Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Funny Marriage Proposal - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funny Marriage Proposal (21628 Views)

Funny Marriage Advice From Married Men / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dalby(m): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Tpia

Na by ship and road you go now, that one dey too strenuous, person go dey road for 2 months never still reach kiss
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by blacklion(m): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

Oh I didn't even know you called me a frustrated spinster. But why na? Because I disagreed with your opinion? Awwww, poor insecure you. But like I mentioned earlier, your opinion is really not as important as you think it is -- at least not to most of us, it isn't. I guess you're one of those guys who go about thinking that women ought to consider themselves lucky if a man even as much as says "hi" to them. And so anyone that shows even the slightest sign of having a mind is classed as a "frustrated spinster" grin grin Chei, in this same world we live in? Tis so sad. Good night o, mr feminazi. Although with the amount of energy you're devoting to these so-called feminazi issues, it makes me wonder sha . . . anyway make I no talk again lipsrsealed.

As an aside, you should visit the business section sometime. It's more interesting than this one. There's a thread "stock market tips for nigerians" that could use some of this your energy.

Madam Business Analyst,

I really dunno how people can trust your stock tips when u don't even seem to be able to read carefully before hitting your keyboard.

I never called you a 'frustrated spinster'.

It was your cheerleaders who were claiming that I called you a 'frustrated spinster'

Got it?

Sheesh! Its not rocket science.

Na wa for you o! grin

Anywayz, I am el cheapo personified and I just love free stock tips - so I'll certainly be visiting your fav threads shortly.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dalby(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
I forgot to add that I am not that desperate, no body dey pursue me from house embarassed
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by windywendy(f): 11:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
blacklion:

Madam Business Analyst,

I really don't know how people can trust your stock tips when u don't even seem to be able to read carefully before hitting your keyboard.

I never called you a 'frustrated spinster'.

It was your cheerleaders who were claiming that I called you a 'frustrated spinster'

Got it?

Sheesh! Its not rocket science.

Na wa for you o! grin

Anywayz, I am el cheapo personified and I just love free stock tips - so I'll certainly be visiting your fav threads shortly.

Ok o, let's meet at the business section then. Pls remember to leave your feminazi propaganda here o. Na strictly business we dey yarn for there. See you there.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by blacklion(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

people can't even wriite about their lives without morons throwing it at other people's faces in other threads that have NOTHING to do with such

The hell does job and accountancy have to do with anything? Some of you are so immature it's ridiculous.

Shebi ah talk am sey di girls wey dia mouth sharp pass for this thread be under 18 eaglets. Una no see am now?

This pikin no fit decode tpia and dalmy gist na im e come dey yarn this one again.

My pipul talk sey wetin pikin no fit see as e tanda na im elder dey see as im siddon
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Obele: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ D-reloaded ,
I like u because of ur staight forward .U don,t take chances @ all .More grease to ur elbow,by rebuking those fools that know the right place to post their bullshit.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dreloaded(f): 12:37am On Mar 06, 2008
Thanks obele

blac klion, speak english or stop referring to me.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tempestous: 12:38am On Mar 06, 2008
D-reloaded:

blac klion, speak english or stop referring to me.
ROTFLMSBO. . . . in his own mind, he's speaking proper English cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by d1tha1: 1:01am On Mar 06, 2008
Methinks the babe is kinda uptight and already had very high expectations about a marriage proposal from the guy seeing dey had been together for 4 years. This probably blinded her from seeing d guys intention for what dey really are and the spirit behind his choice of words.

Words are only as good as the mindset from which dey r spoken, who knows maybe it was d guys attempt to use humour ( ;DI for one wld think it funny if i was a babe and a guy proposed to me like dat, especially if he was my freind, ). Or mayb he was just testing her. If dey r reaaly freinds den i think she overreacted
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by bawomolo(m): 1:21am On Mar 06, 2008
the guy was a jack-ass and deserves what he got. "I've decided to marry you"!!!!! as if she begged or he was thinking on whether she is worth it. abeg make she throw that yeye fish for water after all plenty still dey.

yes throw 4years of your life into the drain over some silly miscommunication. jeez u I N D E P E N D E N T chicks can be something else.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by katherinae(f): 1:31am On Mar 06, 2008
post pics here when they have the weddin, the guy should learn to talk less and she should reduce the amount of attention she gives to the words that come out of his mouth
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tpia: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2008
blacklion:

Shebi ah talk am sey di girls wey dia mouth sharp pass for this thread be under 18 eaglets. Una no see am now?

This pikin no fit decode tpia and dalmy gist na im e come dey yarn this one again.

My pipul talk sey wetin pikin no fit see as e tanda na im elder dey see as im siddon

you must be smoking the same thing as dalby.

I've noticed a trend on nairaland these days where people start spilling what they regard as others' personal information, in an attempt to score some cheap points and make the person look bad.

Why should I worry myself about anything dalby feels like posting about me? its a free world.  People are free to post any information they think they have, about random strangers they've never met in real life but who they loose sleep over at night.

