Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism (13576 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The key word there is satisfactory. I have pointed out that morality transcends survival instcts. I have asked you to explain how your precious evolution gave the human brain the reasoning required to make moral choices. You have adduced none.

I give up. I have done my best.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by UyiIredia(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up. I have done my best.

Unfortunately your best was not enough.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 5:30am On Jan 11, 2013
Seun:
I'm referencing the entire bible from Genesis to Revelation. Throughout the entire bible, slave-keeping is never condemned as a sin.

Actually, I think we should dwell on what the bible does not say about slavery. The bible does not say it is a sin to own or trade slaves.
What you have just done is called arguing from silence i.e. "Seun did not say anything about X therefore Seun accepts X" it doesn't follow.

Now during Jesus' time, people owned slaves, and also there were Roman's oppressing the Jews, there was also armed robbery and prostitution and witchcraft but notice Jesus was somewhat silent about those too. He never outrightly condemns the Romans for oppressing the Jews, He allows a prostitute to hang out with his crew, on cases of witchcraft and armed robbery he is silent as well. But does this therefore mean that he is in support? No it doesn't.

Jesus preached "Love your neighbour as yourself" and "Love your enemies" I don't see how one can adhere to those and still oppress a slave. The Early Church gives us a look into how slavery was like in the church and I gave you the clearest instance of this is in Paul's letter to Philemon which is the letter I gave you to evaluate (I only substituted Paul for Pastor Seun and replaced Philemon with Mr Okafor).

Another place where Paul says something about slavery/discrimination is in his letter to the Galatian church
"....There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus..." Galatians 3:28

I would really like it if you could read the letter I presented to you (or read Paul's letter to Philemon) and then tell me what you think of it then we can discuss further.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 5:32am On Jan 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Unfortunately your best was not enough.
I told you earlier that you were pouring water on a peice of rock. Logicboy and logic are like two parallel lines. They never meet.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I told you earlier that you were pouring water on a peice of rock. Logicboy and logic are like two parallel lines. They never meet.

Lolz cheesy cheesy

After you have been exposed on this thread? Abeg dnt project your epic fails on me. grin grin

Please, sort yourself out with your failed assumptions on souls and morals before you claim that someone is illogical
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 5:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lolz cheesy cheesy

After you have been exposed on this thread? Abeg dnt project your epic fails on me. grin grin

Please, sort yourself out with your failed assumptions on souls and morals before you claim that someone is illogical

Really? Exposed as what? besides I am still waiting for your friend mazaje to come and tell us how physical reactions can come from and produce non-physical entities. Interestingly, that was more or less the same question Uyi was hoping you'd sort out but as usual you fumbled it.
My dear Logicboy when you learn some logic, perhaps you'll then be able to have sensible conversations. For now you are pretty unimpressive.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 6:02am On Jan 11, 2013
Deep Sight: Anony, what do you make of the following in red with regard to the salvation of atheists and other non-christians -

God is love. One can also say that God is the source of love. All creatures of God irrespective of race, religion, sex, nationality etc can absorb of this love of God and dispense it accordingly. In the case of human beings, what absorbs this love from God is the human spirit. This love will permeate the spirit, its clocks including the outermost shell, the physical body. Thus he who absorbs the rays of love will manifest love including love for all creations of God. Now, the recognition of this love as coming from God depends on the various radiation connection between the spirit and the various shells surrounding the spirit, the last shell being the physical body and its coordinating center, the human brain. In many of us, this radiation connections are not straight, thus the shells enveloping the spirit are not conscious of the impressions that vibrates in the spirit. Thus a man may believe himself to be an atheist because that is what his brain tells him and yet his spirit is in the recognition of God. Irrespective of his brain telling him that God does not exist, the emanations of the spirit including love still permeates his mind and body resulting in expressions of genuine love. Thus although from a human standpoint, such a man is considered by himself and others to be atheist, spiritually the man is a theist.

In a similar vein the brain and the mind may be trained or indoctrinated or programmed to believe in God but their spirit has no recognition of God. In this case, this believer is actually an atheist even though he believes himself to be a theist. However because he, that is, the spirit has no connection with God, he cannot absorb the rays of love and manifest it. Thus, in spite of his intellectual believe in God, he still manifests the works of the flesh including hatred, anger, lust, gossip, avarice, fear, etc. The species of a seed determines the fruits that it will bear. Thus all genuine love and human beings who indulge in it believe in God even when they are unconscious of it while on earth.

