Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11025748 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
chillykelly86:
I second @courage89, what do you really see in Wema? If you are going by what they are promising, you may just need to do some research to know that a number of companies that offered shares to the public in the past(pre-2008) that not only did not deliver but have even gone under.
I don't and won't advise you to make investment decisions based only on what a company's management says.

You can actually buy WEMA depending on whether you are speculating or investing. WEMA has been around for some time and she refused to go under despite great challenges.Come to think of it the stock rose to N1.8k before the resent pull backs that affect almost other stocks. If you are speculating ( not with borrowed money)because it may involve waiting for little time, you are most likely going to turn a good gain. If for investment WEMA may not give you good dividend, bonus and great appreciation. Speculation is more risky but the way price is with most of these penny stocks shows there are great prospects.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
sellydion:

You can actually buy WEMA depending on whether you are speculating or investing. WEMA has been around for some time and she refused to go under despite great challenges.Come to think of it the stock rose to N1.8k before the resent pull backs that affect almost other stocks. If you are speculating ( not with borrowed money)because it may involve waiting for little time, you are most likely going to turn a good gain. If for investment WEMA may not give you good dividend, bonus and great appreciation. Speculation is more risky but the way price is with most of these penny stocks shows there are great prospects.

I will advice you to beware of penny stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

There is nothing to beware about. Study history of price. Price can never stay in one place for ever. At the current price I am sure I have nothing to fear. At times it may take time, I won't make a loss.I do not borrow to invest. Borrowing causes fear and make you to sell prematurely.The economy is expanding the first bull move will not end there even if it takes time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
chillykelly86:
I second @courage89, what do you really see in Wema? If you are going by what they are promising, you may just need to do some research to know that a number of companies that offered shares to the public in the past(pre-2008) not only did not deliver on their "promises", but have even gone under.
I don't and won't advise you to make investment decisions based only on what a company's management says.

I apologize if my question came across as a sell signal. That was not my intention. I believe only you know why you're investing, or want to invest in a specific stock based on your analysis. Be it fundamental, technical or speculation..., i was just trying to understand his logic. Having said that, i believe wema will do well on a short term and long term at current price. The problem i have with them before was the solvency issue. But, having raised needed capital, that takes care of the solvency. Also, the national banking license will improve market perception and valuation of the company in comparison to the regional banking license they currently hold.
Considering the company touched the 1.88 mark earlier this year. That echoed the implicit valuation of the company. I believe the company will pass that mark again after their 1st or 2nd quater result.
My brother, continue your accummulation. I dont think you will regret your action.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
sellydion:

There is nothing to beware about. Study history of price. Price can never stay in one place for ever. At the current price I am sure I have nothing to fear. At times it may take time, I won't make a loss.I do not borrow to invest. Borrowing causes fear and make you to sell prematurely.The economy is expanding the first bull move will not end there even if it takes time.

Sorry for asking this question, how long have you been in this market? what is the size of your portfolio? Penny stock should not take more than 20% of a good portfolio, financial institutions will not touch them with a long pole.
Make sure you do appropriate valuation on your penny stocks, and give a margin of safety, also remember to buy your penny stock at a great discount.

Happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
happy investing house.
life demands so much time even when there's no extention.
Being off in the market for now and will be back soon this month.
Working on ftn cocoa result, wema outlook and will consider other stocks soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
stockbull:

happy investing house.
life demands so much time even when there's no extention.
Being off in the market for now and will be back soon this month.
Working on ftn cocoa result, wema outlook and will consider other stocks soon.

Sold all my holdings in Wema Bank in February to increase my holdings in FBN. I have been a shareholder of Wema Bank for more than 10 years, and I am not too sure if anything good can come out of the stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
The bulls are getting ready to take off.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

Bro, You are right. There are penny stocks and there are penny stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
humm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

Sorry for asking this question, how long have you been in this market? what is the size of your portfolio? Penny stock should not take more than 20% of a good portfolio, financial institutions will not touch them with a long pole.
Make sure you do appropriate valuation on your penny stocks, and give a margin of safety, also remember to buy your penny stock at a great discount.

