Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,820 members, 7,828,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Irrationality Of Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irrationality Of Atheism (8975 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

You see where you fall flat in logical reasoning? ADVERT = Evangelism shocked shocked shocked I used to think you're smart... grin

Gaddem!

That was the point of my argument. Advocacy of something does not equal evangelism.

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
JeSoul: @Enigma, I rescind my last comment to you on that thread...there are not many at all. I tried and failed while attempting to count...

@uncle Kunle, happy new year sir.

@topic, I have no issues with atheism - to each his own. What is truly humorous and regrettable is the air of arrogance many carry themselves around with. What is truly sad - is that many of them think & declare themselves better than others. Few things invoke distaste as people who 'look down' on others for whatever reason.

Now this behavior is not unqiue to atheism alone - many of religious inclination will give them a mad dash run for their money, but belligerence has become a sort of calling card and badge of association for the neo-modern evangelistic atheist - many of whom are simply grudge-bearing 'fall-aways' from christianity, eager to mete out payback to pastors that may have led them astray or parents that forced them to sunday school.

That said, I do emphathize with the occasional one. Being a minority is never easy and they do get discriminated against often - I feel for all yous. But please don't try to make up what you lack in numbers with brass.

^all said with a very big smiley face cheesy

While I dont agree with few things in this post, hateful christians like Goshen and Enigma should learn from this
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is a factual statement, you are told by your bible (which is the word of God) to dislike atheists;

Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Again, your intellectual reasoning is failing you and falling flat when properly microscoped. How does fact(s) = truth and where in the verse you quoted does it says theists AUTOMATICALLY hate and despise others who reject their beliefs E be like say I get your time today, get ready to be debunked once again..... cheesy
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Stalwert:

cheesy imagine platteon saying he is here because of christian singing truly nonsense indeed!

Ofcourse it would seem nonsense to you.

Go to Nigeria and see the real meaning of irrationality.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

I dont know where you live, but here in Nigeria, the religious beliefs of others affect me, by no fault of mine, in almost every way every single day. As an atheist in Nigeria, its impossible to mind your own business because they simply wont leave you alone. I have a neighbor who has gradually turn his house from from once weekly fellowship to daily fellowship, and then now into a full blown church. You have no idea what I have to put up with.

On this forum, and else where, theist make ridiculous claims and assertions,using their usual currencies of fear and guilt, which I assume, is a way of marketing their products. The anonyimity of this forum allows us to challenge and repudiate their ridiculous claims and assertions.

After a while , it becomes a fun and favourite past time.

So are here because of your neighbor's singing? Don't we all have recourse to the law which protects us from the excesses of anybody?

Do you know what if an adult who believes in the tooth fairy claims the tooth fairy created the world, I will laugh and take a walk yet you atheists here would stand here and make argument for days with no end in sight and even go as far as writing best selling books on why the tooth fairy does not exist, that is what proves your extreme irrationality, while a theist will use his time pursuing time worthy activities you atheists will simply invest your time refuting fairy tales! And as enigma so eloquently put "the excuse they give for their obnoxiousness is simply nonsense".

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

While I dont agree with few things in this post, hateful christians like Goshen and Enigma should learn from this

shocked shocked shocked What! This thread haven't gone too far and we're beginning to know those who are hateful....Not so?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Again, your intellectual reasoning is failing you and falling flat when properly microscoped. How does fact(s) = truth and where in the verse you quoted does it says [size=18pt]theists[/size] AUTOMATICALLY hate and despise others who reject their beliefs E be like say I get your time today, get ready to be debunked once again..... cheesy

Another case of you stretching the argument. Theist > Christian.

Anyhoo, anybody that believes that psalm 14;1 is the innerant word of God is automatically a hater of atheists because that verse clearly says that atheists are evil fools
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

Ofcourse it would seem nonsense to you.

Go to Nigeria and see the real meaning of irrationality.

I live in Nigeria, I am a muslim and I live near two churches, and they do Nite vigils and Sunday service, but do you know what, I do what our religious leaders have ask of most of us Nigerian TOLERANCE!

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Why is no christian addressing this post on this thread (apart from Jesoul)?
[/size]

Logicboy03: The funniest thing in this thread is that the religious people here are showing how immoral or irrationally ignorant they are.

