Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (19967 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / End of story. / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
So, If the Father should observe the Office for One-Month in which Everything is Rossy,Jolly and Sweet and give-out His daughter!!!

The following Month,the Suitor loses His Job ...... What is gonna happen ?

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
The Dad is correct , there are too many layabouts these days who will lie to get what they want.

Who wants to marry off their daughter to a man who might not be able to take care of her , talk less of the children.

6 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Coldfeet(f): 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thumbs up dad!! Daddies are not smiling this days o! A girl inlove will be blind to all the negative signs that may eventually pose a problem in the future. Its not about money or tribe as someone has already ascribed it to! One day when you have a daughter maybe you'll understand how hard it could be to see your 'little' girl suffer in her marriage. Where I come from a daughter is a daughter all her life!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
Some people do not understand this man's intention.
He is simply trying to ensure that his daughter does not fall into wrong hands.(simply protection)

2 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by geogino(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2013
baby_123: So people just show up with men and say daddy i want to marry. You guys dont date or court? na wa o. Any question my dad wants to ask and know would have been known while we were dating. Even known the parents sef, as soon as i tell him i am serious about this one. Anytime the guy comes, he and my dad will sit down and gist sef. Drink and laugh. Well i guess people are different sha, my own home is open and we talk about everything. No guy can come and pick me up from home or be dating me and my parents wont know him. Its impossible. But i know my dad would never have gone to his work place or ask about anything relating to money. He doesnt want to be thought of as ana tom tom. He would trust that i will do the investigation well and bring reports, and he just needs to make a few phone calls too. tongue. And i would never even agree to the proposal of a person i and my family hardly know. I kuku never lie to myself, so i used to do all my investigations. If i sense something funny, i bounce. Who get time for disgrace or waste of time. grin. I used to wonder how people will come on NL and open posts : "How do i tell my wife this or that", or "Is it right for my wife to do this and that". grin grin grin cheesy
As if you were reading my mind. I keep wondering how women are slammed into fake marriages. Abi d guy just popped out of no where and next thing you are married? Except the lady is also living a fake life. Gone are the days when people get married without dating. Women get wise,see the real picture and try not to easily get carried away.

2 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by geogino(m): 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by hbabe(f): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Nice move from the father. We have too many briefcase carrying men who do not have any office job but claim to be 'this' and 'that'. He should also check the payslip and bank account statement to be sure he is a genuine staff.
Nobody wants to be buying baby food for his grand-children from his monthly pension pay.

5 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Orikinla(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
frosbel: The Dad is correct , there are too many layabouts these days who will lie to get what they want.

Who wants to marry off their daughter to a man who might not be able to take care of her , talk less of the children.

Two thumbs up.

Majority of poor people are married couples in the ghettos, because the poor men married when they were not capable of starting a family.
To majority of Nigerian men, starting a family means impregnating women without even the provisions for the proper welfare of the children.
The most evil and wicked thing is to have a child in poverty and make the innocent child suffer in want and misery.
As we always say, DON'T BREED THEM IF YOU CANNOT FEED THEM.

3 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
Daddy has his head screwed on properly. This is wat i call on point. If suitor no like dat arrangement then he is not the man he is purporting to be. Better to find out now dan too late, later.

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by freenature: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=14pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked lol thats quite funnie----------- but to consider the man's action or statement i believe he just doesn't want his daughter to fall into the hands of a man who can't care for her and not into some1 who claims to be what he's not ........... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by donsax: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
Vikin: cheesy
It happened to my younger sister, this one from South Africa came calling to marry my sister. My dad enquiry about his job and he said he was a lecturer in SA.

Anyway, Popsi demanded on the condition that him ( Popsi) wil visit his office in SA before giving out his precious daughter.
The guy demanded for my sister to visit or my dad should google the Internet and find out about the school himself.

Anyway, Popsi said that he will do the visit not his daughter. cheesy

It never work out though, she is now with her new hubby.

Poster, parents do this to make sure their children don't go into a marriage that will probably fail or bring trouble to their wards. Especially the Igbo ppl, they believe in marriage is for better for worst. Let him come over to visit your friend, he shouldn't be worried if he has nothing to hide.

