Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10982598 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:22am On Mar 15, 2013
if you dont have genuine idea of what the result of a company would look like, traders,do not trade in awaiting result company.traders are distinctly smart!!!
Not so in nigeria stock market.investors trade just because they wanted to be called traders or they have passion for it.
PASSION WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE WOULD ALWAYS PUT ONE OUTSIDE THE FENCE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Currently about N602,757,139 is being pumped into ETI at the moment...

I just wonder the news that is going to come out very soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
frond:

This oando stock is voodoo investment. Any company that goes to the market to raise twice as much as its current working capital/assets will gamble the money. The capital raised has not been tested, then how do you price or value freshly raised capital. This is just as if the company is starting business afresh. I wonder what are the people buying in oando shares. This was what led to the failure of our Banks: raised money from shareholders, gambled with the money because they didn't know what to do with and falsely assured by our central governor that all was well with our banks. If you have to buy the stock it should be for very very short time. For me I am out, I have learnt my lesson.
oga, I hv already bailed out as I said in my post. Am waiting to take position in other stock as we wait 4 companies result...lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
nereiskc: oga, I hv already bailed out as I said in my post. Am waiting to take position in other stock as we wait 4 companies result...lol

Hope he is not ur oga at the top.

I just heard rumour dt access bank result is not dt fantastic
Sumone plz confirm this. If they release a bad result, all the banking share price will plumet. Guys please investigate further. This is for the benefit of those dt have banking shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
mercylicious:

Sumone plz confirm this. If they release a bad result, all the banking share price will plumet. Guys please investigate further. This is for the benefit of those dt have banking shares.
This is serious.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
mercylicious:

This serious coz am planning on buying huge volume by monday, plz any inside info abt access bank 1st Qtr result will b appreciated. Also I got info on sterling thru a pal, that their result is ok, probably they will break d jinx of N3 limit as it may hit N4 when their result comes out (nt verified oh). Finally, anybody with info on any good financial sector stock(s) recommendations......happ weekend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Currently about N602,757,139 is being pumped into ETI at the moment...

I just wonder the news that is going to come out very soon
Nedbank of SA hands dey here.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
By the way, I looked at C & I Leasing this past week and it didn't look so good to me.
With their share float on Proshare, of 800 & something million, it appeared to have one of the best PEs on the exchange, even better than NEM's. But when I saw their share float on other websites(though all conflicting, the common denominator of them all is that they're all about twice or more that quoted by Proshare), including NSE website, it didn't seem as cheap as it is portrayed.
Add that to the declining profits and I don't see this stock in the league of "hot pick" stocks currently.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
chillykelly86: By the way, I looked at C & I Leasing this past week and it didn't look so good to me.
With their share float on Proshare, of 800 & something million, it appeared to have one of the best PEs on the exchange, even better than NEM's. But when I saw their share float on other websites(though all conflicting, the common denominator of them all is that they're all about twice or more that quoted by Proshare), including NSE website, it didn't seem as cheap as it is portrayed.
Add that to the declining profits.
NEM remains the cheapest stock on the exchange and am still accumulating. Also waiting for Ikeja Hotel @50k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Morning my oga at the tops, any good stock pick for the week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2013
The pros in the house, I want to buy some Mansard and Presco shares when the money I'm expecting comes in; any advise on these stocks for short to long term investment?
Furthermore, i would like to know like how much dividend & bonus GTB would declare for EoY 2012.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 10:59am On Mar 18, 2013
stockbull: is it a government financed company? A corporate company gambling! Oando is expanding her coast in business and intend to venture in other businesses since oil is now discovered in many african countries and in many parts of america and also to strengthen their current business so as to be vibrant.

Yes Oando is not a government financed company and so was not intercontinental, union bank and Bank PHB. The fact is that when company want to finance in uncharted territory the best way is to raise money through loan/bond. They can then raise capital to offset this later when in profit. But in this case they have not started the business and people are trading the shares. This is just like somebody give you money to do business and ignorance "investor" speculating on your profit even before you start the business. As for me I am out. You can use your money better. Money is a scarce commodity, there is no need to waste it on voodoo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:54am On Mar 19, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

Please be informed that some stocks may release their FY 2012 earnings to the market either this week or next week and the way the market perceives the results will dictate the direction of the market either positively or negatively.

