Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30224 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Demdem(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Are you finally denying Oshomole? So Oshiomole has collaborated with the aviation minister to defraud us? That is really sad for ACN. If one of your beacon of light has suddenly gone rogue and licking the azz of the minister of aviation after claiming the FG has nothing to do a GGT for, then ACN is a real fraud! Very sad

grin
Fool, this thread is about the pictures of the warehouse built by stealla and not oshiomole or his party.
Still waiting for u to substantiate ur claims grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
shymexx: This is the national express bus station in Birmingham, UK - and it looks far better than the rubbish on this thread..
Dude, I hope you know these people barely know what a coach station is like!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by me1234: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2013
This is complete rubbish.anyone that is well travelled will agree with me from the pictures at this time and age that this is a disgrace.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 12:06am On Mar 13, 2013
Ozonna:

Oga, its not even fair to compare Nigeria to Italy because frankly speaking there is no basis for comparison. Benin Airport was designed for just 400 passengers @ a time. I've not been to Italy, but I think the Da vinci airport have Ϯh℮ capacity to contain far over 400 passengers @ a time. So we can't compare both airports.

Kudos to Pres GEJ
Yet Nigeria spend far more than Italy spend annually and you still see no reason to compare,what a chronic m0ron.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I ask you, does this remodelling tell you there is any strategic thinking concerning the future of that Airport? Benin City has a population close to 1million I believe. I fly from London to Newcastle, and guess what, that city is only 300,000 people, yet the Airport can handle both local and international flights without much worries. Was that Airport always that way? Nope. Strategic thinkers redefined that Airport and today, Emirates fly into Newcastle from Dubai!

This is how you keep shooting yourself in the foot and making a fool of yourself publicly. You, in you fooolishness, forget there is something called wikipedia!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Airport

From the page:

"The Airport was opened on
26 July 1935 as Woolsington
Aerodrome by the Secretary
of State for Air, Sir Phillip
Cunliffe-Lister. Incorporating
a clubhouse, hangar,
workshops, fuel garage and
grass runway, at the time it
cost £35,000 to build."

"A new
£27 million extension was
opened in 2000 by then-
Prime Minister Tony Blair"
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 12:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: For real, so you are now Comparing Benin Airport to Da Vinci Airport of over a century old ? This is classic! Since Lord Lugard, this is the best Airport any President has ever built for the Benin air travellers, am sure the people of Benin appreciate it. Come to think about it, this is just one of the many Airports that are remodeled or constructed by the GEJ's government of uncommon transformation.
I am not in any way surprised knowing fully well you are nothing but a known troll with half educated combobulated brain
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Look I flew into that Airport in 2009 and also flew out of that Airport in 2011 so I know what it was like okay. If telling you the truth is insults, then so be it. It is a shame that your generation will continue to support this senseless waste. Does it make sense to you that N700million will be spent on remodelling that Airport? Seriously you think that is what Nigerians deserve from their government? Someone is even mentioning 1000KVA generator set, yet we know even the one in Lagos failed just last week and more than half of the Airport was without power! Does that not tell you someone is not thinking?

I ask you, does this remodelling tell you there is any strategic thinking concerning the future of that Airport? Benin City has a population close to 1million I believe. I fly from London to Newcastle, and guess what, that city is only 300,000 people, yet the Airport can handle both local and international flights without much worries. Was that Airport always that way? Nope. Strategic thinkers redefined that Airport and today, Emirates fly into Newcastle from Dubai!
Since you have decided to purge your response of all insulting mannerisms, then I will respond to your assertion in a gentlemanly way. You are well traveled, infact you have expanciated on that many times. Those cities you mentioned, if I am not mistaken are the ones that colonized Nigeria. So in essence, we are still toddlers when compared to them, although this is not an excuse for non-performance, I can only say if the previous administrations had to taken the airport to where it is, then this administration would have crowned it better and even comparable to your desired model. Lest not forget, that the Feds has been up to speed with construction and renovation of more than 9 Airports randomly, so its commendable the pace this has been handled. Talking about 700 million naira for renovation. Yes, the cost is moderate considering the cost of radar system, remote vidcom equipments etc, That being said, Rome was not built in a day, London and Newcastle werent too.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:10am On Mar 13, 2013
In the 1970s, with passenger
figures approaching one
million per year, the Airport
status was changed to
Category B, making it a
regional international airport,
in the same decade it was re-
branded as Newcastle
Airport. The 80's saw further
investment in check-in,
catering and duty-free shops.
In 1991, Airport Metro station
opened, connecting the
airport with Newcastle and
later in 2002 Sunderland city
centres using the Tyne and
Wear Metro system.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:12am On Mar 13, 2013
@Billyonaire, bros, give me chance make I punish this chap abeg!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 13, 2013
chucky234: I am not in any way surprised knowing fully well you are nothing but a known troll with half educated combobulated brain
You are not a real man, you always bicker and insult like an ugly lady. When you are ready to discuss as a man, then call me up, for now I will dismiss you with a wave of my left hand.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope: @Bilionaire, bros, give me chance make I punish this chap abeg!
Ride on bro. I will be strolling at the side walk.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:18am On Mar 13, 2013
"In
2006 a record 5.4 million
passengers used the Airport,
according to Civil Aviation
Authority figures. Passenger
figures were expected to
approach seven million by
2009[citation needed],
although due to the financial
crisis of 2007–2010 and
subsequent recession, the
actual figure fell short of that
number by around 2.5
million."

