Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (24661 Views)

Nigeria Currently Under Watch By Human Right Watch. See Confirmation, Pic / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
PalmTree:

...and how did you reach that conclusion? You have any stats... lets know about it. undecided

^^^What 'stats' do you want?.....data gathered from worldwide studies that show Achebe is 'more internationally recognised than a nobel prize winner' as you put it?; are those the stats you want me to show you?

Others have given their 'subjective' opinion on who they feel is most respected and honoured in Nigeria....you didn't ask them for 'stats', and just b'cos i say Achebe is my pick internationally, you go and get your knickers in a twist and demand for 'stats'.

It's my opinion, and i don't have to convince you about it.....which going by the hatred some of you have for the man Achebe, would be an impossible task; so let's agree to disagree and move on.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 06, 2013
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

Kai. Pity a nation without true HEROS
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by timilehin007(m): 12:03am On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^^is that u?? I don die! grin grin grin grin grin tongue
. Yes its me jare honey, I have been looking for you all my life.. cheesy
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2013
PalmTree:

Young man, You have been misinformed! and its so sad cry cry. What you call a cult group was created solely to promote human right activism. Agreed, over the years it has turned into an avenue through which hoodlums and thugs propagate vices,and this happened long after soyinka graduated. Now you tell me, how is this soyinka's fault? Comprende?

Old man, you are ignorant. The first armed robber in Nigeria did so out of hunger. Then others came who were not poor but wanted other people's property out of greed. They learned from the first robber. Got the analogy?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nuzo1(m): 12:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Once again, Nigerians have started lying to themselves.

Given our hatred for people from other ethnic group, it doesn't make sense to single out an individual as the most respected and honoured man in Nigeria.

On a personal/neighbour relations (until recently), most Nigerians adore, respect and honour whomever is due irrespective of their religious and ethnic affliations. But on the community, state and national levels; its a differet ball game. They turn to the worst bitter bigoted bstards history has ever recorded.

A Yoruba man cannot respect Achebe more than he respects and honours Soyinka or Tinubu.
An Housa man cannot honour Soyinka more than how he honours Buhari.
An Igbo man cannot respect Buhari or Danjuma more than he respects Achebe, Anyaoku or Ekwueme.

That's how it works in Nigeria. Every other thing is eye service.

Lastly and for the records, Obj is the most feared, not necessarily respected or honoured. Except of course fear and respect means the same thing.

"Better to be feared than loved. Fear you can control, love...you can't"
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by timilehin007(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2013
jerseyboy:

Kai. Pity a nation without true HEROS
. D
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 12:08am On Jan 06, 2013
timilehin007: . You forget to put ur papa name..no any significant or notable person frm that as ever been respected and given regard as Obasanjo, Awolowo even all the Igboz u listed above are as far as am concern same class with Tinubu.. grin

Who respects Awo except Yorubas? Are you okay?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Stallione(m): 12:09am On Jan 06, 2013
I tink it is david mark,president of the senate,he i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ the only man dat has stayed as senate president for eight years witout hitches,he holds the national assembly firmly,all respects his opinion on television,°=-?..нмм..=-?°
<8-|
)(>
_/ \_
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Worldlife: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2013
Respect beginning at home first, Baba iyabo has no honour at home. I rest my case
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by topsy1971: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2013
Three people came to my mind. Unfortunately one of them is late.
1.Gani Fawehinmi
2.Wole Soyinka
3.Col Umar.
Well since the thread requested for a living person, I vote Wole Soyinka.Col Umar remains my alternate choice anyday.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PalmTree(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^What 'stats' do you want?.....data gathered from worldwide studies that show Achebe is 'more internationally recognised than a nobel prize winner' as you put it?; are those the stats you want me to show you?

Others have given their 'subjective' opinion on who they feel is most respected and honoured in Nigeria....you didn't ask them for 'stats', and just b'cos i say Achebe is my pick internationally, you go and get your knickers in a twist and demand for 'stats'.

It's my opinion, and i don't have to convince you about it.....which going by the hatred some of you have for the man Achebe, would be an impossible task; so let's agree to disagree and move on.

Very funny, 'cos I don't see how my posts suggest any of your claims. Your opinion is just suprising, thats all. Ciao!
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by timilehin007(m): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2013
Most of you comments are so sentimental..
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PalmTree(m): 12:22am On Jan 06, 2013
adejoro75:

Old man, you are ignorant. The first armed robber in Nigeria did so out of hunger. Then others came who were not poor but wanted other people's property out of greed. They learned from the first robber. Got the analogy?

