Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? (17354 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Where Do You Stand With Illuminati Theories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 6:39am On Feb 25, 2013
kj_hova: There was this funny incident I remember:

My little nephew read about Elijah & the charriot of fire trip to heaven. The 14 years old asked me why god didn't pick Elijah with an aeroplane or a spaceship like in Ben 10?!?!? What do I tell this dude?
hahahahahahah. . . .tell him because God does not have a spaceship or a Private Gulf stream but his servants do. . .lol. . . Aint that a bitch
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by kjhova(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2013
rhymz: hahahahahahah. . . .tell him because God does not have a spaceship or a Private Gulf stream but his servants do. . .lol. . . Aint that a bitch

It does seem to me that god(s) is/are restricted to current technologies. i.e. Moses trecked, Elijah & David rode in Chariots, Paul was ferried in ocean going ships while Oyedepo hip hops the planet in GS500 or GS650 PJs!

As humans do not have the capacity to imagine what eyes have never seen, the writers of the ancient books were trapped in the limitation of their senses.

What someone referred to as "Anthropomorphism" in earlier posts simply mean ascribing your limitations to an unlimited being. Perhaps, there are no unlimited entities in the spectrum. The more we understand natures laws, the less regard we would have for the gods.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
All i know be sey God dey, even Heaven and Hell REAL! The testimonies of people wey die but come back don do for a proof.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
kj_hova:

It does seem to me that god(s) is/are restricted to current technologies. i.e. Moses trecked, Elijah & David rode in Chariots, Paul was ferried in ocean going ships while Oyedepo hip hops the planet in GS500 or GS650 PJs!

As humans do not have the capacity to imagine what eyes have never seen, the writers of the ancient books were trapped in the limitation of their senses.

What someone referred to as "Anthropomorphism" in earlier posts simply mean ascribing your limitations to an unlimited being. Perhaps, there are no unlimited entities in the spectrum. The more we understand natures laws, the less regard we would have for the gods.
What many people don't understand is that even God has a killer, and guess who the killer is: Mr knowledge. Once one realizes that the whole God thing is a sham, man's creation to control en mass, God will die a natural death in the light of such revelation. That is why religion is so afraid of any knowledge that will seek to ask rational questions about him or his claim to such irrational qualities that humans ascribe to him. God thrives in illiteracy, mysteries, secrecy, fear, threat and endless promises. In this case, the satan is science as it is the basis of every knowledge.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well said, African prince smiley

you could'nt answer the question i asked you in one of your post. you are here saying 'well said'
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
yorubaamerican:

I think most athiests gain their sanity. Let's face it, their position is much more sane than believing that a snake and a donkey actually spoke.

liar
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ayomivic:

you could'nt answer the question i asked you in one of your post. you are here saying 'well said'

Pls point me to the question
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

check my posts you will see where i asked you whether gay and lesbianism good or not?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

check my posts on this thread, you will see where i asked you whether gay and lesbianism good or not.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ayomivic:

check my posts you will see where i asked you whether gay and lesbianism good or not?

pretty much a loaded question. (a side-winder in my opinion) y'see being gay or lesbian generally is as much a personal issue as being a Born-again Christian or Suicidal-Muslim. when you ask this type of question, you cannot expect to get an objective answer (unless f'course you are at a Gay Parade or Lesbian Convention). I could easily ask you to get the answers from openly Gay and Lesbian Christian Priests since it shoudl give you a much deeper insight than an Atheist (assuming you are Christian).. just saying
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

pretty much a loaded question. (a side-winder in my opinion) y'see being gay or lesbian generally is as much a personal issue as being a Born-again Christian or Suicidal-Muslim. when you ask this type of question, you cannot expect to get an objective answer (unless f'course you are at a Gay Parade or Lesbian Convention). I could easily ask you to get the answers from openly Gay and Lesbian Christian Priests since it shoudl give you a much deeper insight than an Atheist (assuming you are Christian).. just saying

See how you twisted my question. I asked direct question ,Just tell us if gay and lesbianism is good.

Where is logicboy? I want him to answer this question too
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by yorubaamerican(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ayomivic:

liar

Liar?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by kjhova(m): 12:00am On Feb 26, 2013
Ayomivic:

check my posts on this thread, you will see where i asked you whether gay and lesbianism good or not.

