Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (29790 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / We're Merging To Save Nigeria -ACN, CPC, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by stupor(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Final finishing exit of the Godzillas discrediting our democracy!

Humpty Dumpty has a big fall !

Nigeria ! About to change for the better.

Lord Almighty ! We give you all the glory ! Gloria escleassia !
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by MrGlobe(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
willsman: APGA can never merge with any political party.
I think that fool and clown called Rochas okorocha is too selfishly ambitious for my liking. He has today lost all respect I have for him. why join Yoruba backstabbers and Hausa al qeadas/boko haram to form a party because of his stale personal ambitions. where are the igbos in this? smfh!
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by petrov10: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
Demdem: What is APGA and ANPP business amongst progressives? Anyway, story not yet confirmed.
iwish apga nd anpp would merge wit pdp.., mind u if dat happns , cpc acn is histoooorey
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by jmaine: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
Interesting times ahead . . . . . . cheesy . . .Parties merge and people are fantasizing the PDP is dead and gone . . .

There is more to do than just merging to defeat the almighty PDP
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Gbawe: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
manny4life:

Who cares? Mr Intellectual, allow we NL to have a field day while you bother less about it, like why do you care?

My statement was very clear. If your new party is to vote Baboons and Blood , it will not work. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ol boy, insecurity issues dey worry you. Buhari stands a very good chance of being the Presidential candidate of the Mega Party so start palpitating. The thing is that Nigerian leaders are way less sentimental than the people. Perhaps this is why, good or bad, they are leaders.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by MrGlobe(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is a waste of time it w o n t work!!! Disregard this story. These folks are jokers. Let them go and become presidents of their regions.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Ol boy, insecurity issues dey worry you.

Oga, look to yourself, else you wouldn't attack me.

Now, move over... Go and ponder on your next choice of words. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Ol boy, insecurity issues dey worry you. Buhari stands a very good chance of being the Presidential candidate of the Mega Party so start palpitating. The thing is that Nigerian leaders are way less sentimental than the people. Perhaps this is why, good or bad, they are leaders.

Well good luck to you and him, I will help spread the word against him, so no worries, Nigerians are not stupid. Our people say, after the race, we will count the distance.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Gbawe: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
manny4life:

Oga, look to yourself, else you wouldn't attack me.

Now, move over... Go and ponder on your next choice of words. cheesy cheesy cheesy

What "attack"? Grow up and stop being so insecure. I am only telling you to stop making lofty and unrealistic statement the pragmatic reality of Nigeria cannot match. If you think Utomi would be made Presidential candidate and the mega Party would sweep the day then you are simply failing to see the reality of things. You may be educated but do you think most Nigerians on the ground will think/vote like you?
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

What "attack"? Grow up and stop being so insecure. I am only telling you to stop making lofty and unrealistic statement the pragmatic reality of Nigeria cannot match. If you think Utomi would be made Presidential candidate and the mega Party would sweep the day then you are simply failing to see the reality of things. You may be educated but do you think most Nigerians on the ground will think/vote like you?
Which Party is mega party ? Are you fuvking kidding me ? They are AMALGAMATED REGIONAL UNDERDOGS Party. (ARUP), sounds like the sound of s/h/i/t doing down pit toilet.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Gbawe: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Which Party is mega party ? Are you fuvking kidding me ? They are AMALGAMATED REGIONAL UNDERDOGS Party. (ARUP), sounds like the sound of s/h/i/t doing down pit toilet.

Yahoo-yahoo wannabe, nothing for you here. Move along. Keep up the emotional garbage. Real events will surprise jokers like you because you know nothing of worth to begin with and will always be way too emotional to see what matters.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Attack what? I should be the one telling you to actually grow your mind and drop the insecurities. What's loft and unrealistic about my statement? That your LORD (Buhari), who has caused mayhem indirectly hasn't actually spoken choatic words? What unrealistic and lofty about that?

Again whether Mr Pat Utomi becomes the candidate or not isn't ths issue, like I said, if you honestly believe that Nigerians will vote for a man whom indirectly through his words and action has incited and caused chaotic problems, then when the drum rolls, let's see how the spirit dances.

How Nigerians choose to vote is up to them, but the majority has shown dislike for him --- FACT. No party will change that, no matter how you and I choose to sugar coat it.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by onatisi(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
grin
i love pdp strategists see the problem they have created for the opposition while they remain one.the first question we should ask is that what arrangement does this merger have for state elections?will they present a common front or not?if they will present a common candidate then that is the end of acn in the south west.

if it is only presidential does that mean they will present different candidtes for governoship?
thirdly what many dont understand is some of these so called gov will still decamp to pdp when it is 5months to elections
now judging from the comments of ppl here on nl ,if i am to use it to generalise nigerian opinion even nigerians dont trust this new suppopsedy merger party and their intergrity and intentions is being questioned
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by DobleO7: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
The Politicians that I know are unpredictable and unstable. They are like a cloth in a market place which always goes to the hardest bidder.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Merging or how big a party is, wont change much. The issue is,do they have new ideology,how far can they go in making sure their candidate keep to this ideology...
For now nigeria parties are just interested in oil and its likes and how these can fill up their individual pockets.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Gbawe: 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
manny4life:

Attack what? I should be the one telling you to actually grow your mind and drop the insecurities. What's loft and unrealistic about my statement? That your LORD (Buhari), who has caused mayhem indirectly hasn't actually spoken choatic words? What unrealistic and lofty about that?

