Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900603 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2022
Phlinx:

I believe they paid N37.6 Billion
From 20billion profit after tax? Them try oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2022
I see what you did there
Mpeace:
From 20billion profit after tax? Them try oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
thesilentone:
I see what you did there
Abi dem no try?

But yhere is clarification, that the money might have been paid from pioneer status.

My only question is why list the company now that they are done sharing the money. And why create so much shares from only 10million to 2.5billion?
And why list at 100naira per share.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mpeace:
Abi dem no try?

But yhere is clarification, that the money might have been paid from pioneer status.

My only question is why list the company now that they are done sharing the money. And why create so much shares from only 10million to 2.5billion?

I can't blame them for packaging their product for sale. It is those buying the product that should open their eyes........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
pluto09:

I can't blame them for packaging their product for sale. It is those buying the product that should open their eyes........

It is like saying I don't blame scammers for scamming, it is those falling for it. Stealing is stealing no matter how you package it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2022
Water will always find its level.

I believe not everyone will be interested in joining their shareholder list and that is OK. It is fair to say that the valuation is very 'rich'.

Buffett would say that until the tide goes out before we find out who has been swimming naked.

I don't buy IPOs and I don't use private financial statements when deciding to buy into a company.

Private track records don't count for much, we will start judging when you have a public track record.

Mpeace:
Abi dem no try?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ades1:

It is like saying I don't blame scammers for scamming, it is those falling for it. Stealing is stealing no matter how you package it

They are not thief and not a scammer.
There will always be a caveat in buying any finicial instrument, the onus is on the buyer to beware......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ades1:

Geregu plc shares is massively overpriced and massively overbloated(total issued shares).
We also don't know if they will pay dividends as a public company.
If they eventually do, there dividend yield will be small.

Best way to make money from the stock is price appreciation - Buy and Sell at a profit if you can.
As for me I'm avoiding the stock.

Either way Otedola has made billions by just listing the shares on NGX and will continue to make money off the shares independently of the company's financial performance by selling the billion units of overpriced shares he recently issued just before listing the company.

The NGX has become a dumping ground for overpriced securities for retail investors, and deliver mostly low yields to investors.

Is there any investment that can give me 23% per annual ROI in the regulated financial sector of Nigeria?
I'm tired of all these low yields(9-18%) despite me taking substantial risk with my money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2022
ACCESS finally paid. Didn't have to chase the registrars though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2022
thesilentone:
ACCESS finally paid. Didn't have to chase the registrars though.
Same here.
Money for meatpie.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
Access interim divident just entered.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
Wapgod:

Geregu plc shares is massively overpriced and massively overbloated(total issued shares).
We also don't know if they will pay dividends as a public company.
If they eventually do, there dividend yield will be small.

Best way to make money from the stock is price appreciation - Buy and Sell at a profit if you can.
As for me I'm avoiding the stock.

Either way Otedola has made billions by just listing the shares on NGX and will continue to make money off the shares independently of the company's financial performance.
The NGX has become a dumping ground for overpriced securities for retail investors, and deliver mostly low yields to investors.

From an EPS standpoint it is NOT massively overpriced. If it is then Dangcem @245 is massively overpriced not to talk of Buacement @50.85 which would be mega-massively overpriced.

And don't forget Mr Otedola owns 95% of Geregu, while Mr Rabiu owns 92.3% of Buacement. So if Mr Otedola decides to play the same ball as Mr Rabiu then even with the current market bear Geregu still has some upside and this is based on last years result when Geregu releases H1 of this year and you see N15B in half year profits what would be the market reaction then?

Also looking from the dividend standpoint the dividend per price of share of Buacement gives Geregu share price tremendous upside.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ades1:

The person you replied is correct nauw.

The investor is meant to do his Due Diligence before buying into IPOs.

Ben Graham of the Intelligent Investor said IPO means "It's Probably Overpriced".

We all saw hell when we all went for IPOs, POs and PPs in 2007 listing craze. Many learnt their lessons. You can't teach these retraining behaviours in business school. People just need to experience these and then they understand. We got our baptism in those days and now we avoid anything IPOs.

"You can't blame the scammer" goes all the way back to Tulip mania in the year 1634 when people were buying tulips and being issued certificates to own them and trade them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

The person you replied is correct nauw.

The investor is meant to do his Due Diligence before buying into IPOs.

Ben Graham of the Intelligent Investor said IPO means "It's Probably Overpriced".

We all saw hell when we all went for IPOs, POs and PPs in 2007 listing craze. Many learnt their lessons. You can't teach these retraining behaviours in business school. People just need to experience these and then they understand. We got our baptism in those days and now we avoid anything IPOs.

"You can't blame the scammer" goes all the way back to Tulip mania in the year 1634 when people were buying tulips and being issued certificates to own them and trade them.

What's PP?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mpeace:
To only 10million shares as at the time of the last payment.
Now they have 2.5 billion shares. Calculate how much they will pay as dividend.
If they pay the same proportion of their profit, then it should be the type of dividend transcorp normally pays :6kobo.

