Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? (17351 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Where Do You Stand With Illuminati Theories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2013
musKeeto:
And while he gives a few a chance to repent, a million are suffering as a result of their sins. What a useless God...
And you think that the lives suffering is as a result of God's negligence? The devil inspired are the ones that have given the devil strategies to afflict and make people suffer and curse God. He's not to be blamed, he saves his people who call on him, so be wise!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2013
opeoluwa2:

Atheist to be??
Never!!!!!!!
I had an encounter with christ when I was a child. When I was too young to understand spiritual issues.
I did anyway,I'm too old to do otherwise.
I believe there is God.
I don't serve God primarily because of heaven,but because I have a relationship with him and I love him.

what type of relationship do you have with God than to fear and obey him? The bible says 'fear God and keep his commandment'

Nobody ever walked with God and regret.God has reward for every obedient child whether you like it or not. Our God is not god that always demand without given.
So, what are you saying? Are you saying God should keep his promises to himself ?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2013
all4naija: Anything after death is what we done know than assumption. To be inquisitive is not of the religionists, they are always satisfied with every lie put before them and wonder. Mathematical explanations for that make more senses than imagining what doesn't exist.

It is clear that the problem with religionist is NOTHING they ponder about it and fail to understand it.
see this one, you called what you don't know assumption. How do you know is an assumption?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2013
Ortarico:
And you think that the lives suffering is as a result of God's negligence? The devil inspired are the ones that have given the devil strategies to afflict and make people suffer and curse God. He's not to be blamed, he saves his people who call on him, so be wise!
Of course, it's God's negligence. Why give a few longer lives so they can have a better shot at repentance, while their actions continue to harm others? Is their life worth more than the rest? Can you use common sense for once and stop trying to absolve your dog of all responsibilites?

If he's happy to claim he created the skies and rivers, he should also take responsible for hurricanes, earthquakes and floods...
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2013
ifeness:

There is no such thing as black power. Power is Power whether it is miss-used or not.

Ancient africans,egyptians were aware of the secrets of the universe .all these knowledge were taken from us before the brainwash of our parents started. The same knowledge are being kept by secret societies. The few people who got the old knowledge now use it to their advantage e.g destroying their fellow humans.

Keep your mouth shut if you look into the bible alone. You know next to nothing!

where did your fathers get the power you said they took from them and what kind of power wast that?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 11:40am On Feb 22, 2013
Bandy10: What do atheist stand to gain? They tend to gain freedom.Freedom from any god or goblins. They see things from the common sense of view

You said freedom,what do you mean by freedom? Does God enslave atheists before? If yes, how? On what aspect of life do they have freedom?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2013
nep2ra: I laugh at these Nigerian Christians suffering from extreme inferiority complex! So worshipping a Jewish God will get you to heaven. Seriously
Have you ever sat down to think and ask yourself where your African ancestors were when this Jewish God revealed Himself to Isrealites? Why were your ancestors left out of this experience?
Ignorant zombies will later start shouting "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, help us!" No wonder this God has forsaken Nigerians. He is not your God. Go find yours and leave the God of the Isrealites alone!

But you still don't worship what your African ancetors worshiped. Are you saying they are ignoramus too
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ortarico:
Smh...now my conclusion is "Athiests are the most miserable people on Earth!"
Wouldn't you love for someone to simply show you the evidence for God's existence? No arm-twisting. No statements of, "You just have to believe." Well, here is a brief attempt to candidly offer some of the reasons which suggest that God exists. But first consider this. When it comes to the possibility of God's existence, the Bible says that there are people who have seen sufficient evidence, but they have suppressed the truth about God. On the other hand, for those who want to know God if he's there, he says, "You will seek me & find me, when you seek me with all your heart, I'll be found by you."

Does God exist? Here are six straight-forward reasons to believe that God is really there; Before you look @ the facts surrounding God's existence, ask yourself, if God does exist, would I want to know him? Consider.....
1. The complexity of our planet point to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.
2. The universe had a start-what caused it?
3. The universe operates by uniform laws of nature, why does it?
4. The DNA code informs, programs a cell's behaviour!
5. We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating & seeking for us to come to him.
6. Unlike any other revelation of God, Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God revealing himself to us. Why Jesus?
Look throughout the major religions & you'll find out that Buddha, Muhammed, Confucius & Moses all identified themselves as teachers or prophets. None of them claimed to be equal to God!
Uhm. . . I will appreciate it if our argument goes beyond the "atheist vs Christian" cat fight, I would rather we use critical thought process and the evidence of history and archeaology to argue our stance.

