Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (24670 Views)

Nigeria Currently Under Watch By Human Right Watch. See Confirmation, Pic / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Denlightened(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Professor Chinua Achebe;anytime any day

11 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Chiemekaorizu(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Amadioha
Sango
Bokoharam

Signed»»boko

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by bigfat: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=20pt]my PASTOR is The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria .[/size]
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by achi4u(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
chuba okadigbo
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by solhenawo: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pastor w f kumuyi

4 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by hakwise(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
To M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ for those who care to listen its BABATUDE RAJI FASHOLA SAN ....for his giant strides in lagos ...cause lasgidi is just a reflection of Nigeria with every ethnic group well represented.....
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by pappy2000: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
fkaz: When it comes to politics i still give it obasanjo,
Interms of business, i respect Aliko Dangote,

When it comes to humman rigth activist, call dino malaiye for now.
And when it come to celeb, .... 2BABA 4life

Shiekena
U chop winch Dino Melaye an activist, my foot, I never knew you are this gullible, Dino is a thief he lost out in the pdp power play now he want to enter through activism

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by DonaldGenes(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
Obj nah
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Igwe9(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
Me thinks if Achebe wasn't respected by all and sundry, nobody would have taken his book serious.

And if Mr. Gej should call any of us for an appointment or simple diner, the person would forget that a word like re*tarded ever existed.
So, to me, I think is the President. You don't have an option there, you are bound to respect him, directly or indirectly.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Trottle: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

an average nigerian cannot identify 60% of the people u listed so we cannot know maybe they are all respected or not:/

7 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by tpapi: 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
Papa adegboye

3 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by danny301: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
DANGOTE.........................................
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Engineer96(m): 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
@OP
your post is misleading.
In different fields, different Nigerians are well respected.
In business, Aliko Dangote, Otunba Mike Adenuga etc,
in politics, undoutedly, Obj- like him or not, Raji Fashola; NOI,
in social critic, there are Senior Advocate of the People ( Femi Falana),Pat Utomi, Tunde Bakare and co, in academics, Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka etc, in religion, you see Jonathan kneelling before Adeboye and most northerners honouring the sultan as if he is the God and so on.
In these fields, different people have different respects for different people. E.g, in politic, Obj takes the lead while in entreprenurialship, Aliko Dangote takes the lead. So, in politics, Dangote bows before OBJ while in business Obj honour Dangote.
In academics, Obj cannot stand Chinua Achebe in terms of honour and that can be viewed, partly, why he turned Obj's national honours down. Do u know that most VCs, if not all, honours Wole Soyinka and Achebe much more than they respect any poltician and even business icon like Dangote?
In essence, it all depend on which area you are looking at.

15 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by fkaz(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
pappy2000:
U chop winch Dino Melaye an activist, my foot, I never knew you are this gullible, Dino is a thief he lost out in the pdp power play now he want to enter through activism
But tell me one activist u knw for now?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
cockyjay: lol gone are the days achebe and respect go together. Wake up. We yorubas no longer respect him. We dnt respect bigots and liars

He probably turn out to be what you guys are in your eyes,very disgusting bigots.Just because he pointed out your nature for you.

You dont like it,ehh?then change.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by aglomar: 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Would have been Ojukwu if he was alive but now Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by theripper: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
achi4u: correct guygringrin
U sure say dat oduduwa no be witch?grin

No loud am o, I hear se na fallen angel, all dis ones wey Baba God troway wit Devil after their rebellion. No tell anybody o.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by AnodaIT(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
Wole Soyinka
If you know the meaning of the words ' respected and honoured '
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by noblejazz(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Farouk Lawan is d most hönourable man while Femi Otedola is the most respected.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Alxmyr(m): 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
The more you love to hate Obj, the more you fall in love with him.
The man is in the class of his own.
You can imagine that his "gangman style" dance became No 1 most viewed video on Channels TV website.
Everything he touches, does not remain the same again.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by lakemoyoh: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
Babatunde raji! our president is even recommending lagos state gov.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
Anyway i don,t really comment om such things.first we still hv a lot of problem to be solve than looling for the most respecteda. For the fact that BABA FELA is dead i give it to prof Wole Soyinka.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
cockyjay: lol gone are the days achebe and respect go together. Wake up. We yorubas no longer respect him. We dnt respect bigots and liars

^^^To each his own.....we have to make allowances for ethnic bigots of your kind, so carry go abeg.

On topic: i'd say nationally is Soyinka, and internationally is Achebe; personally, there's little to seperate the two.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Alxmyr(m): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
fkaz:
But tell me one activist u knw for now?

Dr. Joe Odumakin
Pastor Tunde Bakare
Festus Keyamo
me
etc etc
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by shyna501: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
Bode George!!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Boss13: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
We might not like him but I think Obasanjo is the most respected man in Nigeria, globally and nationally. You might hate him but there is this respect he commands.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by kessyur: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
I kind of love this thread. As for I can't single out any one for this revered position. However, personalities like

BUHARI
OBJ
PROF WOLE
CHIEF EMEKA ANYOAKA
Will have it.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pastor E.A Adeboye tops them all. Even forbes acknowledges that.
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by jmaine: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Swagalicious OBJ[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Tinubu In Court Over Corruption Charges (Throwback Picture) / Petroleum Institute Finally Completes Its Modular Refinery, Ready To Compete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.