Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10942595 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3861) (3862) (3863) (3864) (3865) (3866) (3867) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
moneywoman74:
Good day house,

I have just discovered this thread, though i have been an investor for some years, but after bumping into the thread some weeks back and having read a bit of the some of the contribution from men and women of intellectuals and experienced, i regretted not having came across this thread all these while, anyway it is still not yet late.

Going by the idea of selling and averaging down, I don't know what to do now because i am already on heavy loss mainly on Zenith, caverton and to say that i sold my Unilever to invest the proceed on Caverton is an understatement, anyway i don't see myself standing in a position of selling at a huge loss. I will rather pray to have more money to average down during the Bonanze period.

But please, I did not see any provision for posting a new topic, like when i wanted to do this write up i looked up for the word "post" but did not not see, hence my resolve to use the "reply" please i need tutor for i am here to learn.

However, i crave everyone indulgence to be mindless of my grammar and terminology.

Thanks to everyone for your great input to the thread.

you are highly welcome moneywoman!as you can see this place is rich with information you can hardly get elsewhere,diverse views.for your zenith problems please consult yariya!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yayira:
Loco you don get alert ?

yes.got incomplete dividend alert at first.The completion just landed.
Have you gotten yours?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
moneywoman74:
Good day house,

I have just discovered this thread, though i have been an investor for some years, but after bumping into the thread some weeks back and having read a bit of the some of the contribution from men and women of intellectuals and experienced, i regretted not having came across this thread all these while, anyway it is still not yet late.

Going by the idea of selling and averaging down, I don't know what to do now because i am already on heavy loss mainly on Zenith, caverton and to say that i sold my Unilever to invest the proceed on Caverton is an understatement, anyway i don't see myself standing in a position of selling at a huge loss. I will rather pray to have more money to average down during the Bonanze period.

But please, I did not see any provision for posting a new topic, like when i wanted to do this write up i looked up for the word "post" but did not not see, hence my resolve to use the "reply" please i need tutor for i am here to learn.

However, i crave everyone indulgence to be mindless of my grammar and terminology.

Another woman on board Men take note tongue we gonna tick y’all out of this game soon.. grin

Welcome moneywoman.. grin chia i like that name.
~ If you want to post use the reply button
~ Money wey you go use average down go come just hold on tight. No panic you hear ? Even if e no come carry bed lie down! All these reggae go soon change to blues.. Its just a phase, it will pass. You got nice stocks.. hang on!.
~ Like you already said it’s not late, you in the right place.. will learn and some mistakes will reduce.. just be observing and pick those you wish to learn more from by either asking them questions here or sending them an email..
You’ll learn from everyone here but there are some members here smh their knowledge about this business no bi here and you can’t help but want to have them as friends..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
locodemy:

yes.got incomplete dividend alert at first.The completion just landed.
Have you gotten yours?

Yeah but why ? Mine too was not complete..
This people no know say some of us don go through shtt for their stock hand ?
They are supposed to give us extra bonus slf grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneywoman74: 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thank you so much for a warm welcome my dear friend Yariya, I really appreciate. For my Zenith, I have decided to hang on just as you rightly said after the "raggea comes the blues"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneywoman74: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
you are highly welcome moneywoman!as you can see this place is rich with information you can hardly get elsewhere,diverse views.for your zenith problems please consult yariya!

Thank you so much @ Dollartex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
moneywoman74:
Good day house,

You are highly welcome. If you do not have any pressing need for money, I will advise you not to sell at a loss. There is still possibility that those equities may get to your purchase price (even before the election period that we are shouting). As for the bolded, you need not worry. There are so many of us on this forum that went to night school. One Love.

cc: Pa Ihedi

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yayira:

Yeah but why ? Mine too was not complete..
This people no know say some of us don go through shtt for their stock hand ?
They are supposed to give us extra

Extra?If they see a way to divert your little dividend,they will do.I thank God for this day.I am contented with the good figure I have as an interim dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
kolaish:
You are highly welcome. If you do not have any pressing need for money, I will advise you not to sell at a loss. There is still possibility that those equities may get to your purchase price (even before the election period that we are shouting). As for the bolded, you need not worry. There are so many of us on this forum that went to night school. One Love.