That's what instant messenging is for- random information about people on nairaland. Juicy gist and even juicier gossip.

So far, the guy has said I'm working three jobs, I'm an accountant because of taxes, I live or don't live in Nigeria. All very useful information, as far as I know.
he also included other usefully coded information such as telling me he's married and going home to his wife, he has a job which pays him wonderfully (better than my own), I trekked out of Nigeria through whatever country or countries he cares to name, etc etc. Not to mention the fact that according to him I'm still trekking and so far havent even reached my destination.

At least im own never reach pawpaw level yet. abi no be poop packer pawpaw say I dey do for abroad? Since all Nigerians in diaspora dey pack sh*t. This one still say I be accountant. maybe na one of my other three jobs involve sh*t packing. undecided

I've also noticed 95% of dalby's posts are in response to something AJ said. I doubt he'd have anything sensible to type on nairaland if he's writing for himself and not as follow follow.

Whoever wants to rant should rant o.

If you have any info on me, please spill the beans. I don't even need to bother verifying or denying- after all ,it must be true, or how else would people have heard about it. In fact, i'm saying right now that any info someone posts about me on nairaland, is true. Guaranteed true by me, and stamped with my seal of approval. You can quote me for future reference.

sheesh. Considering how folks are going kolo these days with people's pictures and what not, is it even surprising. You have a personal problem with somebody, you post pictures of her family. You mutilate other people's pictures. You cast aspersions on people for issues not even related to the topics being discussed.  Are all these the marks of civilized or even sane people. 

But carry on, sha. I dey. grin

local radicals. grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tpia: 2:42am On Mar 06, 2008
katherinae:

post pics here when they have the weddin, the guy should learn to talk less and she should reduce the amount of attention she gives to the words that come out of his mouth

true talk. smiley
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by spoilt(f): 2:42am On Mar 06, 2008
i would take his proposal and force feed him with it.  angry
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by kenflipper(m): 2:59am On Mar 06, 2008
This is the most interesting topic i have ever contributed to, cos' i had same experience wit my girl.
The fact that the guy said ''I have finally decided to marry You" means the girl has been all over his neck asking and begging him, when will you marry me?? and i sure the guy has been like soon! Very soon as i would have said.
I would advise the girl to be careful so the guy wont have to change his mind. Although the truth is that when such decisions are made by guys they find it difficult to Switch back.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by debosky(m): 3:52am On Mar 06, 2008
@ Rad

All opinions expressed by me on this thread are largely facetious and tongue in cheek. wink

wetin come be all this drama between the guys and tpia? Abeg if una wan marry make you take tally number, na me be her manager cheesy cool

@ spoilt

no need to stuff him with it, tell him he is BANNED from accessing the twins and he will arrange himself sharp sharp cheesy

general note

there must be so much frustration amongst Nigerians sha. . .before the topic even lands, people go off attacking personalities instead of dealing with the issues. I wonder why sad
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by spoilt(f): 4:11am On Mar 06, 2008
Guys want to bang but they dont want to commit.
Anyway guys have a way of posing when it comes to marriage. In their hearts they know you are a real babe and a half and the best chick to ever darken their doorway but on the outside they form and act like they dont want to marry. grin

"I have finally agreed to marry you" ! Hehehehe. The more i repeat it to myself , the more ridiculous it sounds.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 06, 2008
general note

there must be so much frustration amongst Nigerians sha. . .before the topic even lands, people go off attacking personalities instead of dealing with the issues. I wonder why  

You've already stated the obvious, no need wondering.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Him(m): 4:20am On Mar 06, 2008
spoilt:

Guys want to bang but they don't want to commit.

dont blame guys. tongue Women think that banging is the key to the hallowed chambers of marriage.

spoilt:

Anyway guys have a way of posing when it comes to marriage. In their hearts they know you are a real babe and a half and the best chick to ever darken their doorway but on the outside they form and act like they don't want to marry. grin

You talk true my sister.

spoilt:

"I have finally agreed to marry you" ! Hehehehe. The more i repeat it to myself , the more ridiculous it sounds.

Actually when i think of it now it wasnt so bad. I wish the girl could have had a better sense of humor.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 06, 2008
don't blame guys. Women think that banging is the key to the hallowed chambers of marriage.

And probably it was "imaginary beings" not men who pester them to think that way, abi?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by TheSly: 4:31am On Mar 06, 2008
see them Ladies hmnnnnnnnnn!!

Be it ''i have agreed to marry you'' or Come and be my lady because in my dreams i see my baby in your tommy''
whats important is the message he was trying to pass across which we already know. . .