Thus, all human beings who indulge in genuine love are of God and all those who indulge in hatred are not of God. By there works or fruits, you shall know those who stand in the will of God and those that oppose it or do not recognize it. This is an infallible yardstick to know who belongs to God and those who are not.

Therefore the love of God manifests in the love of all creations of God. On earth, it is possible for an atheist to love God without being spiritually conscious of it. However if such atheist continues in the manifestation of the love of God, either later in this earthly life or in the beyond on in another earthly life the emanations of the love of God that vibrates in his spirit will also permeate his earthly brain such that he also becomes conscious of the existence of God while in the physical body. What counts is how our spirit is close or far away from the will of God. Religion, nationality, sex, class and similar things that we think are very important while on earth are worthless once we drop this physical body.

In my view, there is no difference between the pope, the Christian, the mystic or an atheists when it concerns the will of God. Murder is murder whether perpetrated by a pope, a theist or an atheist. Genuine love is genuine love whether it came from an atheist, a pastor or an agnostic. Sometimes we think too much and thus think nothing. If we look around even on earth, we should find that the natural laws which are the manifestation of the will of God in nature does not give a hoot about all these artificial constructs. If a bud-hist sows yam in a fertile soil, he will reap yam. The same goes for an atheist and the theist. In an earthquake or epidemic or accident, both theists and atheists are saved and killed. A deeper look on why these things are the way they are may open our eyes to the working of God. Best wishes.

This post in red above was by M_Nwankwo

https://www.nairaland.com/687376/true-meaning-love-nwankwo
Noted. I agree that God is love in the sense that God is the source of love and love is God's nature. However (ignoring all the mystic jargon) one mistake M.Nwankwo makes is that he tries to equate Love to God. There is a subtle difference between "God is love" and "love is God" in the sense that one describes the character of a person while the other personifies the character itself and that is what M.Nwankwo has done more or less.

Now I agree with M.Nwankwo when he says that one might think he believes God but if he doesn't have love in him, he isn't really a theist in the sense that his belief does not reflect in his actions. For the atheist/non-believer, I find it hard to believe that someone who has love in him is brought in contact with God who is love and yet the person rejects it.

For instance when I hear atheists criticizing and insulting Jesus Christ, I immediately know that they are not sincere because no one who claims to stand for good can be presented with the person of Jesus Christ and reject Him in all honesty. What I see in most atheists (especially the militant ones on Nairaland) is the same kind of blind fanaticism I see in cult religions.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Really? Exposed as what? besides I am still waiting for your friend mazaje to come and tell us how physical reactions can come from produce non-physical entities. Interestingly, that was more or less the same question Uyi was hoping you'd sort out but as usual you fumbled it. My dear Logicboy when you learn some logic, perhaps you'll then be able to have sensible conversations. For now you are pretty unimpressive.

This is the thing that irritates me;

1) The theist gets debunked (I provided clear reasons why morals cant come from god but from evolution and logic to Uyi Iredia)
2) The theist then starts to ask questions rather than explain his own position (how does morality come from evolution)
3) The thiest gets answered (I answered; our basic instincts for survival form a basic morality then we also use logic to reason out good/evil things)
4) The theist knowing that he has nothing, makes some strawmen and accusations out of desparation (Evolution is false! Evolution has no will! Matter lacks morality!)
5) After being shown that his statements are strawmen, they ask questions that are either irrelevant, takes a whole article to explain or have no answer;

a)Useless question #1;When did the brain start to understand morality?
Fail. Badly worded question. You have been told that morality is a product of reasoning. You should ask about the reasoning developing in human brains.

b) Useless question #2; When did the brain start to use reasoning?
First of all, this has gone beyond our scope of discussion into deep evolutionary biology and psychology. Secondly, it is not an answerable question- scientists can only barely answer HOW the brain developed reasoning. Even if we couldnt explain this, this has nothing to do with the discussion and it doesnt make morality from God true.

c)Useless question #3; How did the brain develop reasoning?
- After denying evolution, the theist now asks a question only answerable by evolutionary biology! Ironic
-I gave both a scientific reason and an educated guess how- mutations in the brains of our ape ancestors and need for better communication to survive
-This question requires a whole article to be written and here I must ask, what does this question do to prove that morality can not come from evolution/logic?

