Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10971958 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
PETERiCHY:
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has condemned peddlers of a trending hate song denigrating Igbos, warning that the country risks relapsing into genocidal war, akin to what occurred in Rwanda in 1994.

The former vice-president’s warning coincided with the failure of a 10-man committee of a coalition of Northern youths and Igbo leaders, over the expulsion notice given by some Northern youths to Igbos to leave the North by October 1, 2017, to reach an agreement Monday.

“It has come to my attention that a song disparaging people of Igbo origin, and which wishes them dead, is circulating in some parts of the nation. I totally and unequivocally condemn this development, and I call on all men of goodwill to rise up against this evil,” he said in a statement.

According to him, “This song is reminiscent of the beginning of the Rwanda genocide. Nigerians need to be aware that the Rwanda genocide was believed to have been ignited by a song titled ‘Nanga Abahutu (I hate Hutus)’ sung by Rwanda’s then most popular musician, Simon Bikindi. God forbid that we should have such a déjà vu in Nigeria.
“I call on the security agencies to thoroughly and decisively swing into action and apprehend, try, convict and severely punish those behind this ungodly song which incites racial hatred.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/08/08/genocide-looms-atiku-warns-as-igbo-leaders-northern-youths-meeting-over-quit-notice-ends-in-deadlock/

Hi Peterichy, we highly appreciate your timely relay of happenings in the country to us during this time we are too busy to read news elsewhere.
Keep watch, as we are busy mopping cash on the exchange in AUGUST.
If the situation gets a bit worse, PHONE US or come in person to CUSTOM STREET to alert us.
What is the report from SAHARA REPORTERS today?

We appreciate.... grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
@samguru, do you stand by your assertions on c&i leasing, l have ji based on what u said. abeg let me know when you want to jo(quote author=pluto09 post=59264219]

You are spot on. The company still have a long way to go.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
who are those buying Nestle? At N1,121.00... undecided A stock not worth more than 650k....Indeed, Investors behave irrationally most times... grin

In other news, yours truly is sitting tight on my DF and DS...no shaking at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:
who are those buying Nestle? At N1,121.00... undecided A stock not worth more than 650k....Indeed, Investors behave irrationally most times... grin

In other news, yours truly is sitting tight on my DF and DS...no shaking at all.

Evidence of foreign participation ! its trading under $3

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:

brov,, may be you have not check their latest report Q2,,,, the stock is going above N1600 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
DF on full bid @ 6.39 with over 9m bid grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
fxuser:

Exactly $$ conversion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
chunkuli:
@samguru, do you stand by your assertions on c&i leasing, l have ji based on what u said. abeg let me know when you want to jo(quote author=pluto09 post=59264219]

You are spot on. The company still have a long way to go.

you are welcome on board,as i said i will not look back until i reach KM 4.

If you no get liver dont even bother to join the train,as you know stockmarket is not for the fearful ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
cadno:
I have been in this forum since 2011.
I also noticed that 90% of stocks that where over analysed have always Performed poorly or at best disappointed people.
Example: Oando, FCMB, Unity Bank, Evens Med, FO, Mobil, etc. I have all my a whole year savings in Oando at N18 average price, but look at where I am now ...Lolz.

But look at stocks that nobody gives thought to like : Okomu oil, Presco, GT Bank, Dansugar etc.
So my lesson : I no longer follow the noise on any stock over analysed here, I go the opposite.
Hence even as much as I like First Bank...I am not buying yet. DanFlour is also another am not buying.

Please this is my personal opinion.

someone seems to be playing baba ijebu with his money

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nbrew
- breaking n190 on volume
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
currentprice:

brov,, may be you have not check their latest report Q2,,,, the stock is going above N1600 grin

Though I haven't but is there anything special about it that will warrant this overvaluation?...I am not understanding it...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
fxuser:

Is it only the stock men in black is mopping that will push it that high...How come other quality and fundamentally sound stocks are not trading above their intrinsic values....#just thinking aloud.