Ok, if you indeed want to have the atheist's view on this, it'll be twofold; conservative atheists will it's bad while liberal atheists will say it's not a problem. Before you go into shock, please note that liberal christians also feel it's not a problem.
Sexual orientation has got more to do with the debate between conservation & liberty rather than religion & atheism.
For the sake of full disclosure, kindly be informed that I am a core liberal & thus a homophile apologist. This means I fully support the right of gay people to live their gay lives as they please in so far as they do not break extant laws & they do not force others into their lifestyle.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2013
kj_hova:

Ok, if you indeed want to have the atheist's view on this, it'll be twofold; conservative atheists will it's bad while liberal atheists will say it's not a problem. Before you go into shock, please note that liberal christians also feel it's not a problem.
Sexual orientation has got more to do with the debate between conservation & liberty rather than religion & atheism.
For the sake of full disclosure, kindly be informed that I am a core liberal & thus a homophile apologist. This means I fully support the right of gay people to live their gay lives as they please in so far as they do not break extant laws & they do not force others into their lifestyle.

A gay/lesbian? Oh my God, what are humans turning into even for this 9ja! That means you also support bestiality!! #schocked#
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ijawkid(m): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Ortarico:

A gay/lesbian? Oh my God, what are humans turning into even for this 9ja! That means you also support bestiality!! #schocked#

Don't get shocked my bro....all we have are spiritually crazed people who want to do what they like.......let them have there fill........what ever they sow they'll surely reap.........
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by kjhova(m): 9:07am On Feb 26, 2013
Ortarico:

While you are still in shock, please be informed that as of now there are more christian apologists of same sex people than are muslims, budhists or even atheists. At least this is true for the West.

As you recover from the shock, be educated also that as English grammar go, there's a world of difference between support for gay rights & support for gay lifestyle. As an atheist, I'm fair enough to accommodate other people with different life view. I wouldn't expect a bigoted religionist to understand this, thou.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2013
Ayomivic:

See how you twisted my question. I asked direct question ,Just tell us if gay and lesbianism is good.

you asked an embedded question.. but let us skip that. IMHO I think it is just "bad" behavior nothing more. so please spare us the self-immolation... it reeks, your question was not twisted in anyway, i just pointed out that you cannot simplify what is obviously a personal opinion as a generality or norm. which is what you are doing BTW. just as you cannot accept when someone asks you "Does God Exist" and a simple yes is enough... I only offered or suggested that if you want a general answer (which is what you really want) why not asks openly Gay & Lesbian priests. they at least have found acceptance within a substantial Christian community so well that they are allowed to continue. Don't you reason it the best place to start? (embedded question)
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by kjhova(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Ortarico:

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2013
Ayomivic:

Good and bad do not apply to being gay. I am not gay and I can not judge 2 people on what the they consent to in their bedroom. I cant be gay and gay people cant be straight.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good and bad do not apply to being gay. I am not gay and I can not judge 2 people on what the they consent to in their bedroom. I cant be gay and gay people cant be straight.

I think we are approaching gradually to where we are going.

When i started this thread atheists were saying that they didn't stand to gaing anything for being an atheist.But, i believed atheists were saying that to hide their identification. They kept the blood inside and spat out the white saliva.

Logicboy03, lagerwhenindoubt did not want to accept defeat, that was the reason they did not want to give direct answer to my question because they aware of what christians will think about them.logicboy03 was not much concern about gay and lesbian but much concern about christianity. But thank to kj knova, a man of truth. He said he did not see anything bad about gay and lesbianism. If you did not see anything wrong about something ,it mean you too can do that thing.

Now, i can say point-blank that what atheists stand to gain for being in atheitsm is immoralities. Atheists knew that, the only person that can stand in their immoral ways is God.that was the reason they denounced God, so that they can have free conscience in wrong things they do.

Men who have no god have nothing to fear and men who have nothing to fear can do anythings both morals and immorals. Unlike christians. If christians did bad thing .people would say ' he called himself christian' because they knew that christian's God hate bad things because it's written in scripture and christians must fear their God.

Some people who believed in existence of God are evils talkless of people that fear nothing.

What did God demands from us? God demands nothing than to know him and flee or shun all immoralities. How does these hard for atheists if they are not lovers of immoralities?

Atheists ! it is hard for you to kick against the pricks. Believe in God and you will be saved
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

I think we are approaching gradually to where we are going.

When i started this thread atheists were saying that they didn't stand to gaing anything for being an atheist.But, i believed atheists were saying that to hide their identification. They kept the blood inside and spat out the white saliva.

