Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,206 members, 7,867,506 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11096831 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (7826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

UAC of Nigeria Plc has announced the acquisition of 51% equity stake of Livestock feeds plc..

The securities and exchange commission hassuspended ecobank plc from acting as a receiving banker and from all capital market activities

Nigeria Zenith bank in $850Million london listing

CBN Introduces Fee charge on e- form M

Source: Proshare.ng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2013
mercylicious: @born2berich,
D same way I had a dream of a sugar company few weeks back, but am yet to see any movement there.
Ftn and c& I is pure gambling. C&i rises to 70k and falls. The cycle rapeats. Ftn cocoa on its own rises to 69k or very close and falls again.
Unfortunately, my stock house bought ftn cocoa - 1 million units @66k even wen I ordered him to cancel d instructn and buy another stock. They just bought d 2.

Am trapped in ftn cocoa. I may leave it there for 2 years sha. Money must not loss.

My broda, i understand your pain but i have decided not to say anything more on what i saw...

However, oyimbo man talk say the patient dog eats the fattest bone...

Go back to the drawing board and use all the fundamental tools and tips given to you to make proper analysis on stocks...

Dont be afriad to challenge yourself....

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2013
Mercylious no be brother oooo.
Na sister wey like to make money more than brother. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2013
mercylicious: Mercylious no be brother oooo.
who you wan play!!! Definately no be we wey know sey you be guy. From the tone of your posts everybody no sey you be guy.
Abi you be Tomboy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

My broda, i understand your pain but i have decided not to say anything more on what i saw...

However, oyimbo man talk say the patient dog eats the fattest bone...

Go back to the drawing board and use all the fundamental tools and tips given to you to make proper analysis on stocks...

Dont be afriad to challenge yourself....

Enjoy.

Dreams no be bad thing as we all know. I think what one should do is to either justify it or trash it.
It will be a better deal if you can use your fundamentals to achieve that. Traders will put money when they see that a stock is good, they do otherwise if a stock is not sound fundamentally. Do not be desirious of quick gain seen by only yourself it could lands someone into trouble.

@mercylicious that sugar will do well. before a stock advances there should be accummulation. Most of the currents stocks are accumulating. If the accumulation fails the bears win ( then you born your fingers) If the accummulation succeeds the bulls win ( then you drink wine)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by johnnykuku: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
sellydion:

Dreams no be bad thing as we all know. I think what one should do is to either justify it or trash it.
It will be a better deal if you can use your fundamentals to achieve that. Traders will put money when they see that a stock is good, they do otherwise if a stock is not sound fundamentally. Do not be desirious of quick gain seen by only yourself it could lands someone into trouble.

@mercylicious that sugar will do well. before a stock advances there should be accummulation. Most of the currents stocks are accumulating. If the accumulation fails the bears win ( then you born your fingers) If the accummulation succeeds the bulls win ( then you drink wine)
where can I always get reports of nigerian stocks online so I can analyse?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
johnnykuku: where can I always get reports of nigerian stocks online so I can analyse?

proshareng.com or cashcraft.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
mercylicious: Mercylious no be brother oooo.

Say na me you wan come play wayo abi angry...na brother you be jare... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
9free:
who you wan play!!! Definately no be we wey know sey you be guy. From the tone of your posts everybody no sey you be guy.
Abi you be Tomboy

No mind am, im wan play us for here grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
True.
I no be brother, bt am very far from Ajebota.
Call me a tomboy, u may not be far from it, cos I went to boys high school as university,did a guy's course and am also doing a man's work ( we are just 2 females in our unit of more than 20 staff)

I grew up with the determination to make it in life (via hardwork.)I believe in working for my money. I am a source of motivation to a lot of my male friends. I started investing in shares right from youth service- I recall I saved 100k after youth service and bought gtbank and fbn then.
*** don't ask me how I was able to save the money- I had 3 jobs.

Abeg make 2pm nack make we know wetin market carry 2day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
mercylicious: True.
Call me a tomboy, u may not be far from it, cos I went to boys high school as university,did a guy's course and am also doing a man's work ( we are just 2 females in our unit of more than 20 staff)

I grew up with the determination to make it in life (via hardwork.)I believe in working for my money. I am a source of motivation to a lot of my male friends. I started investing in shares right from youth service- I recall I saved 100k after youth service and bought gtbank and fbn then.

if u r actually a lady, keep ur hussel on.....it pays, I like ur spirit. keep it up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Just heard that Cadbury just declared .50k for their 2012 year end!

not very encouraging at the present price!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2013

After i go send my daughter to you make you mentor her wella for me!

Really impressed! I inherited a lot of shares but only started buying in 2008! i have decided that my kids will have to learn early enough how to make money for them selves..Financial education and marketing are too key subjects everyone should know no matter your course of study..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
feelamong: Just heard that Cadbury just declared .50k for their 2012 year end!

not very encouraging at the present price!

