Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,307 members, 7,853,419 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11042577 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (7807) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
valacious:

i cant but agree with you sir, the basic thing is seeing opportunities. i think the good old days are coming back.

What do you have to say, concerning the bumper harvest from Okomu Oil?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

What do you have to say, concerning the bumper harvest from Okomu Oil?

comes once in a blue moon, except you are an insider,you get to know about it. last time i experienced 1 for 1 was capplc. last year. think they enjoy serious monopoly and govt support in their area of oil sales. so for the shareholders, pay your tithe, spoil yourself a little, and reinvest!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

Okomu Oil is really making money from their Oil Palm and rubber plantation. How are these guys making so much money from Agriculture.

Bros thats the same question that came to my mind....however, i believe government hands are involved in aid the company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
Josh121: NAME OF COMPANY: NIGERIAN AVIATION HANDLING CO PLC (Nahco aviance)
DATE: 03/04/2013
REPORTING PERIOD:31/12/2012
Corporate Actions
Proposed Dividend 25k per share
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date 14 June 2013
Closure Date 17-21 June 2013
AGM Date 12 July 2013
Payment Date 12 July 2013
AGM Venue To be Communicated[b][/b]

NAHCO has really disappointed its shareholders, i now knw why it has been falling since last week...some people strong for information sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Bros thats the same question that came to my mind....however, i believe government hands are involved in aid the company

Their is no country where farmers or stakeholders in the Agricultural sectors are not subsidized by government.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

NAHCO has really disappointed its shareholders, i now knw why it has been falling since last week...some people strong for information sha

at times just follow the market, guess some people saw their results before it came out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by glogirl(f): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
Manie,
I don't know how long you've been trading stocks, but you have to realize that the banks have never had the history of paying huge dividends. They are heaviliy capitalized and a bank like GTB has about 25billion shares in the SE. So even if they pay out their entire PAT of 86billionn they can't pay more than 3 naira. I think 0.60 is ok. Let's pray for hifher profits next year and then beta dividennds.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
glogirl: Manie,
I don't know how long you've been trading stocks, but you have to realize that the banks have never had the history of paying huge dividends. They are heaviliy capitalized and a bank like GTB has about 25billion shares in the SE. So even if they pay out their entire PAT of 86billionn they can't pay more than 3 naira. I think 0.60 is ok. Let's pray for hifher profits next year and then beta dividennds.

You compare the dividend paid with the price of the stock. You also need to consider the earning of the stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sterling Bank plc

CORPORATE ACTIONS
Proposed Dividend 20 kobo per share
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date 12th April, 2013
Closure Date 15th to 19th April, 2013
AGM Date 2nd May, 2013
Payment Date 3rd May, 2013
AGM Venue Eko Hotel & Suites, VI, Lagos
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:
You compare the dividend paid with the price of the stock. You also need to consider the earning of the stock.
Agreed. What are their profits like?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Seun: Agreed. What are their profits like?

I think Zenith made an earning per share of over N3.00, Access made EPS of almost N1.70k. I think these figures are not too bad considering the prices the stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Seun: Agreed. What are their profits like?

@seun, kindly visit www.proshareng.com for the full results of Zenith, Access, GTB, sterling bank and Nahco with detailed analysis....That will help you alot.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Sterling Bank plc

CORPORATE ACTIONS
Proposed Dividend 20 kobo per share
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date 12th April, 2013
Closure Date 15th to 19th April, 2013
AGM Date 2nd May, 2013
Payment Date 3rd May, 2013
AGM Venue Eko Hotel & Suites, VI, Lagos

I am happy for those that bought into sterling bank as suggested earlier...@feelamong i dey see you o...make you enjoy..

Skye bank and FBN result are going to be good too..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nobody is talking about UBA hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

I think Zenith made an earning per share of over N3.00, Access made EPS of almost N1.70k. I think these figures are not too bad considering the prices the stocks.

Spot on! I think they are very good. Bear in mind Nigerian Breweries paid the same dividend as Zenith, at six times the share price. Also bear in mid the banks have a much lower PEG.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
Apologies. I see NB paid N3.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
shigidi:

Spot on! I think they are very good. Bear in mind Nigerian Breweries paid the same dividend as Zenith, at six times the share price. Also bear in mid the banks have a much lower PEG.