cc: Pa Ihedi

Huh ? Why you throw Pa Ihedi stone this hot afternoon na ? Anyway your cc miss one person grin me too no go book. Na money I sabi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yayira:

Huh ? Why you throw Pa Ihedi stone this hot afternoon na ? Anyway your cc miss one person grin me too no go book. Na money I sabi
I have been missing him all this while, that is why I used his 'One Love' mantra. I just hope Livestock has not sent him to the village like Agba grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
locodemy:

Extra?If they see a way to divert your little dividend,they will do.I thank God for this day.I am contented with the good figure I have as an interim dividend.

Sure!...I know... but I give them 24 hours if I no get my balance, na grammar we go speak tomorrow.. make I go arrange my words..
What kind of rough play is all this one na ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yayira:

Sure!...I know... but I give them 24 hours if I no get my balance, na grammar we go speak tomorrow.. make I go arrange my words..
What kind of rough play is all this one na ?

Just hold on.you will get it.It took 3 hrs for me to get the second alert.I was furious then just as you are now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hello everyone. Its obvious the bounce is putting smiles on our faces, even though the fear of the unknown makes the smile superficial.

I need some technical advice on UCAP. I am currently on 20-22% loss, but I have long term plans for it (dividend yield is my major target). I have been trying to sell at least 30% of my holdings at N3.10 if possible, so I can have cash if it falls to as low as N2.70. And I'm thinking of diverting the funds into AFRIPRUD, if UCAP does not dip as I "speculate".

Please note: I have refused to use stop loss in the past, and I ended up selling FBNH at N5 (on emergency need of cash) after buying at an overall average of N10.98 due to averaging down from about N13. Thank you all a small I anticipate your contributions.

Cc. BullBearMkt, fxuser, currentprice, every kind member.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good day. House.
I have a question.
Are dividends paid Annually?
Just once in a year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Good day. House.
I have a question.
Just once in a year?

Some coys pay dividend Annual while others half year. , Depending on there performance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
tritritri:

Some coys pay dividend Annual while others half year. , Depending on there performance
Okay
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
Capitas7:
Hello everyone. Its obvious the bounce is putting smiles on our faces, even though the fear of the unknown makes the smile superficial.

I need some technical advice on UCAP. I am currently on 20-22% loss, but I have long term plans for it (dividend yield is my major target). I have been trying to sell at least 30% of my holdings at N3.10 if possible, so I can have cash if it falls to as low as N2.70. And I'm thinking of diverting the funds into AFRIPRUD, if UCAP does not dip as I "speculate".

Please note: I have refused to use stop loss in the past, and I ended up selling FBNH at N5 (on emergency need of cash) after buying at an overall average of N10.98 due to averaging down from about N13. Thank you all a small I anticipate your contributions.

Be patience If the Bull countinue it will get to 3.10. but if bear comes again it might touch 2.70.

On afriprud i will let our boss here advice u .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Capitas7:

Please pardon if it sounds rude to copy specific members. I did so because they analysed for me in the past. I learn from everyone here, I welcome and apppreciate contributions from any kind member.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
tritritri:

Be patience If the Bull countinue it will get to 3.10. but if bear comes again it might touch 2.70.

On afriprud i will let our boss here advice u .
Thank you very much oga @Tritri.

I think by this you mean this hanging uncertainty respects no stock. I will take action at >=3.10, or just remain focused on my long term aim.....buy more at at a seeming bottom price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Good day. House.
I have a question.
Just once in a year?

It seems nobodyknows the answer to your question. Hehehe...

Well, on a more serious note, it depends on the company. Some pay twice a year (i.e. interim and final) e.g. GTB, ACCESS, STANBIC IBTC, ZENITH, and the likes; others pay once in a year while some others don't pay every year mostly due to insufficient profits after tax to do so. However, some stubborn ones pay even though they make meaningless profits or even loses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
tritritri:

And some dont pay ANY dividend cheesy

Dividend is NOT automatic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
NSE MARKET UPDATE FOR 29 AUGUST 2018

MARKET INDEX SHEDS 44 BASIS POINTS AS INVESTORS LOSE N57BN
Trading activities on the Nigerian bourse closed today 29 August 2018 southwards. Benchmark index, NSE ASI and market capitalization trimmed by 0.44% to close at 35,358.94 basis points and N12.910 trillion respectively. Overall year-to-date return now stands @ -7.54%.

