Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549578 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emperortj93(m): 6:55am On Apr 05, 2013
Na wa oooo, make all men dey try "like" every new upload wey flow dey knack we people nah. As 4 me and my family shai, we will continue clickin d like button as a sign of apreciation

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2013
U'gly events were unfolding like Domino effect.

Our world was gradually crashing, so i tot

Man and the rest came back with the Jeep, without Chief.

Chief had kicked the bucket.

The other guys wore gloomy faces, but Kate was crying.

She had lost her Lover.

"but who go kill this good man na?" i asked myself. Maybe one of his political opponents wanted him dead. Maybe he had stepped on toes. But one question i felt like asking was why Chief came alone without his bodyguards. If only the dead could speak.

Kate was almost crying her eyes out, so i went to hold her, to give her my shoulders to cry on. As i held her close to my body, a tingling sensation ran from my head to my John thomas.

A sensation i was enjoying. So i gradually moved my hand to her a''ss, i knew she wouldn't complain, so i f'ondled it. Mehn! It was soft, and it bounced like a ballon. A fully inflated ballon.

"Kate don't cry again, God gives and God takes" I consoled with my hand still on her a''ss. As if it was her a''ss i was consoling not her.

I tot nobody saw my hand behind. I was wrong, the ever sharp Brainbox say it and winked at me. I winked back.

Just when we said we had drank Wahala to Stupor, wahala came.

"if una no buy my fowl back before tomorrow, all of una go run mad" Haruna who just walked in threatened.

Empty threat. Or so i tot.

Not until he brought out fetish feathers stained with blood.

"Una see dis feather, na the feather of the Fowl wey una chop. I don carry am go Babalawo place, him say if una no confess before tomorrow, all of una go run mad" Haruna threatened.

This time i was convinced it wasn't an empty threat, but a full threat.

I was ready to confess instantly, but the problem was that was my friends ready to confess?

15 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by plainmirror(m): 7:38am On Apr 05, 2013
It has teyd wey ℓ comment.anyway graciax,merci beaucoup,santesana,obrickado. Dnt fail 2 recognyz †нэ mirror ni Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:40am On Apr 05, 2013
Abeg na
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2013
Emperortj93: Na wa oooo, make all men dey try "like" every new upload wey flow dey knack we people nah. As 4 me and my family shai, we will continue clickin d like button as a sign of apreciation

Emperor my man, long time no sight, sorry, long time no saw, sorry, long time no seen. Oooooh! Na English be my problem oh. Infact make i use pidgin; i wan tell u say e don tay wey i see you here.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Abeg na

Abeg for wetin? Help! Help oh!! Help oh! Make una help me oh!! Foxy dey drag me enter room oh. Him be Homosapien oh! Him wan r''ape me oh!!.

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
Foxy na joke oh
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2013
flow1759:

Abeg for wetin? Help! Help oh!! Help oh! Make una help me oh!! Foxy dey drag me enter room oh. Him be Homosapien oh! Him wan r''ape me oh!!.

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
Foxy na joke oh

**Chases him with cutlass**

No be only homo, I go use you willy-willy offer sacrifice to Obatala
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

**Chases him with cutlass**

No be only homo, I go use you willy-willy offer sacrifice to Obatala

Foxy na una be Oga at the top wey no want make my story enter frontpage abi?

Reason with Cuddlemii ur Sugar Mummy na?

*Cuddlemii i dey joke oh!(Pidgin).
*its nothing but a pun(English).
*O wu egbúrègbé o(Ibo).
*Eré láwa o(Yoruba).
*Someone should pls help me with the Hausa interpretation.

Before my Madam at the top go ban me because of joke!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by YOUNGKAHUNA: 10:50am On Apr 05, 2013
flow1759:
*Someone should pls help me with the Hausa interpretation.

Before my Madam at the top go ban me because of joke!!

Wásà Nëh Fââ grin grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emperortj93(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2013
flow1759:

Emperor my man, long time no sight, sorry, long time no saw, sorry, long time no seen. Oooooh! Na English be my problem oh. Infact make i use pidgin; i wan tell u say e don tay wey i see you here.
brov
abeg no dey spoil ur mouth wey u want use suck kate b'rrea'stt and unmentionable joøor
btw,
i dey o bt i no dey töo comment again cus of ma exam...
In foxy thick hausa acent
kai U sure say u pfine reash me
#...just tinkin out loud...#
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by ebukav(m): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2013
Flow let's do more of upload dan chating abeg.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by vera031(f): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
flowey i have been following ur story from ibo boy wey like yoruba nd i must say u re rili good.thumbs upnd btw dat is not how to console sumone. so u beta console her well before chief's ghost will come and hunt you. grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
It was about 8am. Time for work.