One must be irrational or a liar not to understand that atheists have every right to complain about religion or God due to the constant discrimination they face in the name of God. Just look at the things form last year alone that one has to deny;

-Atheist arrested for being an atheist in indonesia
-Secular constitution breached by government in Nigeria to fund religious holidays, sharia and churches
-Distrust and lies against you because your're an atheist in Nigeria (case of Leo Igwe and Frosbel's fellow christian wesbsite's criminal accusation)
-Battle over abortion rights in America where christians want to enforce their religious views on the public
-Atheist dicrimination in the American military
-Parents kicking our teenagers to the streets for disbelief
-American christians claiming that shootings happen in school because prayers were removed from schools (insensitive to atheist victims/parents)

These and many more.

So when a religious person complains that atheists spend a lot of time criticising Religion or people who believe in God, the religious person must be foolish to ignore what his religion and religious people do to atheists in the first place.

It is your bibles and quran that strick the first blow- claiming atheists and disbelievers are fools.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked What! This thread haven't gone too far and we're beginning to know those who are hateful....Not so?

Truly you are yet to hear worst accusations from him, it is his style of pleading for leniency grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Of course, Jesoul has shamed you hateful lot
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Of course, Jesoul has shamed you hateful lot

that's what you get for your joblessness , the idle mind is the ....................... cheesy
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Another case of you stretching the argument. Theist > Christian.

Anyhoo, anybody that believes that psalm 14;1 is the innerant word of God is automatically a hater of atheists because that verse clearly says that atheists are evil fools

Okay narrowed down a little bit now. The verse says atheists are fool right. How and where does that verse now says theists AUTOMATICALLY hate atheists because of them saying "there is no God". That is what I want you to define.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

that's what you get for your joblessness , the idle mind is the ....................... cheesy

Trololo
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay narrowed down a little bit now. The verse says atheists are fool right. How and where does that verse now says theists AUTOMATICALLY hate atheists because of them saying "there is no God". That is what I want you to define.

let's not mince words, an atheist is a FOOL !! God says so and I agree .
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Stalwert:

So are here because of your neighbor's singing? Don't we all have recourse to the law which protects us from the excesses of anybody?

Do you know what if an adult who believes in the tooth fairy claims the tooth fairy created the world, I will laugh and take a walk yet you atheists here would stand here and make argument for days with no end in sight and even go as far as writing best selling books on why the tooth fairy does not exist, that is what proves your extreme irrationality, while a theist will use his time pursuing time worthy activities you atheists will simply invest your time refuting fairy tales! And as enigma so eloquently put "the excuse they give for their obnoxiousness is simply nonsense".

C'mon guy.
Your argument is lopsided.
Pastors and TV evangelist go on air every single minute, even as we chat, to castigate all and everyone who does not share their beliefs. There are crusades in every nook and cranny demonizing people for not believing. How many religious sects and cults do you have in the world, all repudiating the beliefs of others?
But when one lonely atheist dares to stand up and write a book, or go in an online forum to repudiate the oppressive and exploitative religious beliefs and the religious fraudsters who benefit from such, then you all begin to cry foul. Shouts of evangelical atheism rent the air.
Why the insecurity?
If a pastor or Tv evangelist can stand up in a podium, face millions of viewers, then make false, ridiculous, and sometimes dangerous claims,why can't he be challanged?
Why does religion feel that it should be impervious to scrutiny and accountability?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Most things about evangelical atheism are senseless. Even fundamentally, atheism let alone evangelical atheism is illogical and irrational. All the books that their bishops and evangelists are writing - when examined intellectually, logically and philosophically - simply amount to building castles in the air. As a professor in one of the great universities said: you can pass our exams by writing bulls.hit ----- as long as you write the bulls.hit well.

Look even their pope and Dady G.O. (aka Richard Dawkins) knows it; even his statement and actions betray his knowledge/awareness (deep down) of the illogicality and nonsense of his position.

Take for example his papal declaration or fatwa that his followers should mock and ridicule people of faith ---- is that rational discourse by the standard of any intellectually or logically sound person?

"Mock them, ridicule them --- in public" he declared.

I don't understand why atheists don't deserve the use of public space? Religious leaders get to enjoy free speech, but it irritating for atheist or antitheist to speak?!

As to the illogical nature of atheism, its dependent on the purported being God. His existence appeals only to Faith. Faith itself is a trust authority, not really sound in epistemological terms.