NEM led the volume log with 180.06m units followed by UBA / TRANSCORP with 27.20m / 21.75m. NEM also led the value chart with N540.11m followed by ETI / GUARANTY with N383.05m / N350.23m.

CBN official exchange rate closed at N306.15/$, I & E Fx rate closed at N363.06/$; parallel market rate closed at N361/$. As at time of this report (5.25pm), Brent Crude was being traded at $76.65p/b in the international commodities market.

ACTIVITY LEVEL
At end of the trading session, a total of 345.06m units of stocks worth N2.27b was exchanged in 3,261 deals. Financial Services sector accounted for 87% of total volume traded (81% by value), Conglomerates accounted for 6.38% of volume (1.35% of value), while Oil and Gas accounted for 3% of volume (4.11% of value).

MARKET BREADTH CLOSES NEGATIVE
Advancers/Decliners ratio pegged at 0.67x for the day with 18 gainers and 27 losers.

PORTPAINT led the gainers with an increase of 9.96% to close at N2.98, followed by REGALINS / SKYEBANK which gained 9.52% / 7.69% to close at N0.23/ N0.56 respectively. Decliners log were by LIVESTOCK which lost 10% to close at N0.54; STDINSURE / LASACO also shed 9.52% / 9.09% to close the day at N0.38 / N0.30 respectively.

SOURCE: Arthur Stevens Asset Management
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
wanaj0:
And some dont pay ANY dividend cheesy Dividend is NOT automatic
Boss, you are too much, you always try to cover all angles. cool
Lest the guy be expecting dividend from Oando, Skye bank, Livestock and the likes, thus mailing epistles to their registrars on why his/her dividend wasn't paid this year. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogedanny: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
yok:
SEE WHAT HELP THE UPWARD MOVE ON DIAMOND AND TRANSCORP FOR 28 AUGUST 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

The Fund is back!!! Let us enjoy this mini ride, made additional investment in Diamond, Transcorp and others. I believe the fund is now ready to pick up some opportunities.

For people like me, we are still going back to our drawing board to see how we can benefit from this bounce.

Let ignore the stone throwers please. Some people are not investing to make money nor are they interested in learning either[b] TA or FA[/b]. Let us ignore the charlatans, abusers etc. and move on to provide value in whatever area we could to this forum, for me I will not be distracted as long as I know that I am providing value to others.

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

N:B

Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

Yoks, how do I reach you?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
20kobo from UBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Capitas7:

...@Capitas7 since your objective is towards dividend yield, then you don't need to worry much. But you also mentioned selling at 3.10 since you're now on 20% loss meaning you probably bought it around 3.60. I guess you want to know if it will dip below 2.70 or move back to 3.10 so that you can sell about 30% of your holding? shocked

Technically, the stock has been testing its weekly support at N2.86 or there about for the past 3 weeks and looks that the price level is holding & couple with its ongoing accumulation, the stock could witness some rally or at worse hovering between 2.86 and 3.20 for a while. The monthly support sits at 2.50 and needs to break the weekly support first.

I hope this helps.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
https://nairametrics.com/cbn-fines-4-banks-%E2%82%A65-65bn-because-of-mtn/

In view of this, the CBN has also asked the banks and MTN Nigeria to immediately repatriate a total of $8.134 billion; being part of funds that were illegally taken out of Nigeria by the telco.

Standard Chartered Bank- ₦2.4 billion
Stanbic IBTC- ₦1.8 billion
Citibank- ₦1.2 billion and
Diamond Bank Plc- ₦250 million
MTN - $8 Billion

By the time they list this MTN na the shell we go see. I like the way govt is dealing with them. DSTV need this same treatment. Diamond bank, we never see profit the one almost available is going. Mr. Uzuoma what sin did we commit? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3861) (3862) (3863) (3864) (3865) (3866) (3867) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ZikkyChops(m), dangle, chillykelly86(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.