=================================

Anony and Uyi Iredia, you guys are dubious and shameless. You have nothing to offer but lies, strawmen and irrelevant questions when your points have been refuted.

MTCHEW
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:

For instance when I hear atheists criticizing and insulting Jesus Christ, I immediately know that they are not sincere because no one who claims to stand for good can be presented with the person of Jesus Christ and reject Him in all honesty. What I see in most atheists (especially the militant ones on Nairaland) is the same kind of blind fanaticism I see in cult religions.

Did Jesus chase people with whips and destroy private property of merchants in the church?

Did Jesus not tell the Canaanite woman the he only came for the lost sheep of Isreal and also call her a dog (indirectly)?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2013
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is the thing that irritates me;

1) The theist gets debunked (I provided clear reasons why morals cant come from god but from evolution and logic to Uyi Iredia)
2) The theist then starts to ask questions rather than explain his own position (how does morality come from evolution)
3) The thiest gets answered (I answered; our basic instincts for survival form a basic morality then we also use logic to reason out good/evil things)
4) The theist knowing that he has nothing, makes some strawmen and accusations out of desparation (Evolution is false! Evolution has no will! Matter lacks morality!)
5) After being shown that his statements are strawmen, they ask questions that are either irrelevant, takes a whole article to explain or have no answer;

a)Useless question #1;When did the brain start to understand morality?
Fail. Badly worded question. You have been told that morality is a product of reasoning. You should ask about the reasoning developing in human brains.

b) Useless question #2; When did the brain start to use reasoning?
First of all, this has gone beyond our scope of discussion into deep evolutionary biology and psychology. Secondly, it is not an answerable question- scientists can only barely answer HOW the brain developed reasoning. Even if we couldnt explain this, this has nothing to do with the discussion and it doesnt make morality from God true.

c)Useless question #3; How did the brain develop reasoning?
- After denying evolution, the theist now asks a question only answerable by evolutionary biology! Ironic
-I gave both a scientific reason and an educated guess how- mutations in the brains of our ape ancestors and need for better communication to survive
-This question requires a whole article to be written and here I must ask, what does this question do to prove that morality can not come from evolution/logic?

=================================

Anony and Uyi Iredia, you guys are dubious and shameless. You have nothing to offer but lies, strawmen and irrelevant questions when your points have been refuted.

MTCHEW

Yawn....basically all you've done is claim that you have made a "debunking" and then declare your opponents contentions as "useless" without even trying to reason through them...Lol, you don't know how much you make me laugh.

This is basically all you've done in a nutshell.

Logicboy: 2+5=52

Uyi/anony: How did you arrive at that answer?

Logicboy: addition

Uyi/anony: but we don't know addition to work that way. How did you arrive at 52?

Logicboy: That's a useless question

Uyi/anony: okay we'll rephrase it and dumb it down for you, how did you add 2 to 5 to get 52?

Logicboy: Strawman! Anonyism! I have debunked Uyi and Anony. Epic fail!

Uyi/anony: smh
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 7:11am On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did Jesus chase people with whips and destroy private property of merchants in the church?
Lol, this is coming from the guy who is strongly against church merchandizing and "tithe fraud". You of all people should be applauding Him for this.....if you are honest and sincere

Did Jesus not tell the Canaanite woman the he only came for the lost sheep of Isreal and also call her a dog (indirectly)?
Actually Jesus told her the truth that He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel. He then proceeded to give her an analogy to which the woman intelligently responded. (Obviously, the woman did not take it the wrong way like you are doing on her behalf 2000 years later) and guess what?

JESUS HEALED HER DAUGHTER!

You have no case.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by mazaje(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Firstly Jesus promoted some pacifist philosophy that are very BAD, even christians do NOT follow them because they are bad. . .

Luke 6:29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.

This is pure nonsense and is bad. . .Even christians do NOT practice this at all. . .If I come and slap you and try to take your jacket it either you fight back or call the police on me. . .

With regards to divorce, Jesus's advice is plain wrong, why should a divorcee not get married to another person until after his/her divorced spouse dies?

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.. . .

