Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers (16136 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / How I Dealt With A Female Gold Digger.........(PHOTOS) / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2012
anitank:
Yes sire! Note taken

Okay my Lady....smiley
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
@Dmcdad... Point taken. Thanks

You welcome. Anytime...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Suprises: 10:25am On Dec 31, 2012
@Op
If spending real money on a sexy gal like u is labelled gold digging then i wil endorse it.Mehn...U luk so pretty,i wil be in brisbane in 3weeks time,wil like to see u then
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by spurlge(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=Goldieluks][/quote]

most of the rich folks would die a virgin if they stick to this plan #justsaying. undecided undecided undecided
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by usermane(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2012
dmcdad:

We guys Now you are generalizing because it's what you do... I can NEVER do that no matter what. Anyone that is not willing to accept me the way I am, should board the next available flight to HELL... Gosh!!!
You see thats is where u r mistaken @dmdcad. I wasn't generalising but i said 'a lot of men' and of course u can bear witness to that. 'A lot' does'nt mean 'all' but a high percentage, >90% in this case.
Also when i mentioned 'we men are too superficial', i wasn't generalising. Believe me, a lot of guys would overlook good character/manners for beauty but will not overlook beauty for good character/manner however @usermane is not that type of guy.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by bukatyne(f): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2012
D sage: @op, since you're not a male, you cannot know how the men feel when they meet a lady they really love especially beautiful one. It's natural my dear.

Men are not to be blame but those women that often demanded materials things with the aim of paying back by sex.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by opetiti: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2012
Ur gf meets an already made man,u call her a gold digger bt ur sista meets an already made man u say it's a favour frm God. Hummmmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2012
Suprises: @Op
If spending real money on a sexy gal like u is labelled gold digging then i wil endorse it.Mehn...U luk so pretty,i wil be in brisbane in 3weeks time,wil like to see u then

Thank u for the compliment. You can keep ur money. Wld u be in Brisbane? I'm
in Syd. But will be great to catch up if u are around. PM me.
Why Brisbane city? What are u there for?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by mexzony: 11:06am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
Gold digging occurs in every country including western nations. However, it seems like Nigerians have taking it to the EXTREME. For the sake of the post i would focus on Nigeria and my observation.

From my observation from Nollywood movies (shocked? yes...i watch them lol), nairaland and the few Nigerians I know who live there, gold digging is an epidemic in Nigeria, particularly among women (young women to be precise). I notice that on all the threads that i have read to do with relationship on NL gold digging is mentioned. Some men vent their anger and despise of the act and some even go as far as insulting women because they have been hurt and taking advantage of. I must point out that MEN are to be blamed for the increasing rate of female gold diggers in Nigeria. So men, before you insult your ex girlfriend, fiancée, wife or the lady you currently have your eyes set upon but cannot afford, turn to your male friend and blame him for the situation. There are a few reasons why I say its men’s fault. Please read carefully.

1. Men give it free . Why would a girl bother when she can get it free Don’t get me wrong, give her gifts because you want to NOT because she asks. If doesn’t have the money, encourage her to get a job, pay half or make a deal with her of some sort (work out a way for her to pay you back with money NOT sex. You should only pay p.rostitutes for s.ex (unless she is one). Buying her whatever she wants doesn’t help her develop.

2. The meaning of love can be redefined based on experience and familiarity. If the last 3 men your girlfriend had dated or the last 20 men that have chased her have given her material things to show their love for her... she begins to identify materialism and gifts as love, which is why she may expect the same from you if you love her.

3. Men pay to keep. As long a man continues to buy a woman what she want and give her money to keep her, she will continue to expect it and more. She is threatening you, let her go or get her help.

4. Men like to show off. According to Foxnews, “Men would buy a Porsche because they believe it makes them more attractive to women “. Men who use their money to attract women are telling women that they have plenty more where that come from and would be happy to spend it on them. This can be compared to a lady who dresses like a w.hore and flaunts herself to man. She is saying “im available for s.ex”. She’s advertising her body, his advertising his money

Men, please stop blaming the women and start blaming men for female gold diggers. If they are no males giving ther would be no females expecting. Remember: it all started with one man, and the girl did what most girls would do and spread the word. smiley. If it started with a man giving it can end with a man not giving.

