Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881950 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7002) (7003) (7004) (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:
please is it possible to borrow 5m from a bank without collateral for an agricultural startup (cassava farming) to be repaid in 6 years?

Do you have an average turnover of N20 million and above in a year, if yes you can get an overdraft facility of N5 million that can be rolled over every 3 months to 6 months ..

Nobody will give you an unsecured loan for a duration of 6 years

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have an average turnover of N20 million and above in a year, if yes you can get an overdraft facility of N5 million that can be rolled over every 3 months to 6 months ..

Nobody will give you an unsecured loan for a duration of 6 years
Please what is the longest time frame for repaying an unsecured loan?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:
Please what is the longest time frame for repaying an unsecured loan?

Overdraft is about 3 months, infact most overdraft facilities now require some forms of collateral

I will advise you to sell your car, land, phone, shares, wife jewelries if you believe so much in the agric business, that was how the likes of Jim Ovia, Fola Adeola, Erastus Akingbola and their friends did in order to raise N20 million which they used to get banking license in 1989

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:32am On May 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Overdraft is about 3 months, infact most overdraft facilities now require some forms of collateral

I will advise you to sell your car, land, phone, shares, wife jewelries if you believe so much in the agric business, that was how the likes of Jim Ovia, Fola Adeola, Erastus Akingbola and their friends did in order to raise N20 million which they used to get banking license in 1989

I thought you wanted him to sell his wife Lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:33am On May 27, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

I thought you wanted him to sell his wife Lol

She can allow it for the common good na

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:
please is it possible to borrow 5m from a bank without collateral for an agricultural startup (cassava farming) to be repaid in 6 years?

5M, No collateral, Startup (no experience), 6-year repayment period.

You have some boldness sir.
Goodluck.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2023
otomatic:

Goodluck.

He should try micro finance bank, they might give him 100k.

The problem with entrepreneurs with no track record, no turnover, no collateral, is that they want collateral free loans and yet want to own 100% of the business.

It can't work .

What if he japa with the bank's N5 million

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:42am On May 27, 2023
otomatic:

Goodluck.

The money is for japa

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:43am On May 27, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

Thanks a lot for this info. I was considering buying some stocks but I will save the money for now instead.

Even the cash is not save too.
By this time next month, Jagaban will be making us proud.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Well,i don't have any property of such value else i would have sold it.please advice me what should i do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 11:48am On May 27, 2023
Look to your personal savings, family, neighbours, church, social circle for support
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

The money is for japa
japa? with 5million? to where?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:
Well,i don't have any property of such value else i would have sold it.please advice me what should i do?

What is the annual turnover from your business?

How long have you been in the business?

If you can't raise N5 million, start with whatever you can raise, if possible get a job so that you can save up in order to pursue your dreams

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:

Unfortunately you don't have a track record.

Prove the bank wrong by depositing the title documents of your parents properties as collateral security
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 11:54am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:

Start with what you have!

When you get your business model right and you start generating revenue and profit.

You can look for additional capital to scale the business.

It is very wrong to use a loan to start a NEW business.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 11:55am On May 27, 2023
Thazard:

There are several countries you can use 5 million to Japa to. Including Canada.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2023
Agriculture is too risky to give an unsecured loan to a newbie investor in the industry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:05pm On May 27, 2023
Business should not be an after though but what one is intentional about.

I know a man who is now big in phone and computer importation into the country.

The guy made 3rd class from FUTA in 1999, he believed nobody would employ him

He used his NYSC allowance and money from side hustle to start a computer school and business center, and later diversified into phone importation, later into computers etc

The guy has done well for himself with investments in real estate and stock market courtesy of the profit he made from his business

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 27, 2023
otomatic:
Look to your personal savings, family, neighbours, church, social circle for support

There is one 500k loan ready for me @ Acess bank based on turnover.It is on 4% monthly interest for 3 months.Pa Emma this one is also unsecured loan looking for who to grab it.

The guy can still get up to 5m unsecured loan if he talks to his account officer but the interest rate of 48% per anum is worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2023
locodemy:

There is one 500k loan ready for me @ Acess bank based on turnover.It is on 4% monthly interest for 3 months.Pa Emma this one is also unsecured loan looking for who to grab it.

The guy can still get up to 5m unsecured loan if he talks to his account officer but the interest rate of 48% per anum is worrisome.

That is based on your cash flow. Banks also do cashflow lending but I doubt that this startup has any record. The startup may even be an idea in the promoter's head and looking for who to fund the "experiment".

And, your loan is not so unsecured in this era of global standing instruction in which the bank can debit any account with your bvn. The bank knows that even if your cashflow does not come to them , it will go to another bank and with GSI, they can still recover their money in case of default

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2023
locodemy:

It was based on the monthly cash flow or turnover on your account.