Anyways, let me go and position myself in Guinness..coz the bus is heading to permanent site... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:

Though I haven't but is there anything special about it that will warrant this overvaluation?...I am not understanding it...

bro abeg check,,, may be you stop looking at the data when you saw PE @ 48. and BV @ 50. for a price of N950 d day result was out

if you finish your check on it you will see that N1600 is at discount grin

grin grin grin

i have no Nestle in my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
currentprice:

bro abeg check,,, may be you stop looking at the data when you saw PE @ 48. and BV @ 50.

when you finish your check on it you will see that N1600 is at discount grin

grin grin grin

I''ll pass bros....Not interested in holding it in my portfolio... grin Though I am not a dividend driven investor, by the end of the year the board will now declare one ridiculous amount as dividend....Stingy people but feeding fat on investors money grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
OakPearl:

Sir,
I have not forgiven myself for not advising you against selling your Zenith Bank when you did.
Please do not let history repeat itself.
Even at 5.50, do not sell your DangFlour.
Brokers are making tonnes of money off you with too many JIJO at such a low profit margin.
It appears just when the stock is about to zoom northward, ur appetite for JO hits the roof top.
Shame the devil this time pls.
Thanks,
#Brother'sKeeper

Mr. Tritri, thanks for heeding this advise.
Are you happy with your Dangflour now? grin

How else can i say Thank u? Maybe when i finally sale i will not forget u. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
My fear for DF is stampede when it gets to KM10.... grin Massive profit taking is certain... grin

fxuser, currentprice, deruggedprof, holms, bullbearmkt....what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
samguru:

you are welcome on board,as i said i will not look back until i reach KM 4.

If you no get liver dont even bother to join the train,as you know stockmarket is not for the fearful ones.
don't be too greedy bro......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
currentprice:

bro abeg check,,, may be you stop looking at the data when you saw PE @ 48. and BV @ 50. for a price of N950 d day result was out

grin grin grin

So what is the current PE and BV plus the dividend yield?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:
My fear for DF is stampede when it gets to KM10.... grin Massive profit taking is certain... grin

...there is a big resistance level around the "KM10" and as you rightly said, profit taking will likely happen. Not sure it's about fear, but rather a cycle.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:

Fear no more, it wont get to 10 this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mpeace:
Fear no more, it wont get to 10 this year.

Fear the more it will by pass N10 grin

Okay the question is does it worth N10 or more? Access has been dancing N10 dance for long now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
currentprice:

grin grin grin

With a BV of N50 and PE of 48, I don't understand how Nestle is undervalued. I guess I can't see what you are seeing.

Even a small company with a high potential for growth with a PE of 48, before I can invest in such a company it needs to have the ability to grow her earnings by a minimum of 30% for the next 5 years.

People buying Nestle and NB at the current valuations are Foreign investors who will later sell to our Institutional investors like Pension Funds, Mutual Funds and Insurance companies. After all the so called institutional investors are not trading and investing their personal funds, in the stock market and in the corporate world people take reckless risk with other peoples money.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:

I''ll pass bros....Not interested in holding it in my portfolio... grin Though I am not a dividend driven investor, by the end of the year the board will now declare one ridiculous amount as dividend....Stingy people but feeding fat on investors money grin

The usual interim and final dividends which can't be more than a total of N20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
pluto09:

So what is the current PE and BV plus the dividend yield?

what do u expect @ 950,, PE and BV of 48 , 50 so @ currentprice it will be higher. what am saying is if you look at only dis index you wouldn't probe further. @ Q2 eps of over 20, roe of over 40%,, cash etc grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
Tritri:

How else can i say Thank u? Maybe when i finally sale i will not forget u. grin grin

Better don't be greedy and start locking your profits in batches same way you ought to buy in batches.

As for some of us we are still basking in the MAY/JUNE euphoria while waiting for the coast to get clear by SEPT/ OCT if not we wait to till 3rd week of Dec.

Always Remember the inscriptions on the back of those olden days luxurious bus "NO HURRY IN LIFE,
SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE,
BECAREFUL MANY HAVE GONE"

*ThE OcToPuS*

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Uba come down lil bit pls...back to back

What if uba pays 30k inter div ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
PETERiCHY:

Better don't be greedy and start locking your profits in batches same way you ought to buy in batches.

As for some of us we are still basking in the MAY/JUNE euphoria while waiting for the coast to get clear by SEPT/ OCT if not we wait to till 3rd week of Dec.

Always Remember the inscriptions on the back of those olden days luxurious bus "NO HURRY IN LIFE,
SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE,
BECAREFUL MANY HAVE GONE"

*ThE OcToPuS*

CRITICAL.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Coolcash1:

i think it will breach the N10 levels with fake out to 11 , 12...thereafter begin to retrace back below the 10 zone. until new report come out to determine new move 2 up/down side grin

nobody can say if the current movement can reach this levels or not but all i know is Q2 fair price is around this 10 levels
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
pluto09:

C&I is a stock with good prospect (has always been). My major concern is their incosistency over time. The profit in q2 can disaapear in the next quaters. It is instructive to note that the profit declared in last year audited account was from other income,foreing exchange gains which is not sustainable.
They appear to be getting better going by the improvement in turnover, shareholder's fund, and retained earnings. Only time will tell if they are really out of the wood,though it might be too late then to take position

NB; I have some tasere units here that i bought last week friday at N1

The other good thing going for them is their consistency in dividend payment even though small. Half bread is better than.....please trade your plan. @Bullbearmkt where art thou?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
[/quote]
austinkenneth:
Progress in currency liberalization has always happened when Buhari was away.