To be honest as a guy myself you make some pretty good points and am impressed by your observations because they have some truth in them.Good work.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Suprises: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Thank u for the compliment. You can keep ur money. Wld u be in Brisbane? I'm
in Syd. But will be great to catch up if u are around. PM me.
kk...I wil do dat
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by warrior101: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2012
tny60: to me this is just a symptom of guys reaching above their level.

if an ugly or old man want to date a beautiful or young woman, he has no chance naturally because they are on different levels. the beautifully young woman is not naturally attracted to such an old or ugly man. but when money comes into the equation, it levels the playing field so that the beautiful woman agrees to date the ugly man. money in this case is used as a bribe to woo the lady who wouldn't otherwise be interested.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this. In fact, there is a positive in it because it encourages men to work hard. ie. work hard, make money, and you will get the woman of your dreams. type thing. but why the woman is being abused and portrayed as a gold-digger is beyond me.

so the point is:
society is so sexist that we have abuses and derogatory words for women. But no such word exists for a guy.
we have a word for prostitute but no word for a guy that patronizes a prostitute.
we have a name for a gold-digger but where is the word for a guy that's chasing after an arm-candy rather than find true love or date on his level?

a rich man is to a woman what a beautiful woman is to a man. end of story.

Sometimes i wonder about these people called women... Always want to eat their cakes and have them back.

We have equal rights. We need to see more women charming guys with candy,flowers,and fanciful stuffs to get in their pants too.. (Men are human beings too just like women and we think alike believe me).

But NO. Women will never do that because they enjoy the attention and the benefit they get from it all. I am not saying it's not good but it's double standard and we know it. There is no need denying it. We are ready to take care of you people, but cut the BS.

The prove that women are gold diggers is:-

1. When they are dating a rich guy, they use him to climb to a certain stage and then dump him for a richer guy.
2. It is rare for a working class lady to date a poor guy. (Unless she is out of date. LOL and even at that she still tries to belong)

Q. why are they always in need of a rich guy no matter their status?

The only time you see a hard working woman is after child(ren) birth(shakara don end) and the man is not responsible...

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
You see thats is where u r mistaken @dmdcad. I wasn't generalising but i said 'a lot of men' and of course u can bear witness to that. 'A lot' does'nt mean 'all' but a high percentage, >90% in this case.
Also when i mentioned 'we men are too superficial', i wasn't generalising. Believe me, a lot of guys would overlook good character/manners for beauty but will not overlook beauty for good character/manner however @usermane is not that type of guy.

Well, when you used the phrase "we men", I did conclude that you were talking about men in general (which means all men), but since you meant something different, that's okay...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by kaboninc(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2012
opetiti: Ur gf meets an already made man,u call her a gold digger bt ur sista meets an already made man u say it's a favour frm God. Hummmmmmmm

Yes oh. God's favour indeed.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
warrior101:
2. It is rare for a working class lady to date a poor guy. (Unless she is out of date. LOL and even at that she still tries to belong)

+1000000000000000000000000...so on point
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by mystiqueem(f): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
Gold Diggers She be miner? Lol!

On a serious note: lets cast our minds back to the past when women only love for LOVE.
1. She suffers through hardship with him
2. Prays and fast daily for God Almighty to help him find his feet.
3. Sometimes do unmentionable things 'so he can eat, cloth and have transport fare for occasional running around'
4. Gets beaten by him but takes it as frustration
5. Even rebukes her family for telling her to move on and so on

When he lands a contract or a good paying job [probably thru her connections]. How does she get repaid?

She's treated with disrespect and cast aside... replaced with a fresh, younger looking babe!

Truth is guys don't like to be reminded of their past failures...
So they leave the ones that knows the truth about their wealth and
Pick new people that worships them because of it!

Ladies learned from her ancestress mistakes and swore NEVER AGAIN!
.... that's what guys call GOLD DIGGING _ Today! grin

[size=16pt]MEN ARE TO BLAME![/size]
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by warrior101: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
@mystiqueem ~ for your mind grin

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by usermane(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
mystiqueem: Gold Diggers She be miner? Lol!

On a serious note: lets cast our minds back to the past when women only love for LOVE.
3. Sometimes do unmentionable things 'so he can eat, cloth and have transport fare for occasional running around'

When he lands a contract or a good paying job [probably thru her connections]. How does she get repaid?

She's treated with disrespect and cast aside... replaced with a fresh, younger looking babe!

I agree with your points 'some' men are at fault but how can you condone gold digging cos the men caused it thereby condemning love for love as a result. Forgive and forget how your ancestress were treated in the past, all men aren't the same.
There is no such thing as free lunch, gold diggers eventually learn this,only that its no use crying over spilt milk.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
D sage: @op, since you're not a male, you cannot know how the men feel when they meet a lady they really love especially beautiful one. It's natural my dear.

Men are not to be blame but those women that often demanded materials things with the aim of paying back by sex.

Can't you just learn from the poster

Do you want her to interprete herself in your dialect ?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by todasensual: 2:14am On Jan 01, 2013
huni_naija:

Hehehe that one too dey? See me thinking it was platinum university of diamonds academy all this while grin grin tongue
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

quite true indeed
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 01, 2013
by thinking carefully of this topic and judging from the comments posted on this thread, i cannot but agree with the op. However, to solve the issue at hand, we must tackle it from the root cause.