Do you seriously think that your analogy relates to my previous post? This same Soyinka started the FRSC (special marshal)to assist the main corps, however due to certain circumstances he is no longer involved. Now if the present members undermine the intergrity of the corps, in your own candid opinion, is it Soyinka's fault?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Bryancrox(m): 12:30am On Jan 06, 2013
CHIEF JAMES ONANEFE IBORI
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 06, 2013
adejoro75: Soyinka is a cultist

Emeka Anayaoku is the most respected man in Nigeria today. Fortunately, his wife is Yoruba so they cannot tribalize his fame. They are stuck with him wink wink wink wink
That means he must have been fed with plenty amala, ewedu and oily soup tongue hence, he's now one of us.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 06, 2013
2gbasky22: Ar u guy 4geting pastor E.A ADEBOYE?
So you think real muslims respect adeboye or what he stands for? Nigeria is bigger than the SW region bro.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2013
timilehin007:
Omo ale ni ee..ur papa sick
don't get it twisted, adejoro is an igbo tribalist on Nairaland. He has just returned from leave of absence.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by hollypagan: 1:37am On Jan 06, 2013
Its me holly-pagan
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 1:44am On Jan 06, 2013
PalmTree:

Do you seriously think that your analogy relates to my previous post? This same Soyinka started the FRSC (special marshal)to assist the main corps, however due to certain circumstances he is no longer involved. Now if the present members undermine the intergrity of the corps, in your own candid opinion, is it Soyinka's fault?

And he was fired from FRSC for fraud.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:49am On Jan 06, 2013
my father
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 06, 2013
The most respected Nigerian alive is Wole Soyinka. He is presently our only Nobel laureate. Chinua Achebe would have shared the same status if he had not stirred controversy by accusing Awolowo of genocide without admitting his own contribution to the starvation of poor and innocent Igbos used as cannon folders to obtain international sympathy.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 1:59am On Jan 06, 2013
percipi1: The most respected Nigerian alive is Wole Soyinka. He is presently our only Nobel laureate. Chinua Achebe would have shared the same status if he had not stirred controversy by accusing Awolowo of genocide without admitting his own contribution to the starvation of poor and innocent Igbos used as cannon folders to obtain international sympathy.

Igbos respect Achebe, Yorubas respect Soyinka. There it ends.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by free13: 2:00am On Jan 06, 2013
percipi1: The most respected Nigerian alive is Wole Soyinka. He is presently our only Nobel laureate. Chinua Achebe would have shared the same status if he had not stirred controversy by accusing Awolowo of genocide without admitting his own contribution to the starvation of poor and innocent Igbos used as cannon folders to obtain international sympathy.

But Awo carried out genocide, that is a fact.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by samkoro: 2:01am On Jan 06, 2013
adejoro75:

Who respects Awo except Yorubas? Are you okay?

Respecters of a dead murderer.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Tolexander: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2013
adejoro75:

An anonymous voice is no voice. Real Nigerians are real people, not faceless cyber pundits. Until all of us are able to write with our real names, Nairaland remains an underdog, a nondescript entity.
aren't you real even with your monicker?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by bigsheg(m): 2:17am On Jan 06, 2013
redsun:

Just because he spoke the truth about your psychopatic hero does not change his nobilty.Truth hurts but it is not sinful.
"truth" indeed...who gave u d eyes to know d what is true or not?go siddon smwhere dis homosapien.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 2:24am On Jan 06, 2013
Tolexander: aren't you real even with your monicker?
WTF? Now who is ''Tolexander''? Who knows you except you? You are fake (unreal) until you make yourself known.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 2:26am On Jan 06, 2013
bigsheg: "truth" indeed...who gave u d eyes to know d what is true or not?go siddon smwhere dis homosapien.
One man's lie is another man's truth. As far Nigeria is concerned Awo was a killer. Yorubas can continue to twist and turn.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 06, 2013
free13:

But Awo carried out genocide, that is a fact.

To establish that someone has committed a crime(Genocide)you will need to tell us the definition of that crime(with reference to the laws on genocide) and then tell us how the person's act constitute the crime described.

As far as the crime of genocide is concerned, Awolowo was not guilty of Achebe's accusation. if you felt otherwise, I will be glad to hear your view base solely on facts and law.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 06, 2013
adejoro75:
One man's lie is another man's truth. As far Nigeria is concerned Awo was a killer. Yorubas can continue to twist and turn.

You said Awolowo was a killer, Could you tell us who he killed. I will assume that you understand the English word "Kill"
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by adejoro75: 2:31am On Jan 06, 2013
percipi1:

You said Awolowo was a killer, Could you tell us who he killed. I will assume that you understand the English word "Kill"

Go and read Achebe's book. That is the only acceptable ''bible'' of the Awo killing machine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Steven Orosanye For Pension Fraud / #budgetofcorruption Trending On Twitter (Nigerians Reacts) / Buhari’s Loyalists Plan To Drown Fayemi’s 2023 Ambition After Sinking Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.