Logicboy03, lagerwhenindoubt did not want to accept defeat, that was the reason they did not want to give direct answer to my question because they aware of what christians will think about them.logicboy03 was not much concern about gay and lesbian but much concern about christianity. But thank to kj knova, a man of truth. He said he did not see anything bad about gay and lesbianism. If you did not see anything wrong about something ,it mean you too can do that thing.

Now, i can say point-blank that what atheists stand to gain for being in atheitsm is immoralities. Atheists knew that, the only person that can stand in their immoral ways is God.that was the reason they denounced God, so that they can have free conscience in wrong things they do.

Men who have no god have nothing to fear and men who have nothing to fear can do anythings both morals and immorals. Unlike christians. If christians did bad thing .people would say ' he called himself christian' because they knew that christian's God hate bad things because it's written in scripture and christians must fear their God.

Some people who believed in existence of God are evils talkless of people that fear nothing.

What did God demands from us? God demands nothing than to know him and flee or shun all immoralities. How does these hard for atheists if they are not lovers of immoralities?

Atheists ! it is hard for you to kick against the pricks. Believe in God and you will be saved
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^^ it took you that long to vomit the thoughtless summation no doubt. perhaps your christian brothers will like to extricate you from this gooey mess. how do you explain child-molesters in the christian community .. even in the christian church, you do not have to go far. you obviously have a problem associating 1 and 2 yet you miraculously come up with 10 as the answer. is this how you intend to portray your christ-like qualities
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: ^^^ it took you that long to vomit the thoughtless summation no doubt. perhaps your christian brothers will like to extricate you from this gooey mess. how do you explain child-molesters in the christian community .. even in the christian church, you do not have to go far. you obviously have a problem associating 1 and 2 yet you miraculously come up with 10 as the answer. is this how you intend to portray your christ-like qualities

The guy's brain is only partially functioning from an overdose of religious hopium.

Mtchew. This is what religion (especially Abrahamic) does to people; making them confident about what they do not understand.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:46am On Mar 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

The guy's brain is only partially functioning from an overdose of religious hopium.

Mtchew. This is what religion (especially Abrahamic) does to people; making them confident about what they do not understand.

what does your atheistsm religion do to you. atheistsm is killing you softly.tell me how you come join atheistsm.is it your forefather's belief or religion? Please take this back to where you got it.we are african and this thing you and your colleaque brought is an abomination to us.

If atheists search themself vividly, they will see the reason they denounce God.what they stand to gain. They denounced God not because there is no God but because they want to free themself from the law of God.they are seeking freedom from God's law so that,they can enjoy the world they did not create beyonds God's law.

Atheist,let me ask you. Since the days or years you denounced God, have you satisfied by the world ?have you give your body,your heart the maximum enjoyment it wants to the extent of satisfaction? I doubt that because the mouth and stomarch does not know i ate yesterday.the death is at the conner laughing at you. one day he will get hold of you and drag you to the God you hate and denounced.

Buy wisdom.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: ^^^ it took you that long to vomit the thoughtless summation no doubt. perhaps your christian brothers will like to extricate you from this gooey mess. how do you explain child-molesters in the christian community .. even in the christian church, you do not have to go far. you obviously have a problem associating 1 and 2 yet you miraculously come up with 10 as the answer. is this how you intend to portray your christ-like qualities

i have told you, there is no truth in you.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ayomivic:

i have told you, there is no truth in you.
I am filled with lies then.. or nothing? grin grin grin you do have that occasional worth for laughs
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by hardeiluxie: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
musKeeto:
If there's nothing after death, just like there was nothing before birth, then you have nothing to lose. But you'd have lost a lot while living : the prayers, fasting, religious activities, tithes etc...

The atheist/agnostics loses nothing both ways, IMO. Most atheists hold themselves responsible for their actions and seek to enjoy the experience of this one life.

On the other hand, if I die and meet the Christian God (i'd leave out other Gods at the moment in order not to derail this thread), I'd be shocked... And I would ask him a lot questions before he flips my sorry a55 to hell...

So what exactly is there to lose? The thought of singing all eternity long in heaven isn't an appealing one. God better get an ipod...
Nd u tink u've jst made sense.......Ayam sorry 4 u

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

ENDSARS Protest: "Don't Use Force" - Archbishop Alfred Martins Urges Government / Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto-fufeyin (owomomo 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.