Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10867144 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7508) (7509) (7510) (7511) (7512) (7513) (7514) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 8:11pm On Jan 19
123ABCXYZ:
I agree with your analysis on inflation but not on positive sentiments. The exit of large global corporations from the country is one big negative, no improvement of the security situation and distrust in the judiciary are serious negatives for any sentiment analysis performed by anyone and there has not been serious efforts to reform the country so I disagree. In my organisation here in the UK, we downgraded Nigeria this year in comparison to other african countries when looking at possible emerging market investment destinations.

I suppose one other factor driving investment in the stock market is the fall of the naira which has seen most financial institutions post massive forex gains and profits, providing the opportunity for short term profit hunters to take advantage of that value. I foresee a retraction post April 2024 except, inflation continues to rise and the naira continues to fall at rapid speed.

Analysis paralysis. That was how MTN got into Nigeria when Vodacom was hesitation. Today, between MTN and Vodacom, one is better for it while the other is worst off.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19
Olaide1295:

How is the US market suffering because of Blackrock etc? Please explain.

A fault finder will always find one, if there is none he will create one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 8:20pm On Jan 19
BabsO2:

Black rock just met with the CBN governor this week. Hope they got positive insights. Also don't forget the ratings agencies upgraded Nigeria last year.

I don’t know if this is good or bad for Nigerian economy. When hot money comes into Nigeria, Naira remains unchanged. When hot money leaves, it takes the whole market with it, with huge devaluation and high inflation in the process. Similar situation happened when JP Morgan pulled Nigeria out of their Emerging Market Bond Index in 2015, forcing a lot of hot money to pull out of Nigeria crippling our stock market in the process.

How do we ensure hot money does not destroy our economy during difficult times? I hope CBN and other regulatory agencies are paying attention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19
Custodian is not even moving in this bull, when omatek and even tantalizer shake body
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 9:28pm On Jan 19
ojeysky:
Custodian is not even moving in this bull, when omatek and even tantalizer shake body

OMATEK and TANTALIZERS are dead stocks trying to see if life can get to them na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 9:29pm On Jan 19
grin
emmanuelewumi:

A fault finder will always find one, if there is none he will create one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19
So finally, I have been unbanned by Nairaland moderators?

Oluwa seun ooo

Just because I have been saying I jump out of this or that stock? That one no be spamming naa.

Anyway, if them like make dem ban me again. My people my people, during the ban, I also jumped out from the aeroplane of Guinness.

Those who are still in it. Una safe flight ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19
courage89:

I don’t know if this is good or bad for Nigerian economy. When hot money comes into Nigeria, Naira remains unchanged. When hot money leaves, it takes the whole market with it, with huge devaluation and high inflation in the process. Similar situation happened when JP Morgan pulled Nigeria out of their Emerging Market Bond Index in 2015, forcing a lot of hot money to pull out of Nigeria crippling our stock market in the process.

How do we ensure hot money does not destroy our economy during difficult times? I hope CBN and other regulatory agencies are paying attention.

This is what Bing told me about Blackrock with respect to the US economy.

I assume you are asking if BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, has had a negative impact on the US economy. According to a report by BlackRock strategists, the global economy has entered a period of elevated volatility, and previous investing approaches won’t work anymore 1. However, I could not find any credible sources that suggest BlackRock has damaged the US economy.

In fact, BlackRock has been a major contributor to the US economy. It has invested in various sectors, including infrastructure, technology, and renewable energy, creating jobs and driving economic growth 2.
Unquote

1. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/blackrock-recession-warning-stock-market-analysis-2023-economic-outlook-2022-12

2. https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/03/how-the-massive-money-manager-blackrock-endangers-u-s-prosperity-and-national-security/

I quess blackrock will be looking for investment opportunities in infrastructure and perhaps mining. I hope they invest in $$$ generating projects to ease repatriation of their investment funds.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:47pm On Jan 19
Not all DD are Due Diligence. Some DD are Delayed Decisions.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:50pm On Jan 19
BabsO2:

This is what Bing told me about Blackrock with respect to the US economy.

I assume you are asking if BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, has had a negative impact on the US economy. According to a report by BlackRock strategists, the global economy has entered a period of elevated volatility, and previous investing approaches won’t work anymore 1. However, I could not find any credible sources that suggest BlackRock has damaged the US economy.

In fact, BlackRock has been a major contributor to the US economy. It has invested in various sectors, including infrastructure, technology, and renewable energy, creating jobs and driving economic growth 2.
Unquote

1. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/blackrock-recession-warning-stock-market-analysis-2023-economic-outlook-2022-12

2. https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/03/how-the-massive-money-manager-blackrock-endangers-u-s-prosperity-and-national-security/

I quess blackrock will be looking for investment opportunities in infrastructure and perhaps mining. I hope they invest in $$$ generating projects to ease repatriation of their investment funds.