This is the airport you are comparing to Benin airport that has like 5 flights per day? SMH!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Dude, I hope you know these people barely know what a coach station is like!

Lmao... Perhaps, that's why they're so happy... grin
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Where are you hiding! Come out from your hole! I can see you listed in the "viewing this topic" list!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:21am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

This is how you keep shooting yourself in the foot and making a fool of yourself publicly. You, in you fooolishness, forget there is something called wikipedia!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Airport

From the page:

"The Airport was opened on
26 July 1935 as Woolsington
Aerodrome by the Secretary
of State for Air, Sir Phillip
Cunliffe-Lister. Incorporating
a clubhouse, hangar,
workshops, fuel garage and
grass runway, at the time it
cost £35,000 to build."

"A new
£27 million extension was
opened in 2000 by then-
Prime Minister Tony Blair"
Can you really not see how stupid you sound? You are even corroborating the points I buttressed in my submission! Someone saw the need to open a new market in North West and a strategic investment was made to upgrade that Airport to international standards. FYI, Sunderland also has an Airport, but Newcastle Airport was Strategically upgraded and today is one of the Airports used mostly by Tourist into and from North West.

You are not even ashamed to post that the Airport was upgraded for barely £27million for which if you factor in inflation in today's terms could be £41million. Now tell me, the £4bn your greedy mistress wants to spend on a useless mission house, will that amount not do justice in giving Nigeria just four of Newcastle Airport?

Dude, I really do not expect you to see how stupid you come across because you haven't lived a life above average to know that what you are getting from your government is mediocre!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by owo2000: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Foolish followers and lazy leaders.

When will you folks wake up? This is nothing but propaganda that the foolish calls progress. God in heaven is not happy about this.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope: "In
2006 a record 5.4 million
passengers used the Airport,
according to Civil Aviation
Authority figures. Passenger
figures were expected to
approach seven million by
2009[citation needed],
although due to the financial
crisis of 2007–2010 and
subsequent recession, the
actual figure fell short of that
number by around 2.5
million."

This is the airport you are comparing to Benin airport that has like 5 flights per day? SMH!
What was the figure before that Airport was upgraded? Can you post the figures please? ..let me show you how silly you really come across! FYI, you GROW Airport capacity by investing in world class equipment and professionals. Do you think any Airline would want to fly a shuttle to Benin Airport from Abidjan with those shed of a structure?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 13, 2013
These ACN rats are so predictable. First their propaganda was that the govt was not DOING ANYTHING but now the propaganda has changed. It is either the projects do not compare with the ones in Rome, the contract was awarded by Lord Lugard, or in some cases they talk about inflated contracts.

The desperation in their post is palpable. These guys are doing EVERY THING humanly and otherwise possible to remain relevant on this forum.

Anyway, the bad news I have for the ACN rats on this forum is that tthe train of transformation is on the move. The minister of Aviation has done marvelously well. I recall when she was appointed, she had to visit all the Airports with press men. The dilapidation she saw was so terrible that she openly shed tears at one of the Airports ( I think Portharcourt). B But glory be to God, about 18months down the line, many of our Airports are wearing new looks. Transformation is sweeping through the aviation sector as well as other sectors. This is a year of HARVEST. Before the end of this year, some haters will be so frustrated that they'll commit suicide.