"Flow make we dey go Nekede Exclusive garden, we don late" Man said to me.

"i go follow una go oh" Baba jay suddenly said. Maybe he tot we were going for funfair in the garden. Maybe "where u think say we dey go sef?" Man asked Baba jay, "una dey go mix rice and beans na" Baba jay replied.

It was very certain we would soon have a visitor in the compound. The Police. because after the gruesome murder of a prominent man like Chief, i was 101% certain the Police would come for questioning.

Was Baba jay scared of being question by the Police? Why would he be? When he never had a hand in the death of Chief. But why did he suddenly decide to go with us to mix rice and beans? Only time could answer these questions.

"Flow go buy slippers wey we go wear comot, as dem don thief our shoe and our pam sef, make we wear slippers comot na" Man said offering me 500naira to buy four pairs of rubber slippers(na Flip flop English dey call am oh, but make i just call am the baptizmal name, slippers).

Like minds would always reason alike, i winked at Brainbox, and he understood i wanted him to join me to go submit my L102 Assignment to the Lecturer.

As we walked to Nkiru's Shop bare footed, Brainbox said, "Flow, i go dey for back of the shop, u go dey throw them the slippers come where i dey". "No wahala" I replied. What it meant was that i had a big task ahead.

"Nkiru, i wan buy slippers, the big size" I said as i got to Nkiru's shop. "take am there and give me money" Nkiru replied. I took a pair of slippers and gave her the 500naira. "i no get change here oh, make i go bring change come" Nkiru said and rushed into the house.

Opportunity!! Big Opportunity.

I threw a pair of Slippers quickly, and i threw another pair. But before i could throw the final pair, Nkiru came with the change. Since i was with one pair of slippers and i already threw two pairs to Brainbox, so in other to complete the pair of Slippers, i quickly demanded, "Nkiru abeg give me another Slippers". She gave me, and i left peacefully.

Peacefully indeed, as a successful candidate of L102 course. An "A" course.

As i walked out of Nkiru's Shop, i saw Haruna came walking towards me.

I was wearing a pair of slippers, and i held another pair.

The way Haruna stared at me, it was as if he was suspecting i stole the pair of Slippers i held. "i no thief am oh, i buy am, them the one wey i thief dey with Brainbox" If i said that, maybe i would instantly run Mad.

Talking of Mad, i quickly recalled Haruna's threat. And i promised myself i would talk to my guys for us to go plead for Haruna's forgiveness. And that they should remember Haruna gave us just 24hours.

"Make we go beg Haruna na, make we no run mad oh" I said as i entered the room. "Bone that thing abeg, that Aboki want make we fear" Baba jay said. "na lie oh, him mean am oh, make we go beg am oh" I repeated. "Flow leave that thing jor, why u be fear-fear like dis" Man said. "how i no go fear? u no see feather wey blood dey wey him carry that time" I yet repeated. "Flow we no dey go beg am jor, that feather no mean anything abeg" Snoop replied.

"E mean something oh! E mean something oh!" I warned.

Like the pidgin English adage goes; "fly wey no dey hear word dey follow dead body enter grave".

Since i was called "fear-fear" just because i told my friends what i felt was right. Well, i had done my best. I was sure even if Haruna cursed madness on all of us, my madness wouldn't be as severe as theirs, or so i tot.

4 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ladybianca(f): 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
lol.........flow u re seriously so funny....kip it up

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ladybianca: lol.........flow u re seriously so funny....kip it up

queen of my heart. How u dey?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by valboy20(m): 11:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Flow i don show again....itx bera only u go n confess, dat aboki fit mean am o
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2013
We left home on our way to Nekede Exclusive garden.

How we were dressed, whoever sees us would know the nature of our job. We were all wearing rubber slippers, shabby trousers, Brainbox was even wearing a worn out shirt.

We crossed Otammiri River, not by swimming but by canoe. We canoed and paid 20naira each to the canoe rider.

We walked a little distance before we got to Nekede Exclusive garden. The beautiful Nekede Exclusive garden.

The Estate was really a masterpiece. Infact no Estate in Owerri was a beautiful as it. "Man this house dem fine oh" I mentioned with my mouth ajar. "ehen na, u no know say na here all dis politicians dey stay" Man replied. "so where the place wey we go work na?" Brainbox asked Man, "when we reach there u go see the place" how else was Man suppose to respond.

My mouth was still ajar in astonishment when i saw a beautiful lady walking towards us smiling, "wetin make dis one dey smile? How she no go smile, wey she don chop bellefull. Ajebutter pekin, see as she f'at like bread wey dem put for water" I said to my guys in a voice not loud enough for her to hear, my guys laughed.