However, i want to say that it is advisable now to position yourself in good stock with sound fundamentals in order to generate good returns during the medium term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2013
9free:
NEM remains the cheapest stock on the exchange and am still accumulating. Also waiting for Ikeja Hotel @50k

It is only one person that i know can actually make this kind of statement....Abi na my oga from the other corner grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2013
valacious: Morning my oga at the tops, any good stock pick for the week?

Bros, i think everybody is waiting for the market to start bringing in the result...It is the only way for now to know which stock is hot or not

Nobody like surprises so lets wait... cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2013
Sorry guys, i will be away for some days but will be back soon....Lets keep discussing, interacting and sharing ideas in order to lift ourselves higher...

No idea is too small or insignificant....

Also if you got any tips or small info/gist( u know what i mean) kindly share it with the house...

Lets see what today will bring out...

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
I believe when results come out, there will be some price appreciation. So can the ogas give us hint of stocks to take position in for a gain of say 15-20%?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Bros, i think everybody is waiting for the market to start bringing in the result...It is the only way for now to know which stock is hot or not

Nobody like surprises so lets wait... cheesy

Most you wait for results to come out before you position your self in fundamentally good stocks that are selling at a discount.

When results are out, the stock may become hot. It is difficult making on the exchange by chasing hot stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

It is only one person that i know can actually make this kind of statement....Abi na my oga from the other corner grin
grin grin Me I think so too. You know say I de visit there for some ISI EWU pepper soup sometimes. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

And who could this Oga be
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
mercylicious:

It may not be unconnected with their issue with Capital Oil who is in some other case with AMCON. If it is so, it should be expected to be a one-off payment and they should return to profitability soon. For medium & long term investors, it will be an opportunity to mop up(that is if the price is even beaten down in the first place).

As for the effect on other banking stocks, ... I will only say, in d words of A great SMNite, "for every seller, there is a buyer and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
chillykelly86:
It may not be unconnected with their issue with Capital Oil who is in some other case with AMCON. If it is so, it should be expected to be a one-off payment and they should return to profitability soon. For medium & long term investors, it will be an opportunity to mop up(that is if the price is even beaten down in the first place).

As for the effect on other banking stocks, ... I will only say, in d words of A great SMNite, "for every seller, there is a buyer and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake"
Na wa o...... SMNites full ground for these house. With time we go begin know who be who here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
What about wema bank i want to start buying it in large quantity. Some should please advice me so as not to get my money tied down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Omexonomy: What about wema bank i want to start buying it in large quantity. Some should please advice me so as not to get my money tied down.
Don't buy a stock in large quantity based on hearsay and speculation. If you can't analyze stocks, you should buy a little bit of this and a little bit of that from time to time, so that you won't have any big losses unless the entire stock market crashes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 2:29am On Mar 20, 2013
Omexonomy: What about wema bank i want to start buying it in large quantity. Some should please advice me so as not to get my money tied down.
Why do you like Wema Bank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 3:50am On Mar 20, 2013
Seun:
Don't buy a stock in large quantity based on hearsay and speculation. If you can't analyze stocks, you should buy a little bit of this and a little bit of that from time to time, so that you won't have any big losses unless the entire stock market crashes.
wema bank are promising a better future for investors and shareholders. http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/banking-a-finance/53033-wema-bank-to-raise-n35bn-by-end-april
from the above link dont you think it will be wise to start aquiring wema bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 3:52am On Mar 20, 2013
courage89:
not that i like wema bank but wema bank are promising a better future for investors and shareholders. http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/banking-a-finance/53033-wema-bank-to-raise-n35bn-by-end-april
from the above link dont you think it will be wise to start aquiring wema bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:48am On Mar 20, 2013
Seun:
Excess diversification os a protection against ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 6:54am On Mar 20, 2013
courage89:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2013
I second @courage89, what do you really see in Wema? If you are going by what they are promising, you may just need to do some research to know that a number of companies that offered shares to the public in the past(pre-2008) not only did not deliver on their "promises", but have even gone under.
I don't and won't advise you to make investment decisions based only on what a company's management says.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2013
ahahahahahaha, na wa 4 dis companies o, this their suspense is too much. they should release results nao. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, onegentleguy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.