Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Waiting To Resume With KPMG? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Waiting To Resume With KPMG? (84734 Views)

3 Week Job With KPMG / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / 5 Types Of Applicants You Meet In A Room Waiting To Be Interviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2013
YAYYYY!!!!!!! Thanks lady... grin grin Do have a safe flight and watch out for anyone acting funny on the plane. grin grin I would keep you posted real-time. ADIOS SENORITA!

EsosaDiva: chocolates on me Bro... Seems we r d first set to b called! My flight is for 2morrow! I'll try be there today. Jst in case let me know d date of resumption! U a darl wink

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2013
That's great news. Let me know what the date of resumption is so I can complete this resignation letter draft I have with a date in mind. Gracias....

[quote author=EsosaDiva][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ArmaniNG: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2013
Got the call today as well to go pick up the offer letter, its been a great run guys. Congrats to Phonon & Naffy. Don't worry Tingles, you'll surely be reached.

& Lest I 4get, Essosadiva I'm extremely overjoyed for u...lol.

Would probably be seeing u guys soon.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 12:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Though i registered recently on nairaland, i have been following this thread and other useful threads for a while and i must confess, it has been quite helpful in updating me as regards my kpmg recruitment status. Many thanks to phonon,naffy,armani and others.
I got the call to come for my offer letter too yesterday.
Hope to see you guys pretty soon.
Best of God in your new career path.

6 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2013
September 9 - September 27........ grin
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
Armani_NG: Got the call today as well to go pick up the offer letter, its been a great run guys. Congrats to Phonon & Naffy. Don't worry Tingles, you'll surely be reached.

& Lest I 4get, Essosadiva I'm extremely overjoyed for u...lol.

Would probably be seeing u guys soon.

grin grin@armani, yea beta. Congratz Bro happy for ya. Aw far wif Pwc? @phonon,yes ooooooo. 9th-27th. Went today and coincidentaly boarded same bus wif one of our own sanity27grin

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wonderful news EsosaDiva. I thought you were going to receive the letter yesterday. By the way, is the job title on your letter "Staff Assistant"? I always thought the entry-level position was Associate.

EsosaDiva:

grin grin@armani, yea beta. Congratz Bro happy for ya. Aw far wif Pwc? @phonon,yes ooooooo. 9th-27th. Went today and coincidentaly boarded same bus wif one of our own sanity27grin
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by maestrob(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
Congrats @ all

Boss Phonon
are you serious that the letter is titled Staff assistant/Associate?
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by maestrob(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
Congrats @ all

Boss Phonon
are you serious that the letter is titled Staff assistant/Associate?

Is there anything like probation&/confirmation stage?
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just Staff Assistant.6 months probation.....
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Phonon: Just Staff Assistant.6 months probation.....

I also saw d staff assistant stuff on mine too. Im still cool joor . For me, its a gud start
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 11:12am On Aug 08, 2013
I actually don't care;just wondering.What we do is more important than the title.#whistling and frying his chicken# Hee!

EsosaDiva:

I also saw d staff assistant stuff on mine too. Im still cool joor . For me, its a gud start
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sleekch1c(f): 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wow guys...been following this thread and I thank God for all of u who got offers. I wrote the exam in june and was successful. I was sent a mail and asked to submit my documents which I did. After waiting for abt 2 months to hear from them, I had to call them and they they said dat the reason why I'm yet to be called for the interview is my nysc status. Would finish my service by February next yr and was asked to call them 2-3 months b4 end of service so they cld schedule my interview. My good people, never lose hope and always put your trust in God, he never disappoints. Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
In a little while,you will be there.Best of luck.;-)

sleekch1c: Wow guys...been following this thread and I thank God for all of u who got offers. I wrote the exam in june and was successful. I was sent a mail and asked to submit my documents which I did. After waiting for abt 2 months to hear from them, I had to call them and they they said dat the reason why I'm yet to be called for the interview is my nysc status. Would finish my service by February next yr and was asked to call them 2-3 months b4 end of service so they cld schedule my interview. My good people, never lose hope and always put your trust in God, he never disappoints. Cheers!
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by coenzyme: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Done wit medicals. I live in Berger, do I av to start looking for accommodation on Island?! That wud be grossly expensive.

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by joboy834: 9:39am On Aug 12, 2013
Phonon: I actually don't care;just wondering.What we do is more important than the title.#whistling and frying his chicken# Hee!

@phonon and all, congrats. In kpmg, u will start as an SA(staff assistant). After a year you get promoted to ESA(experienced staff assistant), then another year or 2 u get promoted to an Associate, then a semi-snr(SS) then to a snr associate which has 3 levels(S1,S2,S3). At S3, u are an asst mgr. After S3 is Manager.

Mind you, it is almost the same with PwC. It is just the title that is different.

Years. KPMG. PwC
entry. SA. A3
level

One. ESA. A1

Two. Associate. Snr Associate 1

Three. S1. S2/S3(depending)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2013
joboy834:

@phonon and all, congrats. In kpmg, u will start as an SA(staff assistant). After a year you get promoted to ESA(experienced staff assistant), then another year or 2 u get promoted to an Associate, then a semi-snr(SS) then to a snr associate which has 3 levels(S1,S2,S3). At S3, u are an asst mgr. After S3 is Manager.