"Flow!! Long time oh" She said as she came close. The intonation(a.k.a phoney) she used to say that made my brain interpreted what she said as, "Flower long ti oh" i tot she was talking of the flower planted by the roadside. I tot the name of the Beautiful flower was "long ti oh". "Flow, is dis really your?" she said again, this time my brain interpreted her "phoney" correctly.

She was Favour, the ever "phoney" Favour. Our course Rep. in our final year in school. Very intelligent, but her problem was her "phoney". Mehn! She too like phoney. When we were in school, if she wanted to pass an information to the whole class, sometimes we made use of an interpreter to interpret her Swahili to English, because her speaking sounded like 70% Swahili and 30% French.

"what are u doing here? Do u stay here?" She asked me after giving me a "b'reastful" hug(my guys jealous no be small, especially Baba jay). "Yes! Sorry, No, i came to see a friend" I said as i tried my best for her not to see i wore slippers. "ok, i stay here, my Dad owns that house over there" She said pointing to a heaven on earth building.

We chatted a bit. I was not even paying attention to what she said, i was imagining how she had become chubbier, both "nyash wise" and "b'ooby wise".

After she finished speaking Swahili, she left catwalking and i never even bordered to get her phone number because even in my wierdest dream, i dared not asked such a lady out, unless i wan die young.

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Jerry2i(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2013
Flow man tnks man 4 dis early mornin tonic.
More mb 2 u data plan
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donifez(m): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2013
Oga flowey i dey feel ur story ooh...keep it up.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by chingy74: 9:48am On Apr 06, 2013
flow fanks 4 dis mornin lafta, ve a fulfild dy
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by chingy74: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2013
flow fanks dis mornin lafta, ve a fulfild dy
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Melancholy(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2013
Flow favour fit sure for u oo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
It was an upstairs kponkpon, we would have to go upstairs to pour the rice and beans.

Very risky kponkpon, as someone might mistakenly fall off. Or so i tot.

because of how risky it was to climb upstairs to pour the rice and beans, the money was 700naira per bag instead of the normal 600naira per bag.

War started.

It was indeed war because we were like 15guys. A look at the wierd and rough looking guys, i was sure about half of them were Masters holders in kponkponity, while the rest were Phd holders in kponkponical Engineering.

I and Brainbox were just WASSC holders tutored by our master Man who was just a Bsc holder.

Funny enough, Baba jay couldn't be regarded as a FSLC holder but a Nursery school certificate holder, that is if there was any certificate like that.

Work started.

Mehn!! it wasn't as easy as i tot. Some guys were even taking dry gin to serve as an Energy boaster.

I took a sip of the dry gin, so did Baba jay.

It didn't only boast my strength, it made me developed wings. I was flying.

As for Baba jay, it made him changed his walking step to that of a Robot.

Before i knew it, i was on my fifth bag.

Baba jay was really a fast learner, he was catching up with the kponkpon tutorial he was learning from some of the Phd holders in the game.

I could finish only six bags before work closed. Lazy me!! When there was a guy that did 15bags, even Man did 9bags.

As we walked home, i was happy for Baba jay that atleast his first day to work in the "Ministry of Kponkpon" wasn't a tragedy like mine.

I never knew Tragedy would soon come for him.

Hereditary "wahala" awaited him.

Something i never knew Baba jay had.

Something i only saw on Tv. I saw it in reality for the first time.

9 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by PBeni(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Chai! Baba flow why u come leave us half way nah? Come update abeg cos this ya story make sense like emeka...
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by generaliy07(m): 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
oga flow abi wetin dem dey call u,if u no dey find wahala wey pass kponkponity,hereditary or whatever,give us more updates sharpaly,i slept off and woke after 3 hours to refresh,and all i could get is just one update,no make me vex oo.......*thinks again, e no easy o*...ehn...*changes voice**oga flow no vex,i juz dey talk say make u help my ribs,dem don crack with laff,make u update so i go fit take laff arrange them again....you're the bokoharam,sorry,militants,i mean,bomb!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Awesome piece, been readn it since morning, didnt even bother to follow it, was too busy reading, waitin for d next update Sir Flow, nw following!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
*just thinkn out loud* is it that most great writers had an extra year in school? Mazi did, nw flow? Hmm
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Bigflamie(m): 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
Thank goodness, i've reached where u guys are.
It's a very long story.
@Flow, i know the papa u're talking about, he owns one old mercedes benz.
Could you imaging that we drives all the way from Futo to umuerim those days jus to buy weed from him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.