Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11068264 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
bigx:

You arrived at that conclusion via technical or fundamental analysis?

I personally wont touch it, I know it might get to 10 naira but its not my type

Its trading at its year high
I cant remember it paying any dividends
The first quarter results just released show 25% drop in PAT compared to 162% gain same period last year
PE ratio is outrageous

The only redeeming factor is the Investment by UACN which is a stock I've never sold for almost 10 years now and which i believe would improve management.

What are you looking for dividend or capital appreciation? I saw Livestock moves when it was 2.30 and i bought well over
250T now i think i will just cash out and re-enter when it falls. I don't trade for div stocks, i trade base on technical anaysis and that is what is climbing livestock up..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Toluway: Thanks guys. I picked 7up for short cum long term potentials. Strong and durable. Long term brand. It is also dividend paying. I only thought an international reputation like 7up will be more reliable and trustworthy than Dangote on long term basis. I also think that Wapco would be more reliable than Dangote's show in a competitive scenario.Kindly let me know if you dont agree with my outlook Elai, I'm a learner.

I am aware that many of the stocks I mentioned have suddenly faced southward. Ihedioramma you will recall in my post above that I said that I will buy these stocks "when the technical indicator points bullish". One shouldn't blindly jump into the market like that. I'm waiting to jump in when the bus resumes it's Northward escapade. Should I call it Northampton? Thank you for your sensitisation.

We are all learning and like I said in my post... my opinion. I wish u best of luck and hope to learn from your analysis above if it turns out well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2013
bigx:

Almost all annual reports are out, there'd be a dip in prices for a while if all's normal.
Time to pick bargains.
So you predict the bears will reign in the next few months?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2013
question:

It is usually so, but this year the market seems unpredictable so prices might surge as it appears there's renewed interest in the market by retail investors.

I might be wrong but this period I'm investing cautiously, I bought almost all my holdings in tthe last two years mostly late last year and early this year and I've sold almost all at juicy profit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2013
question:

I don't think so. The BULL has come to stay. There will be no dull moments. Invest now.

Remember to invite me to your harvest thanksgiving o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Happy sunday to all investors in the house, looking forward to a bullish week in the stock market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Debesther: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
hi nairaland stock guru,i am about going for SKYBANK AND ACADEMY PRESS .are they a good buy ?.i need ur advise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jenbost: 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Please nairaland stock gurus. I need your advice.I am not as educated as many of you here. consequently, I hope you will pardon my bad English and spelling errors.
I have attended many seminars on stock trading but I still don't understand anything about stock trading.
I have invested on about five stocks but not making money.
I have. the companys certificates and some checks with me but I don't know what to do with them. I don't know when to sell as I don't know how my investment is growing.
please I need your kindest assistance in this regard
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Welcom. First and formost read the and understand the warning in page one. If you want to be at least 75%. Take patience, relax and read from page one of this tread to the present page courtesy of stokbull et al and the oga at the top. If you are having any kwestion on past tread ask and it shall be answer.
jenbost: Please nairaland stock gurus. I need your advice.I am not as educated as many of you here. consequently, I hope you will pardon my bad English and spelling errors.
I have attended many seminars on stock trading but I still don't understand anything about stock trading.
I have. the companys certificates and some checks with me but I don't know what to do with them. I don't know when to sell as I don't know how my investment is growing.

jenbost: Please nairaland stock gurus. I need your advice.I am not as educated as many of you here. consequently, I hope you will pardon my bad English and spelling errors.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
stockbull:

retracement line is moving in alternate showing that some high may just become the new low.there are some past low price that would turn to history.now the question is that how do we recognize a new low now.the market hit 12 trillion mkt cap and will definitely cross as we're moving into the last month of the 2nd quarter.

Oga, wat r ur stock picks for the new week.
@all ogas at d house? Wat do u think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2013

