Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Irrationality Of Atheism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irrationality Of Atheism (8952 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by plaetton: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: I have beef with Majaze and Plaetton angry

They prefer the patient and mature way of deabting out differences with peeps like Frosbel, Enigma and Stalwert.

I on the other hand, prefer to make short and quick but harsh with these kinds of theists that prefer to call atheists fools. They can only understand suffering and pain not reason. So everytime I make a harsh argument, I know that it hits home. I dont waste time to point out how irrational or delusional some of their arguments are.

There are only few theists that deserve rational and mature discussions; Anony, Pastor Pastor Kun, Pastor AIO, Tbaba and Deepsight. However, Deepsight hates me for some reason and is very quick to call me illogical these days.

would have mentioned Jesoul among the cool guys but she runs away when cornered. tongue

He he he.
Man, if I take these exhuberent xtians up on every issue, I would be stressing myself unnecesarily. I can only take so much irrationality at any given time.
They go round in circles, turn logic upside down and quickly resort to blackmail when they run out of hot air. So I prefer to deal with them in measured strides.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

That we appeared by random chance !

I don't think we appeared by random chance.

frosbel:
actually I have done all that and worn a t-shirt, I am begging to know how you think we somehow came into existence.

You can use the process of respiration as an example, how did it all start ?

We were born.
Respiration as an example of what?

frosbel:
expatiate please !

Expatiate on what? What part of the questions didn't you understand?

It looks as if you don't want to have a serious conversation. You just want to throw out questions whether or not they're relevant to anything being said.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:
I would like to think some people are grown ups, no

Well, I would definitely put Majaze and Plaetton as more mature than me.

You, Frosbel are older than me and married but you exhibit the maturity of a tiger cub- jumping at everything- atheism, trinitarian christians, Hellfire christians etc
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
thehomer:

I don't think we appeared by random chance.

We were born.
Respiration as an example of what?

Expatiate on what? What part of the questions didn't you understand?

It looks as if you don't want to have a serious conversation. You just want to throw out questions whether or not they're relevant to anything being said.

Honestly sometimes I am forced to wonder if you are not some sort of peculiar online comedian or prankster.

I mean no offense, when I say with all honesty that your posts, along with those of logicboy, rank as some of the most ridiculous on this forum.

Especially because you are wont to ask questions which in essence are the equivalent of asking why 2 + 2 = 4.

Happy new year though. I will try to devote some time this month to our abandoned thread on the nature of time.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

He he he.
Man, if I take these exhuberent xtians up on every issue, I would be stressing myself unnecesarily. I can only take so much irrationality at any given time.
They go round in circles, turn logic upside down and quickly resort to blackmail when they run out of hot air. So I prefer to deal with them in measured strides.

Seen. But how these guys do not get under your skin amazes me.

Ironically, I thrive on hatred; the more abuse/skeptical comments I get, the more I come back with more comments and threads. I have left such a trail of butthurt that even Tbaba had to confess that I seem to enjoy disrespecting religion too much.

I have been a bad boy....bad logicboy tongue
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Honestly sometimes I am forced to wonder if you are not some sort of peculiar online comedian or prankster.

I mean no offense, when I say with all honesty that your posts, along with those of logicboy, rank as some of the most ridiculous on this forum.

Especially because you are wont to ask questions which in essence are the equivalent of asking why 2 + 2 = 4.

Happy new year though. I will try to devote some time this month to our abandoned thread on the nature of time.

What have I done to you? Why do you hate me so?

I can understand the butthurt from Frosbel and co but you? Seeing as you're a deist, we have much in common!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: However, Deepsight hates me for some reason and is very quick to call me illogical these days.

[size=30pt]I DO NOT HATE YOU, SIR LOGICBOY, R.E.R. [/size]

I do hate stupidity though.

I must qualify: I hate intellectual stupidity. As for stupidity in making life decisions, i cannot hate it because I am a perennial victim of it.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

[size=30pt]I DO NOT HATE YOU, SIR LOGICBOY, R.E.R. [/size]

You just called me a red eye rabbit in the same sentence that you were saying that you dont hate me.

Seriously, what did I do to you to make you so delusional when I'm around?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

You just called me a red eye rabbit in the same sentence that you were saying that you dont hate me.

Seriously, what did I do to you to make you so delusional when I'm around?

Lol, boy, easy up! I do not hate you AT ALL! Don't you even see when I say R.E.R that that is even funny? What on earth is a a Red Eyed Rabbit ? ? ? It is a freaking JOKE man! Easy up!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Lol, boy, easy up! I do not hate you AT ALL! Don't you even see when I say R.E.R that that is even funny? What on earth is a a Red Eyed Rabbit ? ? ? It is a freaking JOKE man! Easy up!

Hmmm.....okay
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
@thehomer

Proving respiration or the failure to prove respiration does not disprove and prove God respectively, hence not relevant to our discussion.

The main question is the value of Faith. Enigma has conceded that Faith can stand alone.

Therefore God is a creature of Faith.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

I'm neither of those things.

Deep Sight:

As always, I think you'll need to back up your accusation towards me with some evidence. Quoting me would be nice. If they're as clear as simple arithmetic to you, why don't you demonstrate it to me in your responses?

Deep Sight:

A happy New Year to you too. Yeah you do that.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Stalwert: ^
I think the most irritating of all is to see atheists spend all their good time arguing with people they claim believe in fairy tales, I mean it does just make sense, I for one cannot spend my valuable time arguing with an adult who believes in tooth fairy, I mean believe what you want, I don't see how it disturbs me, but on the contrary atheists I have seen in forums spend good time refuting what they call "simply fairy tales", that in itself is plain ridiculous indeed unless you guys really have nothings to do most of the time!

some one here got seven "likes" up there, i just could not resist the urge to point it out.

