Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11093678 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (7822) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
Born 2be Rich: For future reference, if anyone wants to know the registrar of any listed company on the NSE, kindly click on this link http://fidelitysecuritieslimited.com/UserFiles/File/REGISTRAR%20AND%20STOCKS.pdf ...i hope it is useful...

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot for this list. I think this is the most recently updated list that I have seen so far. Some lists contain outdated information of companies and their registrars and some registrars are just too lazy to update their websites which is actually a shame as this gives wrong and confusing information to investors. In the past, I have sent E-dividend forms that were returned to me due to the fact that the registrars have either relocated or are no longer registrars to the companies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
My broker uses 5k to open account. Dt 5k is for processing fee to open acnt. They won't use it to buy any share. You can then use any amount you have to buy shares.I use Fidelity securities limited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mjay(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Elai147:

It will depend on the type of investment you are interested in- short term or long term. Would you like to enter the market, make some profit and exit or are you interested in dividends and bonuses from companies? I think you will get more responses if you let the house know the type of investor you are and what you really want.
Am in for the medium and long term. I am more for capital appereciation than for dividends. Bonus may be attractive if it is not that of already bloated equities. In all ROI is the essence not much for retirement. Thanks. I can't wait to take positions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

i never see woman were like money pass mercylicious...chia... cheesy

Hahaha. I just want to retire richer than my colleagues/friends. I was introduced to piggy bank early in life- where u have a small wooden box and u save money, at the end of the tenure (maybe 3months or one year) u open d safe and know who amongst you saved the most.it was a competition.
I also heard of stock mkt the first time from my grand dad. Dt guy had a lot of shares, unilever, ap, nestle, guiness, etc ( I never saw any banking share). He bought a long time ago b4 the rush of the ipo's , so we used to see a lot of dividends coming in. The guy was always boxed up. If a particular share gives bonus, he may decide to sell some, and you see dt money is good. He will sow chieftaincy wears (even though he is not a chief).
He died early this year sha. How do we access unclaimed dividend?I've heard of unclaimed dividend register sha bt don't know if they now host the register online. Can unclaimed dividend amount be compiled and a cheque or draft raised for the total sum?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
I need investors that would invest in me and would be paid twenty percent interest yearly.long term investors and newbies in stock investing can try this.
Disclaimer:
dont ask me how i will use the money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mindtricks: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
mjay: Hi all I was beaten and bitten by the meltdown of recent past and have since ran away from the stockmarket, though I still have some remnants with some two cscs accounts, i dont even bother to pick my dividend slips from the box anymore. Anyway am considering venturing back into the system for whatever I dont know, just that my hunch tells me it is an emerging market that holds some future possibilities. My take now is that I want to test the waters with 500k to 1mil. To the consistent gurus in the house, where and in what stocks will you advise me to take positions? And I hope I am taking the right steps. So house I need your experienced opinion I am presently green, but am studying some analysis presently. Thanks for your counsel.
mjay, love ur guts bro!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mindtricks: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
stockbull:

I need investors that would invest in me and would be paid twenty percent interest yearly.long term investors and newbies in stock investing can try this.
Disclaimer:
. . . and certainly not for the faint-hearted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbear: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
Please who has idea of the closure n year end of fidson
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
mjay:
Am in for the medium and long term. I am more for capital appereciation than for dividends. Bonus may be attractive if it is not that of already bloated equities. In all ROI is the essence not much for retirement. Thanks. I can't wait to take positions.

I do not recommend stocks. However, I am going to list some stocks that I would like to have in my portfolio as an investor. It is not a recommendation for stock picks.