Let me give my response to some of your arguments:
1. One of the reasons you claim alludes to the existence of a God is design.
There is a problem with such an argument because it ignores the existence of a flaw , evil in such a design. If truly this deity designer is all perfect, all knowing, all seeing and ultimately all powerful, how could he have designed a cosmos or Universe so flawed with evil, natural disasters, diseases, suffering and so on?
Does it mean he is not perfect, all-knowing or powerful to create a perfect design model devoid of all these evils?

2. You talked about the Universe having a start and the cause.
I would appreciate it if you clearly state what it is you are reffering to as "the Universe having a start". It does not present anything to debate about.

3. The Universe of course operates by "natural" Laws, laws that have come to be better understood by the empirical efforts of science and not mere beliefs.
Besides, the fact that science has understood these natural laws so well to the point it can function against it and get results shows the superiority of science over the creator of such laws and principles. This again points to the fact that the designer might not afterall be a perfect, all-knowing deity whose works can't be flawed or tampered with.

4. The DNA code only points to thesame argument I am making, the designer is not perfect as advances in genetics have shown these things can be altered to give an incredibly awsome result better and superior to the natural ones.

5. I don't know what you mean by "God pursues us", that is a very delusional assertion and does nothing to help your argument. Keep such a childish talk for sunday school pupils.

6. I find your claims here about Jesus very interesting even though such passionate claims can't be proven to be true, it will take a faithful christian to believe such a hogwash. But since I don't realy believe in the non-evident claims of faith, I say let us briefly examine your claims this time with the aids of critical thinking and common sense. The claims of Jesus being a God is very alien to the Jewish people from whom christians stole heavily to set up christianity. According to the God-spells, Jesus was crucified by the Romans yet there is no record of such having taken place in the whole of the Roman history books besides the one from the early church and the canonical gospels.
Thesame canonical accounts that continued to giving stunning contradiction of Jesus's life take for instance Jesus's last words:
JESUS' LAST WORDS ON THE CROSS
MAT 27:46-50
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
LUK 23:46
"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
JOHN 19:30:
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
He existed yet it is so difficult to accurately give account of his life.
More worrying is the fact that no historian of the time made mention of the man and his disciples despite the fact that he was recorded in the Bible as highly political figure whose notoriety for pissing off the priests caused him his life. Don't you find it worrying that it is so hard to picture who Jesus realy was outside of the God-spel fairy tales. Nobody even knows what he looks like, was he white, black, arab or a green extraterrestial from planet heaven, we don't even know that.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sagamite:

In your ramble, you have stated what atheist have to gain but you have not stated anything christians stand to gain (I am not including xtian pastors that will fly private jet and live in mansions o).

Basically, all you did was state athiests gain more than christians.

may be i forgot, what did i stated that atheist would gain, pls remind me?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
musKeeto:
Of course, it's God's negligence. Why give a few longer lives so they can have a better shot at repentance, while their actions continue to harm others? Is their life worth more than the rest? Can you use common sense for once and stop trying to absolve your dog of all responsibilites?

If he's happy to claim he created the skies and rivers, he should also take responsible for hurricanes, earthquakes and floods...
I'll start by answering your questions from the book of Ezekiel 33:11. "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked?"
Because he considers the offences of the wicked while their actions continue to harm others ain't far-fetched....

1. Jesus is an example of one who committed no sin @all, yet was persecuted & killed by wicked men. So we may follow his example & suffer, not for our faults, but when we do good. (1Pet 2:19-23)
2. The treatment Jesus received should warn us of the treatment we can expect. The world hated him, and it will do the same to his servants. (John 15:18-20; 2Tim 3:10-12)
3. All people suffer as a result of Adam & Eve's sin. (Gen 3:16-19; 1Cor 15:12)
4. Some suffering from wicked men can also be a temptation from Satan.
So God should not be blamed for the existence of suffering. MY CONCLUSION:
Faithful xtians will suffer yet the xtian's life is still the best, because only faithful xtians have the assurance that we can endure, that God'll help us!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ayomivic(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
all4naija: Keep dreaming son.Say amen to your pastor dream wish for you. There is time to get old and decompose like every other living thing. If you think you're too special you need to think again,man.

Iam dreaming, ok i love that dream. I don't know why you held tight to what you did not create. you value what has been given to you than the person that gave it to you
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ayomivic:

Iam dreaming, ok i love that dream. I don't know why you held tight to what you did not create. you value what has been given to you than the person that gave it to you
So, nature is now a person. Is your so called God a person?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ayomivic: see this one, you called what you don't know assumption. How do you know is an assumption?
I never said what we don't know is assumption but what we think about what we don't know. You are the one with see-this-one problem here. Assumption is something accepted to be true without proves. That is our idea about after death.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
rhymz: Uhm. . . I will appreciate it if our argument goes beyond the "atheist vs Christian" cat fight, I would rather we use critical thought process and the evidence of history and archeaology to argue our stance.