Mind you, it is almost the same with PwC. It is just the title that is different.

Years. KPMG. PwC
entry. SA. A3
level

One. ESA. A1

Do u work for kpmg?

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2013
Thank you for the clarification. grin

joboy834:

Years. KPMG. PwC
entry. SA. A3
level

One. ESA. A1

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2013
Esosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............................ grin grin

EsosaDiva:

Do u work for kpmg?
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by joboy834: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
EsosaDiva:

Do u work for kpmg?

Worked as a Graduate Intern for 6 months in their IARCS unit.

4 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by lanruzy: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
coenzyme: Done wit medicals. I live in Berger, do I av to start looking for accommodation on Island?! That wud be grossly expensive.
I also stay in berger too .. itz realy far
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ify4charm: 1:40am On Aug 13, 2013
joboy834:

Why didn't you stay back at KPMG because i know u on PWC thread?
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by joboy834: 4:41am On Aug 13, 2013
ify4charm:

Why didn't you stay back at KPMG because i know u on PWC thread?

I worked as a GRADUATE INTERN(contract), and not full staff
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ify4charm: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2013
joboy834:

I worked as a GRADUATE INTERN(contract), and not full staff

I know that, i meant why did you not go through the graduate recruitment process to become a permanent staff at KPMG?

Sori, i m just curious.Thanks
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
This may come off as heckling.I am sure he has his reasons; maybe he got another offer which he considers better than KPMG. Just saying......

ify4charm:

I know that, i meant why did you not go through the graduate recruitment process to become a permanent staff at KPMG?

Sori, i m just curious.Thanks
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ify4charm: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2013
Phonon: This may come off as heckling.I am sure he has his reasons; maybe he got another offer which he considers better than KPMG. Just saying......

I get you phonon but it is just an innocent question and you knw from the previous thread i created i got an offer from both KPMG and PWC but it seems the opinions i m getting are mostly from pple who work there or prefer PWC. It would be nice to get an opinion from someone who has actually worked in KPMG. I hope u understand now.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by joboy834: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2013
ify4charm:

I get you phonon but it is just an innocent question and you knw from the previous thread i created i got an offer from both KPMG and PWC but it seems the opinions i m getting are mostly from pple who work there or prefer PWC. It would be nice to get an opinion from someone who has actually worked in KPMG. I hope u understand now.

Lol. Well I applied for the graduate internship role at that time thinking after some months I will be converted to permanent staff,but to my surprise the otherwise happened.

Anyway,I think both firms are great. KPMG is great I must tell you. But the stress there na die, and I believe that applies to PwC also but not to full length(as explained by pple).

In terms of pay, PwC surely pays higher than KPMG at entry level ,but I think the pay for seniors in KPMG is higher o ,because when u become a senior in KPMG your pay jumps sporadically. Anyway both firms are good. Lastly, I think life-work balance is prevalent in PwC, even my KPMG folks can testify to that.

5 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
I do get you my friend.It's just that I was thinking he would take it in a different way.My apologies if I came off as offensive.The verdict is out there based on perception:PWC is better than KPMG.Some are concerned about money in the interim;others prestige.All in all,making the best of your opportunity is utmost.The firm doesn't make you succeed,it helps you.

ify4charm:

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ify4charm: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
joboy834:

Lol. Well I applied for the graduate internship role at that time thinking after some months I will be converted to permanent staff,but to my surprise the otherwise happened.

Anyway,I think both firms are great. KPMG is great I must tell you. But the stress there na die, and I believe that applies to PwC also but not to full length(as explained by pple).

In terms of pay, PwC surely pays higher than KPMG at entry level ,but I think the pay for seniors in KPMG is higher o ,because when u become a senior in KPMG your pay jumps sporadically. Anyway both firms are good. Lastly, I think life-work balance is prevalent in PwC, even my KPMG folks can testify to that.

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by ify4charm: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Phonon: I do get you my friend.It's just that I was thinking he would take it in a different way.My apologies if I came off as offensive.The verdict is out there based on perception:PWC is better than KPMG.Some are concerned about money in the interim;others prestige.All in all,making the best of your opportunity is utmost.The firm doesn't make you succeed,it helps you.

No worries. We are good smiley

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Naffysah: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Well, both firms are great and am also stuck in d PWC_KPMG decision. I decided to choose unit over remuneration, cuz I'm been given d opportunity to be in a unit I love dt'll also offer me work-life balance @KPMG (Tax; C n B) whilst @ pwc, I cld be placed in a unit dt wouldn't offer d work-life balance. @ify4charm, I guess d decision basically lies in what u really want 4rm dose firms;remuneration, career projection, exposure, trainin etc. All d best in makin ur decision honey! Twas a hell of a decision 2make buh I finally did N I so hope, I did d ryt thn

4 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
joboy834:

Dats cool, so did u reapply after the intern. Ok. Iv seen d answer in ur later threads..... All in all, I believe in making d best frm situations. So I'm prepared to put in my very best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

GMAT For Free Download / Oyibo Woman Selling Purewater On Lagos Street (Photos, Video) / Application Letter A Teacher Wrote In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.