Happy investing

@maine, this is a common sense approach not for every body, If I purchase AIICO at N1 that ~30% discount from the previous high. The maket safety is .50k that is I can only loose 50% (ingnore charges )of my money. I am prepare to take that hit in my portfolio, that is if the worse comes and the market crash or something funny happens. Business is a risk

The likelyhood that AIICO price will come to 50k is remote and the chance that over the period of 2 years it hit 1.5k is very higher.If I invset N2 thats N3m in two to three years.Mind you I stand a better chance, i do not borrow to invest!! Why not I give it a trial. Nobody knows tomorrow. Stock is a game of calculated risk. It is either you burn your fingers or you drink wine. With all the valuation market still stands irrational. You can check price performance over a period of two to three years even at the time of recession.I think it will tell you something.

Happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
sellydion:

@maine, this is a common sense approach not for every body, If I purchase Wema at N1 that 44% discount from the previous high. The maket safety is .50k that is I can only loose 50% (ingnore charges )of my money. I am prepare prepare to take that hit in my portfolio, that is if the worse comes and the market crash or something funny happens. Business is a risk

The likelyhood that AIICO price will come to 50k is remote and the chance that over the period of 2 years it hit 1.5k is very higher.If I invset N2 thats N3m in two to three years.Mind you I stand a better chance, i do not borrow to invest!! Why not I give it a trial. Nobody knows tomorrow. Stock is a game of calculated risk. It is either you burn your fingers or you drink wine. With all the valuation market still stands irrational. You can check price performance over a period of two to three year even at the time of recession.I think it will will tell you something.

Happy investing

Good luck to you, used to own a little over 1 million units of Wema Bank was happy to exit after I was trapped in the stock for close to 5 years. There are other cheaper bank stocks to look at instead of Wema Bank. You are lookingf at Wema bank based on the price, have you looked at the fundamentals, growth potentials, market size, quality of management, pedigree of worker, pro-activeness of the board. Based on all these what is the value of Wema bank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

Good luck to you, used to own a little over 1 million units of Wema Bank was happy to exit after I was trapped in the stock for close to 5 years. There are other cheaper bank stocks to look at instead of Wema Bank. You are lookingf at Wema bank based on the price, have you looked at the fundamentals, growth potentials, market size, quality of management, pedigree of worker, pro-activeness of the board. Based on all these what is the value of Wema bank?

Well, I may have been falsely assuming that even traders consider the fundamentals of a company before buying. I trade on the NSE but I can't trade based on speculation. I will usually ascertain the fundamentals and value in a company before going in, such that if the expected price appreciation does not come, I can still have some value to fall back to.
For instance, Diamond has a PE of about 5.6 but Wema, even with last year's results(they're running a loss so far this year) and at current price, has a PE of over 10. I would not go buying Wema because it hit 1.88 when I could be safer with Diamond. I would only be gambling with my money. It is possible that the market knows more about the company now than it did then. And reasoning along the line of a 50% fall to the 50k nominal value, it may interest you to know that even at that price, some people are not able to sell for years! Ask owners of some insurance stocks!
Having said that, everyone has his/her own investment decision to make and at his/her own risk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
Stock market news- hot
Access bank forecasts 9.6B PAT.
Source- www.proshareng.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie: http://www.punchng.com/business/capital-market/nse-stops-operators-from-distributing-market-information/

posting links just like this is against nairaland posting rules. Please try to avoid been banned
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

Sold all my holdings in Wema Bank in February to increase my holdings in FBN. I have been a shareholder of Wema Bank for more than 10 years, and I am not too sure if anything good can come out of the stock.

