Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851185 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6783) (6784) (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2022
sky2891:

Thank you BBM
Please, more info/advice/contribution needed on this INTBREW please because. I am heavily loaded here.
OGG, ORACLE, MCY, CURRENTPRICE

Try and understand your timeframe for investment; Understand what you want. If you are trading, then there is a possibility you run into losses because the timeframe you have to exit may not match the rate of price rise you are expecting.

If you get this right, you are one step to controlling your greed and fear.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
thesilentone:
The round trip is complete.

All the people who bought at the lows of the pandemic have had a complete ride.

The concern is that capitulation has not happened yet, although the volume has increased given we have only had 4 trading days.

Will it lose its multiyear support? I have no clue.

Capitulation? In a stock that has not even done steep rise?

I usually think that capitulation is on assets that have done very steep rise in a short span. Example Cathie Wood's ARK etfs, cryptos, tech stocks.

Something else is wrong with GTB that isn't being see on fundamental analysis.

However I remain bullish on NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
BullBearMkt:

Hello my people! Good to read from great analysts on the platform.

As some have said in their posts, patience is needed in order to know the "best" time to start buying stocks in the market. Looking at the chart, market index is now showing a free fall. Although, it has 2 major supports to contend with now - 44K and 42K. Today's transactions saw a breach of 47K support (price still on this level though).

If support at 42K cannot hold, then we might witness another 4 year cycle as I talked about in my December 2021 post, but that's still a long way. But who know? In any case, more decline will be good to get quality stocks at a cheap entry prices.

https://invst.ly/z4-ug

PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN
grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome back BBM.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princeso2020(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=thesilentone post=117320686]Not really though.

It was obvious for a while that this was happening. I remember we had a back and forth about this decline in June.

Nothing has changed technically in GTCO. I think we all (myself included) battle with confirmation bias.

I think if I am able to tame that side of my trading, my results will be outstanding

i am looking at it that GTCO is going to drop further down. this video analysis will give a little overview of what to expect. just click the link to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQtEoP-MDrw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=princeso2020 post=117348136][/quote]

just click the link to watch: grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Try and understand your timeframe for investment; Understand what you want. If you are trading, then there is a possibility you run into losses because the timeframe you have to exit may not match the rate of price rise you are expecting.

If you get this right, you are one step to controlling your greed and fear.

Thank you ORACLE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
debostar:
I am yet to receive my GTB dividend.
Please what do I do? Thanks
Have you been receiving before?
Have you filled Datamax E-Dividend Form and send your signed Transfer Form to your broker for uploading on CSCS portal?

If Yes, send reminder mail to Datamax and provide any other document (s) they may request from you.
If No, follow above process.

* Lest I forget, you need to be very patient till the issue is sorted out cos Datamax can frustrate sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dum20:
That was how some people were waiting for Zenith at N5 for the past 3 years. grin
Lol. Nbst. cheesy

The Zenith seems to be making U-turn today again....
Their waiting continues... grin

GTCO: The buyers @17 also arrived market......
Let's wait for the dumper, maybe he's also in traffic

* Just an update*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mpeace:
For those that need geregu. Its available at 123.
Geregu wey never poo or vomit...
Na bull time we go know how far....whether im go still do bonanza.... wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
yMcy56:

Geregu wey never poo or vomit...
Na bull time we go know how far....whether im go still do bonanza.... wink
I dont know where I read that it paid 35 naira dividend the previous year and then 12naira this year.
When divudend begin fall that is when he came to NSE to dupe sell some shares to us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mpeace:
I dont know where I read that it paid 35 naira dividend the previous year and then 12naira this year.
When divudend begin fall that is when he came to NSE to dupe sell some shares to us
Lol. Dem don chop the meat finish come throw us bones...... cheesy
They'll still want to do some manipulations in NSE .....I guess they'll still take the price far small.... even if everything go come cast las las.....

Our own na to follow them chop, anyone wey no smart with the chop, na im know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol. Dem don chop the meat finish come throw us bones...... cheesy
They'll still want to do some manipulations in NSE .....I guess they'll still take the price far small.... even if everything go come cast las las.....

Our own na to follow them chop, anyone wey no smart with the chop, na im know.
Can you explain more on this phrase:"Dem don chop the meat finish come throw us bones in relation to geregu"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wapgod:

Can you explain more on this phrase:"Dem don chop the meat finish come throw us bones in relation to geregu"
Bros, na literary meaning o......may or may not be true in the real sense.

Their 3rd quarter result is on its way, we'll be able to see much clearly how the Company is performing.

If you're in GEREGU, you belief in the company and you're a risk taker, stay put.
If you're afraid, you can move to other ones that gives you peace of mind.
If you want opinion, state that you needed opinion.

Just remember that investing in NGX is a risk in itself.
So, pick one out of the "ifs"... smiley

Btw, I read somewhere that the coy isn't doing badly though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Otedola na yahoo investor. Beware!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
You know that 'last surrender' that happens just before take-off? That's what I am referring to as capitulation.

We have to believe that Mr Market is always right (eventually). It just might take some time.

You would note that GTCO spent 16 weeks trading within the range before breaking out to the upside.

Cathie Wood is just a classic sake of 'I am right, the market is wrong'. The quickest way to go bankrupt in the market but she is getting away with it because it is investors' funds not personal.

RabbiDoracle:

Capitulation? In a stock that has not even done steep rise?

I usually think that capitulation is on assets that have done very steep rise in a short span. Example Cathie Wood's ARK etfs, cryptos, tech stocks.

Something else is wrong with GTB that isn't being see on fundamental analysis.