However, i will be a slowpoke to do what you just described up there.
Peace
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17: @thehomer

Proving respiration or the failure to prove respiration does not disprove and prove God respectively, hence not relevant to our discussion.

The main question is the value of Faith. Enigma has conceded that Faith can stand alone.

Therefore God is a creature of Faith.

Of course. That is why I needed some clarification before shutting down that line of argument.
God is that if anything. At least until Enigma and his cohort start to equivocate on what faith actually is in the religious context.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
thehomer:

I'm neither of those things.

Now you are resorting to outright lies on the nature of your person. It was bad enuf to lie about the nature of time.

As always, I think you'll need to back up your accusation towards me with some evidence. Quoting me would be nice. If they're as clear as simple arithmetic to you, why don't you demonstrate it to me in your responses?

Of course our other thread on the question as to whether time and space were created by the big b@ng was more than enough proof of your general and consistent - and might I add - willful - illogicality.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=Kay 17]@thehomer

Since thehomer cannot respond, let me try you , my good pal grin

Question : How did the process of respiration start and how does this support either evolution or the source of our existence.

Describe your findings in detail and do not leave any room for ambiguity.

thanks !
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

I dont know where you live, but here in Nigeria, the religious beliefs of others affect me, by no fault of mine, in almost every way every single day. As an atheist in Nigeria, its impossible to mind your own business because they simply wont leave you alone. I have a neighbor who has gradually turn his house from from once weekly fellowship to daily fellowship, and then now into a full blown church. You have no idea what I have to put up with.

On this forum, and else where, theist make ridiculous claims and assertions,using their usual currencies of fear and guilt, which I assume, is a way of marketing their products. The anonyimity of this forum allows us to challenge and repudiate their ridiculous claims and assertions.

After a while , it becomes a fun and favourite past time.

and what has this to do with: "God does not exist"

Infantile rationale!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton: @stalwert

Talking about irrationality, you will agree with me that there is a big difference between atheists and theists.

I , like most atheist despise religion and mock it. But, with emphasis, we do not hate , despise, discriminate nor despise people because they are religious. For us it would be impossible since we are all sorrounded by religious people in families and friendships. The only exception being those who exploit others and feed fat on religion.

Religious people, on the other hand, automatically hate and despise other who reject their beliefs. Not so?
Again, who is the irrational one?

what,
Is that the definition of atheism?

Infantile rationale!
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

One must be irrational or a liar not to understand that atheists have every right to complain about religion or God due to the constant discrimination they face in the name of God. Just look at the things form last year alone that one has to deny;

And when did God "mocked you"?

misplaced aggression.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

misplaced agression.

As much as I hate to say this, your written English sir, is generally and consistently terrible.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

Ofcourse it would seem nonsense to you.

Go to Nigeria and see the real meaning of irrationality.

and what has that to do with, "there is no God"?

1 Like

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

misplaced agression.

Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

and what has that to do with "there is no God"?

I have always shouted that the illogicality of religious notions of God cannot obviate the requirement of a cause of finite existence.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

I have always shouted that the illogicality of religious notions of God cannot obviate the requirement of a cause of finite existence.

There is no evidence for God and therefore no logical reason to believe in him
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
I will start a new thread to discuss the irrationality of theism. Please join me in debating this
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

let's not mince words, an atheist is a FOOL !! God says so and I agree .

but thats ^^^ true!

How can "logicboy" be considered to be wise?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
plaetton:

C'mon guy.
Your argument is lopsided.
Pastors and TV evangelist go on air every single minute, even as we chat, to castigate all and everyone who does not share their beliefs. There are crusades in every nook and cranny demonizing people for not believing. How many religious sects and cults do you have in the world, all repudiating the beliefs of others?
But when one lonely atheist dares to stand up and write a book, or go in an online forum to repudiate the oppressive and exploitative religious beliefs and the religious fraudsters who benefit from such, then you all begin to cry foul. Shouts of evangelical atheism rent the air.
Why the insecurity?
If a pastor or Tv evangelist can stand up in a podium, face millions of viewers, then make false, ridiculous, and sometimes dangerous claims,why can't he be challanged?
Why does religion feel that it should be impervious to scrutiny and accountability?

what has that to do with, "there is no God"
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: I will start a new thread to discuss the irrationality of theism. Please join me in debating this

Well as a tiresome guide, let me suggest that you make the plank of the discussion causation of living material phenomena.
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

There is no evidence for God and therefore no logical reason to believe in him

"It." Not "Him."
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17:

These are valid accusations to how religions like christianity and Islam invade privacy of others, they voluntarily drag criticism towards their religions.

how does this turned to, "there is no God"?
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
^^^ Dem jus dey yarn opaks. smiley
Re: Irrationality Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Kay 17:

Relax frosbel, let's take it gradually

First, God didn't write the Bible or that particular biblical provision, David probably did.

Second its not God's statement as a consequence of the above. It is David's

Third it is David's IDEA of God's wishes and preference and his despise of atheists.

Fourth it is of your own belief that David was inspired by God.

So 4 separate steps and implications.

my question:

What has that ^^^ to do with "there is no God"?

Are all those that believed in the existence of God making used of the bible? No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Wake Up And Have Body Marks, No Clue / The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Quran 5:101. We Need Answers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.