It is not illogical to pronouce God absent on the sole basis of Reason and empiricism.

3 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

You believe that I am evil just because a book tells you so and not because of my behaviour?

No hatred there.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

Goshen, is this the christian love?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

Forsbel, that's false. God didn't say atheists are fools, rather the Bible said that God said atheists are fools. That's the word from the Bible.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Goshen360(m): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

Yes and I agree also but Logicboy and plaetton say because of that, we theists AUTOMATICALLY hate atheists and Logicboy quoted bible verse and I'm trynna let him define how that verse though says atheists are fool becomes AUTOMATIC verse for theists being hateful.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17:

I don't understand why atheists don't deserve the use of public space? Religious leaders get to enjoy free speech, but it irritating for atheist or antitheist to speak?!

As to the illogical nature of atheism, its dependent on the purported being God. His existence appeals only to Faith. Faith itself is a trust authority, not really sound in epistemological terms.

It is not illogical to pronouce God absent on the sole basis of Reason and empiricism.

What a breath of fresh air.
The triumph of reason!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Stalwert:

I live in Nigeria, I am a muslim and I live near two churches, and they do Nite vigils and Sunday service, but do you know what, I do what our religious leaders have ask of most of us Nigerian TOLERANCE!

it is all rubbish! If the problem is with the nuisance factor, we will see lots of threads complaining or appealing that Christians etc should not constitute themselves into a nuisance.

I am a Christian who spends a lot of time in Nigeria and I find that A LOT of 'churches' in Nigeria are unquestionably nuisances with their loudspeakers that are being used to disturb others (Christians, including myself, and non-Christians alike) unnecessarily.

HOWEVER that is not because of Christianity at all or even because of the nuisance people's own Christianity at all; it is a function of a society where we have lost a proper sense of real values and have a wrong understanding of what is right. Let me demonstrate:

-- the chap who lives in a face me I face you or even a block of flats will turn up the volume of his Michael Jackson or Kollington Ayinla, so that his neighbours can hear and so that they will take
-- the Okada chap will put a horn on his bike which is the same as that on a 911 bus making a blaring noise; hence, I like that old saying: since Rasaki buy Kawasaki, we no hear word again.

So the excuse that it is in your face and that is why they come to forums to behave like jerks ----- just does not wash. smiley
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: The funniest thing in this thread is that the religious people here are showing how immoral or irrationally ignorant they are.

One must be irrational or a liar not to understand that atheists have every right to complain about religion or God due to the constant discrimination they face in the name of God. Just look at the things form last year alone that one has to deny;

-Atheist arrested for being an atheist in indonesia
-Secular constitution breached by government in Nigeria to fund religious holidays, sharia and churches
-Distrust and lies against you because your're an atheist in Nigeria (case of Leo Igwe and Frosbel's fellow christian wesbsite's criminal accusation)
-Battle over abortion rights in America where christians want to enforce their religious views on the public
-Atheist dicrimination in the American military
-Parents kicking our teenagers to the streets for disbelief
-American christians claiming that shootings happen in school because prayers were removed from schools (insensitive to atheist victims/parents)

These and many more.

So when a religious person complains that atheists spend a lot of time criticising Religion or people who believe in God, the religious person must be foolish to ignore what his religion and religious people do to atheists in the first place.

It is your bibles and quran that strick the first blow- claiming atheists and disbelievers are fools.

These are valid accusations to how religions like christianity and Islam invade privacy of others, they voluntarily drag criticism towards their religions.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma:

it is all rubbish! If the problem is with the nuisance factor, we will see lots of threads complaining or appealing that Christians etc should not constitute themselves into a nuisance.

I am a Christian who spends a lot of time in Nigeria and I find that A LOT of 'churches' in Nigeria are unquestionably nuisances with their loudspeakers that are being used to disturb others (Christians, including myself, and non-Christians alike) unnecessarily.

HOWEVER that is not because of Christianity at all or even because of the nuisance people's own Christianity at all; it is a function of a society where we have lost a proper sense of real values and have a wrong understanding of what is right. Let me demonstrate:

-- the chap who lives in a face me I face you or even a block of flats will turn up the volume of his Michael Jackson or Kollington Ayinla, so that his neighbours can hear and so that they will take
-- the Okada chap will put a horn on his bike which is the same as that on a 911 bus making a blaring noise; hence, I like that old saying: since Rasaki buy Kawasaki, we no hear word again.

