Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? (17353 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Where Do You Stand With Illuminati Theories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by abifoluwa: 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
Smh, live and let others live.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nonybb: Am sorry for u too, and do u knw where fela is now?

Six feet under after smoking pot all his life and shagging hundreds of women.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
yung da maz: cant believe am hearing such words frm Gods creatures....There is a way dat seemeth right 2 every man but d end thereof is destructn,..,beta repent while Gods grace stil abound or rot in hell with satan nd ur nonsesical beliefs@atheists

Repent from from being courageous to dare your blood and prasie thirsty diety.

Like someone rightly said, your god should get an ipod filled with christian worship songs! That is if he exists
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by staintemres(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
991: 'The gullibility of the brain of an average nigerian church goer' why must it be about gaining before you choose your stand??
that's why pastors are making millions weekly out of your ignorance and gullible minds.
they just quote few verses of the same bible you have at home, and you shout Ameeeen!!! I claim it!! etc. then you give them 10% of your earning, you sing, dance and go home hungry.
in return, all you stand to gain is promises of life after death, etc.

....I sorry for Africa - Femi Anikulapo Kuti
Seriously?
I used to believe atheist dnt exist in Africa. Ʊ must believe in something.
The fools says in their heart their is no God. I prefer my pastor to decive me and collect my 10percent than for the devil to tell me their is no God. It sickening. I wonder y this atheist issues is more and more being rampant in the forum.
Don't be decieved. It doesn't matter wat Ʊ believe. THE IS A GOD.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
staint emres:
Seriously?
The fools says in their heart their is no God. I prefer my pastor to decive me and collect my 10percent than for the devil to tell me their is no God. It sickening. I wonder y this atheist issues is more and more being rampant in the forum.

You are a silly for preferring your private-jet flying pastor milk your dumb as for some moronic salvation you will never get.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
staint emres:
Seriously?

It takes a WISE person to say there is no god.

You are definitely living in fear. Fear means something is wrong with your belief .

Get yourself fixed .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nonybb: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Some of u here claiming atheism are weak, fearful and coward. Scream "there is no God" x3, three times in the middle of the night by 12am every monday, wednesday and friday and see how ur life goes away immediately. Jst try this at home, this is not smack down or afterburn...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Unluvable(f): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
So if there were no promised benefits in religion, humans would have discarded it long ago. People don't really care about God, they are in it for the gain. Strictly business!!, that's just sad angry

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nonybb: Some of u here claiming atheism are weak, fearful and coward. Scream "there is no God" x3, three times in the middle of the night by 12am every monday, wednesday and friday and see how ur life goes away immediately. Jst try this at home, this is not smack down or afterburn...

I guess a lot of atheist don'w have mental issues like you to be screaming during the night expecting something to happen.

Try and visit a mental health professional.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reality, life as we know it to be, refusing religion lies, rationality,to be inquisitive, eagerness to learn, progress, etc.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto: If there's nothing after death, just like there was nothing before birth, then you have nothing to lose. But you'd have lost a lot while living : the prayers, fasting, religious activities, tithes etc...

The atheist/agnostics loses nothing both ways, IMO. Most atheists hold themselves responsible for their actions and seek to enjoy the experience of this one life.

On the other hand, if I die and meet the Christian God (i'd leave out other Gods at the moment in order not to derail this thread), I'd be shocked... And I would ask him a lot questions before he flips my sorry a55 to hell...

So what exactly is there to lose? The thought of singing all eternity long in heaven isn't an appealing one. God better get an ipod...

I couldn't help but burst into laughter when i was reading your post.You said christian have lost a lot when living you made metion of prayer, fasting, tithe and and all church activities' You are a lazy man. Are you saying you are loosing something when you are speaking?prayer and fasting is an exercise to our body. Concerning tithe, do you loose if you give money to beggar? I don't think you can give money to the beggar. Some beggars are more rich than people that were given then money. For this reason, you don't loose what you can afford that you willingly give out. Apart from this, can you tell me if there can be any remembrance of what you have done when living on earth after death?if there wil not be remembrance of that.it shows that the problems passed or overcame are no longer problems.