CADBURY NIGERIA PLC
AUDITED ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2012 CORPORATE ACTIONS
Proposed Dividend Qualification Date Closure Date
AGM Date Payment Date AGM Venue
50 kobo
12th April, 2013
15th April, 2013
8th May, 2013
9th May, 2013
Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island, Lagos
Note:
Full sets of the accounts will be provided by the company soon.

Source: SMN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by johnnykuku: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
i need where i can dowload the latest cadbury 2012 financial year report pls any one help me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2013

I will want you to meet my wife, you have things in common.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
feelamong:

After i go send my daughter to you make you mentor her wella for me!

Really impressed! I inherited a lot of shares but only started buying in 2008! i have decided that my kids will have to learn early enough how to make money for them selves..Financial education and marketing are too key subjects everyone should know no matter your course of study..

Lucky you, make good use of your inheritance.

My parents bought some for me in the 70s, started buying for my self in the 90s. I hope to inherit some, when the time comes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
THIS WEMA SELF !!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
sellydion: THIS WEMA SELF !!!

Wetin happen to Wema?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
manie:

Wetin happen to Wema?

Maybe becos WEMA is already moving in price thats why
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
sellydion: THIS WEMA SELF !!!

WEMA keeps on flying!! na wa o!! closed at 1.47
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
cadbury stock's dividend is disappointing. Berger dividend should influence the stock despite the weak nature of the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
9free:
with a Q3 PE of 2.66 and Foward PE of 4.24
Not bad for a speculative move....
my 2kobo sha
What is the value of shares outstanding that you used?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
What happened to UBA this week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anyone with more information on the UACN acquisition of 51% livestock PLC besides whats already posted on proshare, should please share.

I'm curious to understand the rational behind the valuation of the company, how much they paid for the control, the structure of the new organization and the management of the new entity going forward.

I know UACN bought about 11% in the primary market. How do they acquire the rest of the shares and how much premium are they paying? I've been become an ardent follower of livestock plc ever since UACN signed an MOU with them. I knew something was in the offering. But to gain control of a company without paying a significant premium beats my imagination.

We all witnessed how Tiger brand of South Africa purchased 51% of Dangote Flour, and they paid about significant premium for it. They gained control of Dangote flour when the stock was trading around 4 naira, and they paid about 8 naira for the control. Why is the same principle not playing out here?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
courage89: Anyone with more information on the UACN acquisition of 51% livestock PLC besides whats already posted on proshare, should please share.

I'm curious to understand the rational behind the valuation of the company, how much they paid for the control, the structure of the new organization and the management of the new entity going forward.

I know UACN bought about 11% in the primary market. How do they acquire the rest of the shares and how much premium are they paying? I've been become an ardent follower of livestock plc ever since UACN signed an MOU with them. I knew something was in the offering. But to gain control of a company without paying a significant premium beats my imagination.

We all witnessed how Tiger brand of South Africa purchased 51% of Dangote Flour, and they paid about significant premium for it. They gained control of Dangote flour when the stock was trading around 4 naira, and they paid about 8 naira for the control. Why is the same principle not playing out here?

uacn is a giant conglomerate that love to invest in many industries.
Livestock feed need this at this present time as they aspire to lead their industry and the industry is very productive as both foreign and local investors have increased.
It is mutual benefit for the two cop but as investors, we care only about our investment.
THIS WILL NOT DO ANYTHING AS PRICE APPRECIATION. Take note.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ stockbull , with what you said is livestock a good long term investment ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Josh121: @ stockbull , with what you said is livestock a good long term investment ?

not really.
Penny stock, low followers, capitalization, low number of investors. Industry that do not really generate force to shift the swing of the nation's economy.i would consider other sector if i would invest as longs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Which sector will you invest in and what stock ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2013
question: What happened to UBA this week?

it's not suprise that the stock suffered in establishing cross over around #8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2013
stockbull:

not really.
Penny stock, low followers, capitalization, low number of investors. Industry that do not really generate force to shift the swing of the nation's economy.i would consider other sector if i would invest as longs
GIVE US FIVE OF THEM THAT ARE GOOD TO INVEST FOR LONG TERM OR IF YOU ARE TO INVEST NOW WHAT ARE THE FIVE STOCK THAT ARE LOW NOW YOU WILL INVEST IN FOR LONG TERM?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2013
ihedioramma: GIVE US FIVE OF THEM THAT ARE GOOD TO INVEST FOR LONG TERM OR IF YOU ARE TO INVEST NOW WHAT ARE THE FIVE STOCK THAT ARE LOW NOW YOU WILL INVEST IN FOR LONG TERM?

there's no analysis done now on stock for long term prospect. It takes time and resources while analysing stocks on long term basis if one want to do it diligently and to get good result, perhaps, i may still point to some stocks with good qualities

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (7826) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: beejay1(m), Raider76, megawealth01, zendi, femu(m), BullBearMkt(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.