By the way, FAAN should ensure maintenance of those new facilities

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:26am On Mar 13, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Perhaps, that's why they're so happy... grin
Of course! And they cannot think with their head why these same leaders they foolish worship are always trooping down here..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by moonraker(m): 12:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Meanwhile, In lagos, there are plans of building a 10,000 space car park

instead of restructuring the airport....

bleeping fuckards shocked angry
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:32am On Mar 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Since you have decided to purge your response of all insulting mannerisms, then I will respond to your assertion in a gentlemanly way. You are well traveled, infact you have expanciated on that many times. Those cities you mentioned, if I am not mistaken are the ones that colonized Nigeria. So in essence, we are still toddlers when compared to them, although this is not an excuse for non-performance, I can only say if the previous administrations had to taken the airport to where it is, then this administration would have crowned it better and even comparable to your desired model. Lest not forget, that the Feds has been up to speed with construction and renovation of more than 9 Airports randomly, so its commendable the pace this has been handled. Talking about 700 million naira for renovation. Yes, the cost is moderate considering the cost of radar system, remote vidcom equipments etc, That being said, Rome was not built in a day, London and Newcastle werent too.
So in your Godly mind, repainting those buildings and fixing chairs would cost N700million? Seriously? Look, previous administration may not have done something, but it is worse that this administration will spend so much in the name of upgrading the airport and yet the place looks like a glorified shopping mall undecided In Edo State, every knows Lucky Igbinedion did nothing in all of His 8 years, but when Oshiomhole came on board, He started constructing projects at very good quality, and reasonably cost. Hence the main reason the people love Him so much.

Nigeria cannot at this stage be investing in projects of backwardness and spending so much in do so! Benin Airport can be turned into a profitable regional hub that can handle both local and international flights at peak period of 1,500 passengers. Yes, the FG can grow the capacity utilisation of that Airport, if only a man with a vision is handling the Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Can you really not see how stupid you sound? You are even corroborating the points I buttressed in my submission! Someone saw the need to open a new market in North West and a strategic investment was made to upgrade that Airport to international standards. FYI, Sunderland also has an Airport, but Newcastle Airport was Strategically upgraded and today is one of the Airports used mostly by Tourist into and from North West.

You are not even ashamed to post that the Airport was upgraded for barely £27million for which if you factor in inflation in today's terms could be £41million. Now tell me, the £4bn your greedy mistress wants to spend on a useless mission house, will that amount not do justice in giving Nigeria just four of Newcastle Airport?

Dude, I really do not expect you to see how stupid you come across because you haven't lived a life above average to know that what you are getting from your government is mediocre!

The main reason I quoted this your post is so you don't modify it! You are real Oponu!

1. You went and compared Benin airport to an airport established in 1935 and has seen decades and decades of upgrade and remodelling just to discredit GEJ

2. You compared a (in your own computation) £41 million remodelling to a N700 million (approx £2.5 million) remodelling

3. You now tried to divert attention but then again you claimed the first lady asked for £4 billion.

You are not only a big fooool, you are also a confused illiterate! My conclusion is simple. You have never travelled anywhere. You are yahoo boy just using google to pull up info and pasting it on NL. You should go do GCE again.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by felixtare(m): 12:34am On Mar 13, 2013
monkeyleg:

Another pleb, who has no measure of quality. the workmanship of that airport is very poor. Please feel free to snap pictures of that dump, send it to Architectural digest, and see what they say. That is if you know what architectural digest is. I really don't give a phuck what the governor or aviation minister says, the quality of work is very poor

Mr I too know aka (Itk_)am not even sure you have achieve anything meaningful in ur life.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
So in your Godly mind, repainting those buildings and fixing chairs would cost N700million? Seriously? Look, previous administration may not have done something, but it is worse that this administration will spend so much in the name of upgrading the airport and yet the place looks like a glorified shopping mall undecided In Edo State, every knows Lucky Igbinedion did nothing in all of His 8 years, but then when Oshiomhole came on board, He started constructing projects at very good quality, and reasonably cost. Hence the main reason the people love Him so much.

Shopping mall ke? This place looks more like a gala and coca cola kiosk.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1: In Edo State, every knows Lucky Igbinedion did nothing in all of His 8 years, but then when Oshiomhole came on board, He started constructing projects at very good quality, and reasonably cost. Hence the main reason the people love Him so much.