NB paid N3.00, but Zenith paid N1.60k. EPS of NB is about N4.00, while Zenith EPS is over N3.00. I think NB, Unilever, Nestle and PZ are over-valued earning wise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michael11stock: Nobody is talking about UBA hmmmm

UBA should be able to pay 70k dividend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

please manie when is thier closing date
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
Now is the result declaration period for more than 70% of the companies listed on the Nigerian stock exchange. The results so far declared are not too bad.
Congrats to the investors who mopped up shares when they were selling at low prices, we pray that the harvest for the year ending 2013 will be a super bumper harvest.

I am anxiously waiting for the results from FBN and UBA.

The declaration from the Palm oil and Rubber Plantation by Okomu Oil is the bomb. Okomu Shareholders who bought at N10 to N15.00 should expecting a ten bagger. This is a term I learnt from Peter Lynch.

NB Okomu Oil closed at N87.70k today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie: Now is the result declaration period for more than 70% of the companies listed on the Nigerian stock exchange. The results so far declared are not too bad.
Congrats to the investors who mopped up shares when they were selling at low prices, we pray that the harvest for the year ending 2013 will be a super bumper harvest.

I am anxiously waiting for the results from FBN and UBA.

The declaration from the Palm oil and Rubber Plantation by Okomu Oil is the bomb. Okomu Shareholders who bought at N10 to N15.00 should expecting a ten bagger. This is a term I learnt from Peter Lynch.

NB Okomu Oil closed at N87.70k today.

With the right management, manpower, infrastructure and business acumen, I think legitimately wealth can be created from the Agricultural sector. Okomu and Presco are in the Agricultural sector, and they are creating wealth for their shareholders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Redoil: please manie when is thier closing date

The result isnt out yet...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Redoil: please manie when is thier closing date

The result is not out, just made a forecast based on the earnings for the 3rd quarter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

ok thanks @Manie i dey wait for them oooo to release kia kia
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
please the guru in the house, how do you calculate Price to Book P/B of a company and what does it mean?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
ETI Bank plc

CORPORATE ACTIONS
Proposed Dividend 0.40cents per share
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date Nil
Closure Date Nil
AGM Date Nil
Payment Date Nil
AGM Venue Nil
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
I invested the SOP I was paid by my bank this year in sterling. I bought 100k units at 2.64K. I thank God the result is good. It gained over 9% today, closed at abt 3.01 naira. What do u think shld be d target/exit price?
Am seriously bleeding in other shares I bought. My entry price was wrong. My hope is now on Nascon. Its over 50% of my portfolio. I pray wat happened to Nahco doesn't happen to Nascon. I also pray dt Aiico shld nt disappoint. The other investments I did, I consider them a loss. I just pray I don't loose all. Ftn cocoa is now in the car park. If they remove the 50k limit, who knows if it will get to 10k. If I had followed my sugar dream, I wuld have been better off. They recently acquired another sugar company.

Plz how much do u guys pay ur brokers on buy and sale? They charge me 1.8% and 2.2%. Any broker with lesser fee?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
YOUR OWN IS GOOD SELF, MY BROKER TALK 5% IN ANY STOCK I BUY OR SELL. STOCKBULL,BORN 2BE RICH E.T.C PLS GIVE ME SOME GOOD BROKERS THAT TALK BELOW THIS AND STRONG TO DO BUSINESS WITH.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
feelamong:

Absolutely poor result! am already heavy on this.. I will not sell! I will wait for it to drop more and increase my holdings gradually....hopefully they will turn a corner sonest!
We go manage am. at all, at all na em bad o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
Now I know why sterling is gaining heavily. They are coming to the market to raise funds. Let me enjoy d ride while it lasts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ihe,
try TRUSTHOUSE INVESTMENT LTD, they are at sumbo jibowu str, off
awolowo rd, mobil bstop, ikoyi. think their total for buy and sell
should be around 4.0% or so. but low compared to others. ask to see
taiwo. they are good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 5:32am On Apr 04, 2013
ihedioramma: YOUR OWN IS GOOD SELF, MY BROKER TALK 5% IN ANY STOCK I BUY OR SELL. STOCKBULL,BORN 2BE RICH E.T.C PLS GIVE ME SOME GOOD BROKERS THAT TALK BELOW THIS AND STRONG TO DO BUSINESS WITH.
brother, any stockbroker demanding above 2% from u as commission, be it to buy or sell is a jobber. I use cashcraft asset management, they take 1.8% for buy and 2% for sell. So pls visit their website to find their office near u. Remain bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (7807) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ExpertDealer, ggoldmine, SonofElElyonRet, poxibility, leparj(m), USAfall2024, Hogwarthtrades, perfectgen(m), GRACEWORDBOOKS, bbduty, megawealth01, ositadima1(m), Nvednutfr33(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.