if truly you've been their shareholder for over ten years then, i will not agree to that, that, nothing good has come. The stock rose from one naira to four naira in the time past. The stock will increase by hundred percent this year but still want to put tools together to microview every hidden signal

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hello house, please what's happening to Japaul Plc? Why the continuous dip in price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
stockbull: posting links just like this is against nairaland posting rules. Please try to avoid been banned
Nah, the problem is that he did not create a separate thread to discuss the news.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 21, 2013
manie: http://www.punchng.com/business/capital-market/nse-stops-operators-from-distributing-market-information/

You can still get daily market report @cash craft. They are very fast in publishing it. Proshare also publish d result too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2013
monitoring
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2013
Ogas, u people should suggest good stocks we can position ourselves in now, at least before results start coming out against next week. What does anyone think about eterna oil or uba at its current price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2013
9free:
Excess diversification os a protection against ignorance.

True, but kindly note the word excess...So as long as you diversify your investment portfolio reasonably, it is still okay...

NB: Whoever fails to scatter his capital into profitable investment cannot gather the various dividends and gains...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2013
manie:

Most you wait for results to come out before you position your self in fundamentally good stocks that are selling at a discount.

When results are out, the stock may become hot. It is difficult making on the exchange by chasing hot stocks.

@manie, if you read my post properly i never said anything about not positioning in good or fundamental stocks until results come out...Infact this is the best time to position oneself in fundamentally good stocks while awaiting the FY results....every wise investor knows that...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2013
jideflash: ahahahahahaha, na wa 4 dis companies o, this their suspense is too much. they should release results nao. grin

I thought i was the only one feeling this suspense.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2013
I had an unusual dream 2days ago...

The dream was about a stock that have never even crossed my mind ( i dont think it has crossed most people's mind)...

The stock is FTN cocoa...

I saw this stock yeilding very high profit in one of their results and generating above 200% price appreciation...

I asked myself what fundamentals does this stock have presently to move it up but found none...

To be honest, this year i had some dreams and they came to reality...

This may sound foolish because as an investor you have to make proper analysis and get the required information/data of the stock you want to purchase.

I am not a prophet niether am i saying that you should buy FTN cocoa ...

However, this is what came to me and i just decided to share it with everyone...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Born 2be Rich: I had an unusual dream 2days ago...

The dream was about a stock that have never even crossed my mind ( i dont think it has crossed most people's mind)...

I saw this stock yeilding very high profit in one of their results and generating above 200% price appreciation...

I asked myself what fundamentals does this stock have presently to move it up but found none...

This may sound foolish because as an investor you have to make proper analysis and get the required information/data of the stock you want to purchase.

However, this is what came to me and i just decided to share it with everyone...
bros, I dey respect you oooo both on SMN and NL but this ur dream get as e be. I come begin think maybe you been high before going to bed 2days ago.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2013

Bros, I beg u! Try give me a shot of that thing wey you smoke last nite!

E don tey wey I been dream last!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2013
9free:
bros, I dey respect you oooo both on SMN and NL but this ur dream get as e be. I come begin think maybe you been high before going to bed 2days ago.

Na you be my oga o if you like make you dey code urself. Na we know you. grin.

I surprise self but it was too real...

I couldnt believe it too however i knew i would be attacked on the forum but i had to say what i saw and i stand firmly to it...

Nothing do me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:12am On Mar 21, 2013
feelamong:

Bros, I beg u! Try give me a shot of that thing wey you smoke last nite!

E don tey wey I been dream last!

grin.

@feelamong, my oga at the top...

I no take anything o...

Na relax mode i dey when i come dream this kind dream...

However, i stand firmly on what i saw...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:24am On Mar 21, 2013

Na so some people wey dey do this pool thing dey dream ooo! JUST DO IT. If you believe in your dreams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mikeapollo, dangle, Rori(m), DaDevin, dammybrite, mails4funshi(m), kdaddy, Blackman101, Streetinvestor2, edwardaigb and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.