To me there is nothing wrong with it. . .Ohh Lawd!
Bu' ladies don't y'all get tired of scopes everytime. . ?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 06, 2008
@ sly cheesy

I really don't care about the issue of who's right and who's wrong, all this romantic thrills on do's and dont's bore me like hell, but the manner in which you pass your message across could make the message itself meaningless to the other person.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by spoilt(f): 4:50am On Mar 06, 2008
you cant blame her. why would a man propose to a woman like that? as if he has a gun to his head. when he signs the dotted lines he stands to gain. heck he gets a 'washer woman', cook, cleaner, hostess, hot water bottle and what have you. all in exchange for one cheap shackle ring
I am definitely coming back as a dude. cool
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by TheSly: 4:54am On Mar 06, 2008
stillwater

Could u please elucidate better on how it can be perfectly said. . . . because i would like to know cheesy
Is it . . .'' I love u tori torun means from head to toe and i would like you to be the mother of my unborn rascals? cheesy
Is that perfect? because thats what i'm going to use when its my turn cool

Please advise. . cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 06, 2008
Deeply stare into her eyes and say "Would you be my wife?" Be serious while saying it. I can't stand jittery men. At least that will work for me, don't know about others. No long stories, short and smooth.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by RichyBlacK(m): 5:05am On Mar 06, 2008
I don't see what's wrong with the statement: "I have finally decided to marry you"

This means that the guy deliberated the issue at length in his mind and finally decided to marry the lady. He or some of his relatives may have had some issues with the lady and that made him hesitate. But after he resolved all his doubts and was satisfied with the situation, he then decided to marry the lady.

How else does a guy reach the point of marrying a lady if not by taking a position and deciding to marry the said lady. Would it be better if the guy accidentally, mistakenly, or spontaneously married the lady? Is it not the case that such a serious issue as marriage has to be well deliberated and then decided?

One may argue that the statement assumed that the lady had no say in the decision. But that's obviously false because the man proposes and the woman has to accept or reject the offer. Strictly speaking, the statement was not a proposal (a proposal gives room for a response and is typically a question) but a revelation to the lady by the guy of his decision. This very likely happened this way because after four years of being a couple, the guy assumed that they were close enough for him to tell her of his decision.

Marriage is ultimately a decision.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 5:08am On Mar 06, 2008
. . . . . .And you are so analytical about the whole thing RichyBlacK. cheesy   They have kissed and made up. . . just give them your blessings.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Him(m): 5:10am On Mar 06, 2008
stillwater:

Deeply stare into her eyes and say "Would you be my wife?" Be serious while saying it. I can't stand jittery men. At least that will work for me, don't know about others. No long stories, short and smooth.

- i don't think every man has to look serious while popping the question, everyone has a particular style that works well for them.
- Its easier said than done, most men are bound to be nervous asking a question that will not only impact their's but your life forever. Expect some fidgeting . . . remember "NO" is a possible answer.

The question doesnt even have to be the cliched "will you be my wife" . . . there are several ways of telling her, if she understands you well enough she should get the message. The most important thing to me is not just a wife but a mother to my future kids . . . i am more tempted to use that instead.
Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by TheSly: 5:12am On Mar 06, 2008

Thanks a bunch ma sister. . cheesy
I can't really wait till that day. .
However,I'm still enjoying this stingy bachelor's life, so sweet and lovely tongue , You don't have to worry about some kids or woman at home
Especially kids that would be sharing the *coughs* which i ought to be enjoying all alone tongue

You get to eat everything alone. . . tongue u can come home at any time u feel like. . .
Bring all types of *coughs* to my house anytime anyday. . . tongue

Not anytime soon. . .Nahh!!!. . . cool but thanks anyway. . i have saved that line. . . cool
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 06, 2008
- i don't think every man has to look serious while popping the question, everyone has a particular style that works well for them.
- Its easier said than done, most men are bound to be nervous asking a question that will not only impact their's but your life forever. Expect some fidgeting . . . remember "NO" is a possible answer.

The question doesnt even have to be the cliched "will you be my wife" . . . there are several ways of telling her, if she understands you well enough she should get the message. The most important thing to me is not just a wife but a mother to my future kids . . . i am more tempted to use that instead.
Different strokes for different folks.

Which automatically translates you would be shaking like waterleaf when popping the question cheesy. As I earlier said "will you be my wife" will work for me. I definitely will not spend four good years as the poster said with a guy without thinking or insinuating about marriage, so no need for outrageous long stories.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Him(m): 5:44am On Mar 06, 2008
stillwater:

Which automatically translates you would be shaking like waterleaf when popping the question cheesy. As I earlier said "will you be my wife" will work for me. I definitely will not spend four good years as the poster said with a guy without thinking or insinuating about marriage, so no need for outrageous long stories.

mba why will i be shaking so badly. grin At this point i shld know the girl well enough to know what her answer would be.
You're right though, after 4yrs no more room for long tori. Just give her a ring and tell her to meet you at the church . . . grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by na2day2(m): 6:02am On Mar 06, 2008
kai bros, stop reading my mind grin grin grin grin grin

4Him:

mba why will i be shaking so badly. grin At this point i shld know the girl well enough to know what her answer would be.
You're right though, after 4yrs no more room for long tori. Just give her a ring and tell her to meet you at the church . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Our Greed For Money & Flashy Things Can Never Lead Us Anywhere - Nigerian Lady / The Song Of Solomon - Erotic Poetry At Its Finest / Things Couples Should Do After Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.