Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64956 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

You may need English lessons if you cannot comprehend a simple grammatical expression! No offence intended.

italo:

It is the Bible that calls Mary the mother of Jesus and God his Father.

You obviously dont believe the Bible.

Please with the write up i will put up here after this post, i advice ktjohnpaul and italo to pick up a bible and read it alongside what i will put up here after this so you will gain understanding. I will try to simplify it so even you would understand and comprehend grammatical expression
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

2 Sam 6:9 "And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?"

This Scripture parallels

Luke 1:44 "And how is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" Note that Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit before she spoke these words out.

Remember that Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, she bore him for 9 consecutive month in her womb, keeping him free from original sin, because she was FULL OF GRACE.

So if Jesus is “The Word Made Flesh”, then Mary is “The Ark Made Flesh”.

Mary is the Ark of your New Covenant. Mary has no power to keep anybody free from sin. She had to fight for her own salvation. What happened to all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God? If Mary is full of grace, what of Enoch that never tasted death? What of Melchizedek that had no mother or Father?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2013
[b]Catholics have recited the “Hail Mary” prayer for many years. It includes the words, “Holy Mary, Mother of God.” These words represent one of the most treasured doctrines of Catholicism. In A.D. 431, the Council of Ephesus proclaimed Mary “to be the mother of God because God the Word took flesh and became man and from his very conception united to himself the temple he took from her” . One of the arguments used extensively to support this doctrine is presented as follows: (1) Mary was the mother of Jesus; (2) Jesus is God; (3) therefore, Mary is the “Mother of God.” This syllogism may seem logical, but the conclusion is superficial. Consider the following.

First, although the Bible documents that Mary became the mother of Jesus and clearly teaches that Jesus is God, it never states, or even implies, that Mary was (or is) the “Mother of God.” For a theological syllogism to explain correctly the relationship between Mary and God, it must be based on biblical truth. We can propose correctly that (1) Jesus is God (Hebrews 1: 8 ) (2) God became flesh (John 1:1,14 ) (3) therefore, Mary is the mother of Jesus according to the flesh (Romans 9: 5 ), i.e., Jesus’ physical body.

Second, we should keep in mind that Deity is not constituted by a literal family—with fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters—like some of the gods of Greek and Roman mythology. Although we refer to the first and second Persons of the Godhead as the Father and the Son, these titles do not denote a literal familial bond, but emphasize Their united and divine nature. To refer to Mary as the “Mother of God” is to misunderstand the nature of Deity and misapply Scripture.

Third, consider the consequences which develop from such an inappropriate use of the syllogism aforementioned. Since the Bible records that Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18 ), Catholics conclude that it is correct to refer to Mary as “the daughter of God the Father, Mother of Jesus Christ, and true spouse of the Holy Spirit” If the Holy Spirit is Mary’s “husband” (and, therefore, Jesus’ “father”), and Jesus is God, would not the Holy Spirit be the “father” of God? This is not only a completely erroneous application of Scripture, but also blasphemous theology. Now let us consider some additional evidence from the Bible that further explains Mary’s relationship to God.

God does not have a physical mother.

Speaking to the Son, the Father declared, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever” (Hebrews 1: 8 ). In God’s revelation to the apostle John, the resurrected Christ said, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,...who is and who was and who is to come” (Revelation 1: 8 ). The Son did not have a beginning; He is the Beginning. “He was in the beginning with God” (John 1:1- 2 ). Paul pointed out, “He is before all things, and in Him all things consist” (Colossians 1:17).

The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity ( Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5).

Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David ( Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58 ). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5 ).

Mary never was considered the “Mother of God.”

There is not a single verse in the Bible that describes Mary as the “Mother of God.” In fact, none of the inspired writers of either the Old or New Testament gave even a hint that she should be regarded as such. This idea is based purely on human tradition. Mary considered herself as a “maidservant of the Lord” (Luke 1:38 ) and considered God as her “Savior” (Luke 1:47). Sadly, many have distorted this concept.

When speaking about the blessing of being chosen by God to be the mother of the Messiah, Mary declared: “For He [God] has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant” (Luke 1:48). Certainly the words “lowly state” would be inappropriate to refer to Mary if she is the “Mother of God.” the Greek word for “lowly state” is tapeinosis, which denotes “abasement, humiliation, or low estate” Mary was conscious of the humble state of her human condition.