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 01, 2013
if u ask a girl out humbly,i.e with d right manner of approach,she would love u in person nd not ur money. Besides, 1st impression matters.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 01, 2013
by d time most guys adopt this means of asking girls out. Girls(gold diggers) would see no extravagant guy to milk, and so would settle for the cool guys with a reserved manner of approach
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 01, 2013
acidosis said parental upbringin matters alot.But if a girl was brought up by gld diggers, by d time guys don wise.She go sabi say water don pass garri.even d family members would urge her to marry a cool guy.will she remain a spinster for life?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 3:52am On Jan 01, 2013
whoever may b d cause but we men are d solution.Most times we always are.So let's go out there in a large number nd put to end.by d time dem go dey frustrated. dey will settle for us. dey cnt b spinsters 4life na.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by drexx(m): 5:32am On Jan 01, 2013
I pray make them see my own gold dig o. Instead I rather mine them. 2 weeks ago, the girl am running show with (cos I don't date such girls) told me am stingy. I called her last week and she said I should buy her a christmas gift. I asked her what she wanted. She fuckingly opened her mouth and told me to buy her a phone. Nokia E5 for that matter. U knw the most funny part she said she is not ready for sex now. Mke i cme invest 25k for nothing. Let her wait for phone.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by hunkydory(m): 11:00am On Jan 01, 2013
It's neither the fault of the men nor is it that of the women.It's just a natural phenomenon.You see,sex and money are two of the most powerful forces on earth.Both of them are very sweet and almost impossible to resist.So a beautiful woman can get most men by sex,just as a rich man can get most women with his money.Kingdoms have crumbled because of a women,best of friends have become great enemies because of a women,some women have taken presidential decisions for a country even without being in any political office.Why are women so powerful and can do all these and more even without having or spending a dime?The answer is not farfetched...it is because of the sweet honey pot inbetween there legs.Sometimes,there are things a man can not achieve even with his money but when you send a woman,she will come back with success and it will be like a miracle.

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by pleep(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
mystiqueem: Gold Diggers She be miner? Lol!

You don't even know what your talking about... Don't kid yourselves that our ancestors married for "love," people didn't even think like that until very recently. Marriage has always been very transactional. Women look for resources, men look for someone who is attractive and fertile. The only difference is back when everyone was poor there was no gold to be dug, and so these animal instincts were kept in check. Now that there are big wealth disparities in society it is possible for women to get money from men far richer than them. This is how 'gold digging' came about.

So don't kid yourself that what ur doing is logical or planned out, you are just letting your animal instincts run wild. But i agree this is mainly the dudes fault, guys imagine if girls were having sex willy-nilly then coming on Nairaland to complain that dudes only want them for sex. Wouldn't you think they were s.tupid?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by pleep(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Dudes don't even bother to get laid anymore. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SsEAq4-p2w
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 02, 2013
Pleep, I'm highly disappointed in you... You're meant to be our most potent anti-feminism foot soldier on the forum, however, you've sold out to become a flip-flopper!!

If men are to be blamed for female gold diggers, perhaps they're also to be blamed for female prostitution then because the two lifestyles are interchangeable...

I've got absolutely no problem whatsoever with female gold diggers as long as they can reciprocate the value of the "gold" they're digging from me/people(my mum never raised no fool)... However, I can't stand the blame game - women need to start taking responsibilities for their own actions!!

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 1:18am On Jan 02, 2013
shymexx: Pleep, I'm highly disappointed in you... You're meant to be our most potent anti-feminism foot soldier on the forum, however, you've sold out to become a flip-flopper!!

If men are to be blamed for female gold diggers, perhaps they're also to be blamed for female prostitution then because the two lifestyles are interchangeable...

I've got absolutely no problem whatsoever with female gold diggers as long as they can reciprocate the value of the "gold" they're digging from me/people(my mum never raised no fool)... However, I can't stand the blame game - women need to start taking responsibilities for their own actions!!

@bolded... you make sense finish... ignore the people that are talking trash
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by pleep(m): 1:41am On Jan 02, 2013
haha im not flip-flopping, im trying to defend the truth on every issue. The reason i am anti-feminist is because its Bs and lies, not because it fits my agenda. If you are not unbaised on everything, everything you say is suspect...

About this gold digging thing, like most of these issues it is primarily mens fault. Women will generally do w/e they can get away with and if men dont keep them in check the situation will get out of hand. That is how feminism, gold digging etc, came to be such a problem. The desire for physical resources is a instinctual drive for females and when men are throwing money around you cant really be surprised when women use these dumbasses. I just saw a topic on here with a dude asking how much money to give his Gf after a date. shocked

There is a serious lack of intelligence among men, (especially black men) when it comes to women and that is how this gold digging thing got so bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

90% Of Nigerians Girls Have Weak Pusssies / Have You Experience This Before (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji Says She Will Not Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.