I have been asking the guy for his average turnover but no answer.

Probably it is a new business with no track record
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2023
9free:

Bros, which group be this biko...... The kind haircut wey I received from both $PLTR and $IDEX for that side no be here oh. grin grin

Lolllll is me and my Rabbi ooo he told me then that Tilray will do 2$ from around $16 voom the stuck is currently doing $1.85. there is a quarterly dividend stock am eyeing as he said can do 1.4 again it hit 4$ from 1.42 now 3.8 the next ex dividend price is June 14, I think they pay 0.15$ per quarter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 1:48pm On May 27, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

You seem green in this field and want to learn. We have been investing since 2006. We saw the euphoria of 2006 till March 2008. Many people lost money. I lost some too especially on IPOs, PO but I had a good paying job that made me not bother about the loss.

People made huge money pumping NSE index in 2008 to 66,200 or so. 2008 was a wave 5 of the bullish trend that started in September1999 when NSE index was at 4,900. From that time till 2008, NSE index rose 1,250%.

Once you have a parabolic rise as seen between 2006 to 2008 on NSE INDEX chart, it is usually followed by a sharp decline/corrections. For such corrections, you should hardly invest in them. You should trade them because they are bound to reverse.

And since 2008 till date, NSE index has not touched the 66,200 made then.

In every of such correction, the price makes ABC moves using Elliot Wave. Wave A ended around 2012 when NSE index was at 19,400 during Sanusi Lamido saga. Wave B should go high enough but the peaks seen in 2014 and 2018 doesn't match the specifications described in ELLIOT wave. And the trough of 2018 wave did not clear Wave A (made in 2012).

Then comes the rise after pandemic. The peak hit almost 56,000 in 2023 which correctly describes a Wave B based on the calculations. And coincidentally as could been seen today, all the negative news started coming out around the world about Moody downgrade of Nigerian banks, German recession, crude oil price drop, US defaults, US banking crisis, Chinese downgrade of US AAA ratings, virus resurgence in China, deadly fungi in US and Mexico blah blah blah.

This tells one that we still have a downtrend to go. Wave C needs to clear 2012 low of 19,400. Hence I had to estimate a drop to 18,900 to have a completion of the correction that started in 2008.

If this dares happen, then one can say where the next wave will take us to. We wait to see.

Note: Wave C is usually vicious just like the type we saw in 2020.

"It is not the hunter who spends the most time in the forest that catches the biggest kill."

grin grin

Scary scenario!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2023
Abbasmh:

Back in those days in 2006 to 2008. There was a lot of manipulation of share prices especially in the banking sector, by the directors. The story of peter ololo still in our minds.

And someone was saying OBJ tenure was the best period for NSE now where are the prices today? Still have dead stock my portfolio. I bought japaul for around N3 PO then
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2023
aremso:

Lolllll is me and my Rabbi ooo he told me then that Tilray will do 2$ from around $16 voom the stuck is currently doing $1.85. there is a quarterly dividend stock am eyeing as he said can do 1.4 again it hit 4$ from 1.42 now 3.8 the next ex dividend price is June 14, I think they pay 0.15$ per quarter.
If oga Oracle will permit abeg share the ticker make I check am out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:39pm On May 27, 2023
aremso:

And someone was saying OBJ tenure was the best period for NSE now where are the prices today? Still have dead stock my portfolio. I bought japaul for around N3 PO then
shocked shocked shocked
It is well.
DAARCOM and Unionhomes still dey hang for my neck sha...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:03pm On May 27, 2023
Don't trade what MIGHT happen. Trade what is on your screen.

You win in the market when you agree with the market. The trend is your friend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2023
9free:

shocked shocked shocked
It is well.
DAARCOM and Unionhomes still dey hang for my neck sha...

I get Darrcom too, staco insurance dey there too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2023
owolabi5:

Start with what you have!

When you get your business model right and you start generating revenue and profit.

You can look for additional capital to scale the business.

It is very wrong to use a loan to start a NEW business.

Doing agriculture on a small scale isn't really profitable.

It's just a means to feed your family only.

But doing it on a large scale is where the profit is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Unfortunately you don't have a track record.

Prove the bank wrong by depositing the title documents of your parents properties as collateral security

I said it earlier,if I had any means of collateral,I wouldn't be asking of loan without collateral.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

What is the annual turnover from your business?

How long have you been in the business?

If you can't raise N5 million, start with whatever you can raise, if possible get a job so that you can save up in order to pursue your dreams

It's just a start up and I do have a job but it isn't really sufficient for me that's why I want to invest in garri production.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thazard(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2023
otomatic:

Goodluck.

6 years repayment plan?

Well I don't really like late payments.

So I am trying to be realistic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7002) (7003) (7004) (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.