My Long Term stocks: Dividend, bonus, retirement portfolio...
CAP, DANGCEM, UACN, ZENITH, FBNH, GUARANTY, ETI, UBA, JBERGER, TOTAL, MOBIL, OANDO, FLOURMILL, OKOMUOIL, PRESCO, UNILEVER

My Short Term stocks: Capital appreciation, trading stocks...
ACCESS, DANGSUGAR, LIVESTOCK, NAHCO, NASCON, EVANSMED, MAYBAKER, ETERNA, TRANSCORP, ABCTRANS

Please note that for short term picks, you must know when to enter and exit. In my opinion, I will not advise you to enter any stock now (short term) because most of them are not in their right entry points. You should follow this thread regularly and ask questions in order to know the right time to buy. Your best bet may be to work on your technical analysis very well, study charts (Candlesticks, Bollinger bands, e.t.c) to help you make your own decisions on entry and exit points.

Good luck !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:23am On Jul 18, 2013
stockbear: Please who has idea of the closure n year end of fidson
Year end is Dec 31, dividend of 12k for fy2012, closure etc i no know. dd
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onokpalo: 1:35am On Jul 18, 2013
Let me first all be appreciative to everyone who has contributed to this educative and profitable trend. May God bless you and all your investments. I am newbie here and I have painstakingly been perusing all analyses here, I have indeed learnt alot. I am at the point taking a decision to enter the market now with the little cash, say 20k available to me. I am thinking of securing Transcourp, livestock feeds or GTB or FBN. I want to seek ur professional advice of the future and profitability of the aforementioned domain. Meanwhile my ambition is both short term and long term. I am looking at 20% and above. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onokpalo: 2:20am On Jul 18, 2013
Elia
Elai147:

I do not recommend stocks. However, I am going to list some stocks that I would like to have in my portfolio as an investor. It is not a recommendation for stock picks.

My Long Term stocks: Dividend, bonus, retirement portfolio...
CAP, DANGCEM, UACN, ZENITH, FBNH, GUARANTY, ETI, UBA, JBERGER, TOTAL, MOBIL, OANDO, FLOURMILL, OKOMUOIL, PRESCO, UNILEVER

My Short Term stocks: Capital appreciation, trading stocks...
ACCESS, DANGSUGAR, LIVESTOCK, NAHCO, NASCON, EVANSMED, MAYBAKER, ETERNA, TRANSCORP, ABCTRANS

Please note that for short term picks, you must know when to enter and exit. In my opinion, I will not advise you to enter any stock now (short term) because most of them are not in their right entry points. You should follow this thread regularly and ask questions in order to know the right time to buy. Your best bet may be to work on your technical analysis very well, study charts (Candlesticks, Bollinger bands, e.t.c) to help you make your own decisions on entry and exit points.

Good luck !
Elia

Where can I learn how to study chart and bollinger band
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:00am On Jul 18, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Oceanic Registrars,226 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos

Ocean Registrars used to be at Onipanu Palmgrove on Ikorodu Road.

I do not think oceanic registrars still exist, since the company was taken over by Ecobank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2013
mercylicious: My broker uses 5k to open account. Dt 5k is for processing fee to open acnt. They won't use it to buy any share. You can then use any amount you have to buy shares.I use Fidelity securities limited.
let me have there phone number and post office address with yours phone number.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:42am On Jul 18, 2013
stockbull:

Disclaimer:
our teacher why now? teach us well now grin like how much you want us to invest in stockbull ? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Epphy(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2013
Good morning experts. Yesterday was my first day in this thread. I have been looking at different possible ways of investing short and medium terms. I am really interested in stocks but I need people to guide me. I have little knowledge about it. I was put off due to the melt down as I invested little funds in buying banks shares then. Kindly help my curiosity. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2013

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2013
onokpalo: EliaElia

Where can I learn how to study chart and bollinger band

Try youtube and google. Just type in what you want and you will find a lot of materials that will help u.
You may also want to try this site for candlesticks basics... www.candlestickforum.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Epphy: Good morning experts. Yesterday was my first day in this thread. I have been looking at different possible ways of investing short and medium terms. I am really interested in stocks but I need people to guide me. I have little knowledge about it. I was put off due to the melt down as I invested little funds in buying banks shares then. Kindly help my curiosity. Thanks.