No forgiveness in his ruling. . .Who considers this to be a good thing, divorce is sometimes VERY good and saves people's lives. . .To say that divorce should be done ONLY on the basis of fornication is to not know what you are talking about, what if you are married to an unrepentant criminal and a psychopath that beats you regularly?. .Divorce is very good in this case, Jesus's declaration here is very bad, many christians do not even abide by it any way because they know its untenable and bad. . .

Threatening people with hellfire for unbelief?. . .What the hell is that, so because people do not believe in your stories the best thing is to threaten them with fire and death?. . .Who considers that to be a good thing?. . .Definitely not me. . .

For some weird reasons,he even admitted he was violent. . .

Matthew 10: 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

He said he came to divide families. . .

Matthew 10:5 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household

Who will consider such a person a good person. . .A person that claims to set people against each other. . .Not me. . .

He asked people to leave their jobs and families to join his little cult group and made them false promises of a second coming within their lives. This makes him no better than Harold Camping, Wayne Bent or Jim Jones (before the mass "suicide" ) as far as I'm concerned and every bit as dangerously crazy..

Good I say is relative, some of the good thing Jesus stood for are considered as bad by many others. . .
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by DeepSight(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Noted. I agree that God is love in the sense that God is the source of love and love is God's nature. However (ignoring all the mystic jargon) one mistake M.Nwankwo makes is that he tries to equate Love to God. There is a subtle difference between "God is love" and "love is God" in the sense that one describes the character of a person while the other personifies the character itself and that is what M.Nwankwo has done more or less.

Point taken, but as one well acquainted with the views of M_Nwankwo, let me just inform you that he does not see God as merely free floating love. He also regards God as a definite but transcendental being. As such, his analogy is directed at indicating what he believes it takes to connect with God - that is love, no more, and no less.

Let me add personally that if you really believe God to be transcendental, you would realize that you are belittling God by thinking that he would insist on people knowing of or accepting a particular individual regardless of their cultural, religious and historical differences - whether this individual was God himself or not, or whether this individual was God's son or not - because the mind of God surely transcends such things and looks to the core - the heart.

Now this is not even touching on that which is meant by "acceptance" of christ. For the write-up by Nwankwo above actually shows us that "acceptance" is a mind-state of love and not merely declaration of belief in Christ as Messiah. That is nothing. Surely you know that.

Now I agree with M.Nwankwo when he says that one might think he believes God but if he doesn't have love in him, he isn't really a theist in the sense that his belief does not reflect in his actions. For the atheist/non-believer, I find it hard to believe that someone who has love in him is brought in contact with God who is love and yet the person rejects it.

You know, many non-Christians and even atheists; in fact, I dare say most - accept the generality of Jesus's teachings on love. Except of course misguided people like Martian who say that "love thy neighbour as thyself" is a bad teaching, I can safely say that the generality of people regard it as a sound teaching.

The problem lies with the more specific and cult-like teaching that one must accept Jesus the man in person, as personal lord and saviour, and also accept him as God, and only begotten son of God, and further believe that his death on the cross represents ritual sacrificial salvation and redemption for mankind. I do not believe any of these things: and many a sound man who has love for humanity in his heart would similarly disbelieve these things.

Does this amount to rejecting Christ?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by truthislight: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Withing your environment and context you have passed on a shallow sentence based on wrong judgements.

If only you know the details and background/moral compass and the reasons therein that govern such laws.

But then, experience is not a commodity sold in the market.

Its like a prostitute judging some one that says he can only sleep with his wife till he dies, what do you expect?

mazaje:

Firstly Jesus promoted some pacifist philosophy that are very BAD, even christians do NOT follow them because they are bad. . .

speak for yourself guy.

I follow that, if only you are able to understand what he said.
Your folly.

mazaje:

Luke 6:29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.
this is saying that you should not revenge, go the extra length for peace.

As a preacher of the gospel, it is not advisable to revenge when offended.

did you not know that he ask his disciple to leave once they perceive there will be trouble?

Did that mean you should be a foolish slowpoke that will stand put for some one to be slapping you? No

Did you not read the advice that "befor a fight burst forth take your leave"?
arguing from ignorance again.

mazaje:

This is pure nonsense and is bad. . .Even christians do NOT practice this at all. . .If I come and slap you and try to take your jacket it either you fight back or call the police on me. . .
lol
still your folly since your mind cannot comprehend the message.