Now he is away and people are are anticipating that the system has been loosed from its strong moorings (shackles).

Lets all stay put. We may have an Egypt loading. I'm disappointed mainly because the lower the index stays the better for me so that I can load more before the eventual devaluation. But all the same, lets enjoy the ride.

A pullback may happen if the foreign investors are not Ok with the floatation.

But see below what happened in Egypt and judge for your self whether it is not worth it playing this MMM.

Don't come here to say you JOed and missed out.

Egypt

1st Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 8,448
3rd Nov. 2016: Egypt devalues/floats currency
13th Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 10,917
30th Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 11,453
Current EGX 30: 12,934

Being in the market 2 weeks after devaluation/ floatation is key.

This is going to happen here in naija and is going to be the most important event this year.

[quote author=austinkenneth post=57127308]

Remember the above post. At least followers of this forum can not say they were not alerted about this current bull, laying credence to the relevance of this chat forum which I think is the best in the country.

While reading through this forum, we all need to filter out the key thing we need.

The effect of currency floatation after a period of peg or currency devaluation, has been there for everyone to see. It has happened in Russia, Sweden, Indonesia, Argentina, Venezuela where their stock markets gained massively. It happened more recently in nearby Egypt where where their index rose by 50% one month after currency floatation.

It was only matter of time before the same situation replicated itself here. Stocks markets worldwide are devaluation hedges.

It only pains me that when advice is given at the end of a painstaking research, it is not heeded to.

Some people in my office thought I had lost my mind when i shared with them that I borrowed money this year to buy shares. Some of them are coming back to ask me where they should enter.

I think the market will keep shooting up until around at least until index value of 38000 before stabilising. That is another 20% upside from current levels.

Hey folks.... Remember the above posts.

It's been awhile. I went away because I felt I shouldn't be watching my assets minute by minute, hour by hour

The Naira has effectively been devalued via the NAFEX window and what do we see.... a ~50% jump in ASI before retreating.

Another Egypt has played itself out here...

I made some money...It was like a very sure thing for me. History always repeats itself.

This prediction has been out here several times this year. Hope a few people picked it up.

Please let us always keep our eyes open on this forum. There is a lot of good info flying around here but sometimes haphazardly. Therefore you need to be able to sift through the noise and get the signal.

I have immensely benefited (in terms of money) from ideas on this forums which I got for free.

Happy investing.

I have no clue as to what the next big thing (strategically) will be going forward.... Anyone that has, please let us all know.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
austinkenneth:

austinkenneth:
Progress in currency liberalization has always happened when Buhari was away.

Now he is away and people are are anticipating that the system has been loosed from its strong moorings (shackles).

Lets all stay put. We may have an Egypt loading. I'm disappointed mainly because the lower the index stays the better for me so that I can load more before the eventual devaluation. But all the same, lets enjoy the ride.

A pullback may happen if the foreign investors are not Ok with the floatation.

But see below what happened in Egypt and judge for your self whether it is not worth it playing this MMM.

Don't come here to say you JOed and missed out.

Egypt

1st Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 8,448
3rd Nov. 2016: Egypt devalues/floats currency
13th Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 10,917
30th Nov. 2016: EGX 30: 11,453
Current EGX 30: 12,934

Being in the market 2 weeks after devaluation/ floatation is key.

This is going to happen here in naija and is going to be the most important event this year.

Hey folks.... Remember the above posts.

It's been awhile. I went away because I felt I shouldn't be watching my assets minute by minute, hour by hour

The Naira has effectively been devalued via the NAFEX window and what do we see.... a ~50% jump in ASI before retreating.

Another Egypt has played itself out here...

I made some money...It was like a very sure thing for me. History always repeats itself.

This prediction has been out here several times this year. Hope a few people picked it up.

Please let us always keep our eyes open on this forum. There is a lot of good info flying around here but sometimes haphazardly. Therefore you need to be able to sift through the noise and get the signal.

I have immensely benefited (in terms of money) from ideas on this forums which I got for free.

Happy investing.

I have no clue as to what the next big thing (strategically) will be going forward.... Anyone that has, please let us all know.

Congrats, now you should be swimming in Money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.