Again whether Mr Pat Utomi becomes the candidate or not isn't ths issue, like I said, if you honestly believe that Nigerians will vote for a man whom indirectly through his words and action has incited and caused chaotic problems, then when the drum rolls, let's see how the spirit dances.

How Nigerians choose to vote is up to them, but the majority has shown dislike for him --- FACT. No party will change that, no matter how you and I choose to sugar coat it.

I did not even support Buhari in 2011 but you one-track mind individuals have no reverse gear or diversity to your thinking. Everyone is a Buhari fan to you - even those just speaking dispassionately according to the reality of Nigeria. Because of what will happen - and you will understand latter - Buhari may appeal. Anyway. No elections will be won on NL, so pointless carrying on this back and forth.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is a right step in the right direction. I am seeing evolution of two-party system in Nigeria. More work is needed to make it a truly alternative platform though.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

I did not even support Buhari in 2011 but you one-track mind individuals have no reverse gear or diversity to your thinking. Everyone is a Buhari fan to you - even those just speaking dispassionately according to the reality of Nigeria. Because of what will happen - and you will understand latter - Buhari may appeal. Anyway. No elections will be won on NL, so pointless carrying on this back and forth.

Perfect!

So let us kill the "pointless" argument, while you can go ahead with your talk while I focus on mine.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wadeoye:

Rochas VP? lai lai. ACN that championed the merger will not get anything? What are we going to benefit from giving VP slot to Igbos? Can you ask you people first if they will not vote for PDP/GEJ if Rochas is made the VP of opposition? The Ezes, Ohaneze Ngigbo, etc if they will not collect money from PDP and then change tune. If you come back with a favorable response, we will consider Igbo VP. Otherwise, we are already sure south west will vote massively for the opposition if ACN is in the merger and even more if the VP comes from ACN/Yoruba. There is no time for gambling man - we wont do that this time around.

you didn't read my comment and you jumped into conclusion. smh for you.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by drnoel: 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
as long as it curtails thievery and excesses of PDP, but then I fear this merger will only be an agenda for some frivolous persons under Tinubu's ACN and some others to pursue their individual agenda.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I think that fool and clown called Rochas okorocha is too selfishly ambitious for my liking. He has today lost all respect I have for him. why join Yoruba backstabbers and Hausa al qeadas/boko haram to form a party because of his stale personal ambitions. where are the igbos in this? smfh!
keep hating Rochas .He doesn't care what you haters think about him. I guess you are from Anambra.you can follow your governor who is already a sellout to pdp. Rochas has always being a detribalised Nigerian. you won't change that would you?

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by warrior101: 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
hrmkz: What will the new party be called?

The TALK NA DO party of Nigeria...
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Gbawe: 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
berem: keep hating Rochas .He doesn't care what you haters think about him. I guess you are from Anambra.you can follow your governor who is already a sellout to pdp. Rochas has always being a detribalised Nigerian. you won't change that would you?