Additionally, the New Testament makes it very clear Who became flesh. It was God Who took on the form of a man (John 1:14) and was born of a woman (Galatians 4:4). The woman did not become “divine” in order to conceive the Son of God. The Bible mentions Mary as the mother of Jesus, but never as the “Mother of God” (Mark 3:31; Luke 8:19; Acts 1:14).[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2013
YMCgyna: bukatyna bukatyne is vry confused.....hw do u even believe in trinity
witout knowing dat jesus christ is d only son of God dat was made man.born of virgin mary , suffered under pontius pilate , dead and was buried :he rose again from d dead and ascended in heaven

JESUS CHRIST IS ONE NT TWO....WAKE UP DEAR

You are the ones that are confused.

Jesus Christ (God) left His Glory above and came down to earth in human form. If you believe in trinity and say that Mary is the mother of God (The Son), how can He (God) feel hunger? Pain, how can God die? How can God forsake God?

You guys should wake up and smell the coffee
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by joilin(f): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2013
anitank: You do nothing. We just pray to her to intercede on our behalf
if u are praying to mary to intercede on ur behalf then what is Jesus doing at the right hand of God. Is he not interceding for you
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

The Holy Spirit married Mary? You better keep quiet before God slaps you.

gringringrin.. I love this lady
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia: '

SEE WHY I SAY YOU NEED TO FIRST GET THE HOLY SPIRIT BEFORE YOU STUDY THE WORD OF GOD? YOUR CONFUSION IS TAKING THE LITERAL WORD "WOMAN" THERE. THE WOMAN REFERRED TO IN REVELATIONS 12 REPRESENTS ISRAEL AND NOT MARY. ISRAEL GODS CHOSEN BRIDE AND HER OFFSPRING WHO IS CHRIST THE MESSIAH, (Rev 12:5; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; 66:7.8; Micah 5:2; Romans. 9:4,5)

The woman is not the church neither is it Mary, since the church or Mary did not bring forth Christ, But rather He brought forth the church and created Mary.

The sun reflects redeemed Israel's unique glory, brilliance and dignity because of her exulted status and shows her as God's chosen nation.

The moon under her feet alludes to God's promise of dominion, and the crown of twelve stars pictures royalty and relates to the 12 tribes of Israel. Go to Genesis 37 verses 9 - 11 and read about the dream Joseph had about the sun, moon and 11 stars which were bowing down to Joseph. (who was the 12th)

I am not singling you out of the lot, but I happen to love your passion to make a point about your believes which have led you to go over board and appear violent by using bold text in read colour making it highly repugnant to read. You may want to sub pedal on that approach so we can have a decent conversation. However my real query with you is that you have not redressed the fundamental issues I raised with you yesterday even when you noted you will.

Like many other people, if we do not address the issues raised, this post may end becoming a ranting party, that fails to teach, instruct and counsel.

As a Catholic, I am open to accepts my errors and acknowledge strengths in other argument, with the Bible as my guide.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT
Paul says in 1 Timothy 2:1- “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men.” (may be no intercessions for women, since only men is mentioned in scripture here)

So asking for intercessory prayer is a very biblical thing to do, especially from a holy person like Mary (James 5:16).

So how can Mary hear thousands of prayers said to her daily from all over the world? Isn’t she just a human being and not God? Catholics believe we share in God’s divinity when we are in heaven. Why? Because of the words of Peter, in

2 Pet.1:3: "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence 4: by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature."

We see from these verses of Peter that saints in heaven are partakers in the divine nature, which includes hearing prayers. Saints in heaven have no power of their own. All of their power comes from Christ Jesus, who shares it with them. We know that they witness for us, because of the words of St. Paul, in Hebrews 12:1: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses…” Witnesses testify to a judge on behalf of the accused, and Paul here is saying that the saints in heaven are our witnesses.

Asking these witnesses, especially Mary, to help us with our problems is a very good thing to do. Some people make the mistake of thinking that praying to a saint equals worshiping that saint like he/she is a god, but “to pray” simply means “to ask”, not “to worship”.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

John3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

John3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Does the scripture passage give you the answer you seek?

