Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549555 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by vision2050: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
What should I say? Just to conmmed your work, keep flowing my oga @ the everest.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
(takes deep breath, sighs, blows hair out of face, hand placed under chin) Floooow?

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
~Silent followa~...rolling on d floor...cnt xtop laffng oooo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Come on Flow...Pretty please grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by backtop(f): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hahaahahahahahhaahahaahahahaahaha flow u no go kill •̸Ϟ ̷̷̴̐͠€ ooooo, man wey dey reason save u oooo. Watin cum happen to biggie na ?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeano(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
flow, dis one no good o, u r kipin me in suspense...c as tex dey shake, she is now a drug addict cos of u, if she doesnt get dis doze, sth bad myt happen. Pls drop d required doz if u no wan cassualties. Hapi bday in advance flow
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by macderu(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
If flow ever decides to write a book, Tex'll be the first one to buy a copy! Dat one sure me die!!

Need I say more? lipsrsealed
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Two months later.

Big boys cutz became very lucrative, fetching us more money. From the weekly pay i collected as my share, i was able to pay all my debts in school. And i was able to drink atleast a bottle of Udeme every evening.

Not only that, smiling in my bank account was 150k that i had saved from the profit i made from Tupaco and Kpatalico conglomerate.

As for Tupacokpatalico, what was suppose to be a take home pay most times is exhausted before i get home. Sometimes i wondered whether Madam Ifeoma always "jazzed" our pay, that we couldn't give account of a sensible thing we used the money for.

Whether she jazzed it or not, was none of my business, atleast i was able to buy myself good clothes and shoes with the money, and perfumes too. Aboki perfumes.

Man introduced me to an "Aboki" friend of his that sold pungent smelling perfumes to us. Some smelled like Insecticide, some smelled like Fuel, while others smelled like Kerosene. That wasn't the main Issue, the main issue was the names of these perfumes. Funny names like; Story P, Pandoko, Jodo Jodo, Kula Kula, Bens, Flato, ecetera.

Of all the "designer" Aboki perfumes, i became a die hard fan of "Flato", for nothing special but because the letter "F" was the first letter. Flato smelled different from most of the Aboki perfumes in more ways than one.

While most Aboki perfumes smelled like Fuel, Flato smelled like Pesticide.

While most Aboki perfumes felt cool when sprayed on one's skin, Flato burnt like hell once it touches the skin.

And like Onion, Flato always brought out tears from my eyes.

"Flow why you dey cry na?" Brainbox asked.

"so because water dey comot for my eye nahim mean say i dey cry?" I queried.

I was really in tears, all thanks to Flato. I wasn't only in tears, i was in pains also.

"Flow why you do face like s'hit na?" Man asked.

My face looked like poo is an understatement, i was a monkey look-alike.

"how man pekin go use him money go buy wetin go dey make am cry, how man pekin go use him money go buy wetin go dey pain am for body? Nawa oh!" I cried within me. I dared not complained to Man's hearing, because i had earlier told him i so much loved how Flato smelled, that i had never seen a perfume that smelled so nicely since i was born. A Big lie it was.

"Flow na Kuli Kuli you wan go buy wey you dey spray perfume, nawa for you oh, do quick na, hungry dey wayah me" Snoop said.

"wetin concern you, na you buy the perfume for me?" I replied.

Of a truth, since i became a fan of Flato Aboki perfume, i sprayed it morning, afternoon, and night, sometimes i even sprayed it in my dream. Not only me, Man too.

But his own smelled like "Nchanwu".

Nchanwu in Ibo is the same as "Efinrin" in Yoruba and it is called "Scent leaf" in English the Lingua Sandra, i mean Lingua Francesca, Lingua Franca rather.

I bought the Kuli Kuli from the same Aboki that sold us perfumes.

"Flow where you buy this Kuli Kuli?" Snoop asked, as we started "smoking" the Garri.

Not the kind of "smoking" you know. Smoking Garri means drinking Garri.

Garri, a.k.a G4, a.k.a Cassava flakes, a.k.a Golden morn, a.k.a G-unit.

"na for Alhaji Bala place, na Man say make we dey buy Kuli Kuli there" I answered.

"why the Kuli Kuli dey taste like wetin dem piss on top na" Brainbox noticed.

I tasted it to comfirm what Brainbox was complaining of. The Kuli Kuli did not only taste like pee, it smelled like Man's Nchanwu perfume.

"the Kuli Kuli sweet jor" Man said.

"how e no go sweet? Na because na ur friend sell am for us na" I queried.

"abeg i no dey drink again jor" Brainbox left the "drinking" floor. So did Snoop.

So also did Flow, and Man was left alone munching the pee/Nchanwu Kuli Kuli and the G-unit.

"make i go open shop na, rain don stop" Snoop said.

"i dey miss Baba jay oh" He added.

Since Baba jay travelled to his village in Ohafia in Abia state, Snoop hardly opened Big boys cutz for business, he always used either that it was too sunny or it was raining as an excuse.

"guys Baba jay call me, him say him see Bigie for Ohafia" Tupac said as he entered Big boys cutz.

"Bigie dey mad oh, so na for Ohafia him go hide" Brainbox wondered.

"guy make all of us enter Ohafia go catch am na" I gave a nonesense suggestion.

