the speculators to watch the pendulum movement while long term investors should enter at the right price cos reconstruction in most cases brings grief than comfort unless the price of this stock skyrockets in the medium term above the reconstruction percentage.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

The miminimum is N5 million,i think they want to remain exclusive.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
hbrednic:

The miminimum is N5 million,i think they want to remain exclusive.
na wao,na just 10k i take use open an acct with a broker,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
princemolak: na wao,na just 10k i take use open an acct with a broker,

I used 5k to open wit fsl while I used zero naira to open with Morgan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
chukyjones:

this guy sounds like ihedioramma
IS not me, bout i have small stock there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
shigidi:

The problem with UPL is not about their trailing dividend or past dividend policy, but their capacity to pay consistent dividend going forward. Their last result was nothing to write home about, and this happened before the ASUU strike. Now that we have ASUU strike still in place, what effect would this have on their fiscal year result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
[quote author=emmanuel ewumi]http://www.jarushub.com/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-nigerian-stock-exchange-ii/

What does “XD” mean?

These are new shares made fully-paid by the capitalisation of reserve and allotted free of charge to ordinary shareholders in proportion to their existing holding. In this prmes arise and are oftsay what? discuss with a stockbroker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Transcorp set to pay dividend. Is anyone in the house? Ojigbijigbi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
Dumexoga: Transcorp set to pay dividend. Is anyone in the house? Ojigbijigbi
i saw that on Proshare too,base on my calculatn,they shld pay lik 5k dats if they wld pay at all:-)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
princemolak:
i saw that on Proshare too,base on my calculatn,they shld pay lik 5k dats if they wld pay at all:-)

That is a dividend yield of about 1.25%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Even if it's 1k dividend, we should be grateful to God.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2013
I placed a small order just now on meritrade and received a Buy contract 4 minutes later. Are trades now instant? Anyone else experienced this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Reyus: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mmmmh.....I smell christmas in the air.
Happy Xmas to all nairaland investors in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
bigx: I placed a small order just now on meritrade and received a Buy contract 4 minutes later. Are trades now instant? Anyone else experienced this.

IMO Maybe because more people are selling the stock than people buying making it readily available at the moment..curently about 11M units have just been traded..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
bigx: I placed a small order just now on meritrade and received a Buy contract 4 minutes later. Are trades now instant? Anyone else experienced this.
Please my brother kindly teach me how you do deposit money into your account @ Meristem. Do you write your account name or your Meristem in-house number on the bank teller? And how long does it take for deposit to reflect in your Meritrade account? Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.