Was the baptism of John of water or of the Spirit? What righteousness was he trying to fulfill?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44: The remarkable thing, however, about Peter’s alleged bishopric in Rome, is that the New Testament has not one word to say about it. The word Rome occurs only nine times in the Bible, and never is Peter mentioned in connection with it. There is no allusion to Rome in either of his epistles. Paul’s journey to that city is recorded in great detail (Acts 27 and 28). There is in fact no New Testament evidence, nor any historical proof of any kind, that Peter ever was in Rome. All rests on legend. The first twelve chapters of the book of Acts tell of Peter’s ministry and travels in Palestine and Syria. Surely if he had gone to the capital of the empire, that would have been mentioned. We may well ask, if Peter was superior to Paul, why does he receive so little attention after Paul comes on the scene?

The doctrine of sola bible is not even a biblical concept as even the biblical authours quoted and reffered to books outside the bible.To suggest that once a thing is not in the bible is then false is most illogical to say the least.

The bible was created by the catholic church of the fourth century from a collections of hundreds of scriptural writings that was then extant.The apostles themselves never used the bible.The entire gospels were anonymous!! The names of their authours and apostolic origin was only attested through sacred apostolic tradition of the same catholic church you so despise!!

So we should equally assume Peter and Paul are still alive because their deaths were not mentioned in the bible!! How do you protestants even reason? So because Paul was more educated and consequently wrote more books than the apostles suddenly takes him above Peter?

Was Paul even an apostle in the true sense of the word considering he was not among the twelve.He was the greatest evangelist of the first century.

Alongside him,Peter and James the just(scarcely mentioned in the bible) were the most influential xtian leaders of the first century church.
@bolded is a wrong reasoning of scriptures.You don't have to be among the twelve to be called an Apostle by God.It was evident in scriptures that Paul had an apostolic mandate to the gentile nations.Stop belittling Paul here abeg.Try to do a study on the five fold ministry gifts.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:

Seriously? This s**t is so hillarous! And we are busy accusing another religion of hypnotising its followers with virgins and wine in heaven.......I never really knew some christians catholics are also hypnotised into believing the above! Little wonder why "narrow is the road that leads to salvation and broad is the road that leads to destruction". Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you guys even coined a biblical ideology to support idolatory. I just pray to God to send forth the holy spirit to broaden your understanding and comprehension of His word. Shalom!

*Unfollowing thread immediately*

gringringrin
bukatyne:

Can you quote the verse that calls Mary the mother of Jesus and God the Father of Jesus at the same time?

So the biblical verse must mention both @ the same time for it to be true.What a shallow way of reasoning.So even when a verse explicitly states Mary is the mother of the Lord we should wait for it to be simultaneously stated with Jesus been the son of God for it to be valid?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2013
honeric01:

He was baptised non the less because he was human just like everyone during that time!

He is confusing the water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2013
slim147:

YES YES and Capital YES ! Mary is billion miles powerful than the demon god oyedepo worship

Mary is powerful? What power does she have? Oyedepo worships a demon? Let's assume we really do not know who Oyedepo worships;

Is Mary more powerful than the God of Elijah?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

Good morning sire... You really did great with your answers and questions to them which had pulling out fake ideas from God knows where.. I commend you man.

May God teach us more of his ways.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]Nobody is condemning anybody. What we are doing is reproofing, correcting and instructing unto righteousness according to 2nd Timothy 3:16. If you do not clearly find something in the scriptures and you see it being practiced in your local church will you not question it or will you just go with the flow?

My counsel to my catholic brethren is that you get the holy spirit and then with the help of the holy spirit, study the word of God and ask for revelation from the word and allow the Holy spirit to teach you all truth because that is why Christ has given us the Holy spirit.