Firstly, open a CSCS account via any reputable stockbroker or investment houses around. You will be needing minimum of 50K naria or share certificates of stocks equivalent to that sum.
Secondly, apply for demurualization(converting paper share/stocks certificate to electronics format) of those certificates you are holding currently .
Thirdly, bookmark and follow this thread committedly while asking question where need be.
Fourthly, be a registered member of the following two websites: www.stockmarketnigeria.com and www.investopedia.com
The former teaches you Nigeria equity investmemts: Analysis, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Politics etc, as they solely affect nigeria equity investments. The latter teaches you the competencies of being an independant equity analyst. It presents to you all the neccessary tools you will be needing to analyze an company/stock on any global index.
Fiftly, read, read and read good books on financial intelligence, equity investmenst and analysis. You may start with the underlisted ones;
a. Interpretation of financial statements by Benjamin Graham
b. Security Analysis by Graham & Dodd
c. Little book that beats the market by Joel Greenblatt.
d. Investment madness by John Nofsinger
e. Follow fellow investors both locally( ugodre, madam mercy, B2bR, Jamace, Red oil, KOD, Horlads, Hisppy, Nosa2, Oracle etc) and global(Buffet, Trump, Peter Lynch, Shelby & Christopher Davis etc).
f. Don't forget to say thank you.
Happy Investing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
I learned from my readings that the mentality to sell at May and re-enter the market at October has been propagated to experienced players. Accordig to this exposition, the big guns who have the money to control the direction of the trend sells their equity at this period, waiting to re-enter by oct or nov. No wonder the bulls that you see now.

I'm waiting to see how it's going to be, because I am just launching a come back after 2008 stock imbroglio. I wasn't hard hit though, eventhough I invested just because I saw people buying shares , ignorantly sold and "chop beleful' from gtb and zenith bank shortly b4 the crash.

I sold, just because I needed money to pay rent and fund my forex trading account, not out of knowledge. It was just my Union Bank unharvested bounty that went down the drain and no regret about my Oando shares then, as nothing good has ever been coming from this, stock from my own perspective.

So I was only luck before the crash. My Union Bank and Oando are still in the state of comatose. While my Zenith Bank bonus remains juicy and yet to be harvested. A reliable stock like Zenith will always remain reliable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
mercylicious:

Oga, wat r ur stock picks for the new week.
@all ogas at d house? Wat do u think?
given stock pick for the week is not an easy thing to do one must be at least 60% sure of what he is given out. As for me gtb is dropping after thier award. I am hoping that FSBNH and Zenith bank will move northward this june.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
I learned from my readings that the mentality to sell at May and re-
enter the market at October has been propagated to experienced
players. Accordig to this exposition, the big guns who have the money
to control the direction of the trend sells their equity at this period,
waiting to re-enter by oct or nov. That is probably why we are seeing these bulls.
What is your opinion about this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jenbost: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
9free:
Firstly, open a CSCS account via any reputable stockbroker or investment houses around. You will be needing minimum of 50K naria or share certificates of stocks equivalent to that sum.
Secondly, apply for demurualization(converting paper share/stocks certificate to electronics format) of those certificates you are holding currently .
Thirdly, bookmark and follow this thread committedly while asking question where need be.
Fourthly, be a registered member of the following two websites: www.stockmarketnigeria.com and www.investopedia.com
The former teaches you Nigeria equity investmemts: Analysis, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Politics etc, as they solely affect nigeria equity investments. The latter teaches you the competencies of being an independant equity analyst. It presents to you all the neccessary tools you will be needing to analyze an company/stock on any global index.
Fiftly, read, read and read good books on financial intelligence, equity investmenst and analysis. You may start with the underlisted ones;
a. Interpretation of financial statements by Benjamin Graham
b. Security Analysis by Graham & Dodd
c. Little book that beats the market by Joel Greenblatt.
d. Investment madness by John Nofsinger
e. Follow fellow investors both locally( ugodre, madam mercy, B2bR, Jamace, Red oil, KOD, Horlads, Hisppy, Nosa2, Oracle etc) and global(Buffet, Trump, Peter Lynch, Shelby & Christopher Davis etc).
f. Don't forget to say thank you.
Happy Investing.

Yes, I'll forever be grateful for your help. I am going to take it one step at a time for a journey of a thousand miles begin with a step.
how do I open the cscs account? what's the requirement. how do I go about it.
thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
jenbost:

Yes, I'll forever be grateful for your help. I am going to take it one step at a time for a journey of a thousand miles begin with a step.
how do I open the cscs account? what's the requirement. how do I go about it.
thanks in anticipation of your response
Simple, look for reputable stockbroker in your current location or a stockbroker with good online infrastructure...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:27am On Jun 03, 2013
WELLCOME TO NEW WEEK NEW MONTH NEW HOPE EVERY BODY . FOR ME O, PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BUY THIS WEEK DO YOUR OWN HOME WORK ON THIS THREE STOCK'S UBA,COSTAIN AND OANDO OIL . FOR OTHER STOCK'S IS NOT GOOD TO BUY NOW EXAMPLE OKOMU OIL, SKYE BANK E.T.C . HAPPY NEW WEEK NEW MONTH NEW HOPE NEW INVESTMENT ONE LOVE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jenbost: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2013
9free:
Simple, look for reputable stockbroker in your current location or a stockbroker with good online infrastructure...