'You are seeking to enjoy the expirence of this one life' How will you enjoy this one life, that christians can not?I think that is the answer iam expecting for my question. You have wife, we have.you are walking, christian are walking etc.what do you stand to gain? The only things atheists can do that Christians can not do are. You can be a wumonizer, you can be practising homosexuality. Drinking alcohol,smoking cigarette, marijuna,wearing indecent dresses, killing,stealing etc. If you are an atheist and you dislike all those things i made mentioned above,then, why did you reject God ?what did God demands from you that is so difficult to do? The law of God is perfect.

My friend don't wait untill when God will flip your a55 fit to hell .

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nonybb: Am sorry for u too, and do u knw where fela is now?

who's talking about fela here?? has your delusion reached the extent of not being able to read and understand a simple sentence. am more sorry for you, your pope is resigning soon, the world would be better off if you don't elect another, or better still all of you resign alongside him.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by RedLight1: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
staint emres:
Seriously?
u use to believe that there is no atheist in Africa ... That's becos Africa is the most brainwashed continent in world ... Yet the most poor and backward .... U can give ur 10% to A pastor that promise u heaven that u can proof or to god u are not sure of his existence .... If at all his exist ... He is nothing but a racist, a killer, to mention few
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nonybb: Some of u here claiming atheism are weak, fearful and coward. Scream "there is no God" x3, three times in the middle of the night by 12am every monday, wednesday and friday and see how ur life goes away immediately. Jst try this at home, this is not smack down or afterburn...

I know it is hard for you to understand .. It really isnt your fault though, the system of brainwash has been going on in Africa for a few centuries

Christians are mostly useless to the economic growth of a country. They are often lazy and contribute nothing because they are busy waiting in vain for a false saviour.

Let us assume you actually get to "heaven" you will be of no use because you have the mentality of a slave. On earth you are useless, on another planet,you will equally be non useful.

If there is heaven, it will need the most intelligent people on earth .

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Seeeeeeee: 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
991:

I believe in MYSELF and nothing else, always do the right thing no
matter what is written, do the best I can and face the future with
bride.
I face the future with groom.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ayomivic:

I couldn't help but burst into laughter when i was reading your post.You said christian have lost a lot when living you made metion of prayer, fasting, tithe and and all church activities' You are a lazy man. Are you saying you are loosing something when you are speaking?prayer and fasting is an exercise to our body. Concerning tithe, do you loose if you give money to beggar? I don't think you can give money to the beggar. Some beggars are more rich than people that were given then money. For this reason, you don't loose what you can afford that you willingly give out. Apart from this, can you tell me if there can be any remembrance of what you have done when living on earth after death?if there wil not be remembrance of that.it shows that the problems passed or overcame are no longer problems.

'You are seeking to enjoy the expirence of this one life' How will you enjoy this one life, that christians can not?I think that is the answer iam expecting for my question. You have wife, we have.you are walking, christian are walking etc.what do you stand to gain? The only things atheists can do that Christians can not do are. You can be a wumonizer, you can be practising homosexuality. Drinking alcohol,smoking cigarette, marijuna,wearing indecent dresses, killing,stealing etc. If you are an atheist and you dislike all those things i made mentioned above,then, why did you reject God ?what did God demands from you that is so difficult to do? The law of God is perfect.

My friend don't wait untill when God will flip your a55 fit to hell .

In your ramble, you have stated what atheist have to gain but you have not stated anything christians stand to gain (I am not including xtian pastors that will fly private jet and live in mansions o).

Basically, all you did was state athiests gain more than christians.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

In your ramble, you have stated what atheist have to gain but you have not stated anything christians stand to gain (I am not including xtian pastors that will fly private jet and live in mansions o).

