Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,181 members, 7,860,236 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11065791 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 10:46am On Jan 14, 2018
personally, I will go with the banks because there will be an improvement in asset quality cos of rise in crude oil price. Most of them have huge exposure to the oil industry, hence most of their loans will be recovered and written back which will boost their profit. investors could see that and that is why most banks are on bid. There is still room for upside in all the banks especially the tier 2 banks capable of doing 100%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2018
kokobaba:

There is still room for upside on many stocks. I believe stocks like fbnh, dangote flour, dangote sugar,fcmb,diamond, sterling,transcorp will still appreciate. Even dead stocks like Skye are going on full bid and capable of doing 100%. due diligence advised

Thanks. I may not want to load more on Diamond considering what I have been reading, though something might have sparked investors' appetite there.

I will look at fbnh and DF.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2018
@fxuser:

What do you think the amazon monthly chart would be saying between 2014 through 2016?
I think this is more akin to hindsight is 20-20. The inactive investors many times make the most returns. That is not to say they were following the trend. I am very sure the monthly chart would have been screeming sell or at best neutral between those three years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 11:01am On Jan 14, 2018
Kashif:

Thanks. I may not want to load more on Diamond considering what I have been reading, though something might have sparked investors' appetite there.

I will look at fbnh and DF.
Please, can you share what you have been reading about Diamond bank?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2018
sky2891:

Please, can you share what you have been reading about Diamond bank?

Liquidity problems, poor or non-existent dividend, toxic loan exposures. .....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 11:09am On Jan 14, 2018
Kashif:

I won't invest in diamond for long term but I think its one of the best stocks for jijo. my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
@fxuser:

What do you think the amazon monthly chart would be saying between 2014 through 2016?
I think this is more akin to hindsight is 20-20. The inactive investors many times make the most returns. That is not to say they were following the trend. I am very sure the monthly chart would have been screaming sell or at best neutral between those three years.

ur very right boss ..
a red month is a sell for me ... infact if prices drops or is trading below prev monthly close .. arrgh im out oh ... a healthy trend usually takes a month or 2 rest period but me never mature reach dat level , i no like wahala

But once price breaks above that prev highest monthly close we are back in for a ''possibility'' of a fresh move
GTbank , Sugar , Flour and all the big movers all exhibit this same behaviour or let cal dem ''possibilities''

In fact i study GT chart endlessly , once SP broke its prev monthly high after some weeks on consolidation ... it jumps straight ahead for a fresh move.. the 25 to n33 , d N33 to 40 , then 40 to 50 .. amazing stuff

#MegaYearAhead

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by HallaDaTruth: 11:26am On Jan 14, 2018

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 11:37am On Jan 14, 2018
A bull market typically creates opportunity for money to be made in so many companies including dead companies. But we have to be careful and know when to exit, take profits from these dead companies and move on. Amazed to even see some long forgotten insurance companies going on full bid. Stock market na wao.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2018
kokobaba:
A bull market typically creates opportunity for money to be made in so many companies including dead companies. But we have to be careful and know when to exit, take profits from these dead companies and move on. Amazed to even see some long forgotten insurance companies going on full bid. Stock market na wao.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:52am On Jan 14, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz_9VsW869Y

lol nice vid
We need d public to have some serious major FOMO in Q2 - Q4
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:55am On Jan 14, 2018
Coolcash1:
During bull seasons, it's allowed to do stunt with some "touch not" penny stocks. More often than not, if you play smart, you run away with hefty loot.... grin..

Newbies please stay-off it. It's purely for the daredevil traders..... grin

#DangerousJIJO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2018
fxuser:

ur very right boss ..
a red month is a sell for me ... infact if prices drops or is trading below prev monthly close .. arrgh im out oh ... a healthy trend usually takes a month or 2 rest period but me never mature reach dat level , i no like wahala

But once price breaks above that prev highest monthly close we are back in for a ''possibility'' of a fresh move
GTbank , Sugar , Flour and all the big movers all exhibit this same behaviour or let cal dem ''possibilities''

In fact i study GT chart endlessly , once SP broke its prev monthly high after some weeks on consolidation ... it jumps straight ahead for a fresh move.. the 25 to n33 , d N33 to 40 , then 40 to 50 .. amazing stuff

#MegaYearAhead

Can you explain what leads to a situation whereby a stock continues to drop in price after a period of supposedly consolidation.... What's the trigger?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2018
Kashif:

ok oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2018
mendes911:

Can you explain what leads to a situation whereby a stock continues to drop in price after a period of supposedly consolidation.... What's the trigger?

If a stock is trading above its 200 dma for ex., consolidations or pull back will come and they may take days,weeks in different forms since d bulls get exhausted but eventually prices will tend to continue in d direction of the major trend line.

But the some corrections may drop by up to 50% and some may hold on to their gains (Afriprud comes to mind here) before resuming their major trend path.

We may see some of this soon (days or weeks), esp with stocks dat may have gained massively like 200% for example in a short period , a correction shud be expected but its not necessarily a trend change
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deathwing(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
Good afternoon guys,

This is a lovely thread, and I joined it to pick up some stock sense, but i must confess that a lot of what you guys are saying goes a bit over my head. I;m trying to look to pointers that will lead me to invest in certain stocks, but I haven't been able to decipher.