Inner jacket is telling you how much you should be ready to go to for the sake of peace.

If you dont make peace with people how then can you be able to go and preach to them later?

If you dont greet people how then can your go to them to preach to them?

Apostle paul said he does all things for the sake of the the goodnews about the christ.

Ofcouse, this are higher frequencies that human that are shortsighted cannot see the rationality and reasons behind them.

Is it not this shortsighted inherent in human rationality that is responsible for actions that has kept this world the way it is?

But Jesus, with his superior knowledge and perfect understanding of human sychology had given his followers rules that will help them live and preach the gospel that no body can ever have excuse not to listen and follow christ, given clear evidence for the judgement/sentence that the listener or non listener will receive as judgment.

To you it is a game/joke.
Sorry.

mazaje:

With regards to divorce, Jesus's advice is plain wrong, why should a divorcee not get married to another person until after his/her divorced spouse dies?

talk for yourself, unless you say that for your lack of self control.
Marriage is meant to last a life time unless adultery he said.

mazaje:

No forgiveness in his ruling. . .Who considers this to be a good thing, divorce is sometimes VERY good and saves people's lives. . .To say that divorce should be done ONLY on the basis of fornication is to not know what you are talking about, what if you are married to an unrepentant criminal and a psychopath that beats you regularly?.
I want to belief you dont know the other laws given to christians.

If someone will not reterliate a slap how can he beat up his wife?

Update yourself with other NT principles so that you dont blunder this much next time.

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive;(fight) but be gentle unto all men, qualify to teach, patiently," (2 Timothy 2:24).
Wife slapping is a serious offence, who have you been talking to?

mazaje:

.Divorce is very good
Lol, i cant believe you said that.^^^
Are atheist like that ^^?
That does not deserved my comment.

mazaje:

in this case, Jesus's declaration here is very bad, many christians do not even abide by it any way because they know its untenable and bad. . .
thats ^^^^ a lie!
I operate on it, who have you been talking ?
*sigh*

mazaje:

Threatening people with hellfire for unbelief?.
Where did you get that from? I dont see that in my bible and not worth you generalising.
Looking for cheap point are you?

mazaje:

. .What the hell is that, so because people do not believe in your stories the best thing is to threaten them with fire and death?.
Death yes, but fire no.
Aside this preaching warning we will all die anyway, so, the new thing there is a short at everlasting life.

You are free to say no to that ^^ also.

mazaje:

again, another wrong short. Did you copy this from somewhere?
Anyway, dont mind me. Jesus was warning that following him will raise hatred even among family members, since some members of the family will object.
He even said that his followers will be killed.
(dont be afraid, he promised to raised you up in the resurrection- John5:28,29)good you asked. Lol.

mazaje:

Matthew 10: 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
same warning like above.

mazaje:

Jesus was warning that following him will raise hatred even among family members,

mazaje:

Who will consider such a person a good person.
i DO, I DO, I DO.
truthislight does.
cool
mazaje:

He asked people to leave their jobs and families to join his little cult group and made them false promises of a second coming
you did not get the whole gist, it was on this condition:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. " (Matthew 24:14).
Just dont miss out. Lol.

mazaje:

Good I say is relative, some of the good thing Jesus stood for are considered as bad by many others. . .
no no no, as you can see, you have alot of too many things WRONG.
You need to try harder, and always remember to ask question.
Peace

lol
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by DeepSight(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
mazaje:

Surely you would not be so literal in your reading as to conclude that Jesus meant these in a literal sense. It rather makes sense to think that he was generally advocating non-violence - which is not a bad thing. Mahatma Ghandi employed the same idea to great effect in his battles against Great Britain's colonialism of India. Had he employed a different concept, doubtless, many lives would needlessly have been lost.

It is a very high-minded teaching to be deployed high-mindedly, and not in the foolish sense that you try to read it.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.. . .

No forgiveness in his ruling. . .Who considers this to be a good thing, divorce is sometimes VERY good and saves people's lives. . .To say that divorce should be done ONLY on the basis of fornication is to not know what you are talking about, what if you are married to an unrepentant criminal and a psychopath that beats you regularly?. .Divorce is very good in this case, Jesus's declaration here is very bad, many christians do not even abide by it any way because they know its untenable and bad. . .

I agree with you here. He was probably influenced by his Jewish background in saying this.