Let me give my response to some of your arguments:
1. One of the reasons you claim alludes to the existence of a God is design.
There is a problem with such an argument because it ignores the existence of a flaw , evil in such a design. If truly this deity designer is all perfect, all knowing, all seeing and ultimately all powerful, how could he have designed a cosmos or Universe so flawed with evil, natural disasters, diseases, suffering and so on?
Does it mean he is not perfect, all-knowing or powerful to create a perfect design model devoid of all these evils?

2. You talked about the Universe having a start and the cause.
I would appreciate it if you clearly state what it is you are reffering to as "the Universe having a start". It does not present anything to debate about.

3. The Universe of course operates by "natural" Laws, laws that have come to be better understood by the empirical efforts of science and not mere beliefs.
Besides, the fact that science has understood these natural laws so well to the point it can function against it and get results shows the superiority of science over the creator of such laws and principles. This again points to the fact that the designer might not afterall be a perfect, all-knowing deity whose works can't be flawed or tampered with.

4. The DNA code only points to thesame argument I am making, the designer is not perfect as advances in genetics have shown these things can be altered to give an incredibly awsome result better and superior to the natural ones.

5. I don't know what you mean by "God pursues us", that is a very delusional assertion and does nothing to help your argument. Keep such a childish talk for sunday school pupils.

6. I find your claims here about Jesus very interesting even though such passionate claims can't be proven to be true, it will take a faithful christian to believe such a hogwash. But since I don't realy believe in the non-evident claims of faith, I say let us briefly examine your claims this time with the aids of critical thinking and common sense. The claims of Jesus being a God is very alien to the Jewish people from whom christians stole heavily to set up christianity. According to the God-spells, Jesus was crucified by the Romans yet there is no record of such having taken place in the whole of the Roman history books besides the one from the early church and the canonical gospels.
Thesame canonical accounts that continued to giving stunning contradiction of Jesus's life take for instance Jesus's last words:
JESUS' LAST WORDS ON THE CROSS
MAT 27:46-50
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
LUK 23:46
"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
JOHN 19:30:
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
He existed yet it is so difficult to accurately give account of his life.
More worrying is the fact that no historian of the time made mention of the man and his disciples despite the fact that he was recorded in the Bible as highly political figure whose notoriety for pissing off the priests caused him his life. Don't you find it worrying that it is so hard to picture who Jesus realy was outside of the God-spel fairy tales. Nobody even knows what he looks like, was he white, black, arab or a green extraterrestial from planet heaven, we don't even know that.
I'll only reply your comment on item 1 cause time won't permit me for verbosity/much elaboration.

It seems you don't have any knowledge on the Biblical creation. You see, when God created, he created everything perfect & saw that "it was good."

God is all powerful & loving. Suffering can fall into three simple categories:
i. Emotional
ii. Mental &
iii. Physical suffering.
There are different explanation for why God allows suffering but none of them can satisfy everyone. Therefore, I will simply list various reasons offered to account for suffering & evil in the world.
A. Man's free will
B. For discipline
C. Prevention of further evil
D. For greater plan
E. For instruction
F. It is the result of sin
G. To serve as a warning.
Which of the above need I deliberate on to you?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ortarico:
I'll only reply your comment on item 1 cause time won't permit me for verbosity/much elaboration.

It seems you don't have any knowledge on the Biblical creation. You see, when God created, he created everything perfect & saw that "it was good."

