Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Waiting To Resume With KPMG? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Waiting To Resume With KPMG? (84731 Views)

3 Week Job With KPMG / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / 5 Types Of Applicants You Meet In A Room Waiting To Be Interviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by koladecollins(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
sanity27:

After my last post, i found out somethings that helped in calculating the percentage tax deduction and the eventual take home.I hope it will help eradicate any headache and curiosity.

In d new PITA, all reliefs and allowances are termed 'Consolidated Relief Allowance'(CRA), which is 20% of gross(total guaranteed cash income,in our case) plus 200k. 410,856.4 + 200K = 610,856.4
i.e 20% 0f 2,054,282 + 200k = 610,856.4

Exemptions are;

Pension(7.5% of Basic+Housing+Transport)= 101,753.77
National Housing Fund(NHF)= 2.5% of Basic= 29,667.9

Tax free income=CRA+NHF+Pension
i.e 610,856.4+29,667.9+101,753.77= 742,278.07

Hence, Taxable income = total guaranteed cash income less tax free income
i.e 2,054,282-742,278.07= 1,312,003

Applying the PAYE graduated scale applicable to employee resident in lagos state, we have;
1st 300k 5% which is 15,000
Next 300k 10% which is 30,000
Next 500k 15% which is 75,000
Bal 212,003 20% which is 42,400.6

Total annual tax equals 15,000+30,000+75,000+42,400.6= 162,400.6
Monthly tax payment equals 13,533.38

Conclusively, since the 13th month pay and leave bonus will not b paid monthly but yearly, total monthly pay will be;

2,054,282-annual tax-(118,672+98,893 i.e leave n 13th month)= 1,674,316.4 den divide dis by 12 to get the monthly pay = 139,529.

End of story!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice analysis but I doubt if the NHF is still part of tax relief since you already have 7.5% of housing, basic and transport. Moreover the new PITA rate are 7%, 11%, 15%, 19%, 21% and 24%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Okay.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
koladecollins:

Nice analysis but I doubt if the NHF is still part of tax relief since you already have 7.5% of housing, basic and transport. Moreover the new PITA rate are 7%, 11%, 15%, 19%, 21% and 24%.
Also, 7.5% of basic, housing and transport is 101834.
Clothing, leave nd d incentive are lump sum payment while others are usually prorated
Kolade,NHF is stil part of tax relief,having gone tru d PITA amendments 2011,gazetted Jan 2012.

The 7.5% of B+H+T accounts 4 d employee's 7.5% contribution to pension funds as contained in ur offer letter(terms of employment;pension scheme).Check d ofa leta 4 clarificatn,u wil find out dat under other benefit provided by employer,value 4 pension plan(101,754) is d same as wat I got 4 pension,which is kpmg's contributn as earlier stated in d letter.

As regards d new graduated tax band,tank u 4 ur correction.It was an oversight on my part.Applying d new band of 7%,11%,15%,19% & 24% to our compensation,d take home becomes #138,953.Very slight difference,u would agree.

Worthy of note,howeva is d fact dat dis calculatn might nt b 100% perfect,we can only wait to start collecting d accurate amount.Dis is just to give us a clue of d expected!
Thanks 4 ur valued contribution.

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Chydgirl: 4:30am On Aug 20, 2013
maestrob:

yes you can reschedule it

send sms to that effect to their e-mail or the kpmg HR phone nos

Ok. Thks dear
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Chydgirl: 4:37am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=koladecollins]

Yes you can, but you put yourself in the risk of waiting till next year's recruitment[/quote

Aiit dear, thks. Is age d risk u talk of? If I'm a year older by then will they bounce me? Do they acutally verify d birth certificate before d aptitude test. Pls reply. Thks.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by dynamitee: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=Chy-d-girl][/quote]

Sanity27, phonon and KoladeCollins, 10x a bunch.
Chy-d-girl, I don't know hw old u r, but I think what Kolade is tryin 2 say is dat kpmg academy for newbies starts september 9. There r 4stages in d recruitment process this year(excluding medicals). U hve just 2 wks or maybe 3wks for d entire recruitment process n medicals, if u make it and if ur to meet up wit d rest of us. If in d meantime other candidates who dont postpone r successfl, they'll pick em, n probably move ur application to nxt year cos dey'll hve all d candidates they need or too little time 2 start screening more candidates. That's d risk I think he's talkin abt...plus I think they wont want the potential liability of havin sum1 probably break down during d recruitment process so dey will try 2 give u plenty time 2 recover... Like a year cheesy
On the other hand, if u force urslf to go even tho ur sick, u may underperform at d tests and end up failing them, n u r not allowed to re-apply. I think this is what they call a #dilemma.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by dynamitee: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=Chy-d-girl][/quote]

By d way, they verify d birth certificate after d aptitude test. They'll ask for it at aptitude test actually, but they wont look too closely. During my aptitude test I was missing my waec cert n my birth cert. I explained this to d lady and all she said was that I shd get them soonest cos I won't be able to proceed to interview stage unleSs dey've verified it. She looked at d other documents (looked, not scrutinized) and I was stil allowed 2 do my test.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by joboy834: 8:36am On Aug 20, 2013
sanity27:
Kolade,NHF is stil part of tax relief,having gone tru d PITA amendments 2011,gazetted Jan 2012.