If you reason what i suggested with the front side of your brain, it would be nonesense.

But if you reason it with the back of your brain, you would see the sense in the suggestion. That na if you smoke Igboh oh.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by valboy20(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mr flow...you no get part two for nairaland jhor.

TeX. I c u

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Coldfaya(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Followed dis thread right from when it was a kid, and now its approaching its 100th page..........make sence thread walahi. Flow make sure u mark page 100 with updates. Derailers mk una free page 100 for only flow oooo.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
On my tentackle i fire 2 unizik to walkete nd stumbete anota, Ab 4kizo v teribly landed.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by hotswagg12: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Baba flow I hail u oh. U be correct man. Keep up d good work.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by deji47: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
ehmmm flow don spill finish, get doe 4 bank, bigie on d run, curtain falls on this wonderful thread just as it reaches a milestone of 100 pages.
Flow double tuale 4 u. May u continue to flow......Aseee!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Aluta continual
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pesticide, ewwww...where can I send something that smells good and wont burn your skin off?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Flow, i know what am doing. Wait wait wait
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
Do now. Abi kilode?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeano(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
flow, pls, dis story should nt end. Once d tru story end, add fables. We no mind, No, I mean ;I no mind.

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
Flow, na as ilorin dey always help you for ppa, na im man sef dey for your home and away match. You get luck gaan
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
Na me wan first comment for the 100th page oo.

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
This tin must reach 100 today today.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Happy birthday in advance flow.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
We give upppp
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
opeano: flow, pls, dis story should nt end. Once d tru story end, add fables. We no mind, No, I mean ;I no mind.

How can the story end? Even if the story is not completely factual, it is based on Flow's life. Right? Is your life over Flow? Will you not still have adventures? We all grow older. I like to think wiser. I hope, if this thread ends, you will start another. We who follow you want to continue the adventure with you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donigspain(m): 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
flow1759: Two months later.

Big boys cutz became very lucrative, fetching us more money. From the weekly pay i collected as my share, i was able to pay all my debts in school. And i was able to drink atleast a bottle of Udeme every evening.

Not only that, smiling in my bank account was 150k that i had saved from the profit i made from Tupaco and Kpatalico conglomerate.

As for Tupacokpatalico, what was suppose to be a take home pay most times is exhausted before i get home. Sometimes i wondered whether Madam Ifeoma always "jazzed" our pay, that we couldn't give account of a sensible thing we used the money for.

Whether she jazzed it or not, was none of my business, atleast i was able to buy myself good clothes and shoes with the money, and perfumes too. Aboki perfumes.

Man introduced me to an "Aboki" friend of his that sold pungent smelling perfumes to us. Some smelled like Insecticide, some smelled like Fuel, while others smelled like Kerosene. That wasn't the main Issue, the main issue was the names of these perfumes. Funny names like; Story P, Pandoko, Jodo Jodo, Kula Kula, Bens, Flato, ecetera.

Of all the "designer" Aboki perfumes, i became a die hard fan of "Flato", for nothing special but because the letter "F" was the first letter. Flato smelled different from most of the Aboki perfumes in more ways than one.

While most Aboki perfumes felt cool when sprayed on one's skin, Flato burnt like hell once it touches the skin.

I was really in tears, all thanks to Flato. I wasn't only in tears, i was in pains also.

"how man pekin go use him money go buy wetin go dey make am cry, how man pekin go use him money go buy wetin go dey pain am for body? Nawa oh!" I cried within me. I dared not complained to Man's hearing, because i had earlier told him i so much loved how Flato smelled, that i had never seen a perfume that smelled so nicely since i was born. A Big lie it was.

"Flow na Kuli Kuli you wan go buy wey you dey spray perfume, nawa for you oh, do quick na, hungry dey wayah me" Snoop said.

Of a truth, since i became a fan of Flato Aboki perfume, i sprayed it morning, afternoon, and night, sometimes i even sprayed it in my dream. Not only me, Man too.

Nchanwu in Ibo is the same as "Efinrin" in Yoruba and it is called "Scent leaf" in English the Lingua Sandra, i mean Lingua Francesca, Lingua Franca rather.

"Flow where you buy this Kuli Kuli?" Snoop asked, as we started "smoking" the Garri.

"na for Alhaji Bala place, na Man say make we dey buy Kuli Kuli there" I answered.

I tasted it to comfirm what Brainbox was complaining of. The Kuli Kuli did not only taste like pee, it smelled like Man's Nchanwu perfume.

"abeg i no dey drink again jor" Brainbox left the "drinking" floor. So did Snoop.

So also did Flow, and Man was left alone munching the pee/Nchanwu Kuli Kuli and the G-unit.

Since Baba jay travelled to his village in Ohafia in Abia state, Snoop hardly opened Big boys cutz for business, he always used either that it was too sunny or it was raining as an excuse.

"guys Baba jay call me, him say him see Bigie for Ohafia" Tupac said as he entered Big boys cutz.

If you reason what i suggested with the front side of your brain, it would be nonesense.

But if you reason it with the back of your brain, you would see the sense in the suggestion. That na if you smoke Igboh oh.
100th page tinzgrin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donigspain(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
flow1759: Two months later.

gringrin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Firstgentleman1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
donigspain: 100th page tinzgrin
tongue tongue. Let the race begin.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donigspain(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
The race!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.