Threatening people with hellfire for unbelief?. . .What the hell is that, so because people do not believe in your stories the best thing is to threaten them with fire and death?. . .Who considers that to be a good thing?. . .Definitely not me. . .

Agreed again.

Now here again you are deliberately reading the text with unnecessary foolishness. These people spoke always in parables and metaphors, even in poetry: and as such you would be a very shallow student to read everything you see in a literal sense. The text above is more likely a reference to judgement and the justice of God.

Who will consider such a person a good person. . .A person that claims to set people against each other. . .Not me. . .

Same thing again. This is a most shallow reading of the text of which you ought to be ashamed of your self mazaje.

I will not elaborate!

He asked people to leave their jobs and families to join his little cult group and made them false promises of a second coming within their lives. This makes him no better than Harold Camping, Wayne Bent or Jim Jones (before the mass "suicide" ) as far as I'm concerned and every bit as dangerously crazy..

Well in doing so he created a movement that changed history in more ways than the actions of any other single man have done. I cannot say that I am competent to comment on the propriety of something that massive in terms of the destiny and history of mankind.

However I agree with you on the aspect of the second coming. Pure fantasy to me.

Without question, correct.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Yawn....basically all you've done is claim that you have made a "debunking" and then declare your opponents contentions as "useless" without even trying to reason through them...Lol, you don't know how much you make me laugh.

This is basically all you've done in a nutshell.

Logicboy: 2+5=52

Uyi/anony: but we don't know addition to work that way. How did you arrive at 52?

Logicboy: That's a useless question

Uyi/anony: okay we'll rephrase it and dumb it down for you, how did you add 2 to 5 to get 52?

I have always maintained that for one to support a lie/delusion, one must tell more lies.

You claimed that my premise was wrong without saying how (2+5 =52). My statement on morality from evolution and logic is backed by evidence. You are the one making unverifiable claims without showing any backing or proof (morality comes from an unprovable, mysterious God).

This is the true discussion;

Logicboy: 2+2 = 4

Uyi/anony: but we don't know addition to work that way. How did you arrive at 4?

Logicboy: Addition works that way. You put 2 in two places and you get four

Uyi/anony: okay, define two! How did humans arrive at the concept of numbers? If you can't then God put numbers in human minds

Uyi/anony: smh[/quote]
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Lmao... Una no go kee me o...
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, this is coming from the guy who is strongly against church merchandizing and "tithe fraud". You of all people should be applauding Him for this.....if you are honest and sincere

Actually Jesus told her the truth that He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel. He then proceeded to give her an analogy to which the woman intelligently responded. (Obviously, the woman did not take it the wrong way like you are doing on her behalf 2000 years later) and guess what?

JESUS HEALED HER DAUGHTER!

You have no case.

I am against tithe fraud not merchandising. Furthermore, I dont believe that tithe frauds should be whipped and their properties destroyed like Jesus did to the church merchants. If they were doing something illegal the church authorities and the police/tax men/authorities should be notified. Apparently, I am far more peaceful and tactful than your failed Messiah.

Secondly, if I could heal a womans daughter, I wouldnt tell her racist things just because she is from a different people and I wont abuse her before healing her daughter.

Your Messiah is a hypocrite
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Seun(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
Mr_Anony: What you have just done is called arguing from silence i.e. "Seun did not say anything about X therefore Seun accepts X" it doesn't follow.
Are you saying that God considers slave-keeping as a sin but that he just never got around to condemning it in any of the 66 books of the bible?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by free2ryhme: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
hope u guys have been relieved from ya madness .. if not yaba left still misses u oooo

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
free2ryhme: hope u guys have been relieved from ya madness .. if not yaba left still misses u oooo
I don't understand.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by kristikat(f): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
those who control any people,
have no real religion,
they are atheists,
worshiping themselves,
for there is no god greater than them,
didn't you know?
so what is this issue about religion dominating west africa?
when those high up in power have no religion whatsoever.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
kristikat: those who control any people,
have no real religion,
they are atheists,
worshiping themselves,
for there is no god greater than them,
didn't you know?
so what is this issue about religion dominating west africa?
when those high up in power have no religion whatsoever.

