Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879042 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) (6752) (6753) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:
Mention the stock.... smiley
multiverse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2022
ojesymsym:
So those that bought at around 13-15 can recover their nominal capital in 2 years.
How does one identify stocks like this?
Seplat is another one, sold around 367 in 2020 and around 1430 today.

INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
ojesymsym:
So those that bought at around 13-15 can recover their nominal capital in 2 years.
How does one identify stocks like this?
Seplat is another one, sold around 367 in 2020 and around 1430 today.
Even if e dey stare you for face Una go buy? No be analysis-paralysis go full ground? grin

Can remember SEPLAT at sub 300, N295 or so, Peter even said he's waiting @150 that time, today he's still waiting at the junction... cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Elsueno:

multiverse

grin that means you are on a loss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
Elsueno:
multiverse
That Multiverse na error oo.
Think you sold at the same price you bought (if you sell @2), and if fees are added, it might be at slight loss.
MULTIVERSE did reconstruction of 1:10, i.e your holdings divided by 10.......and price was also multiplied by 10....
That was how we arrived at N2......check well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mtn doing 204. Many greens today.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2022
lol. As for Seplat I was a beneficiary. Guinness, I also was but panicked and sold some holdings, but my sale of the remaining one more than compensated.
yMcy56:

Even if e dey stare you for face Una go buy? No be analysis-paralysis go full ground? grin

Can remember SEPLAT at sub 300, N295 or so, Peter even said he's waiting @150 that time, today he's still waiting at the junction... cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
I am not sure I want to touch it, it is too affiliated with politics.
I prefer politically neutral stocks
Marketapprentic:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mpeace:
Mtn doing 204. Many greens today.
ZENITH is vexing.......
Chai!!! That stock @ below 20, is like a give-away..... lipsrsealed
Make I no too talk sha. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
ojesymsym:
I am not sure I want to touch it, it is too affiliated with politics.
I prefer politically neutral stocks

grin okay Sir. But I don't know where the politics statement is coming from
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
onegentleguy:
A pivotal line...

This period (particularly tomorrow and the days after) should present a great OPPORTUNITY for any discerning investor to strategically align with certain KEY equity names in the NGX. (note the clause; "certain key equity names"... so not all coys)

For those who think we are now in a bear mkt, hear this;
It's not a bear mkt but a correction in a bull mkt.
Don't get carried away and miss out on some select OPPORTUNITIES now!

The NSE index monthly chart should give you peace of mind. Also dig in on certain key trend & momentum indicators (DMI, SRSI, KST, CCI, EMA and MF etc) and the picture becomes clearer.

Again, look at the sectorial index drivers and their YtD performance and compare to the NSE index on the W and M TFs and you'll have a clue of what's been playing out.

There's been some strategic accumulation.

From where I stand, the probability of a reversal is near 1 for some key names... which will most likely drive a turnaround in mkt sentiment. (again note the phrase "some key names")

#oppurtunity
#besmart

"A period of BULL in the stock market is like an 'unnecessary party', and a BEAR phase like that of a 'trade-fair'.
The latter is usually when the manufacturer's of GREAT ASSETS auction a few at sumptuous discounts. ...while the former is that time when some 'expired goods' are sold.
A shrewd investor visits both markets, but knows WHEN and WHAT to buy or sell."

~Sinclair

"In the stock market world, the real winners are those who can prioritize their TRADE SETUP ahead of the ASSET PROFILE and a little more than the quest for REWARD.
...without the 1st, the other 2 can of course engage the market in a mere "fight" but also concede more victories to it"

~Sinclair

"When the stock market request for 'a drink' from you, give to it but ONLY if its a sound and cheap one.
...and when it offers you 'a drink', take a sip, then drink a bit more but try NOT to get intoxicated.
It's a great way to benefit more from 'him' over TIME."

~Sinclair

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet down inside, are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."

~Sinclair

"One of the cardinal qualities of reaping reward from the market is in the ability to know HOW to drive THROUGH the fears of other investors and WHEN to drive AWAY from their excitement.
...it sums up what should be the psychology of a wining investor !!"

~Sinclair

These 5 NUGGETS are KEY! (pls read btw the line... of the entire post)

It is well.

Remember this post.
Always good to...

By the way, this might be the best chance (and maybe the last in the near term) to align with coys like;
INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES, GSK, TRANSCORP, UNILEVER, WAPCO, CHAMS, MTN, VITAFORM, PRESCO, CADBURY, UPDC, UBA, ACCESS, GTB, ZENITH... plus some key names in the insurance sector.
(note the 1st 6 coys)

Most of these companies have released fantastic Q2, financial print.... with a few having a H1, 2022 (half yr) report that already surpassed that of full yr 2021.
You should know what that means!

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
Marketapprentic:

grin okay Sir. But I don't know where the politics statement is coming from

Pls do leave him alone.
INTERBREW is perceived to be a political coy (by him) but we love it! wink cheesy grin

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
Marketapprentic:

Transcorps on full bid @1.12 grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Guinness released their results today and they will be paying final dividend of N7.14.

If anyone bought at N15, this will be 500% at the current price of N90.

Add that to the dividend yield on cost of 47% for this stock. Imagine getting dividend yield of 47% (approximately 43% after deducting WHT) based on the declared dividend today.

So use this Guinness story as a solace when you see low prices and buy into it.

It looks like Guinness made a mistake in the dividend they declared in their Corporate Action Announcement. Their EPS was N7.15 and they proposed a dividend of 47k in their financials.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2022
ojesymsym:
lol. As for Seplat I was a beneficiary. Guinness, I also was but panicked and sold some holdings, but my sale of the remaining one more than compensated.
Lol. Wasn't referring to you in particular, but NSEMPAs generally. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2022
UACN don declare loss for H1.
This company sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
Actually, no mistake. 46k was paid last year. N7.14 is proposed for this year, to be paid upon approval by shareholders at next AGM.