God is all powerful & loving. Suffering can fall into three simple categories:
i. Emotional
ii. Mental &
iii. Physical suffering.
There are different explanation for why God allows suffering but none of them can satisfy everyone. Therefore, I will simply list various reasons offered to account for suffering & evil in the world.
A. Man's free will
B. For discipline
C. Prevention of further evil
D. For greater plan
E. For instruction
F. It is the result of sin
G. To serve as a warning.
Which of the above need I deliberate on to you?
Ultimately, you are trying to attribute every evil concievable to man even the ones that has nothing to do with man.
So you are saying natural disasters like the hurricane katrina, tsunami, earthquakes, volcanic erruptions, diseases are all caused by Man, realy?
Can you please explain how God uses destructive elements and evils as a means for instruction, discipline, greater plan and warning and yet he is a loving God with exceptional design powers.
You even unwittingly showed how the bible contradict its claims of a perfect world creation, because a skillful designer will envisage certain flaws that mind render his supposed perfect design imperfect and in effect make him look unskillful. If God was convinced of the perfectness of his creation, why then does he continue to destroy and rebuild the world. Thesame God continued to show regret and ambivalence about his creation yet he is perfect and all knowing.
In Genesis 6:6, it claims God basically regretted making man and that it grieved his heart. Don't you see the absurdity in an omniscienHe knew the future, therefore knew the outcome of "sin", and he is perfect, so assuming that he can be sad...why would he regret having make mankind in the first place? And who did he tell this story to? Ridiculous.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
rhymz: Ultimately, you are trying to attribute every evil concievable to man even the ones that has nothing to do with man.
So you are saying natural disasters like the hurricane katrina, tsunami, earthquakes, volcanic erruptions, diseases are all caused by Man, realy?
Can you please explain how God uses destructive elements and evils as a means for instruction, discipline, greater plan and warning and yet he is a loving God with exceptional design powers.
You even unwittingly showed how the bible contradict its claims of a perfect world creation, because a skillful designer will envisage certain flaws that mind render his supposed perfect design imperfect and in effect make him look unskillful. If God was convinced of the perfectness of his creation, why then does he continue to destroy and rebuild the world.
As I said; "YES" man is partly responsible to account for suffering & evil in the world.

1. When I said @freewill means that God has given us freedom of choice. Having freedom means that we can rebel against God & make choices that are contrary to his desires. Since we can say that evil is anything contrary to God's perfect & holly will. Evil & suffering are the result of making bad free choices like in the case of Adam (Rom 5:12).
2. God uses suffering to discipline & instruction. The Bible tells us that God disciplines those whom he loves (Heb 12:6) & that no true child of God is without discipline & instruction: It's obvious that the results for our rebel against God bring suffering & it's also true that we can learn through our suffering that such rebellion is bad.
3. For warning: Evil & suffering in the world can serve as a warning against breaking God's law & then people can see the necessity of following God's truth. God's ways are right & good & following them leads to security & safety.
4. For the greater plan: Undoubtedly, God has a plan since God knows all things. He's not surprised by the presence of evil & sin in the world that brings about suffering. But if God knows all things from all eternity, then he's perfectly capable of using suffering as a greater plan. The best & simplest example of this is the suffering of Christ @ the hands of evil men. It is by Christ's suffering & death on the cross that we're able to be redeemed (Acts 4:27-28).

Have you now been enlightened?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
rhymz: The same God continued to show regret and ambivalence about his creation yet he is perfect and all knowing.
In Genesis 6:6, it claims God basically regretted making man and that it grieved his heart. Don't you see the absurdity in an omniscienHe knew the future, therefore knew the outcome of "sin", and he is perfect, so assuming that he can be sad...why would he regret having make mankind in the first place? And who did he tell this story to? Ridiculous.
If I were God, I would certainly regret having made mankind. I mean look what idiots we are!

God regretting making man as it's termed as "Anthropomorphism"........for it's just like seeing a tender father injured & affronted by his son's folly, stubborness & rebellion angers him & makes him wish he had been childless!

It's actually true in Gen 6:6 that God "regrets." The passage caught my attention in the same way many years ago as it has yours now. I would say that your "guess" is quite correct.
Therefore, there is no reason to think that "regret" is an actual representation of God's view of things. If we understand it as a conscious anthroponomorphism (ascribing creaturely & human traits to God), we can realize that the Holy Spirit is allowing the human author a certain liberty to express divine realities in human terms & let it go @that. Understood? What other question(s)?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:
If I were God, I would certainly regret having made mankind. I mean look what idiots we are!

God regretting making man as it's termed as "Anthropomorphism"........for it's just like seeing a tender father injured & affronted by his son's folly, stubborness & rebellion angers him & makes him wish he had been childless!

It's actually true in Gen 6:6 that God "regrets." The passage caught my attention in the same way many years ago as it has yours now. I would say that your "guess" is quite correct.
Therefore, there is no reason to think that "regret" is an actual representation of God's view of things. If we understand it as a conscious anthroponomorphism (ascribing creaturely & human traits to God), we can realize that the Holy Spirit is allowing the human author a certain liberty to express divine realities in human terms & let it go @that. Understood? What other question(s)?

Dumb and insincere explanation.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

Dumb and insincere explanation.

Silly and infamious commentary! For you can never suppress the truth.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:

Silly and infamious commentary! For you can never suppress the truth.