I don't know of any investment house or a stock broker. whould you want to recommend one?
regarding demurualization, where will I do that and how?
good morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 7:31am On Jun 03, 2013
jenbost:

I don't know of any investment house or a stock broker. whould you want to recommend one?
regarding demurualization, where will I do that and how?
good morning.

H made a typo its dematerialization, ask your stockbroker. I use CashCraft, Amyn Investments InvestmentOne and Mertrade
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2013
Ugometrics.com rate vitafoam a buy at current price - N3.48
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jenbost: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2013
bigx:

H made a typo its dematerialization, ask your stockbroker. I use CashCraft, Amyn Investments InvestmentOne and Mertrade

Thanks bro I will contact cachcraft and see if they will be able to help
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2013
jenbost:

Thanks bro I will contact cachcraft and see if they will be able to help
Good move
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2013
bigx:

He made a typo its dematerialization, ask your stockbroker. I use CashCraft, Amyn Investments InvestmentOne and Mertrade
Thanks for the correction. Na phone-typo be that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2013
ihedioramma: WELLCOME TO NEW WEEK NEW MONTH NEW HOPE EVERY BODY . FOR ME O, PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BUY THIS WEEK DO YOUR OWN HOME WORK ON THIS THREE STOCK'S UBA,COSTAIN AND OANDO OIL . FOR OTHER STOCK'S IS NOT GOOD TO BUY NOW EXAMPLE OKOMU OIL, SKYE BANK E.T.C . HAPPY NEW WEEK NEW MONTH NEW HOPE NEW INVESTMENT ONE LOVE.
. @ ihedioramma, thanks 4 ur tips; but am planning to buy into skye bank this week cos d price is what I term fair, so from ur point of view whts wrong with the stock (skye bank), I need ur advice or explanation, even d possible entering price u can buy in, if u were to buy it. Thanks pal
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jenbost: 11:46am On Jun 03, 2013
9free:
Good move

just visited cashcraft but the email address is not on their website. if you have it, kindly send it to me.
I hope I'm not disturbing.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
jenbost:

just visited cashcraft but the email address is not on their website. if you have it, kindly send it to me.
Thanks.
Not at all. It's always a pleasure helping a fellow investor.
I don't have cashcraft email as I have not had a deal/relationship with them.
Am pretty sure that my other Oga's in the house that used/using cashcraft will soon relay that information you need to you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
nereiskc: . @ ihedioramma, thanks 4 ur tips; but am planning to buy into skye bank this week cos d price is what I term fair, so from ur point of view whts wrong with the stock (skye bank), I need ur advice or explanation, even d possible entering price u can buy in, if u were to buy it. Thanks pal
For me, N4.00 is my best entry price for Skye bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
jenbost:

Thanks.

Contact miebaka.wakama@cashcraft.com, that's who opened my account.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
9free:
Am pretty sure that my other Oga's in the house that used/using cashcraft will soon relay that information you need to you.
you can also try chappelhill and deham securities 25 saka tinubu street. If you are in lagos take a bus from cms going to adeola odeku drop at last busstop. You can transact with them online without visiting them. I.e after you have registered in person. (My oga at the top i hope their is no offence putting the above address in this forum)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
jenbost:

Thanks.
You can contact them on the following lagos@cashcraft.com,ikeja@cashcraft.com,yaba@cashcraft.com
Phone Nos 2694287-9,4612207,2701678-9.
7th Floor,2A Osborne Rd,Ikoyi Lagos.
Suite 6 and 7 Motorway Avenue opp.7up Alausa Ikeja.
2nd floor,Law union and Rock building,14 Hughes Avenue Alagomeji Yaba.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
9free:
I got this from NSE webpage:
Cashcraft Asset Management Limited
Head Office Address Foreshore Towers, 2A Osborne Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
Phone Numbers 08052909000,(MD) 08056004610,

2. 08022909538 (Broker)

3. 08054011327 (Broker) 08054011327, 08057003704, 08055410001, 08023060196, 08052266243, 08058011559, 08023156903, 08052909000 (MD)
4Email:lagos@cashcraft.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onegentleguy, Subsea101, robobo, Mills55, jaybee3(m), Jats2k2002, 222Martins(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.