Why is everything on many topic always full with this quote *Especially the Igbo ppl* so other tribe marriage is not for better for worst?? Shior!!! Ibo trabalism in nigeria over other tribe is far worst than the racism between the white and the black....always feel superior in all ways somehow.....mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by greaterlove(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
Correct father in law, one of my most nervous day was when I met my father in law for the first time. O boy see jamb questions, I later learnt the old man sent some people to investigate my family, they even waka reach my village o. Its normal for a father to do so, I wll do same for my daughter. Op as long as your cousin has nothing to fear he should chill, once daddy is satisfied they will end up being good friends.

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
Daddy is not smilling!!!!
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thats awesome, if he has nothing to hide, then he has nothing to worry about.
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nazcoj(m): 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
First of all, its Bride Price not Dowry, the latter is what a newly married lady takes to her new home as her contribution for the new family. It is predominant in India, where so much is attached to Dowry(gift from the family of the bride). Thanks
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thorpe85: i don't blame the father, there are so many guys into clearing and forwarding . I think this is a case of are u who u say u are?
*clearing and forwarding*

I laugh sotey I hit head for computer.
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Konnektions146(m): 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
nice one, i can do stuff like this, i ve even did a background check severally on dates .

i would do same to anyone i care about but i may have to inform the person and make sure he is cool with a check.

people getting smarter.
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Vikin:

It's not about being hungry, with what the society is turning into, I don't blame them trying to know where their daughters are being married into
Men stop that,are u telling me that the girl is under 18 years or what? am an Ibo boy and i hv 4 sisters 3 is married and we don,t do that in our Family.Am the only boy and an yet to marry but if i wish to and i come and across this condition,then the father hv to marry her Daughter himself.

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by ekea2001: 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2013
nice post here..days are here when Akpors is on the street with guyman's jacket.Let us hear word,let him investigate!
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by greaterlove(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
baby_123: So people just show up with men and say daddy i want to marry. You guys dont date or court? na wa o. Any question my dad wants to ask and know would have been known while we were dating. Even known the parents sef, as soon as i tell him i am serious about this one. Anytime the guy comes, he and my dad will sit down and gist sef. Drink and laugh. Well i guess people are different sha, my own home is open and we talk about everything. No guy can come and pick me up from home or be dating me and my parents wont know him. Its impossible. But i know my dad would never have gone to his work place or ask about anything relating to money. He doesnt want to be thought of as ana tom tom. He would trust that i will do the investigation well and bring reports, and he just needs to make a few phone calls too. tongue. And i would never even agree to the proposal of a person i and my family hardly know. I kuku never lie to myself, so i used to do all my investigations. If i sense something funny, i bounce. Who get time for disgrace or waste of time. grin. I used to wonder how people will come on NL and open posts : "How do i tell my wife this or that", or "Is it right for my wife to do this and that". grin grin grin cheesy
I understand your position, but a lot of people live and work in a different state or country to where their parents resides, and all they the parents know about the guy is what their daughter tells them over the phone and we young people can be carried away when in love. So when a situation like that arises daddy has to shine his eyes.

1 Like

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by victorian(f): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
ekea2001: nice post here..days are here when Akpors is on the street with guyman's jacket.Let us hear word,let him investigate!

grin grin grin I no fit laugh..... Na wa... Ha! Guys...I hail Una.... cheesy
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by obi123: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
people are being careful, too much is happening these days , 2 eyes is now not enough , Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, personal visits, investigations in fact anything that can give an insight to someone's background should be used before anything like marriage is agreed .
if an employer does background check before employing someone how much more a man giving his daughter out in marriage .i suspect that i will do worse when it comes to my child , i will hate to see my child go through heartbreak that could have been avoided

4 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by dammytosh: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
The question should have been , what is the motive ?

The guy spends most of his time in the office. He might want to use it to unravel the kind of person he is. Don't you think that you will be a foolish Father to give out your daughter to a jobless guy who is not bold enough to tell you his true position and how he intends to make end meet ?

He did not ask to go and check out his house to get a sense of his properties. That is when we can talk about hunger.

That is how we keep missing out in vital things because this generation is so arrogant to think we know more than our parents.

Let me shock you, people in your Boy Friend's office knows who the true wife to be is and the kind of lifestyle he lives. For all you care, following her to her Dad might just be the key he needs to unhindered free sex for the time being. Ask guys how many fathers some met before marrying. You will understand that it is foolish to conclude you already have a guy's heart because he came to see your father.