The 7.5% of B+H+T accounts 4 d employee's 7.5% contribution to pension funds as contained in ur offer letter(terms of employment;pension scheme).Check d ofa leta 4 clarificatn,u wil find out dat under other benefit provided by employer,value 4 pension plan(101,754) is d same as wat I got 4 pension,which is kpmg's contributn as earlier stated in d letter.

As regards d new graduated tax band,tank u 4 ur correction.It was an oversight on my part.Applying d new band of 7%,11%,15%,19% & 24% to our compensation,d take home becomes #138,953.Very slight difference,u would agree.

Worthy of note,howeva is d fact dat dis calculatn might nt b 100% perfect,we can only wait to start collecting d accurate amount.Dis is just to give us a clue of d expected!
Thanks 4 ur valued contribution.

Dnt waste much energy. Your monthly take home is N124,600.

Lest I forget, after confirmation you need to give 3 months notice if you want to leave on a good note. Promotion is every year with 10-20k increment depending on your performance.

7 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2013
As concise as everyone would want it.Thank you.CASED CLOSED!

joboy834:

Dnt waste much energy. Your monthly take home is N124,600.

Lest I forget, after confirmation you need to give 3 months notice if you want to leave on a good note. Promotion is every year with 10-20k increment depending on your performance.

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2013
sanity27:

End of story!!!!!!!!!!!

Chei! See as una analyse KPMG salary structure for naira land....... Some tings shld be private oooo

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2013
Well,you have a point.All the same,no harm done.

EsosaDiva:

Chei! See as una analyse KPMG salary structure for naira land....... Some tings shld be private oooo

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by koladecollins(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Phonon: Well,you have a point.All the same,no harm done.

In all truth, its unprofessional.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
I totally agree with your assessment.One has to balance the need between providing information people need to make career decisions (which we can't deny we have benefited from on this forum) and divulging confidential information that the firm has entrusted us with.

koladecollins:

In all truth, its unprofessional.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by premium1: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Truthflly, diz Iڪ unProfessional,why wil sm1 ßε̲̣ analyzing a companyz pay.na waoh. @ list, wait Til Ɣsmileyΰ enteR na.Naija graduate sef.smh!
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Tingles(m): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
I suggest that everyone edits their posts containing the figures, google turns up this thread anytime anyone makes an enquiry about kpmg.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Tingles(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
...and please modify the quotes too, intelligent analysis BTW.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Someone has already made it clear that it was a bad idea to put such analysis out there.There is no need for the "Naija graduate sef" comment.Did you school in Nepal or Somalia?

premium1: Truthflly, diz ȋ̝̊̅ڪ unProfessional,why wil sm1 ßε̲̣ analyzing a companyz pay.na waoh. @ list, wait Til Ɣsmileyΰ enteR na.Naija graduate sef.smh!

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hi all,just seeing what has trailed my previous post and in reaction to that,the initial post has been modified!
Sincerely,it all depends on how u choose to see it.There are sites where u can find salaries of bigger international firms and this means entirely nothing. I think our culture of secrecy has just had its rub-off on us all.
All we just wanted to do was to help ourselves, but going by the bidding of the house,i have complied.
Others can modify their quotes if they so desire.
No offence meant/picked in all sincerity,ur notices r appreciated.
Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by koladecollins(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
sanity27: Hi all,just seeing what has trailed my previous post and in reaction to that,the initial post has been modified!
Sincerely,it all depends on how u choose to see it.There are sites where u can find salaries of bigger international firms and this means entirely nothing. I think our culture of secrecy has just had its rub-off on us all.
All we just wanted to do was to help ourselves, but going by the bidding of the house,i have complied.
Others can modify their quotes if they so desire.
No offence meant/picked in all sincerity,ur notices r appreciated.
Thanks

Sanity, please note that you are not being chastised for your actions. Its just that In the corporate world, there is what we call confidentiality which should be held in high esteem. Its part of the "soft skills" requisite to be successful in the business environment. I believe you had good intentions but remember a word spoken that brought peace in a community might spark war if spoken in another.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
@sanity27:I stand by you on whatever you posted because I believe you had and still have good intentions.Salary estimates for companies are posted on sites all over the world but maybe not as detailed as it was here.All the same,don't apologise to no one for what you wrote.Let's move the thread forward.If you need gold-plated suits for resumption,let me know.LOL!