Whether folks know it or not, Rochas is actually well-liked by his colleagues from the North and the SW. A genuine political bridge-builder. Those qualities will certainly get him places. That is all I will say.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by yokiti: 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
Full details below:
10 A.C.N, ANPP, APGA, CPC GOVERNORS MEET IN LAGOS, ENDORSE MERGER PLAN BY THEIR PARTIES.
”To rescue Nigeria is a task that must be done”, they say. Ten State Governors drawn from the different political parties and geo political zones in the country on Tuesday met at the Lagos house,
marina residence of the state governor for over four hours and resolved to endorse ongoing merger initiatives by their various political parties to rescue Nigeria.
In a communiqué issued at the end of the closed door meeting and read to newsmen at the Marina venue by the Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, it was agreed by the Governors that having reviewed the situation in the country, to rescue Nigeria is a task that must be done.
The States present at the meeting and their representatives are Borno- Alhaji Kashim Shettima, Imo- Chief Rochas Okorocha, Lagos-Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Nassarawa, Alhaji Tanko Almakura, Ogun- Senator Ibikunle Amosun, Oyo- Senator Abiola Ajimobi, Osun- Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Alhaji Abdulazziz Abubakar Yari and Yobe which was represented by Senator Jejere Alkali.
“As progressive and patriotic leaders of our people across party, religious and geo political zones, we are extremely concerned about the state of the nation and we put our heads together in the interest of our people to deliberate on what can be done to rescue our country”, the Communique stated. The Communique further adds that: “As Governors, we fully endorse the merger initiatives already commenced by our various political parties and we will put our full weight behind these efforts”.
The Governors at the meeting added that Nigeria is greater than everyone and that everybody has a duty to make it work for the people and the future of the children yet unborn. Also speaking on the meeting, the host, Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) said the meeting was about making the country a better place because what the country is having now cannot
be described as her best and that those at the meeting intend to deliver Nigeria’s best.
On skepticism that some people may express that the merger may not work, Governor Fashola said the commitment that the Governors bring to the table will certainly override any skepticism.
“I am convinced here that the full weight of ten of us Governors and many more who unfortunately could not make it today is a much more stronger force and the underlying reason is clearly how to make this place a better place” Governor Fashola stated.
Also speaking, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun said a lot of the other Governors who were not present at the meeting will come on board when they see the sincerity of the participants.
He noted the sincerity explains the seriousness attached to the meeting, adding that the Governors are determined and believes that with the support of all Nigerians the arrangement would work.
Responding to a question on what informed his attendance of the meeting, the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha said the merger has become necessary to save the country and its democracy and the likelihood of its being turned into a one party state. “I personally fully endorse this movement and
merger. We are on a rescue mission here and the essence is about making Nigeria a better nation”, the Imo State Governor added.
Zamfara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulazziz
Abubakar Yari while responding to a question on whether the merger talk is about unseating the Peoples Democratic Party, said it is about how to fix Nigeria in the right perspectives. He added that it is a question of asking if the people have been happy since 1999 till date when the Peoples Democratic Party has been in power adding that if the contrary has been the case then the leaders are duty bound to drive the people aright.
“We believe that the PDP has not done enough. We have the idea, the knowledge and the progressive intention to move the country forward. So, if you say that we are going to move PDP out of power, yes we are ready to do that, God willing”, Governor Yari emphasized.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by MrGlobe(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
berem: keep hating Rochas .He doesn't care what you haters think about him. I guess you are from Anambra.you can follow your governor who is already a sellout to pdp. Rochas has always being a detribalised Nigerian. you won't change that would you?
keep decieving yourself, there is nothing like a detribalized Nigerian. Rochas is selfish. too selfish for my liking. He should remember awolowo. At the end of the day he is on his own. You have the right to join him too in this looting emergency megaparty. nonsense
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by MrGlobe(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Whether folks know it or not, Rochas is actually well-liked by his colleagues from the North and the SW. A genuine political bridge-builder. Those qualities will certainly get him places. That is all I will say.
you fuking hypocrite, you have decided to sing his praises simply because he joined your fantasy party.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by warrior101: 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pygru: A panoply of thieves
cool
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by OrigamiIII: 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
Here now is the viable platform for the Buhari-Okonjo iweala ticket.Whichever way it is now a real formidable opposition.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nuzo1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
Most Anambrarians voted PPA candidates into house of assembly and LGAs. They went ahead and voted ACN candidate into Senate. They also voted an APGA candidate as governor. They didn't stop there, they voted a PDP candidate into presidency. Same trend took place in most states around the country.

What does this tell us?

We may deny it all we want but in recent times, Nigerians have never been known to vote for parties but for candidates and on ethnic and religious sentiments.

Candidates and the process of selection will determine the survival of the merger.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by joeyfire(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dandas: Nice development,but the issue will be how to endorse their presidential candidate, will it be Igbo,Hausa,Yoruba or South South,because na there wahala dey oo,as many of them may not agree.Lets see how it goes.

My brother we nigerians have really been through a lot. Imagine that after almost fourteen years of democracy there is still a feeling of our not having really taken off as a nation.

Imagine when everybody should be strategising on how to clobber the PDP to death in 2015 people will still dissipate energy on the presidential candidate's ethnicity
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nuzo':
Most Anambrarians voted PPA candidates into house of assembly and LGAs. They went ahead and voted ACN candidate into Senate. They also voted an APGA candidate as governor. They didn't stop there, they voted a PDP candidate into presidency. Same trend took place in most states around the country.

What does this tell us?

We may deny it all we want but in recent times, Nigerians have never been known to vote for parties but for candidates and on ethnic and religious sentiments.

Candidates and the process of selection will determine the survival of the merger.

Exactly!

No matter how people try to sugarcoat it, it won't work.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by sol2galay: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Seriously what good can come out of the conglomerates of proven toll-collecting, drug pushing, fraud perpetuating, Boko Haram nominated, terrorism sympathizing, Losers incorporated, regionally accented group of failing politicians who ran out of options. PDP is a national party, and have the biggest command of respect. With improved electricity for the masses, Glorified Airports for the middle class, and tax cuts for the upper class, UnderDogs stand no chance. By the way, the name of the New Group is called UNDERDOGS CONGLOMERATE OF THE GREEDY, UCG Party.

my bro i suppose as apatrotic nigerian you suppose to hail this move by the opposition parties,because i believe the beauty of democracy depends on the strenght of opposition. while we have been on these mess all these while was because the ruling party were strolling and not looking back cos the get the strong believe that no one is pursuing.it is a very good development my dear as either of the parties will tighten thier belt cos it is no more business as usual.,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olufemi Olu-Kayode's Reaction To Enugu Fulani Massacre / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Abakaliki Ebonyi State / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.