Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10861880 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) (6535) (6536) (6537) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2021
edoman2016:

Seriously, 13.5% investment returns for a whole year? Inflation rate is currently 16.63% in Nigeria. fixed income investment like bond, mutual funds etc can't make you guys rich.

Take risks. Start a business and grow it or invest in startup business with long term potentials.

Bros can you tell us a business with 14%+ return? I am always looking for ways to increase .

When I started building my portfolio in 2019, I told a friend about it and explained to him how we both can start and encourage ourselves to keep investing. Showed him my spreadsheet, my conservative 12% annual return he said no way! His excuse was inflation this, inflation that. He told me about His plan to buy bikes for delivery, as returns were in the 40-60% return. I said that's impressive but I want a plan that allows me to SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT!

Fast forward 18 months later, I am up almost 38-40% when dividends are factored in. He is out 1 bike and the goods the bike was supposed to deliver and sold the second bike at a loss. My portfolio is growing every month because I am accustomed to adding funds every month.

No be everybody fit do business, no be everybody get that huge amount to sink into starting a business and doing business in Nigeria today comes with extreme risk.

13% annually for someone with N1M to invest is not the same with someone with N50M to invest. Some people only need N3M annually to live comfortably, while some need N100M, Everyone's situation is different

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ades1:

Bros can you tell us a business with 14%+ return? I am always looking for ways to increase .

When I started building my portfolio in 2019, I told a friend about it and explained to him how we both can start and encourage ourselves to keep investing. Showed him my spreadsheet, my conservative 12% annual return he said no way! His excuse was inflation this, inflation that. He told me about His plan to buy bikes for delivery, as returns were in the 40-60% return. I said that's impressive but I want a plan that allows me to SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT!

Fast forward 18 months later, I am up almost 38-40% when dividends are factored in. He is out 1 bike and the goods the bike was supposed to deliver and sold the second bike at a loss. My portfolio is growing every month because I am accustomed to adding funds every month.

No be everybody fit do business, no be everybody get that huge amount to sink into starting a business and doing business in Nigeria today comes with extreme risk.

13% annually for someone with N1M to invest is not the same with someone with N50M to invest. Some people only need N3M annually to live comfortably, while some need N100M, Everyone's situation is different

Buying shares every month works like a magic, it is far better than trying to time the market, try to also reinvest your dividends you will be surprised by your portfolio size and returns in 5 years.

Have a record of your annual dividends and plot a graph to see how you are doing, I was surprised when I found out that the dividends I earned increased by over 150% in the last 5 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
This week on Value Nigeria, we take a journey through the accounting nuances of bonus shares and explore if they really benefit shareholders or not.

Thank you for listening.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/37--Are-Bonus-shares-beneficial-to-shareholders-in-reality-e1ak5fa

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dublinkmy6: 12:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Hello house!
I'm a novice to these stocks of a thing, but my father bought shares in some companies many years ago.
He called me on phone and gave me a particular code number and he says that with that code, all his shares in the various companies can be checked.
Pls I really don't know how to go about the process of using this code and I'd like someone to put me through on what is what with his stock and shares.
Maybe a stockbroker or something like that.
Thanks house.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18am On Nov 22, 2021
dublinkmy6:
Hello house!
I'm a novice to these stocks of a thing, but my father bought shares in some companies many years ago.
He called me on phone and gave me a particular code number and he says that with that code, all his shares in the various companies can be checked.
Pls I really don't know how to go about the process of using this code and I'd like someone to put me through on what is what with his stock and shares.
Thanks house.

Your father who gave you the code should be able to do the monitoring of his shares

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:34am On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Your father who gave you the code should be able to do the monitoring of his shares
grin grin grin

edoman2016:

Seriously, 13.5% investment returns for a whole year? Inflation rate is currently 16.63% in Nigeria. fixed income investment like bond, mutual funds etc can't make you guys rich.

Take risks. Start a business and grow it or invest in startup business with long term potentials.
You can also think of it this way: "ise ko lowo". This means hardwork does not guaranty financial breakthrough. Many people who invest in these vehicles are okay with the 9-18% annual ROI (even higher for those who are not sleeping with both eyes closed) for many reasons including:
1. It is just a passive source of income. They are continuously dealing in businesses or earning salaries while investing.
2. They are building wealth, not just slaving for money. After laboring hard, your money should work for you in return.
IOn the other hand, if a business returns 20% of its capital in 1yr, let us imagine the monetary value of the efforts, sleepless nights and time that its owner must have put into it, especially in a harsh and volatile economy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dublinkmy6: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You mean his son can't do that on his behalf?
Infact, thank God for him this morning I just remembered the stock I bought from DAAR communications back in 2007 or 2008, just typed my name on sec.gov.ng site and my name is there.

What a day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2021
dublinkmy6:

You mean his son can't do that on his behalf?

