Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (24662 Views)

Nigeria Currently Under Watch By Human Right Watch. See Confirmation, Pic / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Babalegba(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
As somebody pointed out earlier in the thread, Nigerians are sub creatures who deserve no respect and cannot really understand what respect is as I believe the parameters they use is corrupt. However I believe the late Tunde Idiagbon is worthy of respect although sub creatures are unlikely to get the point.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by searay(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
GEJ
Running out very very fast to avoid stones
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
I give this to Obasanjo, dat guy is intelligent, corrupt, confident and gangsta....he is the boss, no doubt!

On a more serious note do the man in question refer to both genders?? If not, why not?? hahahahaha @ my English angry

Wole Soyinka, should be though
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Tolexander: 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Just because he spoke the truth about your psychopatic hero does not change his nobilty.Truth hurts but it is not sinful.
about 0.0000000001 microsecond ago i checked my dictionaries(oxford advanced learner, longman, britannica, encarta), i didn't see where FICTION is said to be the same thing as TRUTH or FACT!
@topic! Prophet T.B Joshua cos no one wanna stand his 'doomy' predictions.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by nitusa: 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Omen100: space taken. wink wink wink

occupied for fun look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W414uuueFAY
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^^is that u?? I don die! grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
PalmTree:

O really! Achebe is more internationally recognized than a Nobel prize winner? shocked shocked shocked

^^^YES!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Soskid(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West
or betterstil d whole of igbo race... Shameless thing

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you referring to the Achebe that was newly inducted into Nairaland Hall of Shame ?

What the hell is Nairaland? Nairaland is inconsequential in the scheme of things
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by tomakint: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
If I am to pick just one then Prof Wole Soyinka is it! He is by far the most under-rated Nigerian alive! Right from the Civil war time till date he has always stand for something - Injustice against the Oppressed! He is not into controversies and a lover of mankind! He will always have my vote anytime, anyday!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
Soyinka is a cultist

Emeka Anayaoku is the most respected man in Nigeria today. Fortunately, his wife is Yoruba so they cannot tribalize his fame. They are stuck with him wink wink wink wink
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by slimfit1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
zikclassiq: tru. Bt i dnt knw who to tink of except shehu shagari. He is never mixed in nigerian politics. He behaves too dignified. Bt i stil dnt give it 2 him.

Yah because he is one of the reasons why we are where we are good to see he doesn't come out of is cave because of shame.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PrinceJoe1(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
So sad, we lack roll models in this country
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Lobolintin(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
I was at d wedng live,even at d trado,d huby,comisioner nwosu nah my man.. D mst respectd nah Monk Ellobos Of Orlu...
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by kolexy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

Who are these people? Even Aunty Dora!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by preciousoz: 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
Na Obasanjo oooo

Make una forget beef or anything.... Dat Guy get swag and God don bless am finish.

(His antics are bad though) but He's the most respected Man living in Nigeria.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by kolexy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Engineer96: @OP
your post is misleading.
In different fields, different Nigerians are well respected.
In business, Aliko Dangote, Otunba Mike Adenuga etc,
in politics, undoutedly, Obj- like him or not, Raji Fashola; NOI,
in social critic, there are Senior Advocate of the People ( Femi Falana),Pat Utomi, Tunde Bakare and co, in academics, Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka etc, in religion, you see Jonathan kneelling before Adeboye and most northerners honouring the sultan as if he is the God and so on.
In these fields, different people have different respects for different people. E.g, in politic, Obj takes the lead while in entreprenurialship, Aliko Dangote takes the lead. So, in politics, Dangote bows before OBJ while in business Obj honour Dangote.
In academics, Obj cannot stand Chinua Achebe in terms of honour and that can be viewed, partly, why he turned Obj's national honours down. Do u know that most VCs, if not all, honours Wole Soyinka and Achebe much more than they respect any poltician and even business icon like Dangote?
In essence, it all depend on which area you are looking at.

Chinua Achebe authored a Classic novel, but I don't think he is a renowned Academic.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Tolexander: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
adejoro75:

What the hell is Nairaland? Nairaland is inconsequential in the scheme of things
nairaland is a microcosm of nigeria.
Though inconsequential in the scheme of things but can still be looked upon as the voice of nigerians.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
Tolexander: nairaland is a microcosm of nigeria.
Though inconsequential in the scheme of things but can still be looked upon as the voice of nigerians.

An anonymous voice is no voice. Real Nigerians are real people, not faceless cyber pundits. Until all of us are able to write with our real names, Nairaland remains an underdog, a nondescript entity.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by pastormustwacc: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
searay: GEJ
Running out very very fast to avoid stones
Someone should get that nigger, we need to roast you alive.

The man is Shehu Shagari because when Shagari was president, 1 naira = 1 dollar fifty cent, and that was the golden era of Nigeria.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Pastor Adeboye, Pastor TB Joshua and Bishop Oyedepo. Hmn
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Amazondepth(m): 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
Hate him or luv him,d man OBJ stands out like a collosus d world over.he has d biggest stature and commands d most respect even amongs leaders worldwide.no nigerian dead or alive compares to dis man.God don bless am abeg!dat he is corrupt is anoda matter,dat he isn't accepted amongst his kinsmen is yet anoda but u can't take it away from dis man dat he remains d most honoured and respected,for even amongst thieves there is honour!he's d bawz!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by nagoma(m): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex EkwuemeDr EzekwesiriTDora AkunyiliAlh DangoteySolomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechu UkiwePepper Clarke
Pat UtomiTam David West

An e extremely biased list . I think only 2 persons in that list are true sons of the whole of Nigeria and Who place Nigeria above personal and sectional interest in that list and I respect them enormously. They are Chief Emeka Anyouku and Prof. Tam David West.
Okojo Iweala ,and Chinua Achebe could have been considered at one time but their buble is bursted and we know better.Wole Soyinka the Goless cultist or okonjo Iweala the western puppet, would win if America was doing the selection for us. Dangote may have some national interest but his money empire comes first.the others are just not qualified for the contest.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by mkoabiola: 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
Farouk lawan
Bode george
Otedola
Charli boy
Terry G
Denrele
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PalmTree(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^YES!

...and how did you reach that conclusion? You have any stats... let's know about it. undecided
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by 2gbasky22(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ar u guy 4geting pastor E.A ADEBOYE?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PalmTree(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
adejoro75: Soyinka is a cultist

Emeka Anayaoku is the most respected man in Nigeria today. Fortunately, his wife is Yoruba so they cannot tribalize his fame. They are stuck with him wink wink wink wink

Young man, You have been misinformed! and its so sad cry cry. What you call a cult group was created solely to promote human right activism. Agreed, over the years it has turned into an avenue through which hoodlums and thugs propagate vices,and this happened long after soyinka graduated. Now you tell me, how is this soyinka's fault? Comprende?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by IdeaIsNeed: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dora Akunyili. Am assuming "man" stands for both sexes
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by timilehin007(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Who respects obj internationally,part from international rogues like him?i.e.the UN.No sane human being knows him.
. Even Obama too said it somehow lately that oBj is ᵀᴴᴱ most recognise andmost decorated man in Nigeria...
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by NOIBMUUL(m): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nuzo1(m): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by surveycash(m): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West
for your mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$150billion Stolen From Nigeria In The Past Decade -buhari Tells Obama / Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / #budgetofcorruption Trending On Twitter (Nigerians Reacts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.