John 16:13-16
King James Version (KJV)
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me (NOT THE CHURCH, NOT MARY, NOT THE POPE, NOT SAINTS): for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Revelation 18:1-24 (THIS IS A DECLARATION ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH) BABYLON REFERS TO ROME
King James Version (KJV)
18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
[/b]

u are a big liar, u interpretation of rev 18 is a big lie.what!may God forgive u.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I SUPPOSE THAT IN LUKE 4 16 - 21 WHEN JESUS READ FROM THE BOOK OF ESAIAS (ISAIAH) YOUR SO CALLED PETER HAD BEEN CANONIZED. CONFUSION CONFUSION CONFUSION IS ALL YOU SEEM TO REPRESENT

gringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2013
I WANT TO POSE A QUESTION FROM THE FLESH TO MY CATHOLIC MINDED BRETHREN. AND PLEASE INDULGE ME BY GIVING ME ALL THE ANSWERS YOU CAN, THIS QUESTION IS RELATED TO THE ISSUE AT HAND.

IS A SURROGATE GENETICALLY RELATED TO A CHILD?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2013
Bidam: @bolded is a wrong reasoning of scriptures.You don't have to be among the twelve to be called an Apostle by God.It was evident in scriptures that Paul had an apostolic mandate to the gentile nations.Stop belittling Paul here abeg.Try to do a study on the five fold ministry gifts.

Bidam: @bolded is a wrong reasoning of scriptures.You don't have to be among the twelve to be called an Apostle by God.It was evident in scriptures that Paul had an apostolic mandate to the gentile nations.Stop belittling Paul here abeg.Try to do a study on the five fold ministry gifts.

The book of Revelation explplicitly claims the the new Jerusalem stands on 12 pillars representing the 12 apostles of the lamb.The number 12 is a definite number.Even after Judas's death only one person was chosen to replace him out of 2 just to complete the number 12.

St Paul in spite of is industry is not really an apostle in the true sense of the word.He is to be ranked alongside Barnabas,Apollos,Stephen and others who played major roles after the resurrection.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Kindly provide a bible passage where Jesus asked anyone not to carve any image or shut ur mouth.

I saw all the examples from the scriptures that was used to show the light but you didn't agree, so I don't think I will be wasting trying to show you where God talked about graven images.. Keep up with idolatary
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Jesus of course is the only way to the father.In Mary's intercession she does not bypass Jesus enroute the father.She also goes through Jesus to the father.

I wonder what is the issue here.Abi don't your pastors equally pray for you to Jesus

My pastors are not dead, mary is..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

Mary is the Ark of your New Covenant. Mary has no power to keep anybody free from sin. She had to fight for her own salvation. What happened to all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God? If Mary is full of grace, what of Enoch that never tasted death? What of Melchizedek that had no mother or Father?

go tell angel gabriel why he was hailing mary and telling her she was full of grace. My bro go si don. Pple jst like saying things sha.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

I asked a simple question and this is your reply?

P.S. Work on your use of English language then we can talk of illiteracy

That's how he acts.. Just foaming in his mouth
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia: I WANT TO POSE A QUESTION FROM THE FLESH TO MY CATHOLIC MINDED BRETHREN. AND PLEASE INDULGE ME BY GIVING ME ALL THE ANSWERS YOU CAN, THIS QUESTION IS RELATED TO THE ISSUE AT HAND.

IS A SURROGATE GENETICALLY RELATED TO A CHILD?

Jesus is not a surrogate child of Mary.His humanity was sourced from Mary.His flesh and blood were genetically derived from her.Stop bringing all this childish analogies
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Mary's perpetual virginity

In connection with the study of Mary during Our Lord's hidden life, we meet the questions of her perpetual virginity, of her Divine motherhood, and of her personal sanctity. Her spotless virginity has been sufficiently considered in the article on the Virgin Birth. The authorities there cited maintain that Mary remained a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her Divine Son, as well as after the birth of Jesus. Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son. [65]

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus". [66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God. [67]

The same must be said of the expression, "and he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn son" (Matthew 1:25); the Evangelist tells us what did not happen before the birth of Jesus, without suggesting that it happened after his birth. [68] The name "firstborn" applies to Jesus whether his mother remained a virgin or gave birth to other children after Jesus; among the Jews it was a legal name [69], so that its occurrence in the Gospel cannot astonish us.