What is the truth?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

What is the truth?

The gospel truth which thou has chosen to ignore!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 9:50am On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:

The gospel truth which thou has chosen to ignore!

There is no other gospel apart from that of the flying spaghetti, there is no other truth apart from the fact that the flying spaghetti is the only TRUE god.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

There is no other gospel apart from that of the flying spaghetti, there is no other truth apart from the fact that the flying spaghetti is the only TRUE god.
If it's a flying spaghetti then which of the classes of other flying noodles do you belong? Pity!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:
If it's a flying spaghetti then which of the classes of other flying noodles do you belong? Pity!

I can ask you the same thing, which of the class of other gods do you belong. Pathetic.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by kjhova(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

I can ask you the same thing, which of the class of other gods do you belong. Pathetic.

Christians & moslems are basically closer to atheism than they realize. How? Atheists reject all 2,000 plus gods in human history while christians & moslems accept a god each while also rejecting the numerous other gods. I therefore define a christian, jew or moslem as any human being who is only one god away from atheism!!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 11:25am On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

My good friend, the cause of your own atheism is from the bathos of confusion! Go get your fundamental stand. . .
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:
My good friend, the cause of your own atheism is from the bathos of confusion! Go get your fundamental stand. . .

oh, you think the cause of your religiosity is certainty? its because you are too scared of hell from childhood.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

oh, you think the cause of your religiosity is certainty? its because you are too scared of hell from childhood.
Even if so, let me be. . .Do you think yours has made you brave enough and fully emancipated? I feel sorry for you!
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by ooman(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:
Even if so, let me be. . .Do you think yours has made you brave enough and fully emancipated? I feel sorry for you!

I dont have any religion and am completely free. You need freedom from religion.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:

Like some body said, this is dumb! Can you please raise the bar of the discussion, you are getting lame with the useless explanations that do nothing to answer the main questions. Can you please stop with the diversionary explanations of what you think about God's regret, I am not asking for you to help me explain something that is very clear and direct as to what the bible says about God. My point is how do you reconcile a perfect being feeling regrets for his own actions, it is like me slamming my laptop on the floor knowing fully well that it would spoil only for me to start feeling regrets, does that not show some insanity or lack of control in me?
If you can't intelligently answer the question I will understand instead of insulting common sense with your verbose, pointless explanations that only serves to cause diversion from the issues raised. Who cares about what yoi will do if you were a God, wait until you become one, meanwhile, face the issue and stop the pointless blabbing.
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by rhymz(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ortarico:
As I said; "YES" man is partly responsible to account for suffering & evil in the world.

1. When I said @freewill means that God has given us freedom of choice. Having freedom means that we can rebel against God & make choices that are contrary to his desires. Since we can say that evil is anything contrary to God's perfect & holly will. Evil & suffering are the result of making bad free choices like in the case of Adam (Rom 5:12).
2. God uses suffering to discipline & instruction. The Bible tells us that God disciplines those whom he loves (Heb 12:6) & that no true child of God is without discipline & instruction: It's obvious that the results for our rebel against God bring suffering & it's also true that we can learn through our suffering that such rebellion is bad.
3. For warning: Evil & suffering in the world can serve as a warning against breaking God's law & then people can see the necessity of following God's truth. God's ways are right & good & following them leads to security & safety.
4. For the greater plan: Undoubtedly, God has a plan since God knows all things. He's not surprised by the presence of evil & sin in the world that brings about suffering. But if God knows all things from all eternity, then he's perfectly capable of using suffering as a greater plan. The best & simplest example of this is the suffering of Christ @ the hands of evil men. It is by Christ's suffering & death on the cross that we're able to be redeemed (Acts 4:27-28).

Have you now been enlightened?
So in essence, regardless whether you are born again or nothing, God's plan for you includes suffering, wickedness towards you just to keep you in check until you get to heaven where you will ultimately face another level of eternal suffering and enslavement being his music juke box. The more you blab about this your God, the more you give the picture of a psychopat that derives pleasure from hurting people who do not agree with his way. And you wonder why many people are turning atheists?
Re: What Do You Stand To Gain For Being An Atheist? by Ortarico(m): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

I dont have any religion and am completely free. You need freedom from religion.
Your believe in freedom from religion /theism will only endanger your existence the more even here on earth. I liken such a person as a confused wanderer! Were you the one that created yourself?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Rahab The Harlot Is NOT In The Lineage Of The Messiah...proof! / Are All Wordly Songs WrongTo Listen To? / ENDSARS Protest: "Don't Use Force" - Archbishop Alfred Martins Urges Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.