Reading the second link, one can see the potential negative issues BlackRock might be causing in the US
With its massive stock holdings it dictates who the managers of top companies are and seem to have pushed for leadership in companies like Exxon who favored less drilling leading to alleged high fuel prices.
It creates monopolies which I believe could put smaller businesses out of business. And there are some allegations it's causing house prices to rise. etc, Umm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 10:50pm On Jan 19
essentialone:

True

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 11:10pm On Jan 19
Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux

https://www.thecable.ng/unilever-nigeria-stops-production-sales-of-omo-lux/amp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by folamee: 11:20pm On Jan 19
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o.
Plenty pages don full ground, it's well. smiley

* BUACEM and DANGCEM at +10%...
* BUACEM: @148.50 full bid
* DANGCEM: @538.80 full bid
* ETERNA: @22.95.....very full bid
* DANGSUGAR retesting the previous 81......Up with +N4.50 so far ......
* BUAFOODS: @264 intra-day......mini full bid
Pls can you explain what u mean by full bid, thanks in advance
** Not any form of buy/sell advice**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by folamee: 11:34pm On Jan 19
onegentleguy:

Am sorry Sir.
I will share when I will. ...I always do!

But the content of the outline and any guide related thereof is strictly for those who subscribed for it.
Many are members here, hence the reason for the post and other previous updates.

Do take care of you.
Regards
how do i subcribe abeg, i am a newbie in this business
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:04am On Jan 20
Why not wait for his/her explanation before you launch your 'attack'?
angry

Emndy:

Na waa sha, person go just come online, open mouth talk . Na real wa.

Suffering how?

smh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:08am On Jan 20
grin grin

essentialone:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:06am On Jan 20
“Please, introduce me to an effective & reliable Artificial Intelligence, Price direction indicators, or expert Software, Chart, Footnotes, & Caveat, and any other trading tools, or licensed Signal provider companies, available for stock trading, that I can use, for picking a profitable stock, knowing when to enter, and exit the market”.
COPIED…

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:42am On Jan 20
too many persons seem to be entering the stock market, with the mindset of Cryptocurrency trading, Forex trading, and Bet9ja gambling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 7:49am On Jan 20
@Pa Emma, Please has DMO announced any primary auction for FGN Bonds this month? Couldn't find anything of such online. Thanks for anticipated reply
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ojoboak(m): 8:34am On Jan 20
chibaby1985:
Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux

https://www.thecable.ng/unilever-nigeria-stops-production-sales-of-omo-lux/amp
Please complete it especially with the bold;
"In a statement in the company’s earnings report, Unilever Nigeria said production and sales “ceased in December 2023”.

Unilever said the factory used to produce the home care and skin cleansing products has been leased out to a third party.

“Subsequent to the company’s exit from the Home Care and Skin Cleansing categories
, the factory buildings have been leased to a third party for a duration of 10 years, with annual rental payments,” the company said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 8:47am On Jan 20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:49am On Jan 20
MrDiligence:
@Pa Emma, Please has DMO announced any primary auction for FGN Bonds this month? Couldn't find anything of such online. Thanks for anticipated reply

No, probably next month. But you can always buy in the secondary market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 8:54am On Jan 20
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you very much 🙏
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 9:24am On Jan 20
I thank God for those lessons. I was in university and out of little i got from parents, i would send to my broker.

I was always at Sunny Ojeagbase seminars and buying his business newspaper every week.

I lost money but i became wiser

emmanuelewumi:

You won't believe I never bought any of those offers.

The Maths did not make sense. Even Bank PHB and the likes, I didn't buy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:28am On Jan 20
emmanuelewumi:

I don't really understand the rate at the secondary market. You will see two rates quoted. One is discounted rate and another rate.which should I use to calculate the interest to come from my investment.
Like my sukuk I know it is 13% and nothing else
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 9:41am On Jan 20
RichEstate:
I thank God for those lessons. I was in university and out of little i got from parents, i would send to my broker.

I was always at Sunny Ojeagbase seminars and buying his business newspaper every week.

I lost money but i became wiser

Wise
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 9:44am On Jan 20
Nigeria’s Poverty Reduced By Seven Per Cent

https://punchng.com/nigerias-poverty-reduced-by-seven-per-cent-world-bank/

Positive momentum: NGX records impressive 13.8% weekly surge, closing with a 2.87% gain

https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/19/positive-momentum-ngx-records-impressive-13-8-weekly-surge-closing-with-a-2-87-gain/

Foreign Investments from countries visited by Tinubu, Shettima crash by 62.4% in Q3 2023

https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/19/foreign-investments-from-countries-visited-by-tinubu-shettima-crash-by-62-4-in-q3-2023/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 10:00am On Jan 20
Is Otedola buying Zenith stock?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chibaby1985(f): 10:03am On Jan 20
femu:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 10:20am On Jan 20
Sounds like Cecilia Ibru

emmanuelewumi:

Not referring to Intercontinental but also in that category. The CEO of Intercontinental na pastor.

This CEO goes to all the jamborees on Lagos Ibadan express from kinetic energy must change hand to Oke tude to Holy spirit night, Taborrah, different mountains. Not from the south west geopolitical zone and not align to a particular denomination
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:22am On Jan 20
femu:
So Otedola did not see Access bank (the most "acquisition" bank in Nigeria) to buy, na Zenith wey dey high he want buy.

Btw
He wants to own and be in the board of both FBNH and Zenith. Is that allowed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:23am On Jan 20
Streetinvestor2:
I don't really understand the rate at the secondary market. You will see two rates quoted. One is discounted rate and another rate.which should I use to calculate the interest to come from my investment.
Like my sukuk I know it is 13% and nothing else

That is the spread between the bid and offer. That is how the bank makes money

Eg buying a property from a property company at N40 million and selling at N38 million to the same company

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7508) (7509) (7510) (7511) (7512) (7513) (7514) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangle, SetrakusRa(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.