Basically, all you did was state athiests gain more than christians.
Atheists have more planes than pastors. Enjoying planes is Atheist idea pastors stole when they find out theres nothing to enjoy in heaven. Have you forgotten the biblical quotation "It is easier for a Camel to pass through eye of a need than for a rich man to enter heaven"? These pastorprenuers know what they are doing.

You can better understand that from one of Fela Kuti's famous songs.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
What is the reason for doing what you are doing?

If you don't have a defined purpose, you will be running around in circles.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by simongonner: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
When you die,you decay,decomposers feeds on you..thats all ooo..SHIKENA
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
staint emres:
Seriously?

oh yea!! there is, a god who can make a universe over 28 billion light years across containing billions of stars and planets just so that a few evolved apes on one single, insignificant planet can worship him… but he can’t be bothered to help starving babies and dying innocent people whom he claims to have created in his own image? religion is funny, sometimes it sounds like circumcision, If you wait until someone is 21 to tell him/her about circumcision they probably won’t be interested.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
all4naija: Atheists have more planes than pastors. Enjoying planes is Atheist idea pastors stole when they find out theres nothing to enjoy in heaven. Have you forgotten the biblical quotation "It is easier for a Camel to pass through eye of a need than for a rich man to enter heaven"? These pastorprenuers know what they are doing.

You can better understand that from one of Fela Kuti's famous songs.

The pastors know the congregation are as intelligent as sheep, that is why they call them sheep.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ckkris: 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
My brain has been washed free from secret societies, from all kinds of HUMANISM. I'm not addicted to anything.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
991:

oh yea!! there is, a god who can make a universe over 28 billion light years across containing billions of stars and planets just so that a few evolved apes on one single, insignificant planet can worship him… but he can’t be bothered to help starving babies and dying innocent people whom he claims to have created in his own image? religion is funny, sometimes it sounds like circumcision, If you wait until someone is 21 to tell him/her about circumcision they probably won’t be interested.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Brilliant points!

Watching starving babies is part of that God's trials and tribulations testing of their commitment to him. It would be a testimony in future.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
The answer is simple "Nothing" atheist with no offense are dumb geeks... They are book smart but they arnt wise because through wisdom comes from God. So atheist re-think!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

The pastors know the congregation are as intelligent as sheep, that is why they call them sheep.
grin grin grin grin . I can as well just call them intelligent sheep. 'Dolly the sheep' is more intelligent in this regard.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
dvdon: The answer is simple "Nothing" atheist with no offense are dumb geeks... They are book smart but they arnt wise because through wisdom comes from God. So atheist re-think!

And you are wise by following some crap written by illiterate medieval men without any proof?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
dvdon: The answer is simple "Nothing" atheist with no offense are dumb geeks... They are book smart but they arnt wise because through wisdom comes from God. So atheist re-think!
At the moment it something worth it but in the longer run it is 'nothing' that is a fact, as your said. Yes, I would rather use the moment I have now than sacrifice it for fairy tales.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by RedLight1: 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
all4naija: At the moment it something worth it but in the longer run it is 'nothing' that is a fact, as your said. Yes, I would rather use the moment I have now than sacrifice it for fairy tales.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by demitola(m): 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
Someone askd a questn someday, dat pple who acknowledge d existence of God spontaneously say smtin like 'choi, tnk God dat crazy driver dint run me down! Or tnk God d ball finaly enters 2d back of d net!' bt as an atheist, at such sharp moments, who do u acknowledge wid a heart of gratefulness?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2013

Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3,700 supernatural beings, of which 2,870 can be considered deities. So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,” I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me. I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.
- Ricky Gervais

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by free2ryhme: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Area_boy: well, when you need a reward to believe in what you do? It tells a lot about you.

need I say more? undecided

For us Christians we don't need rewards to believe in what we do ... we know the truth.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ENDSARS Protest: "Don't Use Force" - Archbishop Alfred Martins Urges Government / Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto-fufeyin (owomomo 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.