Finally, the "brothers of Jesus" are neither the sons of Mary, nor the brothers of Our Lord in the proper sense of the word, but they are His cousins or the more or less near relatives. [70] The Church insists that in His birth the Son of God did not lessen but consecrate the virginal integrity of His mother (Secret in Mass of Purification). The Fathers express themselves in similar language concerning this privilege of Mary

The 'brothers' of Mary are his cousins? Are you saying the word cousin is not in the Bible? Don't you think the Bible would have specified it considering the fact that it was specified that Mark was Barnabas' cousin? Col 4: 10

What happened to the marriage of Mary and Joseph?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Kindly provide a bible passage where Jesus asked anyone not to carve any image or shut ur mouth.

[b]Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exodus 20:4-5 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Acts 17:29 - Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Leviticus 26:1 - Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 4:16-19 - 16 Lest ye corrupt [yourselves], and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
17 The likeness of any beast that [is] on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,
18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:
19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.[/b]

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

No else Sarah, Esther, Deborah etc. will also be our heavenly mother.

Or is Mary the only female in 'Heaven'?

gringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Jesus is not a surrogate child of Mary.His humanity was sourced from Mary.His flesh and blood were genetically derived from her.Stop bringing all this childish analogies

CAN YOU SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE IT CLEARLY STATES THAT CHRISTS HUMANITY AND GENETICS WERE DERIVED FROM HER
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2013
koladebrainiac:

Olodo,when David was unda the spirit,he said the Lord said to my Lord,who was he refering to,Jesse? Mtchew! Mumu ni eyin Protestant yi. You guys are the one forcing the false doctrine on us. U ask a catholic,why do u worship mary,he says he doesnt worshp her,he honours her. Then you stil go ahead and say as far as you are concern,u worshp her. Does that make sense? Whch part of the word not worshp u do not get? Ok,maybe this wil give u rest. The Catholic apostle CREED is thr 4 u to read. So stop arguing.

Is this what you are taught in your gathering?

If mary is the mother of Jesus (God), are you saying God died on the cross of calvary?

I want a yes or no answer
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

My pastors are not dead, mary is..

"When the dead raise to life they will be like angels I am the God of abraham,Isaac and Jacob.I am the God of the living and not of the dead." Jesus sain this in reply to the question of the woman who married 7 brothers.

I believe you understand what he meant.Those who die in christ are alive.Thatz why he reffered to. Abraham,isaac and Jacob as been alive even when they were supposed to be long dead
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

I WILL STILL ANSWER YOU FROM THE FLESH BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MARY WAS SIMPLY A SURROGATE. THE SEED OF CHRIST CAME FROM GOD AND ALL MARY DID WAS CARRY THE SEED TO TERM. IT TAKES THE RELEASE OF AN EGG AND THE INSEMINATION OF A SPERM FOR CONCEPTION TO OCCUR. GOD DIDNT NEED MARRYS EGGS BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY STAINED WITH SIN NEITHER DID HE NEED JOSEPHS SPERM BECAUSE THEY WERE ALSO STAINED WITH SIN SO HE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE DID IN GENESIS WHEN MAN WAS FORMED!

GOD NEEDED A SURROGATE AND MARYY WAS AVAILABLE. MARY HAD THE POWER TO SAY NO AS GOD WILL NOT FORCE US AGAINST OUR WILL BUT SHE WAS WILLING TO BE USED IN ORDER TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. A SURROGATE HAS NO GENETIC LINK TO THE CHILD. MAY GOD OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

1 Timothy 2:1- “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men.”

So asking for intercessory prayer is a very biblical thing to do, especially from a holy person like Mary (James 5:16).

So how can Mary hear thousands of prayers said to her daily from all over the world? Isn’t she just a human being and not God? Catholics believe we share in God’s divinity when we are in heaven. Why? Because of the words of Peter, in

2 Pet.1:3: "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence 4: by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature."

We know that they witness for us, because of the words of St. Paul, in Hebrews 12:1: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses…” Witnesses testify to a judge on behalf of the accused, and Paul here is saying that the saints in heaven are our witnesses.

Asking these witnesses, especially Mary, to help us with our problems is a very good thing to do.

Some people make the mistake of thinking that praying to a saint equals worshiping that saint like he/she is a god, but “to pray” simply means “to ask”, not “to worship”.