The registrars, Stockbrokers, CSCS, Banks, NGX and SEC only recognize the father and will only deal with the father

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dublinkmy6: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The registrars, Stockbrokers, CSCS, Banks, NGX and SEC only recognize the father and will only deal with his father
Thanks boss, I'll go on to process my own forgotten stocks then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dublinkmy6: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The registrars, Stockbrokers, CSCS, Banks, NGX and SEC only recognize the father and will only deal with his father
Pls sir do you know the financial implications of registering and reclaiming my dividends since the 28th feb 2018 deadline for free registeration has long passed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2021
Capitas7:

grin grin grin

You can also think of it this way: "ise ko lowo". This means hardwork does not guaranty financial breakthrough. Many people who invest in these vehicles are okay with the 9-18% annual ROI (even higher for those who are not sleeping with both eyes closed) for many reasons including:
1. It is just a passive source of income. They are continuously dealing in businesses or earning salaries while investing.
2. They are building wealth, not just slaving for money. After laboring hard, your money should work for you in return.
If a business returns 20% of its capital in 1yr, let us imagine the monetary value of the efforts, sleepless nights and time that its owner must have put into it, especially in a harsh and volatile economy.

Passive income is the secret to building a sustainable wealth. That is the only way to make money while sleeping, sick or even when we are dead

Active income: examples include salaries, profits from trading, business, JIJO, commissions etc. It requires our continuous sweat, presence, energy. When we stop working the income stops

Passive income: examples include dividends, rents, interest, coupon, royalties from inventions, intellectual property, musical works etc.
You work hard once and it continues to generate income.

The secret is to continue to convert our active income to passive income through Investments in cash generating and capital appreciating assets.

The plan is to have a target of when our passive income will be equivalent to or higher than our active income

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2021
dublinkmy6:

Pls sir do you know the financial implications of registering and reclaiming my dividends since the 28th feb 2018 deadline for free registeration has long passed?

You will still get your money, the money will go back to the company after 12 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dublinkmy6: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You will still get your money, the money will go back to the company after 12 years
Yeah, I saw something online like unclaimed divisends after 12 yrs will be forfeited. I don't understand.
Pls enlighten me on this sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2021
dublinkmy6:

Yeah, I saw something online like unclaimed divisends after 12 yrs will be forfeited. I don't understand.
Pls enlighten me on this sir.

What I just explained that your funds will be barred after 12 years and it will be forfeited to the company, but now FGN is planning of appropriating the unclaimed funds
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2021
dublinkmy6:
Hello house!
Thanks house.

That code might be his "CSCS NUMBER".

If you contact the CSCS, they will provide every information about his shares.

But you can't do anything ( trade) with the share until he transfers them to you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 9:22am On Nov 22, 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34601_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC_.pdf

he don happen Flourmills Nigeria PLC has acquired Honeywell Flourmills PLC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2021
samguru:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34601_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC_.pdf

What? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2021
samguru:

Never say never. Nothing is impossible. The signs have been all over just that we had more doubters than those who believe it will happen. Remember when Honeywell move from N1.70 to N4 that was actually the climax. What we see today is the paper work.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2021
HONYFLOUR
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
HONYFLOUR holders rightnow

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
samguru:

How it take affect we wey be tasere units holders grin? Is it from Oba that they are buying from? Like that type that happened in FO with FEMI
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
HONYFLOUR holders rightnow

bros, should honey well shareholders be happy or sad. That your meme speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
I'd really love to see FBNH result for the 3rd quarter of this year. It is not for nothing that they decided to Audit q3 this year. It is not also for nothing that Otedola and Co. rushed in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Please , Goodevening house members, UAC SHAREHOLDERS, PLEASE WHO HAVE BEEN CREDITED WITH THE FREE UPDCREITS SHARES.
I AM YET TO RECEIVE MY OWN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Oakbranch:
bros, should honey well shareholders be happy or sad. That your meme speaks volume.

We should be happy.

But it is dependent on how much HNG will pay shareholders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mpeace:
I'd really love to see FBNH result for the 3rd quarter of this year. It is not for nothing that they decided to Audit q3 this year. It is not also for nothing that Otedola and Co. rushed in.
I'm also waiting for it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34604_ACCESS_BANK_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_COURT_ORDER_MEETING_(COM).pdf

Access bank will finally become HoldCo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

We should be happy.

From whom will they be buying from? Majority or minority? Are they going to acquire our tasere units?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

We should be happy.

This is what is happening:

There is just only two shareholders involved with one buyer.
The minority shareholders is to watch how things will play out, but from fundamentals point of view shareholders in Honeywell flourmills should be happy because the buyer is of a higher value than where they are currently.

FMN is buying holdings of two big shareholders in Honeywell flourmill
ie from Honeywell group Ltd and FBN.
The majority shareholder in Honeywell flourmill will change and that will change the ownership structure and in turn the administrative and corporate governance structure.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Marketapprentic:

From whom will they be buying from? Majority or minority? Are they going to acquire our tasere units?

The shares of the core Investor in under a lien because of their debt. I think Flour Mills is buy the shares of the core Investors that was placed on a lien by First Bank

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
samguru:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34604_ACCESS_BANK_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_COURT_ORDER_MEETING_(COM).pdf

Access bank will finally become HoldCo.

I hope they use this reduce their outstanding shares. By making the total shares of the holding company less than that of the original company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The shares of the core Investor in under a lien because of their debt. I think Flour Mills is buy the shares of the core Investors that was placed on a lien by First Bank
So FBNH should benefit more from the transaction. Honeywell also owes fidelity bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) (6535) (6536) (6537) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megawealth01, Pesuzok(m), Agbalowomeri, SonofElElyonRet, Locotrader(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.