So the excuse that it is in your face and that is why they come to forums to behave like jerks ----- just does not wash. smiley

It is a matter of conscience not individual Christianity (if any sense can be made out of that). Christians wear their battered conscience like a badge
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Stalwert: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton: @stalwert

Talking about irrationality, you will agree with me that there is a big difference between atheists and theists.

I , like most atheist despise religion and mock it. But, with emphasis, we do not hate , despise, discriminate nor despise people because they are religious. For us it would be impossible since we are all sorrounded by religious people in families and friendships. The only exception being those who exploit others and feed fat on religion.

Religious people, on the other hand, automatically hate and despise other who reject their beliefs. Not so?
Again, who is the irrational one?

Lies meant to befuddle to the weak minded, in the SW there are a lot of multi religious families and this also holds true for much of the North Central, and u probably have not heard of Stalin, atheists can be very despicable when in power!

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17:

Forsbel, that's false. God didn't say atheists are fools, rather the Bible said that God said atheists ate fools. That's the word from the Bible.

He did, David spoke under inspiration .

The evidence for GOD is overwhelming, only a FOOL will think otherwise.

You cannot wish GOD away try as you may, one day these confused atheists will stand before GOD in awe and trembling , alas it may be too late for them to recover from their stark folly !

Even the devils who are superior in wisdom believe in GOD and tremble.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder - James 2:19

It borders on arrogance, ingratitude, moral ineptitude and insanity to pretend that GOD is 'dead'.

Talk is cheap , especially when the one to whom the talk is aimed at does not respond or simply ignores the small minds.

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

Goshen360:

Yes and I agree also but Logicboy and plaetton say because of that, we theists AUTOMATICALLY hate atheists and Logicboy quoted bible verse and I'm trynna let him define how that verse though says atheists are fool becomes AUTOMATIC verse for theists being hateful.

Lol....these two people believe that they love atheists not hate them?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17:

1. Nobody says atheists should not use 'public space' to speak. However, using public space to speak is not the same as using public space to behave like jerks.

2. Why do atheists not buy TV and radio slots to preach their atheism message and evangelise for their religion?

3. On this forum, no one has prevented atheists from evangelising; look the 'religious people' (actually including both Christians and Moslems) have been quite tolerant of the evangelical atheists and their nonsense and obnoxiousness. We know that if the atheists had control they will NOT be as tolerant as the 'religious people' have been. Heck, the 'religious people' were even voting for one of you atheists in that recent voting exercise! If that is the intolerance of 'religious people', let us compare it to the intolerance of the evangelical atheists and see which is worse!

4. The illogicality of atheism is not dependent on any particular 'God'; atheism simply does not stack up in the face of scientific and philosophical knowledge TODAY or at anytime. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma:

1. Nobody says atheists should not use 'public space' to speak. However, using public space to speak is not the same as using public space to behave like jerks.

Atheists are behaving like Jerks? You and your christian bros call all atheists "evil fools" on this thread and you are claiming the victim?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enigma:

1. Nobody says atheists should not use 'public space' to speak. However, using ublic space to speak is not the same as using public space to behave like jerks.

100 likes

If these people are the role models of atheism they are doomed from the start , for their moral fabric is already in tatters.

Very poorly behaved sociopaths.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

He did, David spoke under inspiration .

The evidence for GOD is overwhelming, only a FOOL will think otherwise.

You cannot wish GOD away try as you may, one day these confused atheists will stand before GOD in awe and trembling , alas it may be too late for them to recover from their stark folly !

Even the devils who are superior in wisdom believe in GOD and tremble.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder - James 2:19

It borders on arrogance, ingratitude, moral ineptitude and insanity to pretend that GOD is 'dead'.

Talk is cheap , especially when the one to whom the talk is aimed at does not respond or simply ignores the small minds.

Relax frosbel, let's take it gradually

First, God didn't write the Bible or that particular biblical provision, David probably did.

Second its not God's statement as a consequence of the above. It is David's

Third it is David's IDEA of God's wishes and preference and his despise of atheists.

Fourth it is of your own belief that David was inspired by God.

So 4 separate steps and implications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Japan Is The Only Country Keeping Islam At The Bay. / What Is The Will Of God? - Olamide Obire / Ask Jesus To Appear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.