Should i also add that they probably understand you husband's sexuality / thinking more than you think you do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
donsax:

Why is everything on many topic always full with this quote *Especially the Igbo ppl* so other tribe marriage is not for better for worst?? Shior!!! Ibo trabalism in nigeria over other tribe is far worst than the racism between the white and the black....always feel superior in all ways somehow.....mtcheew
U see it my bro/ sis
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by stagger: 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
Better to confirm before it is too late. Don't want to tell you the story of 2 of my class girls in school that got married to guys living in Europe and SA. They became widows after one year.

The worst thing is for one's daughter to get hooked up with someone who is into drug business or 19 moves. You never know how far the damage could go.

2 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Christo724(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
I really dont see any thing wrong in that, may be the man wants to be sure of what u told him abut ur work and office.

2 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by devour129: 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
[b][/b]if mi dad did this in mi sisters case,she wouldn't living in "death beta pass" life in usa.mi sista have always been very exceptional ! she went to the gifted school,came out tops at unec medical school with the best result,came out tops in houseman-ship at UK,they one bastard came and mi sis fell hard,married and moved to usa.she got there and found out the man was married and had a daughter and was only hoping mi dad will take of his problems.mi sis calls sometimes crying that she is tired of life and this is a medical doctor.you know you take some exams over there before you are qualified to practice but this bastard keeps getting mi sis pregnant but thank God after three years,she has finished,and now she is about to start working,the bast claimed he wants to do his masters he never did all the years he was loofing around there.AND SOME IDAITS THAT WILL SAY MAYBE MI FATHER WAS GREEDY,THE GUY IS FROM MI VILLAGE,HIS FATHER IS LATE AND MI DAD HAS BEEN HELPING THERE FAMILY EVEN BEFORE HE MET MI SIS.MI DAD JUST THOUGHT BECAUSE OF HE KNEW HIS LATE FATHER AND HIS MOTHER THAT THE BOY MUST BE A GOOD PERSON WITHOUT SENDING SOMEONE OVER THERE TO CHECK HIM OUT.like one poster said,in igboland,marriage is for better for worse,this marriage has not only killed my sisters spirit,it has also killed my parents spirit to the extent my dad has told my sister to come back and he will open a hospital for her.so PLZ PARENTS SHINE YOUR EYES FOR BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS ! SOME GIRLS ARE EVIL SPIRIT THAT CAN DESTROY TOO

4 Likes

Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by greaterlove(m): 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
dammytosh: The question should have been , what is the motive ?

The guy spends most of his time in the office. He might want to use it to unravel the kind of person he is. Don't you think that you will be a foolish Father to give out your daughter to a jobless guy who is not bold enough to tell you his true postition and how he intends to make end meet ?

He did not ask to go and check out his house to get a sense of his properties. That is when we can talk about hunger.

That is how we keep missing out in vital things because this generation is so arrogant to think we know more than our parents.

Let me shock you, people in your Boy Friend's office knows who the true wife to be is and the kind of lifstyle he lives.

Should i also add that they probably understand you husband's sexuality / thinking more than you think you do.

you are on point. 1000 likes
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Freiburger(m): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
If men were God. undecided
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by somegirl1: 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
smart man, many fakes around.

Note: He didn't ask to see the suitor's bank balance so he is far from "hungry" as some have labelled him.

As a good father who has his daughter's interest at heart, he just wanted to know that the man was what he said he was and perhaps not an armed robber or con man.

I applaud him for making the effort.
Re: Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
What is the man investigating and why all this investigating bullcrap! If all men were this inquisitive and investigating,then I don't see the truck pusher, mason man, okada rider, cab driver,petty trader,even aboki that shines shoes ever getting married. People should relax this 'financial security' issues and be more concerned about the happiness of their wards.
Proper check should only be done in the health status of the intending couple,family history and religious compatibility.
If a man is not buoyant enough the woman can as well shoulder responsibility if she is capable or well groomed to do that. There is no law in marriage that state a man must work in shell or be a professor before a wife is allocated to him after all no man in his sane nature will venture into marriage without doing something economically except his woman encourages him on.

A gateman is likely to investigate too before handing over his educated daughter to a prospective hubby because he wouldn't want his daughter to marry a gateman like him while he lives peaceful and in harmony with his wife. Then we are likely to have a population of gatemen with no wives. Mtcheeeeeeeeew!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How Husband Died After Returning From Church / Advice To All The Single Ladies In The House / Man Untangling His Wife's Locks, Sings Daddy Showkey's Song For Her (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.