A company can pay all of current EPS and more as long as its retained earnings can cover it.

MonkeyHunter:

It looks like Guinness made a mistake in the dividend they declared in their Corporate Action Announcement. Their EPS was N7.15 and they proposed a dividend of 47k in their financials.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
MonkeyHunter:
Maybe it was typo....
I for say from 0.45k or something to N7!
Let's wait for Coys reversed document on this, if it's wrong.

*** Updated***
Eventually, the dividend of N7.14 was right.
A good one from Guinness!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
onegentleguy:

Remember this post.
Always good to...

By the way, this might be the best chance (and maybe the last in the near term) to align with coys like;
INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES, GSK, TRANSCORP, UNILEVER, WAPCO, CHAMS, MTN, VITAFORM, PRESCO, CADBURY, UPDC, UBA, ACCESS, GTB, ZENITH... plus some key names in the insurance sector.
(note the 1st 6 coys)

Most of these companies have released fantastic Q2, financial print.... with a few having a H1, 2022 (half yr) report that already surpassed that of full yr 2021.

It is well.

Among the first 6 only GSK has refused to deliver something significant on the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, says Nigeria is currently broke.

The Minister mentioned this while speaking at the 2022 World Day Against Child Labour.

According to him, the Federal Government does not have money to prosecute capital projects next year, a development that might worsen unemployment and poverty.

“I can tell you that Nigeria is broke. There is no money to fund capital projects next year. As you can see, the dollar that has been hovering around N500 and N600 is now above N700. The truth is that there is no money anywhere. The money that the FAAC (Federation Account Allocation Committee) has been sharing is money from taxes, customs and other revenue-generating agencies..

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria-broke-cant-fund-2023-capital-projects-ngige-cries-out/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:

Maybe it's typo....
I for say from 0.45k or something to N7!
Let's wait for Coys reversed document on this, if it's wrong.

I don’t think there is any mistake

N7 is not too high for a stock of N90

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:

That Multiverse na error oo.
Think you sold at the same price you bought (if you sell @2), and if fees are added, it might be at slight loss.
MULTIVERSE did reconstruction of 1:10, i.e your holdings divided by 10.......and price was also multiplied by 10....
That was how we arrived at N2......check well.

shocked unfortunately I have already spent the money, had to buy some goods due to anticipated price increase...But did Honeywell did same thing a while back too?

Edit: checked my sells history, I actually offloaded a bit more than half at 0.22 around February, so still in profit, though not like 700% l initially saw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
What Nigerian bank has the largest full services branches in the country?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
Has anyone received Fidson Alert?

Meristem should not repeat the nonsense they did on FBNH
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES just released it's Q2/H1, 2022 financial print.

Highlights;

Incredible jump in NPM from a negative approx N13.89B to a positive N336,201.
TCI came in even better, up from a YoY negative stand of near N8.2B to a positive position of over N N2.714B.
...both line producing an improvement in JPMG/AER and ensuring that growth trajactory is maintained.

This was despite higher capex and increased deleveraging.

I truly love what I see in the coys SCF and BS print.

Again, BUY... ACCUMULATE... HOLD!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
On GSK, there are lots of positive to make out of their Q1/H1, 2022 report but I wouldn't want to bore you with a long epistle.

However, pls NOTE that my FVE has now pushed up to N27.19.
...and that, using an appropriate blend of valuation model which though broadly conservative, rakes-off a great measure of surrounding risk.

As I told some folks the other day;
At their CMPs, having INTERBREW and GSK as part of ones retirement portfolio will definitely not be a bad idea.
...a few select names in the banking and INSURANCE SECTOR also fits into this 'description'.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
onegentleguy:

(note the 1st 6 coys)

It is well.

#rememberthis

Enough said!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by adedoyinmike: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please I need advice.If you want buy a particular stock at a particular price how do you go about in on meristem trading platform such that when that market price is attained meristem would effect the purchase for you when the market price is the same as the price or lower than the price you want to purchase that stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
Good result from mtn. Interim dividend of 5.60 as against 4.66 last year.
Their eps keep growing by average 30% yearly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
GLOBAL SPECTRUM
Delisting price is out..... N4.19
Very illiquid stock that people cannot see to buy when delisting was announced.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36536_GLOBAL_SPECTRUM_ENERGY_SERVICES_PLC%20GLOBAL_SPECTRUM_DE.pdf

We await Courtville's delisting price too.......the mgmt better do well.

I just had the feelings that MTNN will perform well......... especially with AIRTEL going up. Gut feelings was right.

MTNN Corporate action
Interim Dividend: N5.60k
Qualification Date: 18th August, 2022
Payment Date: 26th August, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/MTN_Nigeria_Dividend_Information_H1_2022.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
Elsueno:
shocked unfortunately I have already spent the money, had to buy some goods due to anticipated price increase...But did Honeywell did same thing a while back too?
It's good then.

Yes. Honeywell moved from below N1 (maybe 0.83k or so) to Circa N4.....before coming down again.

Flour Mills purchased huge stake in HONEYWELL and there's an update from FMN for mandatory take over of 1% to meet regulatory requirements.
We don't know what will later later happen to the remaining shareholders, maybe there could then be merger or so.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36561_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20FMN_NOTIFICATION_TO_NGX_ON_.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) (6752) (6753) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m), kaykehin, Objectivist04, Zegra, ghm, Buzochi, donchichi, DUNKA(m), Mpeace(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.