Same Oshiomole commissioned and celebrated the remodelling of the airport. Oshiomole must be a confused fraudster!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by EkoIle1: 12:39am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

The main reason I quoted this your post is so you don't modify it! You are real Oponu!

1. You went and compared Benin airport to an airport established in 1935 and has seen decades and decades of upgrade and remodelling just to discredit GEJ

2. You compared a (in your own computation) £41 million remodelling to a N700 million (approx £2.5 million) remodelling

3. You now tried to divert attention but then again you claimed the first lady asked for £4 billion.

You are not only a big fooool, you are also a confused illiterate! My conclusion is simple. You have never travelled anywhere. You are yahoo boy just using google to pull up info and pasting it on NL. You should go do GCE again.

£2.5 million for that cheap looking poultry cage ?

No wonder I don't take you cassava bread people seriously...
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
So in your Godly mind, repainting those buildings and fixing chairs would cost N700million? Seriously? Look, previous administration may not have done something, but it is worse that this administration will spend so much in the name of upgrading the airport and yet the place looks like a glorified shopping mall undecided In Edo State, every knows Lucky Igbinedion did nothing in all of His 8 years, but then when Oshiomhole came on board, He started constructing projects at very good quality, and reasonably cost. Hence the main reason the people love Him so much.

So in essence whats the problem ? That the Airport was constructed at 700m or its not an international standard Airport ? To construct an Airport as great as JFK would probably cost over several billions of Naira and its not cool to spend such money on Benin Airport due to low comparative patronage, and the Government decided to just remodel at a lower cost of less than a billion and you are still complaining ? Today at Catholic Mass at Ikoyi, the Father analysed a Bible story about Jesus healing a sick man on Sabbath day, and instead of Pharisees being thankful that Jesus Christ healed the sick, but they shouted that he should be arrested for healing on a Sabbath Day! My Question is; Are you a political Pharisee ?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Abrantie: 12:40am On Mar 13, 2013
May be the title should have been "Pictures Of Benin Airport Being Renovated".
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by azzima(m): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Maybe I need to post you pictures of Luton Airport huh undecided For real, you really do not know how stupid you guys come across with your attempting to defend this criminality perpetuated by the subsidy thief!
reminds me of when I attended a church service in a very local high school in northern virginia. I almost cried. That local school beats any University in Nigeria..this is not about comparing. But we need to have some standards.that's the problem here.enlightened folks know what I am talking abiut but bushboys won't because they ha e nothing to compare to.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What was the figure before that Airport was upgraded? Can you post the figures please? ..let me show you how silly you really come across! FYI, you GROW Airport capacity by investing in world class equipment and professionals. Do you think any Airline would want to fly a shuttle to Benin Airport from Abidjan with those shed of a structure?

I have given you good advise. Go back to school!

You do not grow airport traffic by investing is world class equipment. People do not travel to a place to see the airport. You grow airport traffic by growing the city's business and stuffs like tourism. You upgrade airports when the visiting traffic become too much for the current capacity. Go back to school!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by OmoTier1(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
thelastPope:

See this glorified primary school drop out cheesy Does it matter when Newcastle Airport was first built? Does it not bother you that someone was able to reason that the Airport can be upgraded to become a regional hub? I keep comparing Benin Airport ith anew castle because the two city are of comparable population and also compare favourably in terms of geographical locations in both countries.

Your shallow brain can not fathom the fact that if someone was actually thinking, a good business would have been pressed forward to the FG government on the need to upgrade that Airport with barely £40m to last for another 15years instead of wasting £4.2m in reprint sheds that will fall apart I barely two years undecided

Haha, FYI, easyjet, British airways flight from London to Newcastle and return is barely £120 if you book early and I get to fly there anytime I am in Newcastle or when Arsenal is playing there! Duh...
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by azzima(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Maybe I need to post you pictures of Luton Airport huh undecided For real, you really do not know how stupid you guys come across with your attempting to defend this criminality perpetuated by the subsidy thief!
reminds me of when I attended a church service in a very local high school in northern virginia. I almost cried. That local school beats any University in Nigeria..this is not about comparing. But we need to have some standards.that's the problem here.enlightened folks know what I am talking about but bushboys won't because they have nothing to compare to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Foil Cult Initiation Ceremony In Enugu, Arrest 24 Suspects (Photos) / Reno Omokri Blasts Fashola, Fayemi For "Betraying Tinubu", Nigerians React / Dr Maduka Builds, Donates 40 Free Flats To 40 Widows In Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.