Denial and delusion
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by kristikat(f): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Seun:
Are you saying that God considers slave-keeping as a sin but that he just never got around to condemning it in any of the 66 books of the bible?

those who keep slaves have no real religion,
this logicboy is clearly confused,
believing that people who love power have some religion they follow,
those high up with all the power don't give a rat's behind what ALLAH OR GOD thinks,
since they see themselves as their own gods,
once upon A TIME,
i was under the same "spell" that those who have all the power and look all "pious"/perfect have religion,
but it is false,
they worship themselves.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by kristikat(f): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Denial and delusion

you are describing yourself,
even though some may look like god fearing individuals,
they truly have no religion nor any god but themselves,
there is a difference between truly believing in some faith,
and simply acting the part.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
kristikat:

you are describing yourself,
even though some may look like god fearing individuals,
they truly have no religion nor any god but themselves,
there is a difference between truly believing in some faith,
and simply acting the part.

Some leaders use religion to control people, some leaders lie that they are religious and some believe that God is telling them to rule people with an iron hand.

Some leaders are religious killers and some are not. Simple
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
Seun:
Did you actually read the whole of my post or did you just quote-mine that bit so as to stretch the argument a bit further?
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:
I am against tithe fraud not merchandising. Furthermore, I dont believe that tithe frauds should be whipped and their properties destroyed like Jesus did to the church merchants. If they were doing something illegal the church authorities and the police/tax men/authorities should be notified. Apparently, I am far more peaceful and tactful than your failed Messiah.
.....conveniently forgetting that Jesus was a Rabbi and He had the authority to chase them out of His father's house.

Secondly, if I could heal a womans daughter, I wouldnt tell her racist things just because she is from a different people and I wont abuse her before healing her daughter.
It is funny how you find racist claims where the "victim" did not find them. All you have done here is criticize Jesus for not living according to logicboy's personal moral standards. Your accusation has no weight.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have always maintained that for one to support a lie/delusion, one must tell more lies.

You claimed that my premise was wrong without saying how (2+5 =52). My statement on morality from evolution and logic is backed by evidence. You are the one making unverifiable claims without showing any backing or proof (morality comes from an unprovable, mysterious God).

This is the true discussion;

Logicboy: 2+2 = 4

Uyi/anony: but we don't know addition to work that way. How did you arrive at 4?

Logicboy: Addition works that way. You put 2 in two places and you get four

Uyi/anony: okay, define two! How did humans arrive at the concept of numbers? If you can't then God put numbers in human minds

SMH
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by MrAnony1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
mazaje:

This can be summarized as "I think it is absurd therefore it is absurd". You haven't shown anything that is morally wrong with it.

Good you brought that up. So is divorce only acceptable in cases of fornication and life-threatening physical abuse?

I don't think it is a threat to a drowning man when you say to him "If you don't get into this life boat you will die"

As usual you had to cap it up by quoting Christ out of context in order to make a failed point. Every Christian knows that following Christ and doing good like Him will automatically bring one at loggerheads with the world. Isn't it interesting how the verse you are quoting comes right after His command to the disciples to go out preach the gospel and heal the sick. Then he tells them not to be afraid of persecutions and not to fear for their lives? Of course you missed all that in your dishonesty.

Lol, essentially what you've just said here is that "Good" isn't real but it depends only on what a person chooses to see as good. You have successfully cut of the branch you were sitting on because now we can also say that all you have uttered is merely your subjective opinion of what good is and therefore you really have no case.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Mr_Anony:
.....conveniently forgetting that Jesus was a Rabbi and He had the authority to chase them out of His father's house.

It is funny how you find racist claims where the "victim" did not find them. All you have done here is criticize Jesus for not living according to logicboy's personal moral standards. Your accusation has no weight.

Jesus was not a rabbi, no one ordained him and he did not conform to the Jewish teachings put before him You are a liar and a remixer of the bible.
Jesus did not build that church/temple or synagogue neither was he an employed worker in that church. He had no authority to destroy property or chase people with a whip. Even if Jesus had the authority, he misused it. Selling of ice cream within church premises was banned in my church without violence. Simple church wardens warned the traders that they will face harsh treatment if they dont move

So because a victim is desperate and doesnt shout "racism" the racism doesnt exist? Also, thanks for admitting that I have a higher moral standard than your Messiah

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / Ghanaian Pastors Are Proving Worse Than Nigeria’s / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.