4 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by koladecollins(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Please who knows where Berlin Market is in Idumota. Help an indigent fella get some nice shirts ;DPlease who knows where Berlin Market is in Idumota. Help an indigent fella get some nice shirts grin
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Phonon
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by sanity27: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Phonon: @sanity27:I stand by you on whatever you posted because I believe you had and still have good intentions.Salary estimates for companies are posted on sites all over the world but maybe not as detailed as it was here.All the same,don't apologise to no one for what you wrote.Let's move the thread forward.If you need gold-plated suits for resumption,let me know.LOL!
Phonon,I knw say u b big man.u dey owe me suits o.nairalanders b my witnes!Lol
No p as regads d isue,I'av moved ooooo.May God keep us all

2 Likes

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 5:06am On Aug 21, 2013
Na joke I dey joke o.:-D

sanity27:
Phonon,I knw say u b big man.u dey owe me suits o.nairalanders b my witnes!Lol
No p as regads d isue,I'av moved ooooo.May God keep us all
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2013
Phonon: Someone has already made it clear that it was a bad idea to put such analysis out there.There is no need for the "Naija graduate sef" comment.Did you school in Nepal or Somalia?

@sanity27 I totally understand dat all u did was in good faith, no harm intended. U be my guy na grin buh still pls all post on salaries n figures, Let's modify. Dis post was meant to aid peeps waiting for resumption. Successful peeps can meet and discuss salary wen we resume @ d academy. One luv y'all! Congrats to all dat got dier offer letas. Make sure u read up ur handouts, resumption by the cornercheesy grin @phonon, time flies o*whew, neva open d handout sef

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2013
koladecollins: [color=#000099][/color]Please who knows where Berlin Market is in Idumota. Help an indigent fella get some nice shirts ;DPlease who knows where Berlin Market is in Idumota. Help an indigent fella get some nice shirts grin
@kcollins, my own na accomodation o... Abeg anyy info?
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by EsosaDiva(f): 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tingles: ...and please modify the quotes too, intelligent analysis BTW.
Infact editin d quotes r most important.

1 Like

Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Well said Esosa.You haven't opened it?You have just been relaxing?Come on.I have perused it but would take a second look after I resign from my present employer this coming week.READ AM O.

EsosaDiva:
@sanity27 I totally understand dat all u did was in good faith, no harm intended. U be my guy na grin buh still pls all post on salaries n figures, Let's modify. Dis post was meant to aid peeps waiting for resumption. Successful peeps can meet and discuss salary wen we resume @ d academy. One luv y'all! Congrats to all dat got dier offer letas. Make sure u read up ur handouts, resumption by the cornercheesy grin @phonon, time flies o*whew, neva open d handout sef
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Tingles(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
Phonon: Well said Esosa.You haven't opened it?You have just been relaxing?Come on.I have perused it but would take a second look after I resign from my present employer this coming week.READ AM O.
I have actually scanned mine as pdf, I am so used to reading on the screen these days, besides, I don't want mine to be the dirtiest by the time we resume. cool

koladecollins: Please who knows where Berlin Market is in Idumota. Help an indigent fella get some nice shirts
I am interested too.

EsosaDiva:
Infact editin d quotes r most important.
The mods could just hide the posts instead of going through the stress of editing.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Phonon: 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
You scanned yours?That's some serious stuff.My copy now has 'graffiti' all over it;best of luck keeping yours clean.#smiles#.Well,do whatever it takes to get the job done.The pre-read is not exhaustive;one would have to read some texts that would give deeper insight.It's almost here.....

Tingles:
I have actually scanned mine as pdf, I am so used to reading on the screen these days, besides, I don't want mine to be the dirtiest by the time we resume. cool

I am interested too.

The mods could just hide the posts instead of going through the stress of editing.
Re: Waiting To Resume With KPMG? by Tingles(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Phonon: You scanned yours?That's some serious stuff.My copy now has 'graffiti' all over it;best of luck keeping yours clean.#smiles#.Well,do whatever it takes to get the job done.The pre-read is not exhaustive;one would have to read some texts that would give deeper insight.It's almost here.....

Lol @graffitti... I know it isn't even the course material, it is a PRE-READ and there is scanner lying around , idle. So, I kept the scanner busy since most of my reference materials are in pdf format.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

GMAT For Free Download / Oyibo Woman Selling Purewater On Lagos Street (Photos, Video) / Application Letter A Teacher Wrote In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.