Find time to go through all the posts on this thread from the beginning. Also, keep following the thread for current news, guidance and more knowledge about stock investment. Don't forget to always ask questions if you need anything and someone will definitely help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
Should I sell MayBaker with 25% gain pls? Eventhough it is far from being oversold. Also far from resistance line. Moreover, this is the beginning of the third quarter. What borders me is the manner at which investors are selling of resent. I just fear they might just start selling the stock and you know the consequence. Remember that whatever the chart says, investors are unpredictable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
Toluway: Should I sell MayBaker with 25% gain pls? Eventhough it is far from being oversold. Also far from resistance line. Moreover, this is the beginning of the third quarter. What borders me is the manner at which investors are selling of resent. I just fear they might just start selling the stock and you know the consequence. Remember that whatever the chart says, investors are unpredictable.
befor u buy a stock u must know the price to sell. what is the name of your broker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saanil: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am not able to find the reporting dates of the banks - GTB/Zenith/FBN/UBA and ETI. I need to know the date when they will be releasing their 2Q13 results. If anyone knows please let me know.....

Also I heard Sterling bank reported their second quarter results - How were they? good or bad?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 80kobo(m): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
What do we think about ABCTRANS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Toluway: Should I sell MayBaker with 25% gain pls? Eventhough it is far from being oversold. Also far from resistance line. Moreover, this is the beginning of the third quarter. What borders me is the manner at which investors are selling of resent. I just fear they might just start selling the stock and you know the consequence. Remember that whatever the chart says, investors are unpredictable.
you can sell especially when the stock has risen up to ten percent over the first support point before you buy. It may be too late before the charts tells you what to do
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thanks Stockbull. I remenber you bought this stock immediately it shot out of the support line when I was still critical about it's debt profile. Bravo.
Actually the stock still has ample room to rally when you consider the technical indicators. But indicators ain't gonna tell you when your neighbours would sell. Investors can be very unpredictable especially when you anticipate short term prifit .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sterling Bank PLC Q2 2013 results
You can follow the link below to view Sterling Bank's Q2 2013 results.
By the way, I think this result is H1 and not Q2, as reported. They mix all these things here in Nigeria.

I see no quarter on quarter growth in PAT.
What are your takes?
proshareng.com/news/20450
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
should we expect courtville to fall to 0.50 again soon (mayb after d issuance of d bonus), so i can accummulate enuff grin...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
80kobo: What do we think about ABCTRANS
I think it may be too late go into ABCTRANS.
However, if you are going in for the medium to long term, I suggest you wait for an anticipated down-ward correction after mark-down for 13k/share dividend, (which may not also happen).

Do your personal due diligence and make a decision.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 80kobo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
chillykelly86:
I think it may be too late go into ABCTRANS.
However, if you are going in for the medium to long term, I suggest you wait for an anticipated down-ward correction after mark-down for 13k/share dividend, (which may not also happen).

Do your personal due diligence and make a decision.

Thanks,

I got in at 1.01, I'm thinking of Holding out for 1.8,

Probable?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
*Pls, find the more accurate post below*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Africa Prudential Registrars' Q2 2013 results
Please, find proshareng.com's presentation of the above-named result at the link below.

My first impression from the result is that Q2 profits declined relative to Q1:
Q1 - N175mln
Q2 - N137mln(38 mln decline or 21.7% decline).
Though I haven't had a critical look at the results.
And it could also be due to the nature of their business. Probably, they get more receipts at the beginning of the year.
But, at current price, I still like this stock.

proshareng.com/news/20453
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
frond:

That was the reason why I said you must be reasonable. Unfortunately, stock trading is not building materials market. Reasonable returns will be say max of 30% per six months, or say 15% per quarter. If you make more than that that is fine. But I think this % of return is a good start. Say for example you buy skye bank @ 5 and target 6 naira within 3 months. That is 20% excluding commission. This is doable and achievable. But 100% in 6 months is gambling. If you achieve this, it is just cheer luck and I promise you soon or later you will loose all your money. I will look at the stocks and let you know the ones that have the potential of price increase of 20% within the next three months.

10x

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (7822) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1jboi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.