However I remain bullish on NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4tunebest(f): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Please has UPDC REIT paid dividends after postponing the payment date?

I'll appreciate a response.

Thanks all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
4tunebest:
Please has UPDC REIT paid dividends after postponing the payment date?

I'll appreciate a response.

Thanks all

The postponement was done without a new payment date. So investors are in waiting mode for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2022
[quote author=princeso2020 post=117348136][/quote]

Interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princeso2020(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
Interesting

Very interesting indeed. more interesting thing to note is when you can be able to forecast with accuracy the next move a stock. click this link to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4MNY9OWv8

For those of us who had watched the video analyses on US stock about what is going to happen as forecast on Netflix and Tesla. Today is 18/10/2022 NETFLIX is actually selling. click to watch the:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRL_0OzYAts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Welcome back BBM.
...thanks bro!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slayar: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Is there an online broker one can use to buy Nigerian stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Opsylo: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Slayar:
Is there an online broker one can use to buy Nigerian stocks?
Used Morgan capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slayar: 8:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Opsylo:

Used Morgan capital.

Cool,thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2022
Below is my post with the view to understanding market behaviour before-during-and-after Nigeria general elections. The post was made in September 2018. Looking back at market pattern for 2019 elections, it is evident that the conclusions stated in the little post were valid:

1. Market rally in the election month
2. Market declined after President sworn-in which lasted till the end of the election year.

With elections coming in 2023, will price pattern be similar or there will be deviation from the past?

https://invst.ly/z5vr5
grin grin grin grin grin

BullBearMkt:
WAITING FOR ELECTION TO BUY - Does it worth the waiting?
I have tried to study the NSE ASI price movement just before and after presidential elections in Nigeria and its effect on the market generally. But due to lack of data even from NSE (this is terrible!), I cannot really come to a conclusion.

Available data only covers the last 3 presidential election from 2007.

-2007: Before election, market was bubbling and this is the period NSE witnessed great patronage both from crooks and saints alike. So market continue the euphoria during and after the elections. Good to note is that the incumbent party (PDP) just transfer power to the same party. Similarly, the power to be then nominee won the election. So the atmosphere was good for the market.

-2011: The election took place in April, but before then the world witnessed financial crash and many countries were just getting out of this including Nigeria. However, after the election, since the incumbent party (PDP) won the election, market embraced the news, rallied for 1 month and immediately the president was sworn-in in May, market started falling till the end of that year...

-2015: From the beginning of the year, market was dipping due to uncertainties surrounding whether there will be election or not until American & British governments shown their anger; that was when Nigerian govt announced that presidential election will take place in March. Market loved the news & immediately a dipping market suddenly changed direction and created a pin-bar. Election came & gone with the incumbent president conceded defeat - market loved this and we witnessed market rally. Before the president was sworn-in, market became jittery and market started another fall till late 2016.

I tried to make any summary out these 3 scenarios but data is too small, however, a common factor are:
-Market rallies in the election month
-Market dips after president sworn-in and lasted for at least throughout that year

With the elections now coming in February, what do we expect

grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2022
BullBearMkt:
Below is my post with the view to understanding market behaviour before-during-and-after Nigeria general elections.

Interesting take, maybe market priced in the positive expectations from potential improvements in d economy and when it realized it wasn't the case it adjusted self. I read somewhere that the market is always discounting for perception of future outcomes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2022
BullBearMkt:
Below is my post with the view to understanding market behaviour before-during-and-after Nigeria general elections. The post was made in September 2018. Looking back at market pattern for 2019 elections, it is evident that the conclusions stated in the little post were valid:

2. Market declined after President sworn-in which lasted till the end of the election year.

With elections coming in 2023, will price pattern be similar or there will be deviation from the past?

grin grin grin grin grin

Looking at the charts of some banks and the banking index, it can be seen that the banks are ranging, hence the whipsaw movement we see. With exception of Fidelity and ETI that are clearly in an upwards movement, GTB however is clearly on the decline.

Attached are some charts to buttress the ranging.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2022
As i no get work today, i patched up a couple of shareholders distribution tables from gtco financial statements and condesed into a clustered columns chart.

Some insight on how GTCOs shares redistributed among the verious shareholders tiers, though more descriptive than predictive.

A few observations:

1. <500 Mil - 1 Bil> tier investors (by d way, respect if u are in this category grin ) sold down from 3.4 to 2.8 Billion shares in the first half of d year.

2. GDR undelying share remained constant as expected.

3. Stanbic holdings also remained constat.

4. Massive sell off from <100Mil - 500Mil> tier investors from 6.7 to 5.8 Billion shares in the second half of last year.

December financials will shed more light on which tier is causing this fall in d stock and possibly why.

Some Notes: GDR, Global Depository Receipt, allows GTCO to be traded on d London stock exchange. In other words about 5.9 Billion stocks are being traded on London exchange.

I wonder if GTCO on d London exchange is also experiencing the same fall and whether it presents arbitrage opportunities to some investors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
@Rabbidoracle From your perspective, do you think there is enough pessimism in the market?

The euphoria has dialled down a notch but I sense there is still not enough pessimism.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
History never repeats itself, it only rhymes grin

BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
Geregu 2021 financials

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36876_GEREGU_POWER_PLC%202021_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_CORPORATE_AC.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
thesilentone:
History never repeats itself, it only rhymes grin

uuuhhhmmmm! No comments
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2022
People who don't learn from history are likely to repeat it.

Thank you for reposting your observations about the election cycle. Other well established markets have a trend that is undeniable for learners, NSE cannot be any different.

BullBearMkt:

uuuhhhmmmm! No comments
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6783) (6784) (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), YourCoffin and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.