Good one!

So by inference, TRANSCORP is ridiculously cheap @ the CMP.

When you compare both power coys with certain pivotal fundamental variables, the picture becomes even more glaring! (EV/EBITDA, CBR/CR, JPMG, CCC, CGPR ...)

It's interesting that the one with the highest electricity generating capacity is selling for 0.019x less, if we benchmark their current earnings potential against the combined mean of these key variables.

Truth is; TRANSCORP has no business selling for below N2.71.

Contrarily, GEREGU POWER is overpriced.
Raking off surrounding risk and attaching a conservative RPM, FVE pegs @ N67.4 at present.

We already highlighted the immense value accretive potential in TRANSCORP before now so no need for much talk.

Soon, time will help set matters straight and put things in their right perspective.
I love that man, Mr TIME! wink cheesy cool

Selah

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Backpedal: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
AccessCorp and RedStarExpress duly received cool. cool. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2022
Private Placements
Wapgod:

What's PP?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2022
Phlinx:
Where are you these days? sad
I don go find work for Loco's site......as Peter said make we sell in May and go away.... grin .....Same Peter that traded in July. tongue
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2022
thesilentone:
The folks feeling trapped in NB, Nestle and Guinness, not to worry - madam money @mcy will come shortly.
It's well o.
Think being trapped with no one willing to buy is a kind of blessing in disguise too...
Reason, the fall will be minimized and share price will keep closing same for many trading days, thereby reducing portfolio loss. In the process, bull may even catch up with it at the spot. smiley
Only those in need of liquidity may be affected.

This time shall also pass.

BTW, you're doing well sir. Learning from your invaluable contributions, and your TA stuff is helpful too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by juniorrate: 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2022
364days ntb @13%, that’s not really good for Nse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2022
Oloro29:
@Mercy pls what is the conclusion on IEI takeover. Thanks
IEI AGM Resolution:
* 49.4% Mandatory take-over approved @ N1.60k
* Directors to take all necessary steps to implement this.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36895_INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY_INSURANCE_PLC%2043RD_ANNUAL_GENERAL.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ellah Lake financial statement

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36898_ELLAH_LAKES_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2022.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2022
juniorrate:
364days ntb @13%, that’s not really good for Nse
Maybe this is the reason for the spike in volume of GTB and Zenith..... Yield still higher than 13%.
GTB around 18% @16.85
Zenith around 16% @19.45
** With possible price appreciation as perks**

MANSARD, LASACO, STANBIC getting more interesting...
Mansard @1.50 (0.375k), LASACO 0.85k (0.21k), STANBIC 28.10........as at today's price

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ejiekwu1(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2022
I see Otedola’s Geregu Power Plc listing on NGX as the catalyst that will rally transcorp to the amazement of everyone. do your due diligent
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thank you for your kind words

yMcy56:

It's well o.
Think being trapped with no one willing to buy is a kind of blessing in disguise too...
Reason, the fall will be minimized and share price will keep closing same for many trading days, thereby reducing portfolio loss. In the process, bull may even catch up with it at the spot. smiley
Only those in need of liquidity may be affected.

This time shall also pass.

BTW, you're doing well sir. Learning from your invaluable contributions, and your TA stuff is helpful too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
GTCO:
These sellers and cross dealers just dey vex anyhow.....
Quite a lot of buying, selling and cross dealing are ongoing in the background........
They'll exhaust their energy one day...... smiley

All these 555Ks, 665Ks are from the background...... Watching what their mission actually is.......but by the time they're satisfied now, all the stories of rate hike, election palava, dollar/naira, charts, will then be meaningless, we'll now be wondering what has changed...... smiley
Who says money and power doesn't control this market? Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Which stocks or sectors to benefit greatly from forth coming world cup in Qatar? Breweries on my mind.... which else

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lanedo26: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
Tired of losing your bēts on football games? Google search Lūc Lyōn BÇ and visit the website to learn how to stop losing your bēts on football games
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mpeace:
For those that need geregu. Its available at 123.
* Geregu now @110.....
* Listed at a time the market is shedding.....
* Think the best bet now is to wait for it below listing price because e be like say your eyes no commot there.....
* They are still coming to the market to raise capital, there may be some pumping by/before then.....
** Just my opinion. Ote$$'s boys may pump the price**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
yMcy56:

* Geregu now @110.....
* Listed at a time the market is shedding.....
* Think the best bet now is to wait for it below listing price because e be like say your eyes no commot there.....
* They are still coming to the market to raise capital, there may be some pumping by/before then.....
** Just my opinion. Ote$$'s boys may pump the price**
I left FBNH because of Otedola. I no fit enter any company where otedola has controlling interest.

Last last Gerugu will go like forte oil. They will pump and dump and sell.
I never had an eye on Geregu.

I think Otedola and wale tinubu belong to the same class.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bfn1: 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
safepaulooo:
Which stocks or sectors to benefit greatly from forth coming world cup in Qatar? Breweries on my mind.... which else
Telecommunication.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talktofemi, Mpeace(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.