Nobody argues about intercession.

Our problem is that Mary a dead person is the 'Intercessor.'

If you are looking for a heavenly intercessor, what about the Holy Spirit? Rom 8 : 26

Why leave the Holy Spirit as ask a dead person to intercede for you?

If you are asking your Physical Rev Fr who is with you to pray for you, there is no problem.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]Catholics have recited the “Hail Mary” prayer for many years. It includes the words, “Holy Mary, Mother of God.” These words represent one of the most treasured doctrines of Catholicism. In A.D. 431, the Council of Ephesus proclaimed Mary “to be the mother of God because God the Word took flesh and became man and from his very conception united to himself the temple he took from her” . One of the arguments used extensively to support this doctrine is presented as follows: (1) Mary was the mother of Jesus; (2) Jesus is God; (3) therefore, Mary is the “Mother of God.” This syllogism may seem logical, but the conclusion is superficial. Consider the following.

First, although the Bible documents that Mary became the mother of Jesus and clearly teaches that Jesus is God, it never states, or even implies, that Mary was (or is) the “Mother of God.” For a theological syllogism to explain correctly the relationship between Mary and God, it must be based on biblical truth. We can propose correctly that (1) Jesus is God (Hebrews 1: 8 ) (2) God became flesh (John 1:1,14 ) (3) therefore, Mary is the mother of Jesus according to the flesh (Romans 9: 5 ), i.e., Jesus’ physical body.

Second, we should keep in mind that Deity is not constituted by a literal family—with fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters—like some of the gods of Greek and Roman mythology. Although we refer to the first and second Persons of the Godhead as the Father and the Son, these titles do not denote a literal familial bond, but emphasize Their united and divine nature. To refer to Mary as the “Mother of God” is to misunderstand the nature of Deity and misapply Scripture.

Third, consider the consequences which develop from such an inappropriate use of the syllogism aforementioned. Since the Bible records that Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18 ), Catholics conclude that it is correct to refer to Mary as “the daughter of God the Father, Mother of Jesus Christ, and true spouse of the Holy Spirit” If the Holy Spirit is Mary’s “husband” (and, therefore, Jesus’ “father”), and Jesus is God, would not the Holy Spirit be the “father” of God? This is not only a completely erroneous application of Scripture, but also blasphemous theology. Now let us consider some additional evidence from the Bible that further explains Mary’s relationship to God.

God does not have a physical mother.

Speaking to the Son, the Father declared, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever” (Hebrews 1: 8 ). In God’s revelation to the apostle John, the resurrected Christ said, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,...who is and who was and who is to come” (Revelation 1: 8 ). The Son did not have a beginning; He is the Beginning. “He was in the beginning with God” (John 1:1- 2 ). Paul pointed out, “He is before all things, and in Him all things consist” (Colossians 1:17).

The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity ( Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5).

Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David ( Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58 ). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5 ).

Mary never was considered the “Mother of God.”

There is not a single verse in the Bible that describes Mary as the “Mother of God.” In fact, none of the inspired writers of either the Old or New Testament gave even a hint that she should be regarded as such. This idea is based purely on human tradition. Mary considered herself as a “maidservant of the Lord” (Luke 1:38 ) and considered God as her “Savior” (Luke 1:47). Sadly, many have distorted this concept.

When speaking about the blessing of being chosen by God to be the mother of the Messiah, Mary declared: “For He [God] has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant” (Luke 1:48). Certainly the words “lowly state” would be inappropriate to refer to Mary if she is the “Mother of God.” the Greek word for “lowly state” is tapeinosis, which denotes “abasement, humiliation, or low estate” Mary was conscious of the humble state of her human condition.

Additionally, the New Testament makes it very clear Who became flesh. It was God Who took on the form of a man (John 1:14) and was born of a woman (Galatians 4:4). The woman did not become “divine” in order to conceive the Son of God. The Bible mentions Mary as the mother of Jesus, but never as the “Mother of God” (Mark 3:31; Luke 8:19; Acts 1:14).[/b]

Hehehehe.. Will be saving this quote for any catholic to come up with the mary is the mother of God blah blahblah.. Thanks naijadeyhia

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (62) (Reply)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.