I'm not saying you should tell me the stocks to buy, but I'd like your advice on companies to follow/investigate/read up on so as to make my own decision, or upcoming offerings.

Thank you. Great job you're doing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
Kashif:
Na wa for this market. Due to my previous mistakes, I am not sure now where to put my loose cash. In 2016, I bought UCAP and sold within a week or so because I didn't understand their business.

Took a plunge into Diamond, which only turned green last week. I also have Skye lipsrsealed

If I had stayed with UCAP like I was advised, I would have been 120% up at least.

My fingers are itching again, even though I have better control now.

Let me just declare that I am confused on what to buy! Fundamentally sound stocks are looking to be at their fair prices already. undecided

To make profit in the Nigerian Stock Market you need to approach it like you are playing Nigerian politics where there are no permanent friends nor enemies but permanent interest.
The quoted companies are the parties, you are the politician while fundamentals, market situation, prevailing investor sentiments, etc are the voters. the difference here is that you can belong to more than one party at a time.
So once a stock you are friends with is obviously no longer going to serve your ultimate investment interest, there is nothing wrong with defecting to any other one.
It is however also necessary to do your DD about how much your permanent investment interest is realizable in the stock you have chosen to defect to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
GANDALF1:

You are correct. show below is a portfolio adjustment of MSCI Nigeria ETF fund. Then imported more cash to load more equities. We ain't seen nothing Yet.

These funds are still buying ooo Chai.

Greed no good ooo.

Make we dey look sha.

We need a major pullback. The bus needs to roll back from Sokoto to Lokoja!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
GANDALF1:

You are correct. show below is a portfolio adjustment of MSCI Nigeria ETF fund. Then imported more cash to load more equities. We ain't seen nothing Yet.

These funds are still buying ooo Chai.

Greed no good ooo.

Make we dey look sha.

We need a major pullback. The bus needs to roll back from Sokoto to Lokoja!

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Deadlytruth:

To make profit in the Nigerian Stock Market you need to approach it like you are playing Nigerian politics where there are no permanent friends nor enemies but permanent interest.
The quoted companies are the parties, you are the politician while fundamentals, market situation, prevailing investor sentiments, etc are the voters. the difference here is that you can belong to more than one party at a time.
So once a stock you are friends with is obviously no longer going to serve your ultimate investment interest, there is nothing wrong with defecting to any other one.
It is however also necessary to do your DD about how much your permanent investment interest is realizable in the stock you have chosen to defect to.

No permanent friend nor permanent enemy.

Just permanent interest ~ making money.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2018
fxuser:

200 small oh , dats under a mil usd
dis naira sef

So you dey speak pidgin my Oga.

I think say you be ajeburaa! grin

To comfortably retire, he needs a minimum of 500. This will place him on a sure footing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2018
Deadlytruth:

That is the DEADLY TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
deathwing:
Good afternoon guys,

This is a lovely thread, and I joined it to pick up some stock sense, but i must confess that a lot of what you guys are saying goes a bit over my head. I;m trying to look to pointers that will lead me to invest in certain stocks, but I haven't been able to decipher.

I'm not saying you should tell me the stocks to buy, but I'd like your advice on companies to follow/investigate/read up on so as to make my own decision, or upcoming offerings.

Start reading books on stocks. Go online and read alot. Then come back during the bear!

Guys eyes dey red, they are on their SELL switch.

Everyone's prayer is for trading to continue even during weekends. But that isn't the case because we must rest on weekends. Now the prayer is for Sunday to disappear faster and let weekdays show. No time!

grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
deathwing:
Good afternoon guys,

Sir, I been wan talk but as I see your moniker I postrate oh. Wehdon sir how family?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
Deadlytruth:

word sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
fxuser:

See this Amazon ''MONTHLY'' chart . The monthly cant hear d Noise
.. this how these chaps turn 10k usd to 10m usd by sitting still with the trend #MovingOn
. ., FA will be shouting PE too high , price too high umm .
We TA folks need up our game and learn to sit still even more with d trend and never ignore price breaks to new levels as oppurtunites

#ChartStudy #KeepLearning

If you had $500K in it @ d beginning of 2010 and someone had mistakenly accused you of a crime that gave you 7yrs, which prevented you from selling during periods of uncertainty, you will not even need grace to forgive such a person today.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Sir, I been wan talk but as I see your moniker I postrate oh. Wehdon sir how family?
baffles me oo. I don't know what they saw in that word.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

12,950 naira.

Well don sir!

Na so I just dey laugh the guy... grin when real men they wear Tom ford Oud wood, tobacco vanille, Creed Aventus et al he is advertising "danjualar" perfume.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
Coolcash1:

Na so I just dey laugh the guy... grin when real men they wear Tom ford Oud wood, tobacco vanille, Creed Aventus et al he is advertising "danjualar" perfume.... grin
lol you no see the name ? Four hundred naira grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Infact, there is everything wrong in staying back where you are no longer sure of a ticket, if elections are close... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (2952) (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olaide1295, JimMumin(m), talktofemi, eudoh940(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.